Icon Announcements!

TeamGerry raised over $1k for Mary's Meals! Details here

Posted Image

:seasonsgreet: 11/28/14 - Holiday Forum is open! :caroling:

To leave a Christmas greeting for Gerry head straight to the ever popular Holiday Messages to Gerry

Posted ImageGerry's OFFICIAL Posted Image Find GALS at Twitter - Facebook - Tumblr - Pinterest - YouTube - MySpace - Statigram & Instagram & Webstagram

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) Posted Image  More Boss photoshoot from burton.uk article
@  BlueJean : (17 December 2014 - 03:13 PM) Happy Birthday, ladyfran! :happybirthday:
@  becozy : (17 December 2014 - 07:42 AM) :bday: ladyfran!!  Birthday greetings thread is here
@  Diana D : (16 December 2014 - 04:05 PM) :mistletoe: :Mike3: Are you guys ready for Christmas?
@  Diana D : (15 December 2014 - 08:46 PM) http://t.co/7GHrw2JgKr "How To Train Your Dragon 2" nominated for critic's choice award
@  Swansong : (15 December 2014 - 09:19 AM) I posted a true "story" in the Holiday Forum of a wonderful Hallmark moment Bill had a few days ago in our local grocery store :smiley-tree: .
@  Lady Elissa : (15 December 2014 - 08:50 AM) Week 25 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #136 for details. http://www.gerardbut...=6#entry1523544
@  becozy : (14 December 2014 - 09:25 AM)

:seasonsgreet: 11/28/14 - Holiday Forum is open! :caroling:

To leave a Christmas greeting for Gerry head straight to the ever popular Holiday Messages to Gerry

@  becozy : (13 December 2014 - 08:53 AM) Major feature film, 'Hunter Killer,' to film almost entirely in Whittier in 2015:ty: Diana D for posting! :goodjob:
@  becozy : (13 December 2014 - 08:38 AM) Posted ImageThank you to lpbh25 for the scans of the Red/UK magazine article!
@  Diana D : (12 December 2014 - 09:49 PM) Have a :gerrylicious: weekend Gals & always remember :attila2: :behave:
@  Forbes girl : (12 December 2014 - 06:03 PM) Happy Birthday, Lu!!! Hope you had a GREAT day my friend!!! :happybirthday: :hug:
@  sweetquebecer : (12 December 2014 - 01:23 PM) :pantingheart:  :Tullus1:  Oh, Gerard, my beautiful Gerard!!!!! So talented, one of a kind, you bring joy and happiness each time I see you onscreen and offscreen, at least in my dreams!!!!!!! I can't resist your great and brilliant talent!!!!! Team Gerard forever!!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 December 2014 - 01:19 PM) :funnyup:  :lighter: I think the other "Gals" are shooting a movie right now in New Orléans?????? You tell me?????? Joking!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 December 2014 - 01:15 PM) :marek:  :whome2:  Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!! Can't wait to Watch "Machine Gun Preacher" tomorrow night!!!! There's a picture of him from that movie in this week "7Jours"magazine, in movies to see on television, a must-see!!!! I love you "7 Jours"!!!!!!
@  Rendita : (12 December 2014 - 01:12 PM) Sandy, he doesn't really say anything about this Christmas. He's just saying he usually goes to Scotland & it's the same thing that is in some of the print articles.
@  sweetquebecer : (12 December 2014 - 01:10 PM) :wave:  :silly:
@  heISmyGspot : (11 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) Thanks for the post, Christy. Ye beat me by a few minutes! ;-)
@  shirsan : (11 December 2014 - 06:17 PM) There was a bit today on Google alerts titled "Gerard Butler reveals Chirstmas plans" but I can't get it to open. Has anyone else got it to open? I hope he's going home to Mum and family as usual.
@  christy40 : (11 December 2014 - 06:13 PM) http://www.hollywood...os-pushes-relea… Geostorm, an environmental thriller starring Gerard Butler, into that Oct. 21 date.

Photo

How About a New Contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,216 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have an idea for a fun contest that could be run here at GALS with prizes for the top winners, maybe even become a regular yearly event. How the contest might work is that members can nominate who they feel, of all the GALS and PALS that post here, are their idea of the biggest "gushers" where our Gerry is concerned. Of course, we are all devoted fans and have our one personal way of showing our love but some of us just aren't afraid to "show it" more then others and I think they should be recognized! After members nominate their favorites up to a cutoff point by secret pm, a list of those nominees names could be provided in a thread/poll for the GALS/PALS to vote on. Of course the winners are determined by a tally of the votes. No one can nominate themselves and only one nominee and vote per person allowed. There could possibly be two or more runners up as well that get prizes. The usual prizes could be awarded such as pictures, DVDs, posters, keychains, etc, whatever, but perhaps a "trophy" could be awarded to the winner with the most votes. It could be called the "Old Faithful" award for 2010, or whatever and the winner could be announced, maybe at the Vegas Con where they will be presented with their own trophy inscribed with their name, date, etc. The prize for the first place winner could possibly be a paid registration to the Vegas con to be presented with their award and then perhaps also might be subjected to being roasted, just for fun. The reason I suggested the "Old Faithful" name is because of the double meaning relating to the famous "gusher" in Yellow Stone Park and the obvious other reason. I just thought it seemed like a fun little reward to acknowlege those who are ever faithful fans of Gerry and might provide incentive for others to get out there and gush a bit more in the future! Just a thought. Delene

#2 framolamdu

framolamdu

Galavanting GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 3,368 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Divit Girl

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I think not Delene but feel free to send a video, keychain etc to whoever you think is biggest gusher :lmao: Moira

#3 Dr. Em

Dr. Em

Owner & Site Administrator

• Admins
  • 253,275 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Empowerment GAL

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thank you Delene for your suggestion, but we won't be implementing any sort of contest trying to find "Gerry's Biggest Fan," as we don't think its necessary for any one to prove they are a great fan of Gerry's.

Each fan supports Gerry in their own personal way and to have a contest to make this determination would be disingenuous and could potentially create an environment we don't want to foster on the site..

I am closing the thread to further discussion. Any comments can be directed to us via PM's or emails.

~ D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users