Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 08:12 PM) Saw an ad on TV tonight - from C.J. Banks.   Men's  trousers  are definitely shorter.
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 04:22 PM) I bet it's the latest thing - the suit fits him to pairfection!    He would not wear it if it wasn't exactly as it should be.   I think it might be jealous guys too........
@  becozy : (29 September 2014 - 01:27 PM) :hmm: I think it's a modern-cut suit trend
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 01:06 PM) I have seen several twitters about Gerry's pants (in the Boss Commercial) being too short.    Is that true?   I would think that Boss - not to mention dapper Gerry would know!
@  Lady Elissa : (29 September 2014 - 08:51 AM) Week 14 of the Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #110. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1522035
@  becozy : (29 September 2014 - 08:20 AM) 9/29 - Send your Questions for Gerry to Hugo Boss for 10/2 interview Posted Image
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 06:16 AM) Thanks, zanyzombie.  
@  becozy : (28 September 2014 - 07:14 PM) 9/28 - Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As ‘Olympus Has Fallen’ Sequel Helmer
@  zanyzombie : (28 September 2014 - 07:01 PM) I just took a look BlueJean - yep that's her.
@  BlueJean : (28 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) In the Gallery - here: Gallery » Special Appearances » The Village Scandal Hats - the fourth pic.   Gerry and a woman.  Is it Madalina?   Can I ask that here?
@  Lady Elissa : (28 September 2014 - 10:11 AM) Voting for this week in the Survivor game ends tonight promptly at 8pm Pacific, 10 pm Central, 11pm Eastern. Don't forget to vote! See post 86 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...ic=46093&page=4
@  becozy : (27 September 2014 - 08:54 AM) Posted Image
@  Paisleyscot : (26 September 2014 - 11:46 PM) Gerry takes Pics with kids in exchange for some fruit!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Thread HERE
@  Paisleyscot : (26 September 2014 - 11:07 PM) Gerard Butler gets a tall glass of water for Geostorm.
Read article HERE
@  Forbes girl : (26 September 2014 - 09:43 PM) Don't hold your breath! Interesting how what I wrote went into two messages. LOL!
@  Forbes girl : (26 September 2014 - 09:42 PM) The last I read from Gerry himself "Geostorm" will start filing in November. But, don
@  GBPhanatic : (26 September 2014 - 02:13 PM) Hey guys! Does anyone know when G starts filming Geostorm? I've heard conflicting info, either Oct. or Nov. Just wondering. Thanks! :)
@  Paisleyscot : (25 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Gerry Paddle Boarding in Malibu today. Photos in Gallery HERE.
Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image  Discussion thread HERE
@  becozy : (25 September 2014 - 03:13 PM) Sandy...I really don't know that much about G's family (!! :bonk: !!) but in this 2013 interview he said: "My family is everything to me. I have a brother and sister, they’re both married, I have four nieces."
@  BlueJean : (25 September 2014 - 03:10 PM) shirsan - Have you tried googling Gerry biography, personal information, family, etc.?  

What are some of your favorite places to visit?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 GUESTgreyeyegoddess_*

GUESTgreyeyegoddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

Just realizing that this area of the forum was here. Since we're a world wide group, and one of my favorite things is to travel, I'm going to start two topics. For this one topic, if you've been any where outside your town, tell us about the place or places, you've visited. Posting pictures is always nice. You're welcome to post about more than one place, even if it's in your own state or country. So, let's hear it! What's so great about the places you've been to? (I'll post some of my travels later on) ~alice :music:

#2 annabanana

annabanana

Gerracula's Bad GAL

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

I really love London-every time I go there is exciting. In fact all of Britain is wonderful. No place I've ever been is so unique. I love the people, the architecture, the history-it's all awesome. I'm also in love with Sweden and Norway. The scenery is so beautiful and it feels like home. The fjords in Norway are breathtaking. Both countries are so lovely and peaceful. I was very impressed with how helpful and kind the people are as well. I have to admit that the only place I didn't like was my first time in Paris some years ago. I have been back recently and this time was wonderful. It may be the most beautiful city ever and now the people there are mostly very pleasant too. And the food is fantastic!!

#3 Avivid Mind

Avivid Mind

Frank's Sporty GAL

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

I've traveled half the United States so far and up into Canada. We are determined to visit each state.

#4 Cassie

Cassie

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 4,567 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's hot cup of creamy hazelnut

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

As stated in the previous thread, I've been to England twice and Paris once. Here are a few pics from Paris...

Posted Image Louvre. I chose this one because the Louvre is absolutely GORGEOUS yet someone(s) decided that graffiti would brighten up the place. Idiots!

Posted Image Arc de Triomphe

Posted Image The artist Seurat final resting place in pere lachaise cemetery. This is where I encountered his ghost. He blew smoke right in my hubby's face. It was so bloody cool.... No one was around and the overwhelming stench of smoke came about and blew into his face. I turned in a circle twice taking pics but no orbs. too dang cool...

Posted Image Marie Antoinette's bed in Versailles

Posted Image Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. I forgot how short my hair was. OMG!

Posted Image Eiffel Tower

Posted Image Mona Lisa

Cassie

Edited by Cassie, 13 November 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#5 lfcJen

lfcJen

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

I absolutely adore Scotland. I have always had a thing for Scotland and England since I was small, no idea how or why it started but when I finally got to go it did not disappoint. I also love London. There is no other place like it, I never get tired of it.

#6 Beejay

Beejay

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Je Suis Prest (I Am Ready) GAL, SasseNachy Siggy Piggy, Grand Mother Clucker

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

I have been to Paris twice and absolutely love the city. So much history and beautiful old buildings. We spent a lot of time walking all over the city, strolling through the cemeteries and galleries. Did all the usual touristy things and also took a train to the countryside and visited some chateaus, a horse museum, Versailles. Cassie's pictures reminded me how much I love it! Been to Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, Hawaii, 17-day European trip visiting several countries (Holland, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France and England), rode a hovercraft across the English Channel (awesome) and been all over the USA from Washington DC to Florida to San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, St. Louis and many points between the east and west coasts. Can you tell I love to travel? I'm just waiting for my next adventure. beejay

Edited by Beejay, 20 November 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#7 nance

nance

Charles' Camel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,427 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: nancygarden

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

la jolla california.....something about that beach thats so wonderful...i go every spring and the north shore of lake superior in minnesota... it is absolutley incredible... alaska, anywhere in alaska, it is everything you expect it to be... beautiful, vast, the most incredible blue rivers and lakes..wildlife, mountains, oceans...and the whales..!!! my own 42 acres of wildnerness, pure woodland, in northern minnesota..to walk my own land, is an amazing feeling...!!!

Edited by nance, 20 November 2008 - 10:50 PM.

#8 Wadi-Al-lubb

Wadi-Al-lubb

OneTwo's Gangsta GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,001 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Jackie Jr.'s Scorpion Tattoo: King Leo's flip flop girl: Guard of the Wolf Fang: Sparta's Molon Lave Girl

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Sourthern Italy in the Basilicata {heart of Italy} I lived there for awhile as a baby and own my dads childhood home there. It's breathtaking Ill add some photos when I get a chance Traveled to Canada and a short stop in Paris and some states here on the Eastern Coast thats about it

#9 ReggieNY11

ReggieNY11

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Pumping On Set GAL, Gerry's Scruff Gone Wild GAL

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

When I was 14 I went on a cross country (NY to CA) teen tour of the US. We went to about 12 states including MI, OH, OK, TX, CA, NV, AZ, CO, WY, KS, UT, and Canada & Mexico. It was quite a blast, esp. since there were 10 girls and 25 boys on the tour! I've also been to MA, PA, VT, CT, IA, ME, MD, FL, GA I would love, love, love to visit Hawaii. Internationally I've been to Aruba, Nassau, St. Bart's. St. Maarten, Israel, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Monte Carlo, and England.

Edited by ReggieNY11, 24 November 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#10 Paisleyscot

Paisleyscot

Graphic Mod

• Mods
  • 7,360 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Galway Girl ~ Official Siggy Piggy ~ Paisley's Piggy

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

I just saw this topic! Thought I'd ad to it. I grew up in Southern California and now live in Oregon. I spent my first semester of college based in London. Richmond college to be exact. When there I travel throughout Europe for about six weeks. Loooooved it! Can't wait to go back. I've gone to Hawaii several times, and the carribean. I've travel the western states and across country to New York twice. Growing up my family did the National park thing every summer. They liked to camp. My husband is a software engineer and has travel often for his job. His last big trip was to Singapore. In Febuary he will be spending some time in southern California for work. I hope to join him for a time, maybe get a Gerry sighting if I'm lucky. Though he'll probably be filming LAC in Philly. Poo!! Those are travel experiences what about you? Cheryl

#11 sav8821

sav8821

Gerracula's Bad GAL

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

I would have to say Hong Kong for favorite city. It is simply amazing in everyway and I've really gotten to know it well having traveled there for work or over 10 years now. I also love Italy - Milan and Rome. Germany was also incredible - the archeticture is breathtaking and the cobblestone streets are quaint! But nothing is as beautiful as coming home to New England! New England is simply the most beautiful place on the Earth :)

#12 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,485 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

I had the fun of being raised as an Air Force Brat. We did our share of globe trotting, lived in London for three years, Alaska for three years, Cape Cod for four years, drove the AlCan highway, tourned Canada visited MANY places in the US in between. When I was 10, I spent two weeks in Scotland and swore then I was going back. I'm finally doing that next August. However, the one place I have visited again and again is Carmel By The Sea in California. It has to be one of the most charming places on the planet, with a beach that is stunning. Even the places I visited while cruising couldn't compare with Carmel. I adore it, and you must visit...take your wallet! Suzie

#13 Sapphyre

Sapphyre

Leo's Leather Thong GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,493 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's One & Only Faerie GAL

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

I got taken to Memphis, TN for my birthday. Sure it's touristy but I've always wanted to see Graceland/The Zoo/The Peabody and of course Hard Rock Cafe. Louisville, KY/Birmingham, AL/Atlanta, GA - great places to hit up concerts Destin, FL is very, very pretty. I love the white sands and clear water I missed Plantersville, TX which is where I used to attend the TX Renaissance Festival (visited once since I moved back in 2005) I've been to NY which I don't remember all of it since I can't find my photo album but I did that when I was in 9th grade Gatlinburg, TN is BEAUTIFUL! I loved the mountains since I had never seen them before and the National Park is great for photo shoots And went to Paris, France when I was either in 7th or 8th grade Also LOVED Maui when I was getting ready to go into 10th grade. Years and years ago except Memphis, concerts, and Destin I did when I graduated college in 2002 Any photos would have to be scanned because I don't have anything available.

#14 Sally66

Sally66

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Location:Echuca (aboriginal meaning: the meeting of the water) Australia.
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Aussie Girl Sal

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Before children came into my life, I worked 2 jobs and saved every cent I could and was able to travel to many parts of world. Hmmm, favourite place! I dont know as I had so many wonderful experiences but I suppose my favourites list would be: I loved Italy with the cities of old, full of history and culture, especially Florence. Niagara Falls & Niagara on the Lake Broome (WA Australia) Monkey Mia (WA Australia) where I was able to swim with a mother dolphin and her young one. Just magical. Shell beach near Monkey Mia. There is no sand just tiny white shells for afar as the eye can see. The great ocean coastal drive, the scenery changes with every bend of the road. Great Barrier Reef Islands (Queensland) New York City Disneyland - I felt like a kid again! Whistler, Vancouver, Ottawa to name a few there. New Zealand is a interesting and compact country to visit. I am sure I have missed one or two....

#15 nyjoanie

nyjoanie

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 588 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: nyjoanie

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

I won a 7 day trip to Italy - Rome and Florence - from Progresso soups at Easter time - 1 month after my divorce. Fantastic!

#16 Annissa

Annissa

Sam's Kissing GAL

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

Oh Travel! My 2nd favorite thing in the world (second only to music!!). I live for road trips! They are the only reason I work. I was fortunate enough to have parents who took family trips every year. We traveled everywhere by car (perhaps that why I tend to like flying these days!!!) Through the course of those travels (and a few of my own post adolescent trips) I am proud to say I have visited 43 of the 50 United States. (Physically visited - not just flown over!!!) I wish I had paid closer attention on some of the family trips and really appreciated where I was and what I was seeing. My favorites would have to include:

Hawaii - traveled to the big island of Hawaii in 2205 for a friend's wedding. The sunsets were absolutely breathtaking. I figured out I'm a Pacific Ocean girl on that trip! Surfed, snorkeled, and hula danced - what a fabulous time.

Boston - my #1 favorite city in the world!!! I have been back three different times. I love the charm, history and people of Boston. If I had enough money I would move there.

Montreal - went to see the final game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Habs in the Forum. It was a wonderful place to visit. Course, the highlight was finding out we were staying in the same hotel as the team!!! Woohooo! Hellooooo Chris Chelios!!! Hee hee!

I'll have to look and see if I have any pics scanned.

#17 blueangel

blueangel

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

Ooooh I love to travel as well :) Been to different places in France, Netherlands, Germany, the Uk and Ireland. In december I will be going to Paris once more, maybe Londen as well and next year I will definitely be going to Scotland. I'm also thinking of going to Portugal next year, I have some friends there, and the Us is high on my list as well. I've always dreamed of seeing the world, ever since I was a kid, but I had to put away those dreams because of health issues. It's since this past summer when visiting Ireland, that I realised that it's really missing in my life. I now decided to live my life instead of my life living me and to do the things and visit places I so desperately want to see. So since august my mind has been very busy thinking about my next trip and although I was planning to go to Scotland this year, I'm going to wait until next year because it's possible that a friend of mine is going to study at the university of glasgow, yes, she's very lucky ^^ But travelling has become once more a passion of mine and this time I will not put the dream away :)

#18 Celtiberic Queen

Celtiberic Queen

Gerracula's Bad GAL

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: GBs2ndBBG (Gerard Butlers 2nd BareBum GALS), Gerry's all night long GAL

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

Ooooh I love to travel as well :)
Been to different places in France, Netherlands, Germany, the Uk and Ireland.
In december I will be going to Paris once more, maybe Londen as well and next year I will definitely be going to Scotland.
I'm also thinking of going to Portugal next year, I have some friends there, and the Us is high on my list as well.
I've always dreamed of seeing the world, ever since I was a kid, but I had to put away those dreams because of health issues.
It's since this past summer when visiting Ireland, that I realised that it's really missing in my life.
I now decided to live my life instead of my life living me and to do the things and visit places I so desperately want to see.
So since august my mind has been very busy thinking about my next trip and although I was planning to go to Scotland this year, I'm going to wait until next year because it's possible that a friend of mine is going to study at the university of glasgow, yes, she's very lucky ^^
But travelling has become once more a passion of mine and this time I will not put the dream away :)

Hey, when you come to Portugal consider passing by my hometown Porto :-) It was voted recently as one of the sexiest destination in Europe... but personaly I think it's because I was born there :cunning:

#19 Dutchie

Dutchie

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

ohhhh there are lots of places I love to visit. I loved New York when I was there a few years ago but I have to say most of my travels are within Europe. Some of my fave places are Cardiff, Dublin, Barcelona, Cyprus (especially Ayia Napa), Paris, London, Antwerp and close to home: Amsterdam! I was supposed to go to Glasgow earlier this year (to see an Il Divo concert) but couldn't make it afterall. Such a shame because I was looking forward to visit Glasgow! Oh well... hopefully sooooon.

#20 Skatingfan03

Skatingfan03

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

As a teenager I travelled with my parents and my favourite trips from those days were the ones to France and Spain. As an adult my favourites have been Great Britain (incl. three coach tours: Cornwall, Scotland and Wales), Cuba and Egypt.

Edited by Skatingfan03, 31 October 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#21 Donnie

Donnie

Marek's Lady GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 549 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

I would not call myself "a big traveller", but, if time and money allows, I like to go and see other places, cultures... I think that here, in Europe, we are lucky not to have to travel too far to be "abroad", in a different country with different language and culture.

Which countries I have visited so far (if I start from my early childhood): Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia (I just love St. Petersbourg), Poland, Germany, Italy (Rome and Venezia are deffinitely worth seeing), France (Paris, Provence, Bretagne and Normandy - each part is special!), Spain (Andalusia and Catalania - well, just some places over there, but I was taken away by Barcelona, Granada, Sevilla and Cordoba), Greece (Thessaloniki, Meteora, Vergina), Belgium (Brussels, Leuven)... Further west - in UK, I have been to London for several times, I visited Wales, some other cities in England - I like the whole atmosphere of old England!!! I spent just two days (separately) in Scotland (one-day trip to Edinburg, but it was before I got GALS, and 24 stay in Glasgow this summer, when I managed to see the campus of University of Glasgow, stayed briefly in Paisley, Greenock...).

I have been to the USA for one year, but it is more than 16 years ago. I must agree about Carmel in California, it is really very beautiful place (and all the area around), I also liked very much San Francisco, Sacramento, New York, Florida, and Washington D.C. where I spent the whole semester.

I hope I will go and see many other places!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

#22 GUESTKyriem_*

GUESTKyriem_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:09 AM

I'm definitely a globetrotter, I get excited even at the view of a plane flying...

I've been in many places, Spain, France, Austria, Germany, Venezuela, mostly because I studied languages when I was a teen.
I lived in Paris and Miami, and I'm leaving in 20 days, I'm going to New Zealand for a while.

I'd like to see...too many places!! Russia, India, Egypt, Mexico, Canada, Brasil... well, the list is endless!!
I just hope to be healthy as long as possible so that I'll be able to see more places on this beautiful planet!!

Edited by Kyriem, 01 November 2009 - 04:16 AM.

#23 DNice09

DNice09

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Wow! There are a lot of travelers out there! I've been blessed to have gone to more than a few places in my adult years! England, Ireland, Germany, Sicily, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungray, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, China, Cyprus (Larnaca and Nicosea are great), Kuwait, Hawaii (Honolulu and Maui), St.Maarten, St.Thomas, Jamaica, Mexico. I've also spent some time in Canada, and visited cities all over the US (love Vegas and NYC, LOL). Oh yeah, and I've been to Diego Garcia (that was a really quick trip...but it was cool to cross the equator and fly 2000 miles out into the Indian Ocean), Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic. I'm not a military brat, and I've never joined the armed forces. I love traveling, LOVE.IT. My next step is living abroad. I'm very interested in that! It's just a matter of the right opportunity. D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users