Icon Announcements!

Posted Image

Posted ImageGerry's OFFICIAL Posted Image Find GALS at Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - YouTube - MySpace - Statigram & Instagram & Webstagram

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM) Added Stoick Character Poster Posted Image
@  becozy : (23 April 2014 - 12:28 PM) :seeyou: Posted Image Gerry rockin' some Lavishly Hip Chan Luu accessories
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 08:03 PM) 4/21 - Gerry at strictlyballroomthemusical
Posted Image Posted Image
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:35 PM) First 5 minutes of HTTYD2!video emeded in post
@  becozy : (21 April 2014 - 12:15 PM) Social Media Pics roundup from Weekend
@  sofietje : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 AM) Happy Easter everyone
@  zanyzombie : (20 April 2014 - 09:39 AM) Happy Easter!!
@  may : (20 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) :cheer: Happy Easter to all the Gals..
@  Paisleyscot : (19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM) Happy Easter to All!    Posted Image
@  shirsan : (19 April 2014 - 09:00 PM) HAPPY EASTER everyone.
@  Forbes girl : (19 April 2014 - 04:45 PM) Happy Easter to everyone! Remember the reason for the day!
@  BlueJean : (19 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) Wishing all of you a very blessed and happy Easter......with lotsa' hugs.
@  becozy : (18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM) BlueJean ;)
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:09 PM) I like that one too!!!!The story, all the cast, Gerard is so good, great, incredibly handsome!!!!
@  may : (18 April 2014 - 12:06 PM) just saw "Playing for Keeps" on TV and it was great!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:03 PM) Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter to all and Gerard!!! Enjoy your inner "Easter Bunny"!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (18 April 2014 - 12:02 PM) Hello! Ah, I love that movie so much!!!!! I've seen it many times, read the book, bought the DVD!!!!Gerard is so great in it!!!! I cry a "river" each time!!!!
@  BlueJean : (18 April 2014 - 10:49 AM) Barb - should I have said......."more, Gerry........more!"  instead of "more of Gerry"? Posted Image
@  lugerry : (17 April 2014 - 08:01 PM) Thank you Barb - Kathy was so right - you did make my day!
@  shirsan : (17 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) Happy Happy day with new pics of Gerry.

Photo

2/20 - Thunder Run to start filming May 1 In Baton Rouge

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,350 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Freedom Films' feature film Thunder Run starring Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington, and Matthew McConaughey will shoot May 1, 2012 to July 15, 2012 in Baton Rouge according to Louisiana Film and Television Board. Source

#2 FluffyCloud

FluffyCloud

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tillman's submissive girl

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Oh no. Permission to say I really don't like Matthew McConaughey......... ?!?! :( I've never liked a movie with him in it...... *good luck gerry* xxStephaniexx

#3 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,208 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Oh no. Permission to say I really don't like Matthew McConaughey......... ?!?! :(
I've never liked a movie with him in it...... *good luck gerry*

xxStephaniexx

You do remember he's worked with Gerry before. I liked him in Contact too with Jodi Foster who has also worked with Gerry. Ah, the circle of Hollywood! ;)

Delene

#4 rockamomma46

rockamomma46

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Yeah Matthew is a little arrogant but it's ok Gerry is one I'm going to see in this movie.. :pointy: Good Luck Gerry Love Myriel

#5 Lady Ski Bum

Lady Ski Bum

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 604 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Downhill Racer

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

I like Matthew M - he is a boy-o and not muy macho but he sure played against type in ROF or would it be RF or the dragon movie as I like to call it. He was great in Tropic Thunder! And he was perfect for the role in the Lincoln Lawyer. He is, of course, no Gerard Butler...

#6 FluffyCloud

FluffyCloud

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tillman's submissive girl

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Oh no. Permission to say I really don't like Matthew McConaughey......... ?!?! :(

xxStephaniexx

You do remember he's worked with Gerry before. I liked him in Contact too with Jodi Foster who has also worked with Gerry. Ah, the circle of Hollywood! ;)

Delene

Yeah in Reign of Fire....... or thats the only one i'm aware of. But I didnt like that movie. :-s

#7 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,208 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

xxStephaniexx

Delene

Yeah in Reign of Fire....... or thats the only one i'm aware of. But I didnt like that movie. :-s

I liked ROF OK but my fav character (besides Gerry, of course) was actually Alex (?), the chopper pilot! I do think Matthew's performance in that one was well done. Of course our Gerry was adorable as the lovable, self sacrificing, best buddy that everyone is bound to fall in love with just so he will get snuffed out, character.

I'm ao happy we've gotten some info on Thunder Run and anxious for it to start. I'm also anxious to see if Gerry is going to be a clean cut soldier in this. :salute: If he is and since the filming is in LA again, at least he wouldn't have to worry too much about his hair frizzing! :p

May the Gods of cinematic magic be smiling down! :bow: :drink:

Delene

#8 sweetquebecer

sweetquebecer

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: sweetquebecer

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

:wave: That's great news!!!! Josée

#9 lpbh25

lpbh25

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

xxStephaniexx

I thought he was good in Reign Of Fire - but that is just my opinion.

#10 Lady Ski Bum

Lady Ski Bum

Terry's Kinky GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 604 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Downhill Racer

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Spoiler alert! I remember sitting in the theater and at the point where Creedy rescues the children ...... (I won't say what happens next) .... and at that point the entire movie theater said Ohhhh Noooo! Gerry was an audience favorite even back then before he made the big time.

#11 Rendita

Rendita

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,501 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

I always just thought it was so sweet the way those 2 single men were looking out for all the children.......especially Creedy. .....and how can you NOT love that Star Wars scene. The little boy in the front was so cute. He was so enthralled in the story. Ren

#12 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,567 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Colorado Gal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

PLEASE!!! Just let this movie be one we can ALL see in a theater!!! BTW, I SO LOVE Creedy!!!! ~HUGS~ Kathy

#13 Rendita

Rendita

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,501 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

I love your sig Kathy. Gerry is such a good storyteller. He's just so funny. Ren

#14 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,567 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

I love your sig Kathy.

Gerry is such a good storyteller. He's just so funny.

Ren

Thanks, Ren! I know what you mean. Gerry once said his father was a great story teller. Gerry must have inherited that quality from his father. I love his stories; he has so many.

~HUGS~ Kathy

#15 shirsan

shirsan

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,997 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Southern Lady

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

PLEASE!!! Just let this movie be one we can ALL see in a theater!!! BTW, I SO LOVE Creedy!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

AMEN to that.
Love him absolutely,
Sandy

#16 Karin*

Karin*

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 141 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry´s Sunkissed Brazilian GAL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi Kathy!
Your siggy s just the cutest & original! Love it!
xoxo,
Karin

#17 lovetheeloquence

lovetheeloquence

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

This is exiciting news for the people down In Louisiana, indeed!

I have to say I feel a bit compelled to say a word or two in support and defense of Mathew M. In the past he has been bit of a nut and a player, but he's truly turned into a good father and is rumored to be a very nice person.

ALSO...from a performance perspective if you have not seen him as the lead in the film "A Time to Kill" then you have not witnessed without question the finest performance of his career. He's magnificent in that film, and it is a wonderful, wonderful film. In fact, it actually is on my list of top 10 best films. See it if you haven't, you'll love it. It has a fine cast.

I think these guys will have a great time filming together, and I look forward to seeing the result down the road.

That's all, just had to pop in. Gerry will always be the absolute best, of course. I'm just glad to see him continue to make new and different films...always keeps us on our toes!

Leslie
:wave:

#18 Karin*

Karin*

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 141 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry´s Sunkissed Brazilian GAL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

I like Matthew M - he is a boy-o and not muy macho but he sure played against type in ROF or would it be RF or the dragon movie as I like to call it. He was great in Tropic Thunder! And he was perfect for the role in the Lincoln Lawyer.

He is, of course, no Gerard Butler...

You are so right. Matthew McConaughey is a handsome dude, but he is SO not Gerry!

Poor hollywood leading men...there should be a breaking point on the cathegory: b.G.B. (before Gerard Butler) & a.G.B. (after Gerard Butler). They should as well take some lessons on "owning it" from our fave actorPosted Image

Love from Brazil.
Karin

#19 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,567 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hi Kathy!
Your siggy s just the cutest & original! Love it!
xoxo,
Karin

Hi Karin! :wave: Thanks for your kind words. Gerry makes siggy making so easy! He's such a character.

~HUGS~ Kathy

#20 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,748 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi Kathy - how's the sunshine there? Thought I'd mention to you that there's an art theater in Ft. Collins - Lyric Cafe Theater. They have told me they will show Coriolanus (short run) in March or April..................do you suppose????? BonnieBJ

#21 Forbes girl

Forbes girl

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 8,567 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi Kathy - how's the sunshine there? Thought I'd mention to you that there's an art theater in Ft. Collins - Lyric Cafe Theater. They have told me they will show Coriolanus (short run) in March or April..................do you suppose?????

BonnieBJ

:omg: They had better not show the movie before I get back home or you will hear me protest all the way from Florida!!! I won't be back until early April. :gah:

This has been the warmest and most perfect winter we have spent here in Florida. No complaints! :)

~HUGS~ Kathy

#22 lpbh25

lpbh25

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Spoiler alert!

I remember sitting in the theater and at the point where Creedy rescues the children ...... (I won't say what happens next) .... and at that point the entire movie theater said Ohhhh Noooo! Gerry was an audience favorite even back then before he made the big time.

I did the same - only I was at home, watching the DVD.

#23 Donna Jean

Donna Jean

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Bonnie Donna Jean

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

xxStephaniexx

Delene

He's OK, but I would never miss a movie with sweet Gerry Butler. He is good, Gerry that is in any movie he is in. We (our family has seen every movie Gerry Butler has made and also given his movies as gifts. Say you have a nice pix of Michael Crawford, he is delightful too. Haven't heard about Michael for a long time...how is he...My hubby and I liked him when he was singing The Phantom of the opera too. Then of course we saw Phantom in 2005 and have enjoyed Gerry Butler since there. Hope Michael is OK...hope he is well...Donna Jean and George and clan

Edited by Donna Jean, 27 February 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#24 Donna Jean

Donna Jean

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Bonnie Donna Jean

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Spoiler alert!

I remember sitting in the theater and at the point where Creedy rescues the children ...... (I won't say what happens next) .... and at that point the entire movie theater said Ohhhh Noooo! Gerry was an audience favorite even back then before he made the big time.

I did the same - only I was at home, watching the DVD.

I agree, my hubby and I watched every single movie Gerry made after we saw Phantom of the opera and gave his movies a long time ago as gifts and still continue to give them...even the last one with Katherine Heigl (UGLY TRUTH) loved it...of course strickly for adults, not young kids. But George and I have been adults for a long, long time and love Gerry B. So glad he is feeling better, than goodness.
:music: Donna Jean and George and clan I am set up to get Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus if they ever come on Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users