Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (25 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) Posted Image
@  BlueJean : (25 November 2014 - 01:53 PM) (cont'd) find a turkey icon, so a toast to Gorgeous Gerry and his Gals!
@  BlueJean : (25 November 2014 - 01:52 PM) Happy Thanksgiving, Gals - Everyone have big plans?? :Gerritas: :goodjob: Can't
@  Lady Elissa : (24 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Instructions for the Survivor game have changed for the final weeks of the game. Please read post #48!http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46236&page=2#entry1523126
@  Lady Elissa : (24 November 2014 - 09:13 AM) Week 22 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is ready. Only six men remain! See post #48. http://www.gerardbut...=2#entry1523126
@  Lady Elissa : (24 November 2014 - 09:12 AM) Week 22 of the Gerry
@  becozy : (24 November 2014 - 07:50 AM)

Posted Image

@  BlueJean : (23 November 2014 - 06:17 AM) Happy Birthday, toriblair - many happy returns!    :presents:
@  becozy : (22 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) 11/21Congrats Jennifer St. Giles! THE MISTRESS OF TREVELYAN is #1 in Kindle Romance/Gothic!
@  Diana D : (22 November 2014 - 09:10 PM) Toriblair....Happy Birthday girl.....!!! :bounce:
@  becozy : (22 November 2014 - 08:40 PM) :bday: toriblair!
@  Diana D : (21 November 2014 - 11:19 PM) :phantom:
@  Diana D : (21 November 2014 - 11:16 PM) :music: You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night
@  Paisleyscot : (20 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #8 Gerard Butler
Thread HERE
@  becozy : (20 November 2014 - 09:06 PM) Gerry is one of Peoples “Hottest Guys from Around the World”
@  sweetquebecer : (20 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) :omg:  I Wonder if Gerard is among 208 hottest and sexiest men 2014 People magazine's list????? On newsstands, with Chris Hemsworth on the cover, he's this year's Sexiest man alive!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (20 November 2014 - 10:54 AM) :clap: Hello!!!! Yes, you're right, I'm having fun enjoying GALS and Gerry!!!!! By the way, congratulations for the new look, really love it!!!! That means, more "addicted" than ever!!!!!! Good job, high five!!!!!
@  Diana D : (19 November 2014 - 09:13 PM) Josee, I do love reading your shout-outs!!! :crack:
@  becozy : (19 November 2014 - 01:48 PM) :wave: Josee! You are having fun enjoying GALS and Gerry ;)
@  sweetquebecer : (19 November 2014 - 01:17 PM) :pantingheart:  :hotnew: Big kisses and big hugs to you Gerard, from all your fans!!!!! We love you so much!!!!XXXX

Photo

THE SCOTTISH PRISONER

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Shamrock Lady, Gerry's Shamrock siggy piggy

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

It's been time enough for readers to finish THE SCOTTISH PRISONER by Diana Gabaldon.

Would love to start a discussion here for those who have completed it and there will be spoilers here so readers be aware of that.

I will start off with some thoughts.

I liked that the book was about 1/2 Jamie Fraser and 1/2 Lord John. (Would have LOVED it more if it was ALL Jamie but there has to be a story too.) Lord John has grown on me as I read more about him. His character (and his feeling for Jamie) are more developed in THE SCOTTISH PRISONER.

Want to share some of your thoughts, drawings, etc.? Join in and share.

:hugs: to all

Diane

I drew this picture of Jamie after I read the book. It represents a young Jamie once again headed home to the safe haven of love and comfort at his home Lallybroch.

Posted Image

#2 Arwen

Arwen

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,328 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Diane I have only read part way of this book, I am on to Chapter 18 of the story which as you so rightly say is half Jamie and half Lord John. I like you would have preferred all Jamie and I found it a bit hard going at the very beginning, but I must admit the more I read the more I am enjoying the two of them together. I love you picture of young Jamie, well done. Will be back when I read some more. Hugs June

#3 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,438 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm not reading the book - but I'm looking forward to your discussions about Jamie and Clare. Like your drawing of young Jamie, Diane. Very good! BonnieBJ

#4 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

:thankyou: June and Bonnie BJ, glad you like my sketch of Gerry as a young Jamie Fraser. I liked that Jamie encounters another Irish guy other than Stephen Bonnet in this adventure. Quinn is quite annoying and persistent but he has his agenda and cause, after all. What did you think of him? Anyone else reading this book please join us in discussion. Slainte, Diane

#5 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

:wave:

I thought you might like to see this graphic I created using photobucket tools. This song from the Twilight movie Breaking Dawn (I think) fits the theme of Claire in the present missing Jamie and Jamie in the past missing his beloved.

Diane

click to enlarge

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users