Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Forbes girl : (29 August 2014 - 12:30 PM) Happy Birthday, Mel! :happybirthday:
@  becozy : (29 August 2014 - 06:51 AM) Posted Image
In album Nobu Sushi - Malibu - Aug. 28, 201
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) Hen House 8- Pinned to make it easier to 'find'! :thankyou: Deb for the suggestion!
@  BlueJean : (28 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday, Abrock!  :bday:
@  Lady Elissa : (28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM) :presents: Mel!
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) :bday: Abrock/Mel! Hope your day is Wonderful! :drink:
@  becozy : (27 August 2014 - 09:29 AM) Screencaps added to Gallery Chelsea Handler Finale - Aug. 26, 2014
@  Paisleyscot : (26 August 2014 - 10:22 PM) Chelsea Handler and Dozens of A-List Stars Sing Farewell on Chelsea Lately (VIDEO HERE)
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM) Also, his half or step brother. Is he his Dad's son or his step-father's son? I got to thinking about that and I had to assume that he was his Dad's son by the French-Canadian wife since he said he was 8 years younger than he was when he met him. Just wondering.]
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Does anyone know if there are any pictures of Gerry's dad? I've never seen one.
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Tks Sweetquebecer. I had forgotten.
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) You're welcome!!!! Sometimes it's easy to forget!!!!!
@  becozy : (26 August 2014 - 12:31 PM) :ty: sweetquebecer! http://www.eonline.c...os/embed/225265
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:13 PM) Don't forget "Chelsea Lately" tonight, for those who get it!!!!!
@  becozy : (26 August 2014 - 07:07 AM)  @Dean_Devlin 
Shooting starts for #Geostorm in six weeks!
8:54 AM - 26 Aug 2014
@  Lady Elissa : (25 August 2014 - 07:59 AM) Gerry Character Survivor, Week 9 is ready. See post # 257 for this week's deets. http://www.gerardbut...11#entry1521510
@  Texas gramma : (24 August 2014 - 07:15 AM) Prayers for Northern California GALS after earthquake. Please check in and let us know you're safe.
@  becozy : (22 August 2014 - 06:12 AM) Gerry called out for the ALS Icebucket Challenge
@  becozy : (22 August 2014 - 06:05 AM) I'll be away for family stuff today...so if anyone spots news, please post it in the Forum! :thankyou:
@  becozy : (21 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) Looks fine!  Embedded is okay ;) The music is 'right there on the tip of my brain' but can't help you out.

Photo

GALS Charitable Foundation Adds Another!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Em

Dr. Em

Owner & Site Administrator

• Admins
  • 253,275 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Empowerment GAL

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

GALS Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce the addition of the Marine Toys for Tots organization to our list of charities that we financially support!

How Toys for Tots Works

The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is directed by the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, with the assistance of his staff, from the Marine Forces Reserve Headquarters in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501© (3) not-for-profit public charity, is the authorized fund raising and support organization for the Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation provides the funding and support needed for successful annual toy collection and distribution campaigns. The foundation staff is located in an office suite aboard Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia, about 35 miles south of Washington, DC.

Local campaigns are conducted annually in over 500 communities covering all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The Commander, Marine Forces Reserve has under his command 280 Marine Reserve Units located at 184 Marine Reserve Centers and seven Marine Corps Bases/Air Stations covering 46 states. To cover all 50 states and more communities in each state, the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve authorizes the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to permit selected Marine Corps League Detachments and Local Community Organizations (generally veteran Marines) located in communities without a Marine Reserve Center, to conduct Toys for Tots campaigns as part of the overall U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.

One individual, either a Marine, member of a Marine Corps League Detachment, or member of a local community organization, is designated the Toys for Tots coordinator for that community. The coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing and conducting the campaign in his/her community.

Local toy collection campaigns begin in October and last until December 22. Toy distribution normally takes place on December 23 and 24. Members of the community drop new, unwrapped toys in collection boxes positioned in local businesses. Coordinators pick up these toys and store them in central warehouses where the toys are sorted by age and gender. At Christmas, coordinators, with the assistance of local social welfare agencies, church groups, and other local community agencies, distribute the toys to the needy children of the community. Over the years, Marines have established close working relationships with social welfare agencies, churches and other local community agencies which are well qualified to identify the needy children in the community and play important roles in the distribution of the toys.

While Toys for Tots coordinators organize, coordinate and manage the campaign, the ultimate success depends on the support of the local community and the generosity of the people who donate toys.

Local business leaders play key roles. They allow coordinators to locate drop-off/collection boxes in their stores; provide free warehouse space for storing and sorting toys during October, November and December; provide vehicles to collect toys from drop off sites; sponsor toy raising events; and help coordinators arrange media exposure for Toys for Tots in the local community.

National corporations support Toys for Tots by establishing affiliations with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. These corporations make donations to the Foundation or conduct cause marketing initiatives from which they share royalties with the Foundation. In almost every instance, the marketing initiatives of these corporations give significant added visibility and name recognition to Toys for Tots. Such visibility enhances the campaign at the national and local levels. The funds emanating from these affiliations enable the Foundation to purchase toys to supplement local collections; purchase promotion and support materials: and defray the costs of annual Toys for Tots campaigns.

Continuing in the vein of "we're all connected" through our support of Gerard Butler and his career, and "paying it forward" in appreciation for the love, support and friendships that have developed through our mutual interest in Gerry, we are so pleased to announce we will be supporting Bellawolfe in her efforts with the next adventure to raise funds for Toys for Tots with the implementation of Rover Pack 2008!!

:pointy: :pointy: :pointy:

:hugs:
Dayna

#2 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,808 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

Proud to be a GAL today for sure! :hugs: to you all!

#3 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,468 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

I supported Toys for Tots even before I got GALS. I'm thrilled they are being included in the GALS charities. It's a wonderful charity and well worth all the support possible. OooRah! Suzie

#4 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,878 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

This is an organization that no matter how poor we were, my mother always bought a toy for Toys for Tots (and we were pretty damn poor). Since she died, I have tried to keep that tradition going.

I am so very proud to be a GAL and know that we support Toys for Tots. I know Gerry would be proud of us as well!

Way to go, Dayna!

Lisa

#5 ladyfran

ladyfran

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,298 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: keeper of Gerrys Mr. Pinky Gal

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

We've always gotten involved with Toys for Tots and will most likely set up a homebase at the bar! It's good when you work with the public everyday cause you can get them to remember to give!!!! :kisswink: And yeah...I'm a pretty PROUD GAL myself! :wave: Fran

#6 Seumus O'Seaghdha

Seumus O'Seaghdha

Kilted PAL

• PALS Contributing Member
  • 252 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Brotherhood of the Kilt PAL, Brotherhood of the Moonroof PAL

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

Toys For Tots is, hand-down, THE best organization I've ever supported. I'm SO glad GALS supports them, too.

#7 zanyzombie

zanyzombie

Mad for Marek MOD

• Mods
  • 23,761 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's New Hampshire, Mad for Marek GAL

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

:bump:

#8 Gerry Duty

Gerry Duty

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Goldey Beacom GAL, 100 Monkeys GAL, Spencer Bell Legacy GAL, Lady Jeanette von Butler, Loyal Subject of the HRHC Sisterhood, Gerry's Country GAL, Gerry's Delaware GAL, Gerry's keeper of the BIG guns, Gerry's Blue Hen GAL, Gerry's official driver, Official Member of the GALS Siggy Piggy Club

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

Awesome that GALS is supporting Toys For Tots! Growing up that is how me and my brother got most of our gifts through charities like Toys for Tots! I am honored to be a GAL!!! I believe with all my heart to give back, I try to give back every year through charities like these. Sign me up to help out!!! Jeanette

#9 bermos

bermos

Erik's Angel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 824 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Healing Hug GAL

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

This is a great foundation and I look forward to helping put. Just let me know when and where we will begin to help these Marines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users