Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 09:23 AM)   7/24 - Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!Posted Image
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) 7/24 - Skyscrapers are rising for London Has Fallen
@  becozy : (23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM) Posted Image
Insane Tuesday Night at Project with my gang... Jordan Rocca, Ariel Vromen, Gerarld Butler. Rocking London! — with Jordan Rocca and Gerard Butler. Source Thread here

@  Arwen : (23 July 2014 - 01:29 AM) https://www.google.c...-a&channel=fflb
@  Arwen : (23 July 2014 - 01:29 AM) Hi Shirsan, this page should give you different varieties of Apple crumble,
@  shirsan : (22 July 2014 - 07:19 PM) Does anyone have a recipe for Apple Crumble?
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:31 AM) Glascow Celtics are playing today in Edimburg against Iceland!!!!!Go Celtics, go!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:28 AM) We all can't wait for your next movie projects as well as your new ad for "Hugo Boss Bottled"!!!!! Calm down Josée, must be the heatwave in Québec City!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:23 AM) Big kisses and big hugs to you Gerard!!!!! We love you so much!!!! We will never get enough!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!! Hope you are all doing fine!!!!!
@  BlueJean : (21 July 2014 - 09:51 AM) Thanks, Elissa!
@  Lady Elissa : (21 July 2014 - 08:48 AM) Oops! Week 4 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post 118 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1521038
@  Lady Elissa : (21 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) Week 4 of Gerry
@  bjbjmi : (20 July 2014 - 06:36 PM) I just read My Entertainment World site that Gerry will start filming Geostorm in New Orleans this October, but it will not be released until 2016.
@  SpartanFan : (20 July 2014 - 08:00 AM) Says hes as committed as he was in 300
@  SpartanFan : (20 July 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gerry talks working out and dieting for Gods Of Egypt https://www.dishnati...e-crumble-diet/
@  Lady Elissa : (20 July 2014 - 03:55 AM) Voting for this week in the Survivor Game ends tonight at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern time. See post 83 for list of characters and instructions. http://www.gerardbut...ic=46008&page=4
@  becozy : (19 July 2014 - 09:46 AM) a couple of Social Media pics from yesterday and today in thread starting with post here  :cup:
@  sweetquebecer : (18 July 2014 - 12:37 PM) "Boss Bottled" tv and print campaign this winter, www.business-standard.com
@  Forbes girl : (17 July 2014 - 10:24 PM) Great pictures, becozy!! :highfive:

Photo

Happy Robert Burns Day!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Ode to Clarinda and Sylvander Och, his een cest upon 'er fair! What pang in his cheb 'at questions dare That fair thes moment he did nae exist Fur whit he’d gie fur a body sweit kiss! Och, she feels his gaze an' knowing The warmth ay it runs ever flowing That shivers tremblin' within 'er knows She hopes 'er coopon an' een don’t shaw! But alas sweit loove nae meant tae be Too staurn crossed bodies blin' tae see Ain fears th' loost ay love’s left tae burn Tae sit in their hearts forever tae yearn. HAPPY ROBERT BURNS DAY! Delene

#2 Tiny Anya

Tiny Anya

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 172 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tiny Lady Anya

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Even at the risk of being chastised for being utterly ignorant :sad: , I've got to ask - where do I find the translation into plain English, please?

Edited by Tiny Anya, 29 January 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#3 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Roughly, give or take a word....for the sake of rhyming. Oh, his eyes cast upon her fair! What pang in his breast that questions dare! That fore this moment he did not exist For what he’d give for one sweet kiss! Oh, she feels his gaze and knowing The warmth of it runs ever flowing That shivers trembling within her know What she hopes her face and eyes don’t show! But alas sweet love not meant to be Too star crossed bodies blind to see One fears the lust of true love’s yearning To set in their hearts forever burning. Delene

#4 Tiny Anya

Tiny Anya

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 172 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tiny Lady Anya

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thank you so much, Delene. What a beautifully heartfelt poem.Posted Image I am so glad you shared it.

xx A

#5 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

You are so very welcome! Delene

#6 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,684 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

:ty: Delene!

Posted Image
Gerry reading from "A Night Out with Robert Burns: The Greatest Poems";) (currently only 'used' versions of that UK edition)
That cover/edition is on Amazon for $100! but the current edition available for U.S Amazon shoppers, with a different cover, is $11.70!

Bet that little beauty is in there! :rose:

#7 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

:ty: Delene!

Posted Image
Gerry reading from "A Night Out with Robert Burns: The Greatest Poems";)

Bet that little beauty is in there! :rose:

If only! That's one of mine dedicated to Rabbie and one of his loves! But thanks for the compliment! ;)

Delene

I was looking at those books of poems and I might order that one. I read a little bit of it and it looks like it has some interesting info.

I went in to a little bookstore in Edinburgh Castle when I was there and bought a little book on RB's history laced with many of his poems. It was only a pound ninety nine but it's quite informative! I think my favorite is reading the love letters between Robert and Agnes (Clarinda). Supposedly, they had thing going on but never consummated their affair.

Edited by GBPhanatic, 06 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#8 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

:scotlandflag: :bump:

#9 Debrasue

Debrasue

Gus' Dressing Room GAL

• Members
  • 1,706 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Maiden of the Mirrors Gal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for reminding us!!!

If I may...please enjoy this rendition of A Red, Red Rose, to celebrate the occasion...

Happy Robert Burns Day! Posted Image

Someday, Gerry...someday... Posted Image

Edited by Trouble, 26 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#10 madd_mama

madd_mama

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Pirate Piggy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Umm...at the risk of being tarred and feathered, help a music major out...who's Robert Burns? *ducks and hides*

AmyPosted Image

#11 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Umm...at the risk of being tarred and feathered, help a music major out...who's Robert Burns? *ducks and hides*

AmyPosted Image

George Burns' brother! :bonk:/> :rotflmao:/> :snort:/>

Delene

#12 may

may

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,028 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: 02bhis GAL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Posted ImageHappy Robert Burns day...Posted Image

#13 madd_mama

madd_mama

Attila's Slave GAL

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Pirate Piggy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

AmyPosted Image

George Burns' brother! Posted Image/> Posted Image/> Posted Image/>

Delene

HA! Posted Image:silly:src="http://www.gerardbut...ult/silly.jpg">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users