Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (22 August 2014 - 06:12 AM) Gerry called out for the ALS Icebucket Challenge
@  becozy : (22 August 2014 - 06:05 AM) I'll be away for family stuff today...so if anyone spots news, please post it in the Forum! :thankyou:
@  becozy : (21 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) Looks fine!  Embedded is okay ;) The music is 'right there on the tip of my brain' but can't help you out.
@  BlueJean : (21 August 2014 - 01:20 PM) becozy - are you here?   Would you pls check in GALS and see if my post there is legit?     I wanted to just post the link to the video.
@  becozy : (21 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) UK GALS: Buy a bottle and enter to win tix to Meet Gerry for Hugo Boss Bottled
@  BlueJean : (20 August 2014 - 03:09 PM) Thanks for all the pics and news......love comin' to Gals!   :D
@  becozy : (20 August 2014 - 11:47 AM) Also, check for newly added photos ;)
@  becozy : (20 August 2014 - 11:45 AM) Rush’ Star Alexandra Maria Lara Joins Gerard Butler in ‘Geostorm’ (Exclusive)

Dean Devlin: "the synopsis floating around about #‎Geostorm is totally inaccurate"

Int’l Box Office: ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Flies To Top To Become All-Time Animated Opener in China

8/18 - 'OHF' Sequel Has a Director: Fredrik Bond
@  becozy : (18 August 2014 - 11:45 AM) Posted ImagePosted Image8/17 Social Media pics
@  Lady Elissa : (18 August 2014 - 06:59 AM) Week 8 of the Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #231 for the list of remaining characters to cast your vote for the week. http://www.gerardbut...10#entry1521430
@  Lady Elissa : (17 August 2014 - 05:41 PM) Bonnie too! Thank you!
@  Lady Elissa : (17 August 2014 - 05:40 PM) :thankyou: Barb, Zany, & Kathy!
@  Forbes girl : (17 August 2014 - 02:34 PM) Happy Birthday, Elissa! :happybirthday: :party:
@  BlueJean : (17 August 2014 - 12:56 PM) P.S.  :presents:
@  BlueJean : (17 August 2014 - 12:55 PM) Happy Birthday to you.......Happy Birthday to you.......Happy Birthday, Dear Elissa.......Happy Birthday to you!
@  zanyzombie : (17 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISSA! <3
:bday:
@  becozy : (17 August 2014 - 09:09 AM) Gerry out and about yesterday.Posted Image  There is :cleavage:  but he closed his shirt's bottom button, so the gentle breeze couldn't coax a pie  :sad:   Thread here
@  becozy : (17 August 2014 - 08:44 AM) Happy Birthday Lady Elissa!!
@  Lady Elissa : (17 August 2014 - 07:37 AM) Thanks, Suzie! :)
@  Texas gramma : (17 August 2014 - 07:19 AM) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lady Elissa. Hope all your birthday wishes come true.

Photo

How About a New Contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have an idea for a fun contest that could be run here at GALS with prizes for the top winners, maybe even become a regular yearly event. How the contest might work is that members can nominate who they feel, of all the GALS and PALS that post here, are their idea of the biggest "gushers" where our Gerry is concerned. Of course, we are all devoted fans and have our one personal way of showing our love but some of us just aren't afraid to "show it" more then others and I think they should be recognized! After members nominate their favorites up to a cutoff point by secret pm, a list of those nominees names could be provided in a thread/poll for the GALS/PALS to vote on. Of course the winners are determined by a tally of the votes. No one can nominate themselves and only one nominee and vote per person allowed. There could possibly be two or more runners up as well that get prizes. The usual prizes could be awarded such as pictures, DVDs, posters, keychains, etc, whatever, but perhaps a "trophy" could be awarded to the winner with the most votes. It could be called the "Old Faithful" award for 2010, or whatever and the winner could be announced, maybe at the Vegas Con where they will be presented with their own trophy inscribed with their name, date, etc. The prize for the first place winner could possibly be a paid registration to the Vegas con to be presented with their award and then perhaps also might be subjected to being roasted, just for fun. The reason I suggested the "Old Faithful" name is because of the double meaning relating to the famous "gusher" in Yellow Stone Park and the obvious other reason. I just thought it seemed like a fun little reward to acknowlege those who are ever faithful fans of Gerry and might provide incentive for others to get out there and gush a bit more in the future! Just a thought. Delene

#2 framolamdu

framolamdu

Galavanting GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 3,368 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Divit Girl

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I think not Delene but feel free to send a video, keychain etc to whoever you think is biggest gusher :lmao: Moira

#3 Dr. Em

Dr. Em

Owner & Site Administrator

• Admins
  • 253,275 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Empowerment GAL

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thank you Delene for your suggestion, but we won't be implementing any sort of contest trying to find "Gerry's Biggest Fan," as we don't think its necessary for any one to prove they are a great fan of Gerry's.

Each fan supports Gerry in their own personal way and to have a contest to make this determination would be disingenuous and could potentially create an environment we don't want to foster on the site..

I am closing the thread to further discussion. Any comments can be directed to us via PM's or emails.

~ D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users