Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Paisleyscot : (21 October 2014 - 10:45 PM) Diana and Tori,
I have your new Siggy's ready for your! Siggy Thread HERE.
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 07:26 PM) Discussion thread: here
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 03:30 PM) Check out OnLocationVacations.com use the search or current location options :D
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) I would LOVE to somehow know ahead of time where in NOLA Gerry is filming & I would make a road trip there since I live in Louisiana!!!
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) :yahoo:
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:48 AM) Boss Bottled Gerard Butler Version 2-interview bit
http://xin.msn.com/e...74-6df39aeaf04e
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:45 AM) Gerry Hugo Boss Germany - Discussion thread
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:44 AM) @olv
(On Location Vacations)

Update: #Geostorm starring #GerardButler is filming at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans today

12:08 PM - 21 Oct 2014
@  BlueJean : (20 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Thanks, Barb..........love Gerry's Birthday siggy - a very handsome, sexy 45 he is, too!
@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 10:59 AM) BlueJean, someone may have sent you a PM and then changed their minds and deleted it...that's the only thing I can think of :D
@  BlueJean : (20 October 2014 - 09:56 AM) I have a notice that I have something new in my account - and there are no new messages.   What else could it be?  
@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 09:02 AM)

Posted Image

To contribute to Gerry's 45th Birthday gift to Mary's Meals: Paypal account:  GiftsInHonorOfGerardButler@gmail.com

more details here

@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 07:06 AM) Filming in Louisiana: Week of Oct. 20 - Geostorm, starring Gerard Butler, is filming around Loyola Ave and Girod St in New Orleans.
@  Lady Elissa : (20 October 2014 - 04:52 AM) Week 17 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post #186 for this week's info. http://www.gerardbut...=8#entry1522317
@  Diana D : (19 October 2014 - 05:27 PM) Everybody is so nice!!!! Thank you again!!!
@  Diana D : (19 October 2014 - 05:26 PM) :ty:
@  lugerry : (19 October 2014 - 07:45 AM) Welcome to GALS Diana D!
@  Paisleyscot : (18 October 2014 - 10:51 PM) Welcome Diana D! :welcome: Glad to have you here :claphands:
@  Lady Elissa : (18 October 2014 - 07:55 PM) :phantom: :wuv:
@  Lady Elissa : (18 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Lots of us are here because of Phantom of the Opera.

Photo

MASQUERADE Masks

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Being a native New Orleanian, Mardi Gras season is in my blood (for better or worse). Anyhoo, I just received an email promoting a sale on Mardi Gras masks. The prices range from 80 cents to $30. (There's even a cool Phantom mask which I've purchased for Big Mike! And LOTS of "Red Death-theme" masks from which to choose.:pointy:)

Here's a link to the main mask page. You can peruse the various categories from there.

See ye in Vegas, baby!

Spot

#2 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,913 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

:claphands:

Cool!!

And Pier One Imports has many nice ones, too...I checked 'em out 'in person' at the store in Danbury, CT, and they were very nice for price and quality, made in - Italy!

http://www.pier1.com.../0/Default.aspx

too bad I'm not able to go, I could have a Make a Mask workshop like I did at the first Con! I still have mine, which I love and display.

#3 framolamdu

framolamdu

Galavanting GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 3,368 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Divit Girl

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

There were gorgeous masks and I'm so tempted. Never know when you might find yourself at a Masquerade Ball!!! Thanks Holly

#4 ginnywhit

ginnywhit

Marek's Lady GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 461 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: ginnywhit, GinySassenach, Giny MacGregor

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Luckily I won a beautiful half mask last year....I will be wearing it. So much funQ!

#5 irish

irish

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 11,221 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: irish, Gerry's Irish Lass, Marek's Maiden

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image Holly and Barb!!! I thought about using the mask that I made at the first convention but than I looked at these masks and looked at my creation and thought....NOT! I couldn't make up my mind so I bought two (somebody shoot me)!

hugs,
Sue

#6 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,378 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Green-eyed GAL, Keeper of Erik's Masks, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've had trouble finding a mask, mainly because of my glasses. I can't see without them, and can't put a mask on over them, so I'm planning to use a "stick mask." I have a beautiful one I bought in New Orleans a couple of years ago, but it doesn't match my dress that I'm planning to wear, so I started looking for another one on ebay. So far, I've ordered 3 masks! :bonk: The first one arrived broken, so the dealer sent me another one that also arrived broken. :( I then, ordered another regular mask that I thought I could modify using the stick from one of the broken masks, but it didn't work. The mask is too heavy. Soooo I went back to ebay and have another stick mask on the way from a different dealer. I hope this one works out. I'll let ya know. :p

#7 Paisleyscot

Paisleyscot

Graphic Mod

• Mods
  • 7,364 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Galway Girl ~ Official Siggy Piggy ~ Paisley's Piggy

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image Holly and Barb!!! I thought about using the mask that I made at the first convention but than I looked at these masks and looked at my creation and thought....NOT! I couldn't make up my mind so I bought two (somebody shoot me)!

hugs,
Sue

:funnyup: That's my shopping buddy! I'm so proud!

#8 ginnywhit

ginnywhit

Marek's Lady GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 461 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: ginnywhit, GinySassenach, Giny MacGregor

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Being a native New Orleanian, Mardi Gras season is in my blood (for better or worse). Anyhoo, I just received an email promoting a sale on Mardi Gras masks. The prices range from 80 cents to $30. (There's even a cool Phantom mask which I've purchased for Big Mike! And LOTS of "Red Death-theme" masks from which to choose.:pointy:)

Here's a link to the main mask page. You can peruse the various categories from there.

See ye in Vegas, baby!

Spot

I didn't mean a half mask like Phantom wears, I meant a mask that only covers my eyes. Can not wait to see Mike in his Phantom mask...so glad he will be coming with you this year. YEA

#9 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,378 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Green-eyed GAL, Keeper of Erik's Masks, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

My new stick mask arrived today, and I'm happy to say it arrived in perfect condition and is a perfect color match for my dress! :yay:

Edited by Lady Elissa, 17 February 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#10 eptxgirl3

eptxgirl3

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 124 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Texas Vixen

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

I found my mask at Party City, it is a cool Peacock mask and matching fan! What is the attire for Friday, though? This is speaker night so I wasn't sure what to wear. Anyone out there give me a clue, please. Veronica

#11 dlsmilad

dlsmilad

Erik's Angel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 763 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

those are really nice

#12 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I found my mask at Party City, it is a cool Peacock mask and matching fan!

What is the attire for Friday, though? This is speaker night so I wasn't sure what to wear. Anyone out there give me a clue, please.

Veronica

"Business Casual" :)

#13 Isabeau

Isabeau

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,037 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerrymania Recruiter, Gerry's Strawberry Scoop, Dr. Billy, Evil Genius!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I wear glasses, too, so I was thinking that I would make a mask that attaches to them! I'll let everyone know how it goes, and if I like it, I'll post pictures for anyone else who wants to see. Issy

#14 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

I've used fishing line or floral wire to connect masks to my glasses in the past. (Masks usually have a type of "gauze material" to the back side that allows one to thread through it gently for such purposes.) I hope this helps.

#15 almadenannie

almadenannie

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,051 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Always Dreamin' GAL

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Since I wear glasses as well. I was thinking maybe a mask that I can tie on the top of my head ( say.. Just above eyes at forehead) kind of like a headband of sorts. Not really "masking" my face but part of the outfit just the same... Will see if it works LOL.. See you all soon Hugs

#16 kittypro

kittypro

Erik's Angel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 878 posts
  • Location:On the Treasure Trail, in the shadow of Attila's Pillar
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Thumbslot GAL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

I SO wish I could attend this year! But alas, not in the cards...

However, I can recommend another exceptional source for masks. I have actually purchased two masks from this guy myself at the Texas Renaissance Festival, and I can totally vouch for the workmanship and quality. These are pricey, but they are truly works of art. The artist manufactures them out of molded leather. They are individually hand painted and are extremely comfortable to wear. And he has some totally INCREDIBLE designs! Check out his website!

Mask Parade Website

These are the two masks I have purchased, and I plan to buy another when I visit the Renaissance Festival this fall. They are AWESOME!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 bermos

bermos

Erik's Angel GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 824 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Healing Hug GAL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have several masks, So I am bringing two, one I even created on my own. I truly cannot wait for the masquerade ball.

#18 Lady Elissa

Lady Elissa

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 17,378 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I bought several masks before I finally found the perfect one, but it won't work with glasses, so I'm gonna try to wear contact lenses for that night. I'll bring my glasses in case I have to take the lenses out. I can see pretty well without glasses, at least in my immediate area. Just don't expect me to see you wave at me from across the room! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users