Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  heISmyGspot : (28 July 2014 - 03:00 PM) I've uploaded pix taken by Photog Micael at the PJ Party: http://gbgalsgallery...egasPJ/Michael/
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 12:30 PM) :gotgals: right???
@  BlueJean : (28 July 2014 - 12:14 PM) Exactly, Kathy!   Exactly!  :multicigs:
@  Forbes girl : (28 July 2014 - 11:32 AM) Holy Cow, that picture!!! :multicigs:
@  becozy : (28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM) Posted Image Facebook pic...get ready...younger Gerry rockin' some long wavy hair!
@  Lady Elissa : (28 July 2014 - 07:53 AM) Week 5 is up and running. See post 145 for deets. http://www.gerardbut...=6#entry1521129
@  Lady Elissa : (27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM) Voting for this week in the Gerry Character Survivor Game ends tonight at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern. See post #118 for list of characters and instructions for voting. http://www.gerardbut...=5#entry1521038
@  BlueJean : (27 July 2014 - 05:31 AM) Thanks, Gals, for the Happy Galsversary wishes......it has been grand - and so much fun.   It's also wonderful to see Gerry still such an "attraction" - and success.  
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:52 PM) I'm not sure how many years I have been here, but they all been GRAND. I love Gals and I love Gerry absolutely. Sandy
@  shirsan : (26 July 2014 - 11:51 PM) Happy Galaversay Blue Jean.
@  Forbes girl : (26 July 2014 - 02:52 PM) Hey Bonnie "BlueJean"! Happy 7 years Galsversary! We have both been here for 7 years. Isn't it GRAND! :D
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:05 PM) Kisses and hugs to you Gerard, from all your devoted fans!!!! XXXXX
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM) Time to spend many hours on "Gerard Butler Gals!!!! Looking at "Hugo Boss" print ad!!!!!!! Hope to see it in "Elle Québec"!!!!!
@  sweetquebecer : (25 July 2014 - 12:01 PM) Hello everyone, hello Gerard!!!!! We love you very much!!!!!
@  becozy : (25 July 2014 - 06:17 AM) Posted ImagePrint Ad thread for comments
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 09:23 AM)   7/24 - Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!Posted Image
@  becozy : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) 7/24 - Skyscrapers are rising for London Has Fallen
@  becozy : (23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM) Posted Image
Insane Tuesday Night at Project with my gang... Jordan Rocca, Ariel Vromen, Gerarld Butler. Rocking London! — with Jordan Rocca and Gerard Butler. Source Thread here

@  Arwen : (23 July 2014 - 01:29 AM) https://www.google.c...-a&channel=fflb
@  Arwen : (23 July 2014 - 01:29 AM) Hi Shirsan, this page should give you different varieties of Apple crumble,

Photo

A Breath of Snow and Ashes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Football Princess

Football Princess

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,807 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Dr. Football Princess GAL

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:19 PM

The latest in the series. Please Diana, don't leave it here!

#2 phantomtp

phantomtp

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

I just finished this book, and I must say, it was one of her best. I won't give anything away to those who haven't read it yet, but would to talk to those who have... I have questions!!!!

I love you, James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser :hearts:

#3 Dawn

Dawn

Cassius' Roman GAL

• Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Spanked and Loving it Gal

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:17 PM

She's not leaving it there!!!!

#4 Adoring

Adoring

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Everything's Better With Butler GAL

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

Dawn is correct. Diana Gabaldon is not leaving it there. She has said that she expects to end the Jaime and Claire stories in approximately 1800. I thought we decided that this is a discussion on the books and that those proceeding do so with the understanding that there will be SPOILERS. Am I correct?

#5 zanyzombie

zanyzombie

Mad for Marek MOD

• Mods
  • 23,759 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's New Hampshire, Mad for Marek GAL

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Yes, that's correct Lisa. Thanks for the info GALS. Why should she end it at all?..*sniff*

#6 touchmetrustme

touchmetrustme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Mods
  • 6,673 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:57 AM

Well, I finally caught up with Diana's writing and have finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It is an extremely emotional ride... OMG... My opinion is that this is one of the best books in the series. Outlander, being the first, was the attention-getter that demanded that I read the entire series. All were good reads or I probably would have lost interest, but Snow and Ashes was just really special. These characters seem like family to me now and I am going to be so lonesome for them between now and next year when #7 comes out!

#7 raina snow

raina snow

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 14,500 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: attila's lady in waiting, Mareks side by side gal, the phantom's GAL

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

I just finished A breath of Snow and Ashes and now I can't wait for the next one Jamie Frasier boy is he hot so is his wife she is perrrfect for him. I love the way he loves her. Betts

#8 Gemmie

Gemmie

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Members
  • 1,397 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:05 PM

I read DG say somewhere that there would be two more books on Jamie and Claire - for a total of 8 - so we still have some adventures to share with them. I agree with all of you - I have to remind myself that Jamie and Claire are not real people. That is the true magic of Diana's writing. For me, her characters actually breathe.

#9 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,606 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

:bump: for A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Hi Everyone! It's been awhile since any of us have discussed these books so I thought we could give the threads a bit of a nudge.

As I posted in the new Outlander thread, if you're reading the thread for each particular book, expect spoilers for that book so you might want to finish first. If you haven't read it yet, don't get upset if you find spoilers. However, if you've read the later books, please don't discuss them outside of their own threads just as a courtesy for those that haven't read that far. :kisswink: I'll include links for each of the books for those that are interested.

Some of the threads have our previous discussions but I thought it would be fun to include them if you're interested.

So have fun discussing A Breath of Snow and Ashes! :wave:

Links:

Book #1 Outlander (Cross Stitch)

Book #2 Dragonfly in Amber

Book #3 Voyager

Book #4 Drums of Autumn

Book #5 The Fiery Cross

Book #6 A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Book #7 An Echo in the Bone Excerpts only at this time

#10 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Shamrock Lady, Gerry's Shamrock siggy piggy

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for this thread for discussing ABOSAA. I have read A BREATH OF SNOW AND ASHES twice now and I found the CDs of Recorded Books at my library and am almost to the end of the 48 discs. LOL, you could say I am a FANatic about Diana Gabaldon's OUTLANDER saga. I fell in love with Jamie Fraser about 2 years ago and have been through all the books several times! I really have enjoyed listening to the CDs narrated by Davina Porter. She does a really good Jamie Fraser voice. You should give this a listen. Hugs Diane

#11 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,606 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

I've heard Davina Porter's reading of "A Fiery Cross." Simply heaven. I hadn't realized she'd done all the books though. She really is fabulous. Thanks for letting us know! :wave: I'm really looking forward to reading this one. Now, if only I was a speed reader... :lol:

#12 JUDE

JUDE

The Stranger's Vanilla GAL

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Seasoned GAL

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

I've been stuck on Drums of Autumn seems like forever! I just can't get through it but others that have read it have said to stick with it. Hopefully, I'll be able to move on with the remaining books in the Outlander series. I know DG will be releasing a new book in the next year so I hope to be caught up and ready for that one!

I started reading Lisa See's novels and have enjoyed them very much. Check them out, if you're interested.

JUDE

#13 NicoleD

NicoleD

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

I love these books, and I have read them all several times in the past 2 years. I've pre-ordered the new one - which I believe is coming out sometime in September...cannot wait!

#14 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,804 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

I've never re-read a book in my life! However, with the knowledge that Echo will be on the shelves 9/22, I decided to give it another swirl since her books are so detailed. I was completely gobsmacked to find myself enjoying Outlander even MORE the second time! (It really inspired me when bidding on the signed copy that Ms. Gabaldon generously donated to the Convention this year! :lol: )

I'm currently about half-way through Breath and trying to pace myself so that I finish close to the release date of Echo so that I don't have to wait too long. I can easily say that Outlander and Breath are my favorites of the series so far.

The last time I finished the series (as I was able to read all 6 back-to-back) I literally felt like friends moved and didn't tell me how to get in touch with them. I'd find myself at the end of the day (when I usually read) expected to go "talk" with Jamie and Claire, only to suddenly recall they were gone! :sad:

Don't remember EVER waiting for something so excitedly for FOUR years!

#15 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,606 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

The last time I finished the series (as I was able to read all 6 back-to-back) I literally felt like friends moved and didn't tell me how to get in touch with them. I'd find myself at the end of the day (when I usually read) expected to go "talk" with Jamie and Claire, only to suddenly recall they were gone! :sad:

Don't remember EVER waiting for something so excitedly for FOUR years!

Get outta my head, Holly! That was why I didn't want the series to come to end with that book. So, if I didn't read it, their story wasn't over. :lol: I know I've missed out on something special so I promise to get all the way through the series this time around. I'm so looking forward to reading them all again. *sigh*

#16 Spartandax

Spartandax

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Beloved Forever

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

For two months I sat and waited for Book six from the library, until I checked the list of the names I had written down, and realized I had asked for book 7, "An Echo in the Bone." Fortunately it was still on hold, and I was able to get "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" almost right away.
I will say that I have enjoyed all her books, but the first two are the ones that have me captive. :menkilt: The reason is Scotland and Jamie, and the love they have for each other is so beautiful in these two books, with not too much about others.
I did not care as much for this one, although I did read it. mainly not because it did not like the sotry or the writing. She is terrific. But too much time was spent on Bree and Roger, who just don't affect me the same way as Jamie and Claire do. :wuv: Their love is so special, I just want to read about them. I would have made some of the stories in this book and the next, which I am reading about the others, and concentrating on sexy Jamie :drool: I just love him, which says a lot for Diana's writing, and readhead men are not my thing. The darker the better for hair for me. Which is why the Phantom :phantom2: holds my heart.
Some of the more graphic descriptions of people sick and dying get to me a bit. She sure knows how to tell them, expecially the dead family they found. Awful. I am not reading book 7 and still think this love story is one of the most special I have ever read.
Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users