Icon Announcements!

Posted Image

Posted ImageGerry's OFFICIAL Posted Image Find GALS at Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - YouTube - MySpace - Statigram & Instagram & Webstagram

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (24 April 2014 - 02:22 PM) The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2: featuring more than 300 concept sketches and an introduction by Gerard Butler!
@  sweetquebecer : (24 April 2014 - 10:40 AM) I love Stoick poster!!!!! It's so beautiful!!!!!
@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM) Added Stoick Character Poster Posted Image
@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 12:28 PM) :seeyou: Posted Image Gerry rockin' some Lavishly Hip Chan Luu accessories
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 08:03 PM) 4/21 - Gerry at strictlyballroomthemusical
Posted Image Posted Image
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:35 PM) First 5 minutes of HTTYD2!video emeded in post
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:15 PM) Social Media Pics roundup from Weekend
@  sofietje : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 AM) Happy Easter everyone
@  zanyzombie : (20 April 2014 - 09:39 AM) Happy Easter!!
@  may : (20 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) :cheer: Happy Easter to all the Gals..
@  Paisleyscot : (19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM) Happy Easter to All!    Posted Image
@  shirsan : (19 April 2014 - 09:00 PM) HAPPY EASTER everyone.
@  Forbes girl : (19 April 2014 - 04:45 PM) Happy Easter to everyone! Remember the reason for the day!
@  BlueJean : (19 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) Wishing all of you a very blessed and happy Easter......with lotsa' hugs.
@  becozy : (18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM) BlueJean ;)
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:09 PM) I like that one too!!!!The story, all the cast, Gerard is so good, great, incredibly handsome!!!!
@  may : (18 April 2014 - 12:06 PM) just saw "Playing for Keeps" on TV and it was great!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:03 PM) Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter to all and Gerard!!! Enjoy your inner "Easter Bunny"!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:02 PM) Hello! Ah, I love that movie so much!!!!! I've seen it many times, read the book, bought the DVD!!!!Gerard is so great in it!!!! I cry a "river" each time!!!!
@  BlueJean : (18 April 2014 - 10:49 AM) Barb - should I have said......."more, Gerry........more!"  instead of "more of Gerry"? Posted Image

Photo

How About a New Contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,208 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have an idea for a fun contest that could be run here at GALS with prizes for the top winners, maybe even become a regular yearly event. How the contest might work is that members can nominate who they feel, of all the GALS and PALS that post here, are their idea of the biggest "gushers" where our Gerry is concerned. Of course, we are all devoted fans and have our one personal way of showing our love but some of us just aren't afraid to "show it" more then others and I think they should be recognized! After members nominate their favorites up to a cutoff point by secret pm, a list of those nominees names could be provided in a thread/poll for the GALS/PALS to vote on. Of course the winners are determined by a tally of the votes. No one can nominate themselves and only one nominee and vote per person allowed. There could possibly be two or more runners up as well that get prizes. The usual prizes could be awarded such as pictures, DVDs, posters, keychains, etc, whatever, but perhaps a "trophy" could be awarded to the winner with the most votes. It could be called the "Old Faithful" award for 2010, or whatever and the winner could be announced, maybe at the Vegas Con where they will be presented with their own trophy inscribed with their name, date, etc. The prize for the first place winner could possibly be a paid registration to the Vegas con to be presented with their award and then perhaps also might be subjected to being roasted, just for fun. The reason I suggested the "Old Faithful" name is because of the double meaning relating to the famous "gusher" in Yellow Stone Park and the obvious other reason. I just thought it seemed like a fun little reward to acknowlege those who are ever faithful fans of Gerry and might provide incentive for others to get out there and gush a bit more in the future! Just a thought. Delene

#2 framolamdu

framolamdu

Galavanting GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 3,367 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Divit Girl

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I think not Delene but feel free to send a video, keychain etc to whoever you think is biggest gusher :lmao: Moira

#3 Dr. Em

Dr. Em

Owner & Site Administrator

• Admins
  • 253,275 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Empowerment GAL

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thank you Delene for your suggestion, but we won't be implementing any sort of contest trying to find "Gerry's Biggest Fan," as we don't think its necessary for any one to prove they are a great fan of Gerry's.

Each fan supports Gerry in their own personal way and to have a contest to make this determination would be disingenuous and could potentially create an environment we don't want to foster on the site..

I am closing the thread to further discussion. Any comments can be directed to us via PM's or emails.

~ D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users