Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Lady Elissa : (29 July 2014 - 01:48 PM) Thanks, Barb and Deb! Let the drooling begin...or continue....:D
@  becozy : (29 July 2014 - 09:46 AM) Hot young Gerry pic in Hen House for your 18+ drooling via KnightPhantom's request ;)
@  Music of the... : (28 July 2014 - 10:47 PM) Good Morning GALFriends! I just now saw how to post to the shout box ...haha!! It's that Facebook pic of Gerry ..... it distracted me :multicigs: (and every other picture that's been posted :heat:
@  heISmyGspot : (28 July 2014 - 03:00 PM) I've uploaded pix taken by Photog Micael at the PJ Party: http://gbgalsgallery...egasPJ/Michael/
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 12:30 PM) :gotgals: right???
@  BlueJean : (28 July 2014 - 12:14 PM) Exactly, Kathy!   Exactly!  :multicigs:
@  Forbes girl : (28 July 2014 - 11:32 AM) Holy Cow, that picture!!! :multicigs:
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM) Posted Image Facebook pic...get ready...younger Gerry rockin' some long wavy hair!
@  Lady Elissa : (28 July 2014 - 07:53 AM) Week 5 is up and running. See post 145 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...=6#entry1521129
@  Lady Elissa : (27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM) Voting for this week in the Gerry Character Survivor Game ends tonight at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern. See post #118 for list of characters and instructions for voting. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1521038
@  BlueJean : (27 July 2014 - 05:31 AM) Thanks, Gals, for the Happy Galsversary wishes......it has been grand - and so much fun.   It's also wonderful to see Gerry still such an "attraction" - and success.  
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:52 PM) I'm not sure how many years I have been here, but they all been GRAND. I love Gals and I love Gerry absolutely. Sandy
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:51 PM) Happy Galaversay Blue Jean.
@  Forbes girl : (26 July 2014 - 02:52 PM) Hey Bonnie "BlueJean"! Happy 7 years Galsversary! We have both been here for 7 years. Isn't it GRAND! :D
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:05 PM) Kisses and hugs to you Gerard, from all your devoted fans!!!! XXXXX
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM) Time to spend many hours on "Gerard Butler Gals!!!! Looking at "Hugo Boss" print ad!!!!!!! Hope to see it in "Elle Québec"!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:01 PM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!!! We love you very much!!!!!
@  becozy : (25 July 2014 - 06:17 AM) Posted ImagePrint Ad thread for comments
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 09:23 AM)   7/24 - Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!Posted Image
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) 7/24 - Skyscrapers are rising for London Has Fallen

Photo

2/7 - Redbulletin article

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Texas gramma

Texas gramma

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 8,446 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Torchbearer GAL, Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Aged 27, Gerard Butler had never acted and was bottoming out at the bottom of a bottle. Now he's a fixture on Hollywood's A-list, be it action, romcom, animation or Shakespeare. He's also a leading man in the gossip columns. Time for the truth to out.

"Without a doubt the coolest, most exhilarating, most brilliant thing I have ever done was play for Celtic, in a match for their charity fund against Manchester United last summer", says Gerard Butler. "There I was on the Celtic Park pitch, in the green-and-white hoops, playing with [former Celtic striker] Henrik Larsson and [current Celtic manager] Neil Lennon tackling the likes of Roy Keane, Teddy Sheringham and Dwight Yorke. It's the highlight of my whole career so far."

This from the man currently the most bankable British actor in Hollywood, who, for his forthcoming movie, Playing The Field, locks lips with Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jessica Biel and Uma Thurman, but then the 42 year-old Scot isn't the man you think he is.

For starters, during that football match in Glasgow in August 2011, a star-studded testimonial match for former Celtic defender John Kennedy, Butler played the first two-thirds of the match, and absolutely looked the part alongside the former professionals and soccer-loving celebs. He exited the pitch to a standing ovation.

"Luckily, for the last movie I'd shot, Playing The Field, I played a soccer-player-turned-school-coach who gets involved with his players' mums," says Butler, looking match-fit in a suite at the Soho Hotel, London. "So I got in shape: played a lot of soccer, did a lot of surfing, hiking, running and cycling, and I was ready for the game, which was very handy indeed because I've supported Celtic all my life."

Dressed in a black polo shirt, combat trousers and big, black army-style boots, his tousled curly, slightly greying hair is shoulder length and matches a scruffy beard. He is jovial, refreshingly open, totally self-effacing, and very, very funny. It's not quite the uniform or the demeanour of an actor whose box-office hit-rate is currently higher than Oscar-winner Colin Firth and Daniel Craig, whose record beyond Bond is patchy at best. There are rumours of Butler, now based where the work is, in Los Angeles, commanding eight-figure salaries. Yet he remains down-to-earth despite Hollywood and all its foibles.

"Well, we Scots are very grounded, and have good manners, and if I start getting too big for my boots, there's plenty of friends and family in Scotland who'll sort me out," he says, with a smile. "I love what I do and think I'm pretty good at it, so I have nothing to prove, I don't have a chip on my shoulder and don't need to put on any airs and graces. But all in all, I think it's just part of being Scottish, because you can't get carried away with any of that conceited ego rubbish up there because it don't bloody work!"

At this he takes a swig of water and has a good chuckle, his shoulders bobbing like fishing floats.

"A good example for you. I saw an old pal of mine in Glasgow recently, and he'd had quite a skinful and had hardly a leg under him. So he gives me a hug and says, 'You know Gerry, through all the success and the fame and the adulation, you're still the same as you always were.' So there was I was thinking, 'Wow that was nice of him,' and then he said, 'Aye big man, you're still a total dickhead!' Brilliant! You don't get much of that in LA."

Full article in February issue of The Red Bulletin
Source: Here

Full Article scans in Gallery see post here
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
:ty: Redita

#2 Tiny Anya

Tiny Anya

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 172 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tiny Lady Anya

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

"A good example for you. I saw an old pal of mine in Glasgow recently, and he'd had quite a skinful and had hardly a leg under him. So he gives me a hug and says, 'You know Gerry, through all the success and the fame and the adulation, you're still the same as you always were.' So there was I was thinking, 'Wow that was nice of him,' and then he said, 'Aye big man, you're still a total dickhead!' Brilliant! You don't get much of that in LA."<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Posted Image This is So Gerry! And his friends are like him!

Thank you for sharing, Suzie. Posted Image

xx Anya

#3 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,251 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Love reading the article. Are we happy for Gerry or what? Anya - I love your siggy - it's hysterical! BlueJean

#4 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Now that's a good interview and article! I love it when the person pays attention to what Gerry says and means and doesn't just invent stuff. And I can always tell when it's the real Gerry talking or just the interviewer's perception. Thanks, Suzie. Delene

#5 sweetquebecer

sweetquebecer

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: sweetquebecer

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

:music: Hello! Thanks for this great and excellent article!!!! I like it very much!!!! Go Celtic go!!!! Go Gerard go!!!! Josée

#6 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,163 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Green-eyed GAL, Keeper of Erik's Masks, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

What a great article! It reinforces what we already know about Gerry; he's a real, down-to-earth, regular, guy! He's not putting on airs, throwing his celebrity status around, or engaging in any of that other phony baloney crap. One of the many reasons to love him! :wuv: That big shot, VIP act not only doesn't go over well in Scotland, it doesn't do too well around here, either. ;) :wave: Suzie for posting this. :)

Edited by Lady Elissa, 07 February 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#7 sabrina

sabrina

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Sabrina Franco

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Gerry is really a wonderful soul!Despite everything, he continuous to be the same nice guy he always were!!! This why I love him!! his is A real MAN!

Go Gerry!! you deserve all the success in the world!!!!

love
Sabrina

xoxoxPosted Image

Ps.: gals how can I have a ''siggy''? thare's somebody here who make this for us? and where I can put the link ?

Edited by sabrina, 07 February 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#8 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,677 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Colorado Gal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Suzie...Thanks sweetie for the article. I really enjoyed this one.

~HUGS~ Kathy

#9 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,163 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Green-eyed GAL, Keeper of Erik's Masks, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ps.: gals how can I have a ''siggy''? thare's somebody here who make this for us? and where I can put the link ?

Sending you a pm. :)

#10 MyObsession

MyObsession

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: MyObsession

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, Suzie!

I enjoyed it as well . It is one of the better articles I've seen! - it's so nice to come home from work and have something to look forward to by way of HRH. Gerry is so down-to-earth here again; makes us love him all the more! :kiss: I doubt that he could be any other way; he's just so endearing! What other star would reveal some of the stories he shares? (like the one in this article.) No one. That's one of his great characteristics, which sets him apart from all the others. He definitely doesn't take himself too seriously.

Anya - your new Siggy to too much (LMAO). You are one crazy chic! (with a great sense of humor).:cunning:

Cheers!

KathyG

#11 ladyfran

ladyfran

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 11,298 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: keeper of Gerrys Mr. Pinky Gal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Suz.......great article and sooooooooooooo Gerry! "Dickhead" HAHAHAHA! That happens to be one of my Dear Hubby's favorite name for his special."friends" Endearing isn't it?? :p :wave: Frannie

#12 shirsan

shirsan

Leo's Leather Thong GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,036 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Southern Lady

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Such a sweet spirit. Love him absolutely, Sandy

#13 Red Queen Gorgo

Red Queen Gorgo

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Terrific interview. Love GJB's "style". :reddeath:
Still hoping to see CORIOLANUS on the big screen.
:igotgals:

#14 Abby

Abby

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mad Creedy and Erik Phantom fan

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

I love the article too, I couldn't ever see Gerry being a snob he's to funny and lovely and such a guy he seems to enjoy his self a lot espically playing football Love you Gerry Abby

#15 Karin*

Karin*

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 146 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry´s Sunkissed Brazilian GAL

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Love the article, thanks GALS!
Love from Brazil,
Karin

#16 Swansong

Swansong

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 9,502 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Swannie Anne

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Really enjoyed this writer's observations about Gerry. Great piece!

#17 steffnay1

steffnay1

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks to Gerry it yourself!

#18 terezoulini

terezoulini

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,273 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Apaprently there is more from that interview: http://www.radaronli...l-boozing-sober Gerard Butler has certainly come a long way since hitting bottom and giving up booze! The Scottish actor, whose blackout drinking destroyed his career ambitions to become a lawyer in his twenties, explains why he quit drinking and how he got his life back together just in time to become an internationally known actor in an extensive new interview. “I had gone from a 16-year-old who couldn’t wait to grasp life to a 22-year-old who didn’t care if he died in his sleep,” the actor revealed to Chris Sullivan of The Red Bulletin about his heavy drinking. Butler, who was working as a trainee at an Edinburgh law firm during the time, explains that his drinking got him fired from the job. PHOTOS: Hollywood Stars Who Have Been To Rehab “I used to drink until I couldn’t remember anything. I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness.” Unemployed, Butler, who had no acting training, quit drinking and moved to London where he reunited with an old girlfriend who was a casting director. She scored him his first role in a play at the age of 27, and his career took off from there. “One or two drinks was never enough for me. I was a foot-on-the-floor-all-the-way drinker, so it had to go. I don’t miss it. Now it’s as if I never had a drink in my life. At one point, I could never have conceived going out and not drinking but, as time goes on, you lose the urge and the insecurity that often makes people drink in the first place.” Butler, who has been romantically linked to a bevy of beauties including Jennifer Aniston, Ashley Greene and Brandi Glanville, played coy when asked about his bachelor reputation. “I am a single successful Scottish actor in a city full of beautiful women, and I will admit to having the time of my life.” “I’m very well behaved these days as a lot of the naughty stuff was when I was drinking.” I wish someone could find the magazine and tell us what else we are missing. Theresa

#19 frisby

frisby

Attila's Slave GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for that extra bit Theresa! One of the things I admire about Gerry is his openness about his drink problems in the past. I'm sure a lot of people have found inspiration and help from his example. It's funny because he is the opposite of most people in show business who turn to drink or drugs AFTER they become famous, whereas Gerry found redemption in his acting career.

#20 terezoulini

terezoulini

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,273 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for that extra bit Theresa!
One of the things I admire about Gerry is his openness about his drink problems in the past. I'm sure a lot of people have found inspiration and help from his example.
It's funny because he is the opposite of most people in show business who turn to drink or drugs AFTER they become famous, whereas Gerry found redemption in his acting career.

When you hear about people like Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson or even Elvis many years ago dying before their time because they couldn't really handle their fame and what goes with it, it kind of makes you thankful in a weird way that Gerry faced most of his demons before he became famous. He was mature enough and smart enough to find a healthy channel for whatever he was feeling. I pray it stays that way. The good thing is that he seems to grasp how lucky he is and how good he has it now and doesn't seem like he would jeopardise that.

Theresa

#21 Karin*

Karin*

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 146 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry´s Sunkissed Brazilian GAL

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for that extra bit Theresa!
One of the things I admire about Gerry is his openness about his drink problems in the past. I'm sure a lot of people have found inspiration and help from his example.
It's funny because he is the opposite of most people in show business who turn to drink or drugs AFTER they become famous, whereas Gerry found redemption in his acting career.

When you hear about people like Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson or even Elvis many years ago dying before their time because they couldn't really handle their fame and what goes with it, it kind of makes you thankful in a weird way that Gerry faced most of his demons before he became famous. He was mature enough and smart enough to find a healthy channel for whatever he was feeling. I pray it stays that way. The good thing is that he seems to grasp how lucky he is and how good he has it now and doesn't seem like he would jeopardise that.

Theresa

I agree with you Teresa!

However, I think we should point mostly that Gerry had an education with capital "E", and also is a very intelligent man - what may differ him from these catastrophical idol-personalities, meaning specially that a true talented person, like these great artists were for sure, doesn´t necessarily mean that they were intelligent - and mostly, due of the fact that Gerry came from a strong family where moral values are important and are present, according to what Gerry has ever said about his mother and her social posture towards her children and her condition as a divorced woman.

The strong and fearless attitude of his mother in front of difficulties added to the way he was raised are the ultimate key to his psychological and emotional security. Even though he endured his demons and the self-destruction times, his inner voice spoke louder when danger approached him the most, and he could turn away, then make his choice. These other great artists lacked all that. Gerry is strong, and sure of himself... he was probably raised to accquire these virtues.

It is truly a beautiful life story so far!

xoxo Karin

#22 terezoulini

terezoulini

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,273 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

I agree with you Teresa!

However, I think we should point mostly that Gerry had an education with capital "E", and also is a very intelligent man - what may differ him from these catastrophical idol-personalities, meaning specially that a true talented person, like these great artists were for sure, doesn´t necessarily mean that they were intelligent - and mostly, due of the fact that Gerry came from a strong family where moral values are important and are present, according to what Gerry has ever said about his mother and her social posture towards her children and her condition as a divorced woman.

The strong and fearless attitude of his mother in front of difficulties added to the way he was raised are the ultimate key to his psychological and emotional security. Even though he endured his demons and the self-destruction times, his inner voice spoke louder when danger approached him the most, and he could turn away, then make his choice. These other great artists lacked all that. Gerry is strong, and sure of himself... he was probably raised to accquire these virtues.

It is truly a beautiful life story so far!

xoxo Karin

Great perpsective, Karin, I couldn't agree more. His education and family background are key factors to him keeping his sanity. Also the fact that he came into this business and fame relatively late in his life when he was older and wiser. It's good that he had a life before.

Theresa

#23 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,694 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

RedBulletin Feb 2012 promo video is on the Red Bulletin site here

Posted Image
and it appears it's available as a supplement included in newspapers
as listed in the end screencap Posted Image

and TheSundayLife (Northern Ireland)'s TWEET

I'm going to see if I can find a 'hard copy' we get the Sunday NY Daily News :D

The Miami Herald
Chicago Tribune
Houston Chronicle
Los Angeles Times
NY Daily News
The Irish Times
The Belfast Telegraphy
Saturday Star
Weekend Argus (Saturday Edition)
The INDEPENDENT on Saturday
The New Zealand Herald
Frankfurter Allgemeine
L'EQUIPE
Kuait Times
MILENIO
KLEINE-ZEITUNG
KURIER
Die Presse
Salzburgerger Nachrichten
DER STANDARD

#24 Rendita

Rendita

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,508 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Barb, I'm supposed to be receiving one from the UK, but don't have it yet. If you haven't found one by then, I will try to scan it for you. Ren

#25 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,694 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

:ty: Ren!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users