Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Lady Elissa : (01 September 2014 - 12:41 PM) Had to open thread #2 for the Character Game. We're now here: http://www.gerardbut...showtopic=46093
@  Lady Elissa : (01 September 2014 - 06:39 AM) Week 10 of the Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post #288 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...12#entry1521629
@  BlueJean : (31 August 2014 - 12:10 PM) Shirsan - I'm glad you asked that - because I didn't know, either.   Yay!   That's called "Gals helping Gals".
@  Texas gramma : (30 August 2014 - 04:15 PM) Shirsan, click on the "Smilies" on the second line of the Shoutbox selections.
@  shirsan : (30 August 2014 - 03:42 PM) How do you get to the "Happy Birthday" little icons on Shout?\
@  shirsan : (30 August 2014 - 03:41 PM) Happy, Happy Birthday.
@  Forbes girl : (29 August 2014 - 12:30 PM) Happy Birthday, Mel! :happybirthday:
@  becozy : (29 August 2014 - 06:51 AM) Posted Image
In album Nobu Sushi - Malibu - Aug. 28, 201
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) Hen House 8- Pinned to make it easier to 'find'! :thankyou: Deb for the suggestion!
@  BlueJean : (28 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday, Abrock!  :bday:
@  Lady Elissa : (28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM) :presents: Mel!
@  becozy : (28 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) :bday: Abrock/Mel! Hope your day is Wonderful! :drink:
@  becozy : (27 August 2014 - 09:29 AM) Screencaps added to Gallery Chelsea Handler Finale - Aug. 26, 2014
@  Paisleyscot : (26 August 2014 - 10:22 PM) Chelsea Handler and Dozens of A-List Stars Sing Farewell on Chelsea Lately (VIDEO HERE)
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM) Also, his half or step brother. Is he his Dad's son or his step-father's son? I got to thinking about that and I had to assume that he was his Dad's son by the French-Canadian wife since he said he was 8 years younger than he was when he met him. Just wondering.]
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Does anyone know if there are any pictures of Gerry's dad? I've never seen one.
@  shirsan : (26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM) Tks Sweetquebecer. I had forgotten.
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) You're welcome!!!! Sometimes it's easy to forget!!!!!
@  becozy : (26 August 2014 - 12:31 PM) :ty: sweetquebecer! http://www.eonline.c...os/embed/225265
@  sweetquebecer : (26 August 2014 - 12:13 PM) Don't forget "Chelsea Lately" tonight, for those who get it!!!!!

Photo

Special Convention Announcement #2!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,808 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

As many of you know, we are pleased to welcome Rev. Sam Childers as our Special Guest at the 7th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention & Charity Gala.

It is with much pleasure that we add a decidedly "Hollywood Flair" to his appearance
by welcoming Machine Gun Preacher Producer

DEBORAH GIARRATANA
(Say "Jeratanna" :kisswink:)

Mrs. Giarratana, or DeborahG, sold the life rights to the Rev. Sam Childers story and oversaw the publishing of his book, ANOTHER MAN'S WAR, about Sam's life and present work in Africa.

Over the last 20 years Deborah has been at the forefront of the emerging high-end visual effects and animation industry. She began building film business for Pacific Data Images which went on to become Dreamworks Animation. She then went to work with James Cameron's company, Digital Domain and billed millions of dollars in revenue up through the release of TITANIC.

Deborah is now in her 10th year producing & managing film business for Sony Pictures Imageworks (SPIDERMAN franchise, IAM LEGEND, WATCHMAN, G-FORCE and ALICE IN WONDERLAND), one of the leading visual effects and animation companies in the world. She's had a rewarding experience working with such filmmakers as Sam Raimi, Zack Snyder, Tim Burton among others.

In addition to owning her own production company, GGFilmz, she is a co-founder of LA Loves.

Prior to her work in the entertainment industry, Deborah was on staff for 8 years at Grace Church of Kendall, in Miami, Florida, as an associate pastor overseeing the singles ministries mobilizing them to get involved on a global level. She orchestrated local & international outreaches. She arranged multiple trips to Honduras, Costa Rica, Columbia, the Bahamas and Jamaica.

This explains her passion for championing the cause we know as "Machine Gun Preacher." It is through her sheer determination to get this story on film that we get to see Gerry in his role as "Sam Childers." Machine Gun Preacher is very much "her baby."

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8f9KA3OPm8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g8f9KA3OPm8[/url]

When we extended the invitation, one of her questions was, "What do you want me to do?" I explained that we wanted to lift her up and have her share her inspirational story of perseverance regarding the making of Machine Gun Preacher. As an afterthought, I said, "Oh, and share some 'Gerry stories.'" To which she enthusiastically replied, "Stories?! BOY! Do I have stories!!" :pointy:

For those that "Twitter," you can follow Deb at @deborahggfilmz

#2 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,752 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

:woohoo: This is wonderful Holly!:dancer::bounce:

:ty: DebG!

#3 scotsmanstuart

scotsmanstuart

Movie Diggin' PAL

• Mods
  • 1,441 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Awesome !! Well done Holly !

Posted Image

#4 Paisleyscot

Paisleyscot

Graphic Mod

• Mods
  • 7,348 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Galway Girl ~ Official Siggy Piggy ~ Paisley's Piggy

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As if Sam wasn't enough now we have Deb too!

Hey Everyone, if you've been sitting on the fence about coming to the Convention, sit no longer!
This year is developing into something truly magical, we all feel it.
:hearts: Sign up NOW and be a part of something SPECTACULAR!

Holly
:yourock:

#5 Sara

Sara

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 338 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Sara

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

This is going to be the best convention ever! Thanks Sara

#6 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,808 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

This is going to be the best convention ever!

Thanks

Sara

I don't think any one of us will argue with you, Sara! There's a definite "thrum" amid the Modsquad and planners. We've got one more "possibility" out there and I'm praying God sees fit to pull it together for us.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As if Sam wasn't enough now we have Deb too!

Hey Everyone, if you've been sitting on the fence about coming to the Convention, sit no longer!
This year is developing into something truly magical, we all feel it.
:hearts: Sign up NOW and be a part of something SPECTACULAR!

It's definitely different this year, that's for sure!

#7 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,502 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Swannie Anne

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

I am soooooooo glad for the virtual convention, otherwise I would never have a chance to meet this lovely lady! How wonderful for the convention!

#8 lovetheeloquence

lovetheeloquence

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

You are amazing for pulling all this together! I just cannot wait for the convention. Thanks for all you do... :kisswink:

#9 framolamdu

framolamdu

Galavanting GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 3,368 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Divit Girl

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Holly you've outdone yourself this year. Well done. Moira

#10 Donnachaidh

Donnachaidh

Erik's Angel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 912 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hol, I couldn't have completed my reservations at a better time. I am SO PUMPED!! Thanks GF! Buff

#11 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,472 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

"Pumped" is just the word I had in mind, Buff. Holly, You will have stars in your crown in Heaven for pulling this off. Thank you for all your hard work!! Suzie

#12 ginnywhit

ginnywhit

Marek's Lady GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 461 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: ginnywhit, GinySassenach, Giny MacGregor

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

As many of you know, we are pleased to welcome Rev. Sam Childers as our Special Guest at the 7th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention & Charity Gala.

It is with much pleasure that we add a decidedly "Hollywood Flair" to his appearance
by welcoming Machine Gun Preacher Producer

DEBORAH GIARRATANA
(Say "Jeratanna" :kisswink:)

Mrs. Giarratana, or DeborahG, sold the life rights to the Rev. Sam Childers story and oversaw the publishing of his book, ANOTHER MAN'S WAR, about Sam's life and present work in Africa.

Over the last 20 years Deborah has been at the forefront of the emerging high-end visual effects and animation industry. She began building film business for Pacific Data Images which went on to become Dreamworks Animation. She then went to work with James Cameron's company, Digital Domain and billed millions of dollars in revenue up through the release of TITANIC.

Holly you amaze me! What a great night it will be!

Deborah is now in her 10th year producing & managing film business for Sony Pictures Imageworks (SPIDERMAN franchise, IAM LEGEND, WATCHMAN, G-FORCE and ALICE IN WONDERLAND), one of the leading visual effects and animation companies in the world. She's had a rewarding experience working with such filmmakers as Sam Raimi, Zack Snyder, Tim Burton among others.

In addition to owning her own production company, GGFilmz, she is a co-founder of LA Loves.

Prior to her work in the entertainment industry, Deborah was on staff for 8 years at Grace Church of Kendall, in Miami, Florida, as an associate pastor overseeing the singles ministries mobilizing them to get involved on a global level. She orchestrated local & international outreaches. She arranged multiple trips to Honduras, Costa Rica, Columbia, the Bahamas and Jamaica.

This explains her passion for championing the cause we know as "Machine Gun Preacher." It is through her sheer determination to get this story on film that we get to see Gerry in his role as "Sam Childers." Machine Gun Preacher is very much "her baby."

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8f9KA3OPm8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g8f9KA3OPm8[/url]

When we extended the invitation, one of her questions was, "What do you want me to do?" I explained that we wanted to lift her up and have her share her inspirational story of perseverance regarding the making of Machine Gun Preacher. As an afterthought, I said, "Oh, and share some 'Gerry stories.'" To which she enthusiastically replied, "Stories?! BOY! Do I have stories!!" :pointy:

For those that "Twitter," you can follow Deb at @deborahggfilmz

#13 Mirin

Mirin

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: N'Kara's Spirit

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Holly you've outdone yourself this year. Well done.

Moira

Hi ladies,

how many of you are lucky enough to be attending this year's convention? I so wish I could go too!

Mirin

#14 LisaR

LisaR

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: dreamweaver

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome convention. I wish I could go, but I will be there in spirit! LisaR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users