Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (19 September 2014 - 12:44 PM) Gerry is Boots Man of the Day: http://www.boots.com...he-day_1541802/
@  sweetquebecer : (19 September 2014 - 11:55 AM) Hello!!!! Thanks for these great pictures!!!!!! Magnificent!!!! He's so handsome!!!!
@  becozy : (19 September 2014 - 11:48 AM) Added a few screencaps from the Boss Bottled tv spot:  Posted Image  Posted Image
@  becozy : (19 September 2014 - 07:24 AM) AimeeMarie it was perfect!  I started a thread so we could discuss, and it would be available in the Forum for further info! :thankyou:
@  AimeeMarie : (18 September 2014 - 07:30 PM) Was that the right place for me to send that info, Barb? I could send it via PM the next time I come across something :)
@  becozy : (18 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) :ty: AimeeMarie. Have added thread for discussion in Movies Forum here
@  AimeeMarie : (18 September 2014 - 07:06 PM) Did you see? London Has Fallen lost their director! I think G should just direct too http://www.hollywood..._source=twitter
@  Paisleyscot : (17 September 2014 - 08:39 PM) Gerard Butler: I’m raw Gerard Butler likes to keep himself looking as “raw as he can”.
Article HERE
@  Paisleyscot : (17 September 2014 - 08:12 PM) GLAMOUR interviews Gerard Butler - prepare to swoon  Read Article HERE
@  Lady Elissa : (17 September 2014 - 06:29 PM) I can post now! :claphands:
@  BlueJean : (17 September 2014 - 04:06 PM) I can't post, either........or open a message.........shoot!
@  becozy : (17 September 2014 - 02:51 PM) Hunter Killer - Martin Campbell in talks for Director read article: http://www.slashfilm...-hunter-killer/
@  becozy : (17 September 2014 - 02:38 PM) My computer hard drive is dying, so I may not be able to update/post 
Aaand...the site's been 'hacked'! So I can't add articles, etc. - Dayna's working on it.
Check out this fun interview from Glamour UK, and w/i is the HQ Hugo Boss TV commercial

http://www.glamourma...agrance-for-men

Video Discussion Thread HERE
@  BlueJean : (17 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) Never mind - I got a day ahead and decided that today is Thursday - altho I just got home from Room 4 Hope and that's on Wednesday.    Ill be fine...........you guys go ahead.....I'm OK........really.................. :unsure:
@  BlueJean : (17 September 2014 - 01:25 PM) Any news on the voting in Scotland?
@  shirsan : (17 September 2014 - 12:11 PM) The one in black leather makes his eyes look blue.
@  shirsan : (17 September 2014 - 12:08 PM) Every subject I try to enter I get a message there is something wrong with the database. Please advise.
@  Forbes girl : (16 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) I'm with you, Bonnie and becozy. That one does it for me too. :multicigs:
@  becozy : (16 September 2014 - 05:24 PM) :kisswink: oh, I agree Bonnie!
@  BlueJean : (16 September 2014 - 02:41 PM) This one does it for me!   Posted Image
El thudderino!   The body as well as the face.......I'm a dirty old lady. :behave:

Photo

Happy Robert Burns Day!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Ode to Clarinda and Sylvander Och, his een cest upon 'er fair! What pang in his cheb 'at questions dare That fair thes moment he did nae exist Fur whit he’d gie fur a body sweit kiss! Och, she feels his gaze an' knowing The warmth ay it runs ever flowing That shivers tremblin' within 'er knows She hopes 'er coopon an' een don’t shaw! But alas sweit loove nae meant tae be Too staurn crossed bodies blin' tae see Ain fears th' loost ay love’s left tae burn Tae sit in their hearts forever tae yearn. HAPPY ROBERT BURNS DAY! Delene

#2 Tiny Anya

Tiny Anya

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 172 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tiny Lady Anya

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Even at the risk of being chastised for being utterly ignorant :sad: , I've got to ask - where do I find the translation into plain English, please?

Edited by Tiny Anya, 29 January 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#3 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Roughly, give or take a word....for the sake of rhyming. Oh, his eyes cast upon her fair! What pang in his breast that questions dare! That fore this moment he did not exist For what he’d give for one sweet kiss! Oh, she feels his gaze and knowing The warmth of it runs ever flowing That shivers trembling within her know What she hopes her face and eyes don’t show! But alas sweet love not meant to be Too star crossed bodies blind to see One fears the lust of true love’s yearning To set in their hearts forever burning. Delene

#4 Tiny Anya

Tiny Anya

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 172 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tiny Lady Anya

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thank you so much, Delene. What a beautifully heartfelt poem.Posted Image I am so glad you shared it.

xx A

#5 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

You are so very welcome! Delene

#6 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,839 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

:ty: Delene!

Posted Image
Gerry reading from "A Night Out with Robert Burns: The Greatest Poems";) (currently only 'used' versions of that UK edition)
That cover/edition is on Amazon for $100! but the current edition available for U.S Amazon shoppers, with a different cover, is $11.70!

Bet that little beauty is in there! :rose:

#7 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

:ty: Delene!

Posted Image
Gerry reading from "A Night Out with Robert Burns: The Greatest Poems";)

Bet that little beauty is in there! :rose:

If only! That's one of mine dedicated to Rabbie and one of his loves! But thanks for the compliment! ;)

Delene

I was looking at those books of poems and I might order that one. I read a little bit of it and it looks like it has some interesting info.

I went in to a little bookstore in Edinburgh Castle when I was there and bought a little book on RB's history laced with many of his poems. It was only a pound ninety nine but it's quite informative! I think my favorite is reading the love letters between Robert and Agnes (Clarinda). Supposedly, they had thing going on but never consummated their affair.

Edited by GBPhanatic, 06 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#8 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

:scotlandflag: :bump:

#9 Debrasue

Debrasue

Gus' Dressing Room GAL

• Members
  • 1,706 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Maiden of the Mirrors Gal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for reminding us!!!

If I may...please enjoy this rendition of A Red, Red Rose, to celebrate the occasion...

Happy Robert Burns Day! Posted Image

Someday, Gerry...someday... Posted Image

Edited by Trouble, 26 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#10 madd_mama

madd_mama

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Pirate Piggy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Umm...at the risk of being tarred and feathered, help a music major out...who's Robert Burns? *ducks and hides*

AmyPosted Image

#11 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Umm...at the risk of being tarred and feathered, help a music major out...who's Robert Burns? *ducks and hides*

AmyPosted Image

George Burns' brother! :bonk:/> :rotflmao:/> :snort:/>

Delene

#12 may

may

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,035 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: 02bhis GAL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Posted ImageHappy Robert Burns day...Posted Image

#13 madd_mama

madd_mama

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Pirate Piggy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

AmyPosted Image

George Burns' brother! Posted Image/> Posted Image/> Posted Image/>

Delene

HA! Posted Image:silly:src="http://www.gerardbut...ult/silly.jpg">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users