Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Music of the... : (28 July 2014 - 10:47 PM) Good Morning GALFriends! I just now saw how to post to the shout box ...haha!! It's that Facebook pic of Gerry ..... it distracted me :multicigs: (and every other picture that's been posted :heat:
@  heISmyGspot : (28 July 2014 - 03:00 PM) I've uploaded pix taken by Photog Micael at the PJ Party: http://gbgalsgallery...egasPJ/Michael/
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 12:30 PM) :gotgals: right???
@  BlueJean : (28 July 2014 - 12:14 PM) Exactly, Kathy!   Exactly!  :multicigs:
@  Forbes girl : (28 July 2014 - 11:32 AM) Holy Cow, that picture!!! :multicigs:
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM) Posted Image Facebook pic...get ready...younger Gerry rockin' some long wavy hair!
@  Lady Elissa : (28 July 2014 - 07:53 AM) Week 5 is up and running. See post 145 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...=6#entry1521129
@  Lady Elissa : (27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM) Voting for this week in the Gerry Character Survivor Game ends tonight at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern. See post #118 for list of characters and instructions for voting. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1521038
@  BlueJean : (27 July 2014 - 05:31 AM) Thanks, Gals, for the Happy Galsversary wishes......it has been grand - and so much fun.   It's also wonderful to see Gerry still such an "attraction" - and success.  
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:52 PM) I'm not sure how many years I have been here, but they all been GRAND. I love Gals and I love Gerry absolutely. Sandy
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:51 PM) Happy Galaversay Blue Jean.
@  Forbes girl : (26 July 2014 - 02:52 PM) Hey Bonnie "BlueJean"! Happy 7 years Galsversary! We have both been here for 7 years. Isn't it GRAND! :D
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:05 PM) Kisses and hugs to you Gerard, from all your devoted fans!!!! XXXXX
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM) Time to spend many hours on "Gerard Butler Gals!!!! Looking at "Hugo Boss" print ad!!!!!!! Hope to see it in "Elle Québec"!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:01 PM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!!! We love you very much!!!!!
@  becozy : (25 July 2014 - 06:17 AM) Posted ImagePrint Ad thread for comments
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 09:23 AM)   7/24 - Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!Posted Image
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) 7/24 - Skyscrapers are rising for London Has Fallen
@  becozy : (23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM) Posted Image
Insane Tuesday Night at Project with my gang... Jordan Rocca, Ariel Vromen, Gerarld Butler. Rocking London! — with Jordan Rocca and Gerard Butler. Source Thread here

@  Arwen : (23 July 2014 - 01:29 AM) https://www.google.c...-a&channel=fflb

Photo

Trading Card Coffee Shop

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 dracsgirl

dracsgirl

Marek's Lady GAL

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: dracsgirl and Mandy (pub)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

I chose Hilarie Burton aka Peyton on One Tree Hill. It is one of my most favorite shows since Dawson's Creek. She is very beautiful and she is so very sweet. This is her bio: Audiences are familiar with Hilarie Burton from her work as one of MTV's hottest VJs. Today, Burton plays Peyton Sawyer, the fiercely independent, beautiful high school student on The WB's hit drama One Tree Hill. With a presence in network and cable TV, radio and soon, the big screen, she is one of the hottest young stars of today. Born and raised in Loudoun County, Virginia, with her three brothers, Burton developed a passion for acting early in life. Shortly after moving to New York to pursue her dream, she landed the coveted job of VJ at MTV. As a host of TRL, MTV's wildly popular request show, and various MTV specials, Burton interviews the most talked-about people in entertainment, from Angelina Jolie to Ben Affleck. You can also catch her talking to the hottest names in music on her popular syndicated college radio show W.O.B.U. In 2005, Burton made her feature film debut in, Our Very Own, a comedy/drama set in Nashville, Tennesse, in the 1970s.

#52 Ironranger

Ironranger

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Minnesnowta Gal

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:22 AM

I think this is a great thread!!! I don't have any other reason for picking "Maxine" other than she cracks me up!!! Oh, another reason was trying to pick an actress was proving difficult because alot of my favs were already taken ~ but Maxine suits me better than the actresses would have! She's not the prettiest cartoon character, but she does tell it like it is!! I find that I have that same character flaw! I hope I am still as vocal (& funny) as she is when I get older!! I have always loved her cards! I want to be just like her when I grow up!! My friends have gotten me some of her items for birthdays, etc & I love them! I usually don't send out a card if it doesn't have her on it!!! Everyone always comments on how they like the cards that they get from me & that they are very funny! I also usually buy her calendars each year! I should really get a daily calendar so I can get a new chuckle every day! I can always count on her to make me smile & laugh!! I have added a few other "Maxine" picts to my avatar/siggy for your enjoyment! The avatar hung on my desk at my old job - Frequent Flyer Program Desk at one of the US's bigger airlines! If someone was whining on the phone, I would just look at her and smile!! If you can't read it, it says: If they gave a "frequent whiner" bonus, I could fly to the moon for free!!! I hope she brings a smile to your face, too!

#53 MareksLadyD

MareksLadyD

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,765 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mistress of the Lair, Fill me up with Gerry Juice GAL, Marek's chest is my Pillow GAL, Whore-skateer

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

I chose Belinda Carlisle from the 80s girl band 'The GoGos' Only because when I was in college I was told by multiple people that I looked like her. I found it very flattering, but honestly I never really saw it. And I absolutely bow to Queen Bethy for finding such a great pic of her with the red hair. It was exactly what I wanted. I thought about Lisa Welchel, anyone remember her as Blair from the Facts of Life. Same thing, throughout high school I was told I looked like her. I am totally dating myself here, but oh well. I'm 38 :funnyface: , but I'm told I look like I'm in my late 20s. I can live with that.

Edited by DawnS, 20 November 2006 - 01:48 PM.

#54 Hobbes

Hobbes

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,480 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Christener/Dubber/Original Mr. Pinky GAL

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

Man, I love this place! Every day I find something new! I chose Isabelle Adjani because I think she's got the most magnificent eyes! I just think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world. (All of which has nothing to do with me :lol: except that I've been told I have nice eyes and I've always thought they were my best feature.) I asked for a pic from the "Queen Margot" era. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it (Vincent Perez-yum.) It is soooo romantic!

#55 Shan

Shan

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Audi TT GAL

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

I chose Alyson Hannigan for my trading card because I just adore funny, quirky, talented women. And because her character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Willow) reminded me so much of myself as a teen - awkward, shy, and very curious. I was (ok, still am) such a geek! Alyson is known for playing the funny girl, but I think she is also absolutely gorgeous. She radiates with confidence and goodwill. I admire her and just really enjoy everything I've seen her in. She seems like an incredibly fun person and that's what I aspire to be. ~Shan

#56 novembercherry

novembercherry

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: novembercherry

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hey Ya'll. I chose Rihanna for my card. She's Beautiful, sweet, and she's from Barbados! She's a wonderful young artist who isn't full of herself. She thinks about others before herself. Did I mention She's also from Beautiful Barbados?!

#57 Erica78

Erica78

OneTwo's Gangsta GAL

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Official Brothel Gal, Lairotica of the Lair

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

Wow wear have I been? I have had my Trading Card since Aug and I haven't been here yet to talk about my who I choose for my Trading Card.

I choose supermodel Laetitia Casta, best know as the Guess Girl. She is French and very beautiful, it was between her and Virginie Ledoyen a french actress who was in The Beach. I liked Laetitia's eyes better so I put as my number 1 choose. Here are her Stats.

Name: Laetitia Casta
Birth Name: Laetitia Marie Laure Casta
Height: 5' 7''
Sex: F
Nationality: French
Birth Date: May 11, 1978
Birth Place: Pont-Audeme, France
Profession: Model, Actress
Relationship: Stephane Sednaoui (fashion photographer), engaged to Stefano Accorsi (b. March 2, 1971)
Father: Dominique Casta (Corsican father)
Mother: Line Casta (native of Normandy, France)
Sister: Marie-Ange (younger)
Brother: Jean-Baptiste (older)
Daughter: Sahteene Sednaoui (b. Paris, (19 October 2001)
Claim to fame: As the Guess? Girl

And here are a couple of pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think she is very beautiful and Elegant

Erica

Edited by Erica78, 29 March 2007 - 06:40 PM.

#58 Brittmyster

Brittmyster

Creedy's Firey GAL

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Southern Faerie Lass; Creedy's Southern Daisy GAL

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

I chose Jamie Pressly. First because Delta Burke and Ava Gardner were taken. Then while watching the mother's day episode of My Name Is Earl. I thought for all her trashyness, Joy loves her family, but her trashy make her so funny. Plus she is a southern blonde with a bit of sas. I have a wee bit too, and really get to let is out in here.
Thanks Bethy!!
xox
K

She is hilarious; she's from the town right beside mine (mine is like a really small one; I dont think we have 800 people! LOL! and her hometown is bigger, but, it's still small)

The person on my card is the lovely Kate Walsh. (Addison from Grey's Anatomy) I did have my mind set on Naomi Watts...but then Kate Walsh popped into my head...and I saw that picture of her and it was just so gorgeous. I dont know that much about her ( :bonk: ) but I will do research if need be! LOL! The only other thing I know about her is that she played a waitress in "Bewitched" (the movie) at the party Will Ferrell's character threw at the end of the movie. She was one of the ones who Michael Caine's character hit on. She's just such a lovely person and I love her character on Grey's. (love that show as well! LOL!) She IS Addison; I dont think that there's anyone else who could play Addison.

#59 RoseGirl

RoseGirl

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

I picked Melissa Archer, who plays Natalie on the soap opera One Life to Live, because I think she is spunky and beautiful. And like her I also have red hair, ( I am half Irish). I love the charter she plays because she is strong woman. Bethy thank you so much you are amazing.

#60 Knight Phantom

Knight Phantom

Phantom Mod

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 6,826 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Writer of Love Letters; Gerry's "Ask her!" GAL

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

Sheesh! I am only now finding this thread. Love all the stories why we pick who we do for our cards. I picked Amy Lee from the group Evanescence. I love her voice and if I was 20 years younger I would be a Goth.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You can read more about Amy here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1341624/bio

#61 SingerGirl1369

SingerGirl1369

Gerracula's Bad GAL

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Location:GB's "Obsessed" Asylum for Girls (Loves Park, Illinois)
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

I picked Amy Adams because we have a lot in common, and her singing and acting is so much like mine. I can feel her acting. It's very moving and she gets into everything she does. Plus in the movie "Enchanted" her character bursts into song randomly, as well as myself. (note the avvie)... so i dunno, i just like her a ton!

#62 AngelofMusic

AngelofMusic

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry`s Sassy Scorpio GAL

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Wow, I had no idea this thread was here either lol. Well my trading card picture is of the lovely, English actress Emily Blunt (and no theres no relation to the singer James Blunt...who I by the way cannot bloody stand lol). Emily is very talented and absolutely gorgeous. You may have seen her in the 2006 film, ''the Devil Wears Prada'' as well as ''The Jane Austen Book Club'' and ''Charlie Wilsons War'' amoung others. She can also be seen in a upcoming film about the early years of Queen Victoria, called "The Young Victoria", where Emily of corse will play the title role,and that movie is expected to be released somewhere around September of this year. I consider Emily to be extremely sophisticated an actress, and she stays out of the public eye for the most part, instead of showing herself off like a product (*cough*lindsaylohan*cough*), which to me is so refreshing. Its also so nice to have an actress near my age that I myself can look up to as a role model. If you dont know who she is, look her up and check out some of her work, she is fantastic!

#63 Gerry Duty

Gerry Duty

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Goldey Beacom GAL, 100 Monkeys GAL, Spencer Bell Legacy GAL, Lady Jeanette von Butler, Loyal Subject of the HRHC Sisterhood, Gerry's Country GAL, Gerry's Delaware GAL, Gerry's keeper of the BIG guns, Gerry's Blue Hen GAL, Gerry's official driver, Official Member of the GALS Siggy Piggy Club

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

This is what I LOVE about GALS, a hidden place for everything! Never knew this was here!! I chose Christian Bale, yeah hes not a gal :funnyface:, I admire his work and passion. He is such a great actor. He reminds me alot of Gerry, almost all of his roles require him to get lost into the character and become that person for said period of time. Has anyone seen American Psycho? Below is his mini-bio: Christian Charles Philip Bale 30 January 1974, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK The 10th Anniversary issue of "Entertainment Weekly" crowned Christian Bale as one of the "Top 8 Most Powerful Cult Figures" of the past decade, citing his incredible and legendary cult status on the Internet. EW also calls Bale one of the "Most Creative People in Entertainment" after his brilliant turn as the psychopathic yuppie serial killer in American Psycho (2000). And "Premiere" lauded him as one of the "Hottest Leading Men Under 30". Christian Bale has garnered a huge international audience ever since he wowed critics with his devastating performance in Steven Spielberg's WWII epic Empire of the Sun (1987). Bale made his professional debut opposite British comedian Rowan Atkinson on the London West End stage. He auditioned with 4000 other kids for the coveted role of James Graham in Spielberg's Empire of the Sun (1987). Bale received a special citation for Best Performance by a Juvenile Actor from the National Board of Review -- an award specially created for his performance in "Empire". In the following decade, Welsh-born Bale has appeared in Shakespeare, dramas and comedies demonstrating a versatility, depth and range that has made him one of the best reviewed actors today and one of the most popular actors on the Internet. Bale is the youngest in a family of 3 older sisters (Erin, Sharon, and Louise Bale). Trivia Hand-picked by director/writer Mary Harron and author Bret Easton Ellis to star in American Psycho (2000). Consequently, was noted by the media as the first star of American Psycho (2000), only to lose the part to Leonardo DiCaprio and then win it back again. Is an excellent horseman and an avid reader. He trained for 10 weeks in dancing and martial arts for the dance sequences in Newsies (1992) and Swing Kids (1993). He has an uncanny ear for accents - he has used a different accent for each of his films to date. Bale was handpicked by Winona Ryder for the coveted role of Laurie (Theodore Laurence) in Little Women (1994). His father, David Bale, married feminist icon Gloria Steinem on September 3, 2000. A devoted animal lover, Christian has two dogs [Mojo and Ramone] and three cats [Miriam, Molly, and Lilly], which are all strays that he found. Christian is active in many organizations, including Ark Trust, Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Foundation, the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, the Redwings Sanctuary, and the Happy Child Mission, and a school for street kids in Rio De Janeiro. His grandfather doubled for John Wayne in two movies, in Africa. His first on-screen role was in 1983 at age 9 in a British commercial for Pac-Man cereal. He replaced Leonardo DiCaprio for the film American Psycho (2000). Stepson of feminist author Gloria Steinem His father, David Bale, died on 30 December 2003, from brain lymphoma at the age of 62. He was raised in England, Portugal and California. His great-uncle, Rex Bale, was an actor. His father was a former commercial pilot. His mother was a former circus dancer. He has three sisters: musician Erin Bale; computer professional Sharon Bale; and director/actress Louise Bale, who appeared in Newsies (1992). His grandfather was a stand-up comic and children's entertainer. Met his wife through Winona Ryder; she was Ryder's personal assistant. With Batman Begins (2005), he has become the seventh actor to play Batman/Bruce Wayne in a live-action film. Dropped an amazing 63 pounds for his role as the emaciated insomniac Trevor Reznik in the film Maquinista, El (2004) with only a single vitamin consultation with a nutritionist to guide him. For the most part, he only ate salads and apples, chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and drank nonfat lattes. Considered getting formal acting training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) when he was twenty, but decided to focus on working instead. Has been in 2 versions of the John Smith/Pocahontas story. He provides the voice of Thomas in Pocahontas (1995) and plays John Rolfe in The New World (2005). Turned down the opportunity to reprise the role of Patrick Bateman in the Roger Avary-directed The Rules of Attraction (2002). His wife, Sibi Blazic, gave birth to the couple's first child, a girl. The baby was born 27 March, 2005 in Santa Monica, California. In the "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" radio interview first aired June 13, 2005, he admitted to Gross that because Batman is "such an American icon", he had decided not to perform his promotional interviews for the movie Batman Begins (2005) in his natural mixed Welsh/British accent. He instead spoke to Gross in an almost-inflection less mid-American accent, only revealing his dialectic roots with a few words. Has 3 older sisters: Erin, Sharon & Louise Bale' Two of his most famous character's names have a difference of only one letter. Bateman and Batman. Since a young age he was very ambitious about attending Drama School, and auditioned for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA), and the Central School of Speech And Drama at the age of twenty. He was accepted to all, but was convinced by his parents to continue working instead. To this day, he regrets not attending drama school for his personal passion of learning his craft. Auditioned for the role of Robin/Dick Grayson in Batman Forever (1995). About ten years later, he was cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins (2005). The nameplate on his trailer for Batman Begins (2005) read "Bruce Wayne" as opposed to Bale's name. First non-American actor to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne. Is the youngest actor to portray Batman. Owned a home he shared with his sister, Louise Bale, in Manhattan Beach. Before he played "Batman" in Batman Begins (2005), his sister Louise Bale played Batman's mother in The Death of Batman (2003). Auditioned for the role of Jack Dawson in Titanic (1997) and almost got the role but people felt that it wouldn't be "fair" having two Brits playing two Americans (Rose was American as well, she says in the movie that the Titanic was a slave ship bring her back to America). Considered for the role of Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003). Is a distant relative to the 19th-Century thespian Lily Langtry. Shares the role of Batman with Val Kilmer. Since reading "Charlotte's Web", he does not eat red meat. If he plays an American character, he will use an American accent in all the interviews related to the film. He says he does this so the audience isn't confused. Daughter Emmaline, born 27 March 2005. Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#13). [2007]. Although born and raised in Wales, his family is actually English. Was good friends with actor Heath Ledger. His fans refer to themselves as "Baleheads". I am so ready to see The Dark Knight!!!!

#64 GUESTPilar_*

GUESTPilar_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

Edited by Pilar, 25 June 2008 - 08:55 AM.

#65 barberry

barberry

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Frog Gal

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

My card is Meryl Streep, one of the most talented actresses ever. She and I are exactly the same age, to the day. Now if I could just figure out a way to look as gorgeous as she does, year after year. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users