Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  shirsan : (13 September 2014 - 08:42 PM) Hugo Boss commercial, they couldn't have written a more true statement for him. He truly is the man they describe in that commercial. Love him absolutely.
@  shirsan : (13 September 2014 - 08:38 PM) GORGEOUS gERRY ON GQ
@  becozy : (13 September 2014 - 08:31 PM) Posted ImageGerry in British GQ Oct. 2014 issue
@  BlueJean : (13 September 2014 - 10:09 AM) sweetquebecer - what was the first movie you saw Gerry in?   Just curious.
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 12:16 PM) Sweet dreams of Gerard!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 12:10 PM) Love you all Gals!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) As you can see, I'm not "addicted"!!!! I've been for a long time and will be forever!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) These gorgeous eyes, makes me want to spend hours looking at him, my favorite passtime!!!!! What are you waiting??? Steal a computer!!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 11:44 AM) Thanks Gals for everything, high five!!!!! I can't stop drooling and I love it!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 11:41 AM) :marek: :claphands: Big kisses and hugs to you Gerard from all your fans!!!! XXXX
@  sweetquebecer : (12 September 2014 - 11:39 AM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!! Love "Hugo Boss"commercial very much!!!! OMG!!!! Very good, he's so handsome!!!!!
@  becozy : (12 September 2014 - 09:56 AM)
@  Lady Elissa : (12 September 2014 - 09:30 AM) Attn: Character Survivor players: Week 11-Exile Island has begun. Don't forget to vote! Deets in post #24 http://www.gerardbut...&st=0&p=1521642
@  becozy : (12 September 2014 - 07:00 AM) Added:
@  BlueJean : (11 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Yeah - it does stink..............Thanks for trying!
@  becozy : (11 September 2014 - 09:47 AM) 9/11 - Vote for Gerry, UK Glamour Sexiest Man 2014
@  becozy : (11 September 2014 - 08:50 AM) :grrr: well that stinks! They were removed from YT! Bah! And I didn't download 'em...ah well, guess they will eventually reappear!
@  becozy : (11 September 2014 - 07:09 AM) 9/11 - @GerardButler 2 TV spots for #HugoBoss #BossBottled #ManOfToday
Note: removed the two embeded links since the vids were removed from YT. :(
@  becozy : (11 September 2014 - 06:22 AM) Posted Image
@  becozy : (10 September 2014 - 07:42 PM) added a few more Social Media pics from Iceland

Photo

11/18 - Gerard Butler's portrait at Scottish National Portrait Gallery!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,829 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Some of Scotland's most famous faces from Sir Sean Connery to David Tennant are to appear in a new collection of photographic portraits which will be unveiled in the refurbished Scottish National Portrait Gallery when it opens on Thursday 1 December.

Hot Scots, a display of 18 works, recently acquired for the national collection will feature well known Scottish names from TV, film and music including current Hollywood stars James McAvoy and Gerard Butler. Among the other new portraits on show will be images of Dr Who actor Karen Gillan, writer Armando Iannucci, singer Paolo Nutini, Michelin star chef Tom Kitchin and artist and playwright John Byrne. The portraits have been taken by celebrated photographers from Eva Vermandel to Albert Watson.

Award winning Scottish photographer Albert Watson's first photograph to be added to the National Galleries of Scotland's permanent collection is Watson's iconic 2003 portrait of Sir Sean Connery. Donations to Hot Scots also include David Eustace's 2010 portraits of artist and playwright John Byrne and Ken Dundas' 2011 portrait of actor Robert Carlyle.

The new Scottish National Portrait Gallery will, for the first time, include a major space dedicated to showcasing the Gallery's unparalleled holdings of Scottish and international photography, as well as newly commissioned work by contemporary photographers. Alongside Hot Scots the significance of photography is highlighted throughout the Scottish National Portrait Gallery in Romantic Camera: Scottish Photography and the Modern World, Migration Stories: Pakistan and Close Encounters: Thomas Annan's Glasgow.

Hot Scots will be shown in the new Contemporary Gallery on the ground floor. Home to special loan exhibitions and a series of displays from the Gallery's collection of contemporary portraits, the new exhibition space will also feature commissions from some of Scotland's most celebrated contemporary artists. The opening displays include Missing, a video installation by Graham Fagen, commissioned as part of a unique partnership between the Portrait Gallery and the National Theatre of Scotland.

James Holloway, Director of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery said:

"It is absolutely right that faces as familiar as David Tennant and Karen Gillan should be on show in the new Portrait Gallery. The Gallery is about Scotland today as well as Scotland of old."

Source: http://www.theedinbu...tegory/culture/

Information on the Galleries: http://www.natgalsco...98-introduction

#2 suegrint1

suegrint1

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

i hope this time they take a decent one of gbutt, because in the past, theyve always put a crappy one forward for any shows. sue grint - greatest london fan

#3 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Fjord GAL, Protectoresse of Beowulf's sword, fur/chainmail mender GAL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

Not the best pic of him in my opinion but...
There's no accounting for taste etc :unsure:

Posted Image *Click to enlarge and then again*

PtrSc from www

"....This photograph was part of a portfolio in which Steven Spielberg
looked back over the last twenty years and picked his favourite movies and actors...."

Edited by NordicGirl, 18 November 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#4 FluffyCloud

FluffyCloud

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tillman's submissive girl

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'm going to Edinburgh 3rd December, I'll see if I can snap a sneaky pic for you ladies! xx

#5 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,305 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

There's no account for taste etc :unsure:

Posted Image

PtrSc from www

looked back over the last twenty years and picked his favourite movies and actors...."

Is this the pic they're going to use?

BlueJean

#6 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Fjord GAL, Protectoresse of Beowulf's sword, fur/chainmail mender GAL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

As far as I have googled it, - yes. Link HERE
*Muffles self*

Edited by NordicGirl, 18 November 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#7 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,878 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

There's no account for taste etc :unsure:

Posted Image

PtrSc from www

That's the photo they used?? It barely looks like him. I didn't' like that photoshoot when it came out.

Nope, don't like it either. There are HUNDREDS of so many gorgeous photos of Gerry. I wonder if he had to approve which photo was used by Spielberg. I guess it's "dramatic" or whatever, but I'm disappointed.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl, 18 November 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#8 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

I think disappointed is a very polite way of saying it actually... :lalala:
You can find her men portfolio at her site HERE
Nope. HE is not there. Small merc *Cough!*

Edited by NordicGirl, 18 November 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#9 Karin*

Karin*

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 146 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry´s Sunkissed Brazilian GAL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Oh, I love that "Empire" photoshoot they´re using. It´s a referrence to "Leonidas" , Gerry´s most famous and loved character worldwide.

There are of course hundreds of better photographs of him, but this photoshoot is a direct referrence to the "300" universe, and the general public will relate whenever they see it. It is a wise choice!

Go Gerry!

Love from Brazil,
Karin

This photograph belongs to the photoshoot made for "Empire" magazine (UK) June 2009.

#10 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

Personally, I kinda like it! :hide: It gives him that sort of "Clyde" intensity, or that "No locked door will keep me out, woman!" Yeah, I like it! Delene

#11 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,269 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Green-eyed GAL, Keeper of Erik's Masks, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Well, I don't like their choice of photos, but I'm glad to see that he's included in the exhibit. ;)

#12 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

What she said. ;)

#13 patsueb

patsueb

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 261 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Who in God's sweet earth, took the picture and then who selected it? I will admit that a person had to work very hard to make Gerard Butler look like this! I wouldn't comment but to think this is going to be exibited for all to see is reprehensible. Have seen all of his movies (including 300 x3) except for MGP and have never seen him look like this. I think that it's unfair and also think that Sean Connery etc will look quite handsome. P.S. His face looks as if it's shaped like a triangle.

Edited by patsueb, 18 November 2011 - 02:31 PM.

#14 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

:thankyou: I guess we all will have to agree to disagree but really... :humph: :pillowfight: :doh: I mean... We all know he can pout and brood and still look GERRY!

Edited by NordicGirl, 18 November 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#15 MyObsession

MyObsession

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: MyObsession

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Agree with NordicGirl and Lady Elissa...not the best pic of HIM, :doh: but it's great he's included in this gallery!! That's quite an honor!! :yay:

Kathy G.

#16 JustCallMeTracy

JustCallMeTracy

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,734 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Ghetto fabulous Redneck GAL

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

I like that picture. I love grumpy Gerry pics. Of course other than the pink swimming suit, bloated belly pics there is no pics of Gerry I do not like. There is really nothing wrong with those pictures. No one looks perfect 24/7. They should have let him have his vacation without snapping his picture.
Love,
Tracy
:hug:

#17 ban

ban

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Ban

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

I will never select this pic to my Gerry Album.Posted Image

But I think it's GOOD for him that the photographers look upon Gerry as "special, UNCONVENTIONAL"! They must take pains to make him like this! How much they love him!Posted Image

#18 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,481 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'm familiar with all the actors they chose and (in my opinion) NONE of the pictures are flattering (except Karen Gillan from Doctor Who). They even made David Tennant look like an ugly grouch! AWFUL stuff! Yuck - WTF? Poor Gerry has some absolutely gorgeous pictures out there, but I guess the powers that be decided they didn't look like ART! :(

Suzie

#19 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,878 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Agree with NordicGirl and Lady Elissa...not the best pic of HIM, :doh: but it's great he's included in this gallery!! That's quite an honor!! :yay:

Kathy G.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm proud that he's in the gallery, of course! I'm just not happy at all with the chosen photo. It doesn't look like art to me, and I'm very curious if he had to approve it or not - probably not. Sorry ... JMHO.

#20 Celtic Star

Celtic Star

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 127 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

There's no accounting for taste etc :unsure:

Posted Image *Click to enlarge and then again*

PtrSc from www

Of all the great pictures there are of Gerry, this is by far the least of my favorites! :( I don't think it even looks like him, IMHO!!!

Edited by Celtic Star, 22 November 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#21 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh, I think the photo is supposed to show Gerry's "intensity" as an actor. I like it but he does come off looking a little like Bobby Darin getting ready to sing, "Mack The Knife"! Delene

#22 NordicGirl

NordicGirl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 7,451 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

:funnyup:

#23 frisby

frisby

Attila's Slave GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

I think this choice is more about chosing a photo that looks like an 'arty photo' rather than one that captures Gerry's true spirit, which is a shame. I think the one at the top of the forum at the Celtic game would sum that up pretty well!

#24 ladyfran

ladyfran

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,298 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: keeper of Gerrys Mr. Pinky Gal

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Of all the pics of Gerry and this is the chosen one??????????????? It might be artsy but it's not too hottsie! Bad bad bad lighting I say! :wave: Frannie

#25 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

If I were to pick one that showed the true essence of Gerard Butler, I would have picked one of him with his eyes crossed, his face screwed up, thumbing his nose with the "stud" ring on, twenty five leather, string and plastic bead bracelets on his wrist, a tee shirt that says "I "heart" pugs", and a fake tattoo on one of those gorgeous biceps of a heart with the word "MUM" on it and wearing the rooster cap! That would have just about covered it! Now that would have been "artsy"! Is there any photo like that even? :spit: Delene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users