Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (30 October 2014 - 06:56 AM) Posted Image Gerry in Malibu Yesterday
@  becozy : (29 October 2014 - 07:27 AM) Gerry at the Lakers game last night with new g/f ... thread here
Posted Image
@  becozy : (28 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) Posted earlier: 10/28 - @GerardButler set to appear at Hollywood Film Awards Nov. 14th
@  becozy : (27 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Posted Image  Posted Image10/27 - GQ Character: Gerard Butler
@  may : (27 October 2014 - 05:28 PM) :presents: Happy Birthday Sebbied; I hope your day was fantastic!
@  BlueJean : (27 October 2014 - 06:29 AM) Thanks, Elissa........let the games begin!  :claphands:
@  Lady Elissa : (27 October 2014 - 06:16 AM) Week 18 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #220 for this week's instructions. http://www.gerardbut...=9#entry1522480
@  Jiko : (26 October 2014 - 11:10 PM) Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes :ty: :hugs: Jindra
@  becozy : (26 October 2014 - 09:24 PM) :party: Jiko!! All the best to you!
@  becozy : (26 October 2014 - 07:32 PM) Geostorm is filming around Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Monday, Oct. 27 Source
@  Paisleyscot : (26 October 2014 - 06:51 PM) I've made some HB Gerry Avis. If you'd like them help yourself!  Thread HERE
@  lugerry : (26 October 2014 - 12:38 PM) Happy Birthday, Jindra. Sending lots of best wishes your way!
@  Toriblair89 : (26 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Happy birthday Jindra!!! :presents: :dancegal:
@  BlueJean : (26 October 2014 - 06:01 AM) Happy Birthday, Jindra - Cheers! :presents:
@  Jiko : (25 October 2014 - 10:52 PM) Thank you Kathy :thankyou: :rose: :hugs: Jindra
@  Forbes girl : (25 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) Happy Birthday, Jindra "Jiko". :bday: :presents:
@  Toriblair89 : (25 October 2014 - 08:18 PM) Paisleyscot, yes it works! Thank you so much! I appreciate it! And I'll read through the "how to" as well.
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Dayna will be updating the Forum...if we go 'dark' or wonky for a bit, that will be the reason! :rose:
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 06:49 PM) Elissa, there is a glitch somewhere! I'll pass this on to Dayna. So Sorry for the problem!
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 04:12 PM) Make that "as a protected forum" Doesn't ask for a password, just says the access denied message and contact administrator.

Photo

7/26 - Stalked: Butler on Watchmen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

www.filmstalker.co.uk

Gerard Butler has been talking about his role for the Watchmen DVD, The Tales of the Black Freighter...

Meanwhile Gerard Butler has been talking, in what MTV call a thick Glasgow brogue - have they even been to Scotland before? His accent is thick, but head into Glasgow and you'll hear a few brogues, Butler is soft spoken in comparison! - well he's been talking about his role on the Watchmen DVD as the lead in the short film, Tales From the Black Freighter. The story comes from a comic book being read through the main story of the Watchmen comic which mirrors the journey of a few of the main characters and follows a sole survivor of a pirate attack on his ship by the ghost ship the Black Freighter. He's castaway and as he slowly loses his mind he fights to get home to his family.

Of the film he says:

"The script is one of the most perfect scripts Iíve ever read...One of the most beautifully written, interesting scripts... ...The story is such a powerful, genius witnessing of a descent into madness - being the person that itís happening to and have it happening in a normal way...He looks at it with a normal head so you can understand how it happens. In which case you can take yourself and the audience a long way."

Butler revealed that so far he's only completed one recording session for the film, so there's lot's to do yet. However the prospect of seeing that on the DVD is an exciting one. Imagine that, Watchmen on Blu-ray with The Tales of the Black Freighter starring Gerard Butler.

#2 Tap

Tap

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 4,453 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Leo's Sparta Queen & Gerry's Galway Girl

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

I can't wait until the dvd comes out!!! :yay:

#3 BaileyS

BaileyS

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Members
  • 6,928 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

I love the way he explains it!!

#4 may

may

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,037 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: 02bhis GAL

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

:unsure: But am I right in thinking that it will be more of an animated movie? I'd prefer it was real live acting to comic book...But I guess he knows what he wants and will trust his judgement...

#5 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,878 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

Great interview. Thanks again!

#6 MareksLadyD

MareksLadyD

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,766 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mistress of the Lair, Fill me up with Gerry Juice GAL, Marek's chest is my Pillow GAL, Whore-skateer

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

I believe it is animated, which is why he is only doing studio voice sessions. Taht is my understanding

#7 gerran

gerran

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

If this is animated, I guess we can concentrate only on Gerry's beautiful and amazing acting that comes through his voice. I love seeing Gerry's facial expressions and his eyes, but he acts perfectly with just his voice alone.

#8 celticgirl

celticgirl

Marek's Lady GAL

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Location:A place in my mind where only the strong dares to go and THE MAN is held close to my heart.
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's 3a.m. HAND CHECK Snog Bunny Gal

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

**The story is such a powerful, genius witnessing of a descent into madness ** If that wouldn't be the perfect Erik quote I don't know what could be. I love to hear him so excited about his roles. He puts himself right there in the thick of it.

#9 Jenny85

Jenny85

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Phantom's SeŮorita in Red, Gerry's Brown Eyed Gal.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

He seems so excited for this part, I can hardly wait! I am already a big fan of Watchmen so to have Gerry be a part of the project s really exciting for me!

#10 Ainaran

Ainaran

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Extremely Naughty Gal

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

I'm looking foward to this as well! Gerry is the total package as a performer, so I think his vocals will evoke the character's story wonderfully. I'm wondering what an animated Gerry will look like, though. (Suspect I'll like it!)

#11 raeb

raeb

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

Is it me? Or does it seem as if he's actually "losing" his wonderful Scottish accent? When I look back at early interviews he did on Leno it's SO thick you have to listen carefully to catch it all. But, at the Con this week, although it's still there...it's very slight in comparison.

#12 celticgirl

celticgirl

Marek's Lady GAL

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Location:A place in my mind where only the strong dares to go and THE MAN is held close to my heart.
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's 3a.m. HAND CHECK Snog Bunny Gal

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:15 AM

Is it me? Or does it seem as if he's actually "losing" his wonderful Scottish accent? When I look back at early interviews he did on Leno it's SO thick you have to listen carefully to catch it all. But, at the Con this week, although it's still there...it's very slight in comparison.

Sometimes I wonder if he does that so people can understand him at events like this. Hate to think that he is losing it. I have a feeling thatwhile at home it was as thick as ever.

#13 patsyb

patsyb

Leo's Leather Thong GAL

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
  • Location:The edge of the Peak District National Park in the Beautiful Staffordshire Moorlands, England, United Kingdom.
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

Sometimes I wonder if he does that so people can understand him at events like this. Hate to think that he is losing it. I have a feeling thatwhile at home it was as thick as ever.

I think you're most likely correct and that he moderates it somewhat so he can be more easily understood.

#14 MissElaine

MissElaine

Sam's Kissing GAL

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

:woohoo: Another to add to our collections of his work!!

#15 suse

suse

Creedy's Firey GAL

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

I wonder if Zack missed having Gerry at his side when doing the Watchmen panel at CC?Am quite sad that gerry is not in the actual movie I am wondering how many sessions that the Black Freighter will take..........I would imagine that its not as easy a job as it looks at firsthand.

Edited by suse, 02 August 2008 - 04:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users