Icon Announcements!

Posted Image

Posted ImageGerry's OFFICIAL Posted Image Find GALS at Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - YouTube - MySpace - Statigram & Instagram & Webstagram

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (24 April 2014 - 02:22 PM) The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2: featuring more than 300 concept sketches and an introduction by Gerard Butler!
@  sweetquebecer : (24 April 2014 - 10:40 AM) I love Stoick poster!!!!! It's so beautiful!!!!!
@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM) Added Stoick Character Poster Posted Image
@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 12:28 PM) :seeyou: Posted Image Gerry rockin' some Lavishly Hip Chan Luu accessories
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 08:03 PM) 4/21 - Gerry at strictlyballroomthemusical
Posted Image Posted Image
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:35 PM) First 5 minutes of HTTYD2!video emeded in post
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:15 PM) Social Media Pics roundup from Weekend
@  sofietje : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 AM) Happy Easter everyone
@  zanyzombie : (20 April 2014 - 09:39 AM) Happy Easter!!
@  may : (20 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) :cheer: Happy Easter to all the Gals..
@  Paisleyscot : (19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM) Happy Easter to All!    Posted Image
@  shirsan : (19 April 2014 - 09:00 PM) HAPPY EASTER everyone.
@  Forbes girl : (19 April 2014 - 04:45 PM) Happy Easter to everyone! Remember the reason for the day!
@  BlueJean : (19 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) Wishing all of you a very blessed and happy Easter......with lotsa' hugs.
@  becozy : (18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM) BlueJean ;)
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:09 PM) I like that one too!!!!The story, all the cast, Gerard is so good, great, incredibly handsome!!!!
@  may : (18 April 2014 - 12:06 PM) just saw "Playing for Keeps" on TV and it was great!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:03 PM) Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter to all and Gerard!!! Enjoy your inner "Easter Bunny"!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:02 PM) Hello! Ah, I love that movie so much!!!!! I've seen it many times, read the book, bought the DVD!!!!Gerard is so great in it!!!! I cry a "river" each time!!!!
@  BlueJean : (18 April 2014 - 10:49 AM) Barb - should I have said......."more, Gerry........more!"  instead of "more of Gerry"? Posted Image

Photo

Gerry's kick-arse gals

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Fjord GAL, Protectoresse of Beowulf's sword, fur/chainmail mender GAL

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

I received so much positive feedback for inspiration posting this another place that I decided to copy and paste! Please join in with before/after-stories!

Hi gals!

I've been thinking about this for a while...
I'll start you up kindly by connecting to gals of ALL ages!
( Thinly veiled excuse for posting pictures from yesteryears.... Most pi... er... photos hubby's faves.
From his side of the bed/office/studio etc Try spotting ones that are DEF not... :funnyface: ) :rotflmao:
Posted Image
17,- one week away from 18, soon to be engaged. Young and innoc... Well, young! :cunning:

Posted Image
27, married and all 3 kids born. Summertime and VERRA happy!!! :pointy:

37 - teenagers in the house, - blessed with good and lucky ones! :inlove:
Posted Image

47... My 40s, aka "the VERRA dark ages"... Illnesses, deaths, economic trouble: apathy and comfort food - A LOT of it...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Early in the spring of 2003 I sat myself down and said:

- Listen up, missy!!
30 years from now: Do you still want to kick butt OR risk having kicked the bucket?!?
:tantrum:

You know me... :kisswink: I HAD to choose Posted Image :cunning:
( Not that I would EVER.... Au contrai... NOT the gutter! NOT the gutter! )

Later in 2003:Posted Image

Since I'm old and wise ( Stop laughing, Jilly! ) a couple of pointers:

1) If you are say broadshouldered and shortlegged no slimming nor trimming will EVEH make you Venus de Milo. I recommend Suze and Trinny's "What NOT to wear!".

2) If you are say blessed with genes that make you grey early do NOT color dark brunette the way you used to be..
Freshly colored it will make you look like a VERRA haggered thirty-something with a severe hang-over, and when it grows out..... Hubby once filmed me on a VERRA windy ferrytrip: I looked like a fat bald freak with a scary halo of dark hair....! Get used to the new you OR go more blondish!

I used to have my hair free flowing or neatly...er.. swirled up in a haste with pencil/paintbrush etc jammed through to keep it in place when working, - like so:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Earlier this spring I decided to make myself over ( :rotflmao: ) and by use of kitchenscissors and a little something from L'Oreal this is about now.. Taken a few weeks ago, all dolled up for visitors...
Hubby jumped to the occation.. (I look about as "pleased" as I was, but this shows my new "bangs"), - i.e. me wearing make up..
Yes, I can look EVEN worse :tantrum:
Ignore that awful sound in the background! It's only gravity gnashing it's teeth for being deprived of playing havoc 100% with this ol' gal :boink: :
Posted Image

My ONE intact color... :tissues: Posted Image

#2 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Swannie Anne

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

hey Eva Marie!

Well since just after Christmas, I have been working my arse off... to well.... work my arse off! I have been living a new lifestyle of regular exercise and reasonable eating... and up until I saw the photos from the '07 Vegas Con, I was feeling pretty proud of my progress. I knew I had a loooooong way to go to get myself in the healthy shape I want to be.... but I could see a real difference in the way my clothes were fitting, and that made me happy!

But I confess that when I was hit in the face with these new photos... I almost cried, because it's obvious from these photos, I have much more work ahead of me.

But then... just to compare, I took a look at the photos from 2006 Vegas, and I was SHOCKED! I really can see a big difference, so I'm feeling pretty pleased again.

These are photos from 2006:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And here are some from 2007:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, my challenge is to continue these changes, and incorporate them into my lifestyle permanently. Being Gerry's fan, and being part of GALS, have convinced me, that we women can be sexy, beautiful and sassy at ANY age. I'm not giving up!

Oh, and about the hair... When I was in my early 20's, I had very blonde, very long hair. For the past few years, I've been having my hair done with more color dimension... with a 3 color weave process from rich carmel to golden blonde, and this seems to work best for me. I look too washed out with one color of light blonde. And despite my mother's constant nagging me to wear my hair shorter, I've decided I like it longer, and so long as I can pull it off, I'm gonna wear it long!

Also, lately I've been going lighter on the make-up. Kind of a less is more concept. When I do wear foundation, I apply it lightly, and finish off with a very light dusting of glow powder. That way I don't look all pasty and tired.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong, 15 June 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#3 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Fjord GAL, Protectoresse of Beowulf's sword, fur/chainmail mender GAL

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

Brava!!! Bravissima!!! Yes, it takes time, - but the rewards are GREAT! In my thirties I used to do Callanetics ( Superb! ), but it took more than an hour... Now I do Mari Winsor pilates ( 20 minutes 3-5 days a week ) + walks. Eat with my mouth AND my brain on weekdays and am "on leave" ( within reason ) on weekends. Galsister-hugs from Eva Mari :inlove:

#4 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

I've been doing 20 minutes on the Nordic Track at least 5 days a week... and so far, that's been working for me. I've also done some more specific exercises for the individual parts of my body, but the NT seems to be the most effective for me. I confess though... I'm still exhausted and sore from the trip, and wonder when my energy will come back! Swannie

#5 LeslieDcup

LeslieDcup

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,388 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Point of No Return GAL, Gerry's Tastes-So-Good Cigarette, Writer of Gutter GALS' Gerrotica

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

Well since just after Christmas, I have been working my arse off... to well.... work my arse off! I have been living a new lifestyle of regular exercise and reasonable eating... and up until I saw the photos from the '07 Vegas Con, I was feeling pretty proud of my progress. I knew I had a loooooong way to go to get myself in the healthy shape I want to be.... but I could see a real difference in the way my clothes were fitting, and that made me happy!

Swannie,
I wanted to tell you that I IMMEDIATELY noticed that you'd lost a lot of weight. Your face looks tremendously thinner and your dress both nights fit you so beautifully. Yes, you want to lose more, but be proud of how far you've come. I kept telling Annemarie of the amazing changes of so many of the GALS: you, Mel, Mousie - truly inspirational!

While I want to lose 30 pounds or so, it takes just as much dedication as losing 100. I didn't seem to have the motivation last year, maybe this will be MY year!

:rose:

#6 raina snow

raina snow

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,500 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: attila's lady in waiting, Mareks side by side gal, the phantom's GAL

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Swannie your face doesnt even look like the same person you look so good wow you are so pretty. Eva Marie you look great. I still am having trouble but a lot has to do with my meds. But Swannie I can't get over how wonderful you look. Your husband is not bad either haha lu Betts

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 602 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Jenny

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

I'm completely allergic to exercise. The only pseudo-exercise I get can only be discussed in the gutter. :cunning: However, I'm 9lbs down thanks to WWatchers. 20 more to go. Later! :claphands:

#8 MareksLadyD

MareksLadyD

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,765 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mistress of the Lair, Fill me up with Gerry Juice GAL, Marek's chest is my Pillow GAL, Whore-skateer

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

It's funny, but weight seems to be the common subject through all these threads today. Swan I have to say that I could have written part of your post and actually I did write a post similar to that in another thread. I felt good and even sexy again when I was in Vegas, but I looked at the pics when I got home and just felt fluffy. But I did feel good those few days with all of you incredibly lovely GALS! And Jenny- shut it, you're darling and look awesome!

Edited by DawnS, 15 June 2007 - 07:42 PM.

#9 Football Princess

Football Princess

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,807 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Dr. Football Princess GAL

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

OK, I admit. I too, am on the Get Healthy for Vegas kick again. With all the working out I did this year, dang it! I'm still the same beautiful size I always was. However, I am going to be running more this year. I've finally been able to start running and not just walking, which is a step in the right direction. If I could just get lifting those weights, that would make the most change! I know what to do, I just have to do it! Thanks goodness we have each other to stay motivated, right? :scale: :yippee: :goodjob2: :penguin:

#10 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

You know, and it's not just about weight either. It's about NOT giving into time, and about NOT giving up on being beautiful, and sexy, just because we are past a certain age. We've heard Gerry say that he loves women of all ages and sizes, and I think he means that. We as women have a tendency to believe that just because we reach a certain age, we are mom's or grammas, and our looks don't matter anymore. We get that same message repeatedly from the entertainment industry, who remind us, by NOT casting more mature actresses in good roles...that no one wants to see us in the limelight. One of the main things I have learned from GALS... is that this is just plain wrong thinking. Sure it takes more work to be attractive at 50 than it did when we were in our 20's. It is far more difficult to keep the weight down.... but this is the time in our lives when we need all our energy reserves and the best possible physical condition. I'm definitely going to do all I can to be healthy, and to make my hubby proud to be with me, and to feel good about myself. We have another year now, before Vegas '08.... so lets make the most of it! Swannie

Edited by Swansong, 15 June 2007 - 09:27 PM.

#11 Debrasue

Debrasue

Gus' Dressing Room GAL

• Members
  • 1,706 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Maiden of the Mirrors Gal

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:09 AM

This is for All Gerry's Kick-arse Gals...wherever you are...
Never be afraid to reach for that Star...
What's the worst that could happen...if you didn't try....
Well..the worst would be your life...passing you by...
And it happens sooo fast...in the blink of an eye!!!
I think we should make this the Official Gals Asskickin pin...
And wear it whenever you feel like your gonna just give in!
Posted Image
don't be afraid to click it!

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue, 16 June 2007 - 06:37 AM.

#12 frenchy1212

frenchy1212

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Members
  • 1,110 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Swannie

There is certainly a difference in those photos, Swannie! :claphands: Good for you!

The pink dress you wore for the talent showcase was lovely.

frenchy.

#13 moonglow

moonglow

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,620 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Admirer of Gerry's shoulders GAL, protector and hugger of the Johnnie GAL

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Swannie, I thought you looked fantastic!! Eva, that was one hell of a great post!! With dying the hair, for those going prematurely grey, dye your hair a shade or two lighter than it is, it will cover the greys if you do it the same color as your hair, it will come out like shoe polish. I try to eat healthy, but I slip for a month or two, it's not that I eat badly, but let me put it this way, in December my cholesterol was 235, in March, just from eating a little bit better I brought it down to 190, if I quit smoking it would be even lower..(it turns out, the foods I like are actually very very good for you) of course I did eat my way through LV..thankfully I did a lot of walking and didn't gain a pound, but still, my cholesterol probably is right up there again.

#14 touchmetrustme

touchmetrustme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 6,673 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

Wow, Eva, you inspire me to try harder! And Bonnie, your transformation was amazing - I told you that over and over, in Vegas! I have had some health issues this past year and know I need to make some drastic changes, but time does not permit me to go to a gym (nor do I know what to do for my particular circumstances when I do get there). Also, I need to eat healthier. This is a formal request for help. I need someone who can plan and cook decent diabetic meals and is knowledgeable of cardio-vascular workouts to come live with my mom and me, in exchange for room and board and a small salaray. Any takers?????? I'm serious. It would involve you moving to Kilgore, Texas. Let me hear from you.

#15 moonglow

moonglow

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,620 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Admirer of Gerry's shoulders GAL, protector and hugger of the Johnnie GAL

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

OH I would so help you out if I could. But until then, try this..you are a diabetic, go to your doctor and ask to see a dietian..they really can help you by telling you just what your caloric and carb intake a day should be to lose weight in a healthy way, especially with your insulin issues, that may be the safest way. When you join a gym (and believe me I do know about time constraints, I have to go on my lunch hour) do some research and find ones with registered and more importantly, school trained either physical therapists or trainers..that way they can tell you the exact work out you can do and still control your diabetes, seriously, a lot of gyms hire med students, they do know their stuff. If you've done all this, please excuse this post, I promise I wasn't trying to preach, just totally wanting to help you out any way I can..and I hope you can find what you are looking for..oh, and the dietian may be able to help you out with finding a trainer as well, sometimes hospitals have special programs for diabetics as well.

#16 touchmetrustme

touchmetrustme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 6,673 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

Ya know what? Ok, this is my confession. I know what and when I'm supposed to eat or not eat. I'm in a medical profession, myself, and everytime I get inspired to do better, I talk, again, with a diatician, and make a slight effort. But I'm basically lazy, in those areas, and I know I'll never stick with it. So, I really do need a personal assistant if I'm ever going to have any degree of success - someone to drive me. Everything you suggested is excellent advice, don't get me wrong, and I do appreciate your input. It's me that is the problem. Hugs, Libby

#17 moonglow

moonglow

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,620 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

Believe me when I say this, I totally and completely understand, for me, I get bored, like I can do it crazy for three months..and then whammo..I'll just stop. completely. The only other thing I can tell you is..there are places that will deliver the meals to you, and not just in Hollywood, that might help..getting a trainer to come to your house, I still have no idea how to do that though. I do hope you find what you are looking for though, seriously, all it takes sometimes is something to spark it and then off you go!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

#18 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

If I had to leave my home to do exercise, I know I would never do it. First off, it takes too much time, and secondly... I HATE exercising in front of other people. I am fortunate in that I have my own Nordic Track, and can use it whenever I wish.... listening to whatever music motivates me (can you guess what I listen to?) Libby, get yourself some sort of stationary bike... something you can keep in your own home. I do my workout at around midnight, which works great for me, and I like having the freedom and privacy of an in-home apparatus. Libbs, I hope you find the right person to help you, because I KNOW how much you need this. I appreciate everyone's compliments about my progress. When I first bought that pink dress in January, (which I adore and cannot wait to wear again!) I couldn't even zip it, so it felt really wonderful to put it on at the convention with confidence. Too bad one of the straps broke on the dance floor, but that was because my mom shortened the straps too much LOL!! Swannie

#19 Football Princess

Football Princess

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,807 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

In my thirties I used to do Callanetics ( Superb! ), but it took more than an hour... Now I do Mari Winsor pilates ( 20 minutes 3-5 days a week ) + walks.

OMG Nordic Girl, I used to do Callanetics too! Not a lot of people have heard of that. I used to love that. I do Mari Windsor as well, but after I get back from my walk/run (when I'm supposed to get on the floor and do pilates) I always seem to find an excuse for not doing it.

Does anyone else have that problem?

#20 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

yeah....Pammie, a little voice in my head finds excuses NOT to exercise, and I hear every single day. So you know what I do... I tell that little voice TO STICK IT!!!!! The benefits to my exercising are now becoming too obvious to deny. I only caught one cold last winter, and it was very short in duration, and it did NOT turn into bronchitis! That in itself is a fookin' miracle! I feel better, I sleep better and I have way more energy. No excuse can outweigh the good things happening to me because I am FINALLY getting up off my lazy arse! Swannie

Edited by Swansong, 16 June 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#21 RandomLanda

RandomLanda

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 12,553 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Chocolate Dream GAL. Beowulf's Nubian Queen, Keeper of Hrunting

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

You all are so good to each other.

#22 Football Princess

Football Princess

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,807 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Swannie, I read that you workout late at night. That's my best time too, except once in a while I have a hard time falling asleep after that. Not always, but sometimes. Do you experience that too?

#23 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,491 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

Pam, sometimes if I go past 12:00 midnight, I have trouble getting to sleep, so I try not exercise past midnight. The great thing about exercising so late, is that it keeps me from eating late at night. I used to be a late night snacker, but not anymore! Unless I am going somewhere in the evening, most nights I put on my sweats right after supper, and then I'm ready! Believe it or not, there have been times when feeling tired, I did not put my sweats on, but put on my jammies instead.... and those are the nights I do NOT NT. So for me, putting on my sweats right away is a little trick I use to motivate myself. I have to find tricks to outsmart myself! Swannie

#24 damckelvey

damckelvey

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Geisha GAL

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

Hi, everybody! I really appreciate this great thread! I am in it for the long haul, I have a ton of weight to lose. I'm an emotional eater going through a divorce, 'nuff said! :tissues: I take martial arts and I've modified my diet, but have a really hard time sticking to the diet part! I love the martial arts, though and it makes me feel totally KICK arse!!! I take Korean sword fighting (Bun Kuk Gum Bup-kind of like samurai training). I have armour and everything. I also take Qi Gong which is gentle and more about moving the energy through the body than muscles, but once I started that, I noticed my body changing for the better (though not my weight changing). I feel ashamed at times because of the way I look and how my weight holds me back from my full range of motion and even throws my balance off at times, especially when doing faster combinations in sword. I don't know if I'll ever be thin again. All I know is I want to live a different life, full of activity, health and joy in life itself. Exercise and healthy eating contribute to that. Thanks for sharing your stories! :bow2:

#25 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:05 AM

I immediatly put on an VERRA old bathingsuit, take my mat and hit the livingroomfloor FIRST thing in the morning. Once there I go through it all and then eat breakfast with a smile! I know myself: if I put it off to "a bit later" it will NOT be done! After all only 20 minutes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users