Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Toriblair89 : (23 October 2014 - 09:37 PM) Could someone please help me with uploading my siggy? :)
@  Diana D : (23 October 2014 - 03:54 PM) @sweetquebecer You sound like a lot of fun!!! Are you sure you're not reading my mind? lol :sosilly:
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:27 AM) My "inner satellite" is a bit crazy!!!!! No Wonder it's so windy in Québec City today!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:25 AM) May I kiss the computer's screen!!! You have no idea how much I want to kiss it!!!!!! It belongs to me!!!! I wish it was true!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:21 AM) :marek:  Gerard, you make our day!!!!!! OMG!!!!! André Marek!!!!!! Come over here!!!!!!! Calm down Josée!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:19 AM) Long life to "Gerard Butler Gals"!!!! Good job, high five!!!! You make our day!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:14 AM) :workout: :tens:  Swooning over and over again!!!! I love it, my favorite thing!!!!!! These gorgeous eyes, this great smile, everything!!!!! Stop it Josée!!! Behave!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 11:10 AM) :woohoo: Big kisses and big hugs to you Gerard from all your fans, we love you so much!!!!!! XXXXX
@  sweetquebecer : (23 October 2014 - 09:48 AM) :) :highfive:  Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!!!
@  becozy : (23 October 2014 - 07:17 AM) Gerry's in LA but shooting has commenced on Geostorm:
@Fizzhogg 
...in Nola Friday? Come by the set. We're shooting all night. #geostorm
2:59 PM - 22 Oct 2014
@  Diana D : (22 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Cheryl, wonderful siggys & avis. Thank you!!!! :thewoman:
@  Paisleyscot : (22 October 2014 - 04:43 PM) Thanks Kathy! Fun getting back into it!
@  Forbes girl : (22 October 2014 - 04:02 PM) Beautiful siggys, Cheryl!! Drool-worthy, for sure!!! :bouncydrool:
@  Paisleyscot : (21 October 2014 - 10:45 PM) Diana and Tori,
I have your new Siggy's ready for your! Siggy Thread HERE.
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 07:26 PM) Discussion thread: here
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 03:30 PM) Check out OnLocationVacations.com use the search or current location options :D
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) I would LOVE to somehow know ahead of time where in NOLA Gerry is filming & I would make a road trip there since I live in Louisiana!!!
@  Diana D : (21 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) :yahoo:
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:48 AM) Boss Bottled Gerard Butler Version 2-interview bit
http://xin.msn.com/e...74-6df39aeaf04e
@  becozy : (21 October 2014 - 09:45 AM) Gerry Hugo Boss Germany - Discussion thread

Photo

Good anti-virus / anti spyware programs.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah

Sarah

Perviest Moderator

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 5,624 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Dirty Perv Peach GAL- Grrrrrrrr.

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

OK - what do you guys use? I saw Barbara's post over on gb.net. I have been meaning to ask for a while. I already have AdAware.

#2 becozy

becozy

Miss Congeniality Admin

• Admins
  • 16,917 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: The Lady VonKinkilla

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

Hi, Sarah! I can't recommend Spyware Blaster and Zone Alarm highly enough. They are simple to download, easy to use and really work beautifully! They prevent any yucky's from tapping in, firewall style! Hugs, Barb

#3 Brittmyster

Brittmyster

Creedy's Firey GAL

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Southern Faerie Lass; Creedy's Southern Daisy GAL

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

Dont know if anyone's heard of this one but avast!Antivirus is really good. It downloads anything on your computer. It even detected a virus in a music file that I was trying to download. It's free; and it'll let you know when you have to re-download it. Once you register, or re-register, you get a new code that is good for 14 months. It's really nice. Hope it helps!

#4 Starr

Starr

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: MidknightStarr GAL

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

I really like Avast!Antivirus also! I haven't had any issues with trojans and viruses since I've had it :)

#5 Kimber71

Kimber71

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Adorkable, Sarcasm as my second language GAL

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:20 PM

:claphands: I have Avast as well....just got it the other day...I just got Vista, and Mcaffee was slowing everything, and not allowing alot of my programs to run proper, I heard of Avast, and my system runs so smoothly, and way fast!

#6 Hollywood

Hollywood

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Banned
  • 1,105 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

I use: Ad-Aware Spybot Avast! Ccleaner

#7 pinkbrain

pinkbrain

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Here's my experience:

I use NOD32, the Internet Security one, not only the antivirus. The NOD32 Internet Security version has: antivirus, antispyware, personal firewall, and an antispam module (in case you use an email client for example Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc)
It's really fast and has a very good heuristic. This means, that the software will resolve a problem, such as an infection, faster than others. You can update it when you desire it, or you can set it so the software does it automatically, in my case cos' I'm a paranoid person, the update is every hour.
Now, the weakness that I find in this antivirus is the computer scan, when you want to scan your hard disk, you have to start it manually every time, there's no setting here, so if you forget to do it manually, your computer will never be scan. This is annoying for me, because with my older antivirus I could set the software scan starts at night when I don't use my pc. You all must know that during the scan stage your pc's performace will be very slow, this happend because all the RAM in your pc is being use for the antivirus software.

My older antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), KIS has the same modules that NOD32 Internet Security (antivirus, antispayware, firewall and antispam module). The heuristic is not so good as in NOD32, but the full scan disk is the best in my opinion, is really full scan. You can set it to do automatically every day, every week or once every month. It's up to you. Kaspersky software also has an antivirus version (KAV). KAV is ligther than KIS, but is not that complete.
I still have KIS on my computer, but NOT as resident protection, only for full scan and I turn on KIS manually when I suspect I have an infection that NOD32 can't eliminate it, otherwise the only resident antivirus I have is NOD32.

You can only have one antivirus as resident protection in your system, but can have as many antispyware, firewall software as you wish.

Also have: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy (antispyware), Norton Clean Sweep (registry cleaner, this one must be use it carefully, any change in you registry key could break your system and you'd lose all your data), and of course, the safest browser I find (until I switch to Linux/Ubuntu) wich is Firefox.
On Firefox I've install two "must have" addons: CookieSafe and No Script. The first one avoids that when I'm surfing the net, certain sites safes their cookies locally so they follow my tracks on the net, spying me; the other one, No Script, avoids that sites that has malicious scripts can do or change things on my system. I have greasemonkey addon on Firefox too with a few google mail scripts, this allows me to work with certain sites with special attributes, for example I can input emoticons and a html signature in my google mail account.
Sorry ladies about my english, I've just woke up (oversleep taking a nap) and haven't drank a coffee yet. Posted Image

#8 aqcheryl

aqcheryl

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: aqcheryl

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:51 AM

I always advise AVG Free (free.grisoft.com) for antivirus
Spybot S&D for antispyware.

Whenever you download anything from an untrusted site, be it music, .exe, text, graphics, scan the file before use. Especially if you p2p. I stay away from .wma files when searching for music.

Advanced users use
CCleaner - whenever you edit the registry always always back up the registry first.
Hijack This - you can get this off of the TrendMicro website - very advanced

I also use WinPatrol (referred from cbvixen/mystiglenn) because it monitors your PC for changes made to it, and allows you to edit the start up tasks, etc. Though I still prefer msconfig.

#9 MarineGal

MarineGal

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Elsa

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

I hardly ever do a virus check on my Mac since its mainly used for drawing and work stuff. Rarely do I surf the net on it. For the work PC we use a combination of Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot, and Norton. Its also wise to always do a Disk Cleanup, Defrag, and clean out your desktop Mail (should you have Outlook). On top of that always back up your information on an external hard drive just in case your main drive fries.

Edited by MarineGal, 17 February 2009 - 12:29 PM.

#10 Wadi-Al-lubb

Wadi-Al-lubb

OneTwo's Gangsta GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,001 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Jackie Jr.'s Scorpion Tattoo: King Leo's flip flop girl: Guard of the Wolf Fang: Sparta's Molon Lave Girl

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

I had Norton at first but I did research and found it leaves a large foot print on your system and slows your pc down I find using firefox browser helps eliminate a lot of spyware or none at all with IE that was a different story

#11 scotsmanstuart

scotsmanstuart

Movie Diggin' PAL

• Mods
  • 1,441 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

hi all,

I use firefox then for protection I have Avast but had AVG before that. I also use ad aware.

#12 Tap

Tap

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 4,453 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Leo's Sparta Queen & Gerry's Galway Girl

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

This is some good info, I just downloaded AdAware. You would not believe how much crap it detected and deleted. Thanks! :wave:

#13 hidden warrior

hidden warrior

PALS poster

• PALS
  • 717 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Hidden Warrior

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

i know a lot of computer gamers and they all use avast, ad aware, and cc cleaner. it is fast easy and most importantly free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users