Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Diana D : (22 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Cheryl, wonderful siggys & avis. Thank you!!!! :thewoman:
@  Paisleyscot : (22 October 2014 - 04:43 PM) Thanks Kathy! Fun getting back into it!
@  Forbes girl : (22 October 2014 - 04:02 PM) Beautiful siggys, Cheryl!! Drool-worthy, for sure!!! :bouncydrool:
@  Paisleyscot : (21 October 2014 - 10:45 PM) Diana and Tori,
I have your new Siggy's ready for your! Siggy Thread HERE.
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 07:26 PM) Discussion thread: here
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 03:30 PM) Check out OnLocationVacations.com use the search or current location options :D
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) I would LOVE to somehow know ahead of time where in NOLA Gerry is filming & I would make a road trip there since I live in Louisiana!!!
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) :yahoo:
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:48 AM) Boss Bottled Gerard Butler Version 2-interview bit
http://xin.msn.com/e...74-6df39aeaf04e
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:45 AM) Gerry Hugo Boss Germany - Discussion thread
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:44 AM) @olv
(On Location Vacations)

Update: #Geostorm starring #GerardButler is filming at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans today

12:08 PM - 21 Oct 2014
@  BlueJean : (20 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Thanks, Barb..........love Gerry's Birthday siggy - a very handsome, sexy 45 he is, too!
@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 10:59 AM) BlueJean, someone may have sent you a PM and then changed their minds and deleted it...that's the only thing I can think of :D
@  BlueJean : (20 October 2014 - 09:56 AM) I have a notice that I have something new in my account - and there are no new messages.   What else could it be?  
@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 09:02 AM)

Posted Image

To contribute to Gerry's 45th Birthday gift to Mary's Meals: Paypal account:  GiftsInHonorOfGerardButler@gmail.com

more details here

@  becozy : (20 October 2014 - 07:06 AM) Filming in Louisiana: Week of Oct. 20 - Geostorm, starring Gerard Butler, is filming around Loyola Ave and Girod St in New Orleans.
@  Lady Elissa : (20 October 2014 - 04:52 AM) Week 17 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is up and running. See post #186 for this week's info. http://www.gerardbut...=8#entry1522317
@  Diana D : (19 October 2014 - 05:27 PM) Everybody is so nice!!!! Thank you again!!!
@  Diana D : (19 October 2014 - 05:26 PM) :ty:
@  lugerry : (19 October 2014 - 07:45 AM) Welcome to GALS Diana D!

Photo

THE SCOTTISH PRISONER

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Shamrock Lady, Gerry's Shamrock siggy piggy

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

It's been time enough for readers to finish THE SCOTTISH PRISONER by Diana Gabaldon.

Would love to start a discussion here for those who have completed it and there will be spoilers here so readers be aware of that.

I will start off with some thoughts.

I liked that the book was about 1/2 Jamie Fraser and 1/2 Lord John. (Would have LOVED it more if it was ALL Jamie but there has to be a story too.) Lord John has grown on me as I read more about him. His character (and his feeling for Jamie) are more developed in THE SCOTTISH PRISONER.

Want to share some of your thoughts, drawings, etc.? Join in and share.

:hugs: to all

Diane

I drew this picture of Jamie after I read the book. It represents a young Jamie once again headed home to the safe haven of love and comfort at his home Lallybroch.

Posted Image

#2 Arwen

Arwen

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Diane I have only read part way of this book, I am on to Chapter 18 of the story which as you so rightly say is half Jamie and half Lord John. I like you would have preferred all Jamie and I found it a bit hard going at the very beginning, but I must admit the more I read the more I am enjoying the two of them together. I love you picture of young Jamie, well done. Will be back when I read some more. Hugs June

#3 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,341 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm not reading the book - but I'm looking forward to your discussions about Jamie and Clare. Like your drawing of young Jamie, Diane. Very good! BonnieBJ

#4 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

:thankyou: June and Bonnie BJ, glad you like my sketch of Gerry as a young Jamie Fraser. I liked that Jamie encounters another Irish guy other than Stephen Bonnet in this adventure. Quinn is quite annoying and persistent but he has his agenda and cause, after all. What did you think of him? Anyone else reading this book please join us in discussion. Slainte, Diane

#5 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

:wave:

I thought you might like to see this graphic I created using photobucket tools. This song from the Twilight movie Breaking Dawn (I think) fits the theme of Claire in the present missing Jamie and Jamie in the past missing his beloved.

Diane

click to enlarge

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users