Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (30 September 2014 - 01:00 PM) Added this earlier:
9/30 - @GerardButler @HugoBoss's #BossBottled #ManOfToday ad campaign to launch 10/1
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 08:12 PM) Saw an ad on TV tonight - from C.J. Banks.   Men's  trousers  are definitely shorter.
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 04:22 PM) I bet it's the latest thing - the suit fits him to pairfection!    He would not wear it if it wasn't exactly as it should be.   I think it might be jealous guys too........
@  becozy : (29 September 2014 - 01:27 PM) :hmm: I think it's a modern-cut suit trend
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 01:06 PM) I have seen several twitters about Gerry's pants (in the Boss Commercial) being too short.    Is that true?   I would think that Boss - not to mention dapper Gerry would know!
@  Lady Elissa : (29 September 2014 - 08:51 AM) Week 14 of the Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #110. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1522035
@  becozy : (29 September 2014 - 08:20 AM) 9/29 - Send your Questions for Gerry to Hugo Boss for 10/2 interview Posted Image
@  BlueJean : (29 September 2014 - 06:16 AM) Thanks, zanyzombie.  
@  becozy : (28 September 2014 - 07:14 PM) 9/28 - Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As ‘Olympus Has Fallen’ Sequel Helmer
@  zanyzombie : (28 September 2014 - 07:01 PM) I just took a look BlueJean - yep that's her.
@  BlueJean : (28 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) In the Gallery - here: Gallery » Special Appearances » The Village Scandal Hats - the fourth pic.   Gerry and a woman.  Is it Madalina?   Can I ask that here?
@  Lady Elissa : (28 September 2014 - 10:11 AM) Voting for this week in the Survivor game ends tonight promptly at 8pm Pacific, 10 pm Central, 11pm Eastern. Don't forget to vote! See post 86 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...ic=46093&page=4
@  becozy : (27 September 2014 - 08:54 AM) Posted Image
@  Paisleyscot : (26 September 2014 - 11:46 PM) Gerry takes Pics with kids in exchange for some fruit!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Thread HERE
@  Paisleyscot : (26 September 2014 - 11:07 PM) Gerard Butler gets a tall glass of water for Geostorm.
Read article HERE
@  Forbes girl : (26 September 2014 - 09:43 PM) Don't hold your breath! Interesting how what I wrote went into two messages. LOL!
@  Forbes girl : (26 September 2014 - 09:42 PM) The last I read from Gerry himself "Geostorm" will start filing in November. But, don
@  GBPhanatic : (26 September 2014 - 02:13 PM) Hey guys! Does anyone know when G starts filming Geostorm? I've heard conflicting info, either Oct. or Nov. Just wondering. Thanks! :)
@  Paisleyscot : (25 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Gerry Paddle Boarding in Malibu today. Photos in Gallery HERE.
Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image  Discussion thread HERE
@  becozy : (25 September 2014 - 03:13 PM) Sandy...I really don't know that much about G's family (!! :bonk: !!) but in this 2013 interview he said: "My family is everything to me. I have a brother and sister, they’re both married, I have four nieces."

Photo

11/18 - Gerard Butler's portrait at Scottish National Portrait Gallery!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,750 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Colorado Gal

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Oh, I think the photo is supposed to show Gerry's "intensity" as an actor. I like it but he does come off looking a little like Bobby Darin getting ready to sing, "Mack The Knife"!

Delene

You are so right, Delene! He does look like Bobby Darin. I've seen that exact pose with Bobby before. Too weird for my taste. I would have thought these pics were to look like the person not a character the actor portrays. That is so not like Gerry's real personality.

~HUGS~ Kathy

#27 MyObsession

MyObsession

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: MyObsession

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

If I were to pick one that showed the true essence of Gerard Butler, I would have picked one of him with his eyes crossed, his face screwed up, thumbing his nose with the "stud" ring on, twenty five leather, string and plastic bead bracelets on his wrist, a tee shirt that says "I "heart" pugs", and a fake tattoo on one of those gorgeous biceps of a heart with the word "MUM" on it and wearing the rooster cap! That would have just about covered it! Now that would have been "artsy"! Is there any photo like that even? :spit:

Delene

#28 MyObsession

MyObsession

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: MyObsession

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hi Delene,

You are too funny! :bow: After the day I had today, I REALLY REALLY needed a good laugh... Thank you!!!

As I read your comment, I could actually picture that photo in my mind and I started to LMAO (out loud, sitting by myself!!!). If you ever come across a pic that even comes close to your description, you must share!!

Hugs & Giggles,

Kathy G.

#29 shirsan

shirsan

Leo's Leather Thong GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,052 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Southern Lady

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'm familiar with all the actors they chose and (in my opinion) NONE of the pictures are flattering (except Karen Gillan from Doctor Who). They even made David Tennant look like an ugly grouch! AWFUL stuff! Yuck - WTF? Poor Gerry has some absolutely gorgeous pictures out there, but I guess the powers that be decided they didn't look like ART! :(

Suzie

That was exactly what I was going to say. None of these pics are flattering to the person.
I'm happy Gerry is included in this project.
I missed the Steven Spielberg story. Which of Gerry's pictures did he like best?
Love him absolutely,
Sandy

#30 bonnieboo98

bonnieboo98

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,053 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's PhantomCamel Lass, Gerry's Camel Herding Piggy

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

That pic looks like James McAvoy, lol! Oh well :funnyup: Congrats to him :D

#31 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Fjord GAL, Protectoresse of Beowulf's sword, fur/chainmail mender GAL

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

If I were to pick one that showed the true essence of Gerard Butler, I would have picked one of him with his eyes crossed, his face screwed up, thumbing his nose with the "stud" ring on, twenty five leather, string and plastic bead bracelets on his wrist, a tee shirt that says "I "heart" pugs", and a fake tattoo on one of those gorgeous biceps of a heart with the word "MUM" on it and wearing the rooster cap! That would have just about covered it! Now that would have been "artsy"! Is there any photo like that even? :spit:

Delene

:funnyup: I can picture it and it would be awesome!!! :wow2:

#32 AbandonThought

AbandonThought

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Members
  • 2,898 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

*Ahem*

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I love being in Scotland. :wuv:

Steph

#33 Rendita

Rendita

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,508 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Nice pics, Steph. Glad you're enjoying your time in Scotland. :) Ren

#34 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,849 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Their site has been updated:
Posted Image

National Galleries of Scotland

Posted Image
Gerard Butler, b. 1969. Actor Sarah Dunn
March 2009

PGP 804.1

Born in Paisley, Butler is one of the most sought after Hollywood actors of the moment. Although he studied law at Glasgow University, Butler did not enjoy his career choice and instead moved to London where he established himself as a stage actor in 'Coriolanus' and 'Trainspotting'. His film debut came when he played Billy Connolly's character's younger brother in 'Mrs Brown' (1997). Following roles in 'Dracula 2000' and 'The Phantom of the Opera', Butler's major break into Hollywood came in 2007 with his role of the Spartan king in '300'. He has gone on to star in films such as 'Law Abiding Citizen', 'The Bounty Hunter' and 'Machine Gun Preacher'. This photograph was part of a portfolio in which Steven Spielberg looked back over the last twenty years and picked his favourite movies and actors.

• Material: c-type print
  • National Galleries of Scotland
  • © The Artist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users