Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Lady Elissa : (01 September 2014 - 12:41 PM) Had to open thread #2 for the Character Game. We're now here: http://www.gerardbut...showtopic=46093
@  Lady Elissa : (01 September 2014 - 06:39 AM) Week 10 of the Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post #288 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...12#entry1521629
@  BlueJean : (31 August 2014 - 12:10 PM) Shirsan - I'm glad you asked that - because I didn't know, either.   Yay!   That's called "Gals helping Gals".
@  Texas gramma : (30 August 2014 - 04:15 PM) Shirsan, click on the "Smilies" on the second line of the Shoutbox selections.
@  shirsan : (30 August 2014 - 03:42 PM) How do you get to the "Happy Birthday" little icons on Shout?\
@  shirsan : (30 August 2014 - 03:41 PM) Happy, Happy Birthday.
@  Forbes girl : (29 August 2014 - 12:30 PM) Happy Birthday, Mel! :happybirthday:
@  becozy : (29 August 2014 - 06:51 AM) Posted Image
In album Nobu Sushi - Malibu - Aug. 28, 201
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) Hen House 8- Pinned to make it easier to 'find'! :thankyou: Deb for the suggestion!
@  BlueJean : (28 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday, Abrock!  :bday:
@  Lady Elissa : (28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM) :presents: Mel!
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) :bday: Abrock/Mel! Hope your day is Wonderful! :drink:
@  becozy : (27 August 2014 - 09:29 AM) Screencaps added to Gallery Chelsea Handler Finale - Aug. 26, 2014
@  Paisleyscot : (26 August 2014 - 10:22 PM) Chelsea Handler and Dozens of A-List Stars Sing Farewell on Chelsea Lately (VIDEO HERE)
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM) Also, his half or step brother. Is he his Dad's son or his step-father's son? I got to thinking about that and I had to assume that he was his Dad's son by the French-Canadian wife since he said he was 8 years younger than he was when he met him. Just wondering.]
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Does anyone know if there are any pictures of Gerry's dad? I've never seen one.
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Tks Sweetquebecer. I had forgotten.
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) You're welcome!!!! Sometimes it's easy to forget!!!!!
@  becozy : (26 August 2014 - 12:31 PM) :ty: sweetquebecer! http://www.eonline.c...os/embed/225265
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:13 PM) Don't forget "Chelsea Lately" tonight, for those who get it!!!!!

Photo

What IS Vegas? What EXACTLY do you DO?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#26 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,472 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

To Beth and Laurel. Every one of us is different and we have issues too. The beautiful thing about GALS and our fandom is that we are NEVER alone! Beth, I don't drink either (OK, maybe a Bailey's Irish Cream once a year) but at Convention, no one teases me about drinking iced tea or a Sprite. Nor for taking medicine for a condition which you didn't ask for. THEY ACCEPT YOU AS YOU ARE! Laurel, some people tell us we are silly for feeling as we do about Gerry. But WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT SILLY? We're having fun and darnit - we deserve it!! And the gorgeous thing is that we're having fun for a good cause. Here I am in my mid 60s and while in Vegas I carry around a 12" action figure who looks like Gerry....but it's for FUN and we raise money for Toys for Tots. In Vegas we buy raffle tickets and take part in auctions and every penny goes to the Shade Tree Shelter and the wonderful work they do there for battered and threatened women, their children and their pets! No one would call us silly if they saw the work we do for those in need....and for the support we give each other. As you will hear many times - Gerry brought us together, but the GALS we meet on line and in person are what keep us here. I urge you to put fear aside and come to Vegas when you can. And if you can't come in person, many of our activities are transmitted to your home by way of the awesome virtual convention conducted by some of our very talented Admins and MODS. Please take heart - and take PART! Any way you can! Really tight hugs to both of you, Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma, 28 January 2010 - 11:57 AM.

#27 TheBlonde

TheBlonde

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 9,871 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Stranger's Blond Bombshell,Champion SkimmerGAL

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Well said Suzie! Can't wait to see you! Laurel, get a Vegas '11 penny jar. You won't regret it. I missed the first year and saved for the next. Best investment in ME I'd ever made.

#28 Laurel

Laurel

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 13 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: lorisangel

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

I definitely have started making plans for 2011...I've started saving as we speak...that's what I meant by 'it will be my 2010 goal...I've figured about how much I will need for the trip and accomodations when I get there, and about what I would need for raffles and extras (because I know I will want to buy things)...I'm dividing all that up by 12 months and that amount will go into a separate part of my bank account and is being treated as a BILL that HAS to be paid faithfully each month. Treating it that way, the money comes out of the first of the month with the regular bills and not left to the chance or hope that I have enough left to put some aside for the trip. Anyway, I'm pretty confident I will be there in Vegas in 2011. and yes Susie, I agree with you...there is nothing bad about being silly...and frankly, I'm proud of my FAN-atic feelings about Gerard James Butler. You know...a couple of years ago I almost died...was rushed to the hospital with pnuemonia...and have COPD really bad. I am a diabetic. since the hospital I quit smoking...and one of my medications is (was) prednizone...which caused me to gain over 60 pounds. my breathing was so bad that I couldn't even walk to another room and I began to age quickly to where I looked older than my older sister who is 65. I continued to gain weight, stopped caring what I looked like, never left my apartment...kept it dark and spent most of the time sleeping. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I'm not after any sympathy...because thanks to Gerard Butler (without ever meeting him) and not needing to know him , I am no longer like that...watching his films...starting with "the Jury" (I'm not a drinker, so it wasn't that) but something in Gerry's portrayal of Johnny that was like being in a deep pit and he threw down a rope and helped pull me up...and as I continued to watch his other wonderful movies, each one releasing an emotion that had gotten lodged deep inside me years ago...that I am slowly, but surely coming back to the one I used to be...and now I'm starting to feel amazing...because he is amazing...and well....if loving Gerry is silly...then silly I'll be. Wow...I apologize...I didn't realize how long I made this. So, I'll go, but before I do...can you tell me more about being able to participate a little in the convention via the internet or however it is.? back at ya with the hugs, I love hugging Laurel

#29 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,752 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

:wave: Laurel! I'm going to send you a PM with info on the Virtual Con :D Best, Barb

#30 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,611 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Laurel,

Here's a link to our Virtual Con from 2009! Just click on the link and you'll see some of the threads that we had going. Our wonderful admin Barb (becozy) did a fabulous keeping it fun for all of those that weren't able to attend. And I see, just as I'm posting this, that she is sending you some info on it!

My first experience with the convention was back in 2006. When I stepped off the plane in Vegas, I was so tempted to turn right around and get back on a return flight. I couldn't believe I was heading off to spend a few days with women that I'd never met. It was completely out of character for me. But I took a deep breath, grabbed a shuttle bus and headed to the hotel. After a few minutes of panic when I realized I barely knew anybody's name and couldn't figure out where anyone was or how to find them, I picked up the phone and called the only person whose name I could find at the moment. It was our darling Aussie, Cat. (Terrys Witch) Long story short, she directed me out to the pool where Football Princess (Pam) was sunning herself. One big ol' hug later, I knew I'd made the right choice. From that point on, I continued to meet up with folks that up until that point, had only been a screenname. The squeals and hugs continued throughout the whole weekend. I think I talked myself hoarse! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard nor had so much fun in my entire life. It was the first time in ages that I was just "Jill." I could just be "me" and didn't have to be worried about another person. I sure didn't have to explain my "obsession" with Gerry Butler!

I learned that weekend that all I had to do was walk up to someone and introduce myself. That was all it took. Wherever I went, it didn't matter if I had plans with someone or not. If you saw a group of women sitting around laughing, chances were pretty good it was some GALS and they were more than happy to scooch over and pull up another chair. And that was just during the non-convention time. During the planned events, it was the same way. From the siggie workshop that nearly resulted in Spot and I getting sent to the back of the class (sorry, Bethy :kisswink: ) to the fabulous dinners, it was a blast from start to finish. The only warning I would give you is to prepare yourself for what has come to be known as the Post-Vegas Blues. :lol: I was a bit of an emotional wreck for a few days after getting home, but that was only because it had been so much fun and I wasn't quite ready to let go. The only cure for them, btw, is to sign up to go the following year. :rotflmao:

As I was leaving the hotel to head for home, a gentleman in the elevator noticed my convention t-shirt and asked me what it was all about since it sounded like we were having so much fun. He even wondered if it was a reunion of old friends. I gave him a brief synoposis and he chuckled saying that he had enjoyed hearing all the laughter. He couldn't really believe that we had all just met but he enjoyed hearing folks having so much fun. That conversataion warmed my heart all the way home. :wuv:

:vegasbaby:

#31 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,808 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

Since we're getting some "what do you do?" questions, I thought I'd give this one a :bump1: :)

#32 mumbleram

mumbleram

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 274 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's LOTR GAL

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

My Fiance and I are thinking about going this year, however we are a bit hesitant. He's not sure we should spend that kind of money and Gerry wont even be there. I told him it's about going to VEGAS and meeting new friends! Is there still time to register?

#33 GerrysGalwayGirl

GerrysGalwayGirl

Marek's Lady GAL

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Beowulf's Irish Oklahoman Gal

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm not a moderator, but I think people can register until sometime in May. My sister and I have our $100 deposits in. Hope you decide to go! I'm sure it will be fun regardless if G-man shows up or not. (think I should take my blood pressure cuff in case he does?)

#34 Paisleyscot

Paisleyscot

Graphic Mod

• Mods
  • 7,348 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Galway Girl ~ Official Siggy Piggy ~ Paisley's Piggy

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

My Fiance and I are thinking about going this year, however we are a bit hesitant. He's not sure we should spend that kind of money and Gerry wont even be there. I told him it's about going to VEGAS and meeting new friends! Is there still time to register?

Plenty of time to register!

We'd love to have the two of you come! It's loads of fun! So many people to meet and put faces to.
Las Vegas in it's self is a great place to visit. Along with the convention it makes double the fun!

Here's a link to the Registration Page.

If you're on the fence, don't be! You won't regret a minute of it!

Cheryl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users