Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:31 AM) Glascow Celtics are playing today in Edimburg against Iceland!!!!!Go Celtics, go!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:28 AM) We all can't wait for your next movie projects as well as your new ad for "Hugo Boss Bottled"!!!!! Calm down Josée, must be the heatwave in Québec City!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:23 AM) Big kisses and big hugs to you Gerard!!!!! We love you so much!!!! We will never get enough!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (22 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!! Hope you are all doing fine!!!!!
@  BlueJean : (21 July 2014 - 09:51 AM) Thanks, Elissa!
@  Lady Elissa : (21 July 2014 - 08:48 AM) Oops! Week 4 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post 118 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1521038
@  Lady Elissa : (21 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) Week 4 of Gerry
@  bjbjmi : (20 July 2014 - 06:36 PM) I just read My Entertainment World site that Gerry will start filming Geostorm in New Orleans this October, but it will not be released until 2016.
@  SpartanFan : (20 July 2014 - 08:00 AM) Says hes as committed as he was in 300
@  SpartanFan : (20 July 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gerry talks working out and dieting for Gods Of Egypt https://www.dishnati...e-crumble-diet/
@  Lady Elissa : (20 July 2014 - 03:55 AM) Voting for this week in the Survivor Game ends tonight at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern time. See post 83 for list of characters and instructions. http://www.gerardbut...ic=46008&page=4
@  becozy : (19 July 2014 - 09:46 AM) a couple of Social Media pics from yesterday and today in thread starting with post here  :cup:
@  sweetquebecer : (18 July 2014 - 12:37 PM) "Boss Bottled" tv and print campaign this winter, www.business-standard.com
@  Forbes girl : (17 July 2014 - 10:24 PM) Great pictures, becozy!! :highfive:
@  becozy : (17 July 2014 - 09:07 PM) Posted Image 7/17 - HUGO BOSS Man of Today launch dinner
Posted ImageLondon - July 17, 2014
@  shirsan : (17 July 2014 - 08:09 PM) Gerry is looking GREAT. So glad he is having some fun between films. Love him absolutely.
@  becozy : (17 July 2014 - 08:43 AM) 7/17 - @GerardButler named Hugo Boss Parfums brand ambassador for its Boss Bottled fragrance
@  becozy : (15 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) Josée :metoyou: Gerry's sure keeping us busy with his 'adventures'...and yea for HTTYD2, it will have a huge Box Office take by the end of it's run to be sure.
@  sweetquebecer : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) So many and great pictures, I'll sleep at the Library, tell them I need more time to do a research about Scotland!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (15 July 2014 - 10:16 AM) Gals, you deserve "The World Cup" for all your hard work and dedication!!!!!!!! Good, job, high five!!! I think, I'm too "addicted" to soccer!!!!!!!

Photo

OF MEN AND MOTHER NATURE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

I've always been intrigued with how we humans believe we can control or beat Mother Nature! After skiing for years and living high up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, I learned a valuable lesson that no matter what you do, Mother Nature will prevail and do so long after you've moved on to lower, tamer grounds! So I was inspired by the feats of daring those who surf Mavericks, the battle between nature and humans! These people are like the "Top Gun" of surfers for sure, but sometimes unfortunately, they go down. Even though some have won, for now, some have not and you wonder if their day will come eventually if they keep challenging her. Even Gerry got a taste of the wrath! After Gerry's encounter, I was inspired to express what Mother Nature might be thinking, if she could, when she see's those tiny humans on sticks daring her with their sport! OF MEN AND MOTHER NATURE Who are these men of Mavericks be? How dare they challenge the likes of me! And ride my wave as if theyíre fit Then boast with whims to conquer it! Iíve raise a blow with crushing speed! My fist of fury they never heed! Knowing not their fate's within my hand Less significant then a grain of sand! Let me show them whoís the bigger one! With white capped swells from moon to sun! They, with egos too big for their souls, I laugh at their folly too wild for their goals! May they all be damned! Such insanity! And brought down to their knees with humility! By the grace of GodĎs might and divinity Iíll remind them of their fragile humanity! Even those wise enough to stay on land Soon witness my wrath, when too closely they stand My amusement to watch as they scramble around As my mighty hand raises then crashes back down! So go tell your tale of some manmade glory! Laugh at my might as part of your story! Then brag of your feats, cursed be your fate! Youíll realize your foolishness when itís too late! For it is I who will win long after youíve gone With my moon and my stars and my sea with itís song My legacy holds no love for your plight! You are nothing to me and will not win this fight!. So, catch my wave and ride it high And make believe youíve touched my sky! Iíll allow you to think that youíve beaten me Then long hold you down beneath MY sea! Mavericks they call it, for their sporting games In some act of ownership erroneous claims Of human prowess over Natureís rule Will rue the day when proven them fool! Delene

#2 GBPhanatic

GBPhanatic

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 6,214 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Mr. B's Lyrical Lady

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

:bump1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users