Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Jiko : (25 October 2014 - 10:52 PM) Thank you Kathy :thankyou: :rose: :hugs: Jindra
@  Forbes girl : (25 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) Happy Birthday, Jindra "Jiko". :bday: :presents:
@  Toriblair89 : (25 October 2014 - 08:18 PM) Paisleyscot, yes it works! Thank you so much! I appreciate it! And I'll read through the "how to" as well.
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Dayna will be updating the Forum...if we go 'dark' or wonky for a bit, that will be the reason! :rose:
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 06:49 PM) Elissa, there is a glitch somewhere! I'll pass this on to Dayna. So Sorry for the problem!
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 04:12 PM) Make that "as a protected forum" Doesn't ask for a password, just says the access denied message and contact administrator.
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 04:08 PM) It shows a protected forum on the main list of topics.
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 04:06 PM) Barb, here's what I got when I clicked your shoutbox link:Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]
You do not have permission to view this forum.
@  Paisleyscot : (25 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) I have your Avis up Tori! Let me know if those are what you wanted.
Here's a link to all the "How To" stuff on GALS.  Very helpful to read through :D
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 02:46 PM) Tori am going to ask a graphics mod to help you!
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 02:45 PM) Elissa...that is strange! Direct link: http://www.gerardbut...showtopic=46194
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 02:41 PM) Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Gerry's Captain America costume for Halloween!
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 09:29 AM) For some reason, I can't get into Gerry's birthday giving thread. Says it's a protected forum and I'm not authorized to view it. Anyone else having same problem?
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 08:52 AM) Yes, Tori. Post the name you want on the thread and one of the Mods will add it to the list. http://www.gerardbut...ic=27201&page=2
@  Toriblair89 : (25 October 2014 - 08:10 AM) Are newbies bestowed a GALS/PAL name?
@  Toriblair89 : (25 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) @Becozy I sent you a PM with my pic links just incase. Take your time. No rush!!! ��
@  becozy : (24 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Gerard Butler: icon of Masculinity Esquire, MX 
Posted Image   Posted Image     Posted Image
@  Lady Elissa : (24 October 2014 - 05:47 PM) Anyone else want to vote in the Gerry Character Survivor Game this week? :confused: Remember, voting ends Sunday at 8pm Pacific, 10pm Central, and 11pm Eastern. It's a tight race this week, folks! ;) See post 186 for this week's deets. http://www.gerardbut...ic=46093&page=8
@  Diana D : (24 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) My daughter to me---"It's about time for a Phantom night!!!" :phantom:
@  becozy : (24 October 2014 - 01:48 PM) if the code you paste has 'original' at the end...remove that and it should work! If not send me the PB links and I will add them for you! :D

Photo

Diana Gabaldon Website

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 zanyzombie

zanyzombie

Mad for Marek MOD

• Mods
  • 23,763 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's New Hampshire, Mad for Marek GAL

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hey, everyone! Check this out!

I happened to be looking over her web site today and she even mentions Gerry.

DianaGabaldon.com

Outlander Movie Casting

OK, look. If and when anything official happens in terms of a movie being made, I assure you that you will be the first to know about it. Meanwhile, I don't myself have any ideas regarding casting of this hypothetical movie, since I already know what Jamie and Claire look like (and no, Jamie does not look anything at all like either Martin Henderson or David Wenham. If you crossed Gerard Butler with Jason Flemyng, you'd be close; that's all I can say).

#2 gerrynutsnap

gerrynutsnap

Leo's Leather Thong GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Gutter Hotel Room Reservations GAL, Gerry's PSILY yellow fuzzy galway girl scene Gal

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:19 PM

That's it Zany!! God I love Jason!! :hubba: I knew a guy who was the split of him Yummy!! Thanks for the post!! xx

#3 phantomtp

phantomtp

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:37 AM

How about Matthew Goode for Roger? Yum!

Posted Image

#4 Adoring

Adoring

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Everything's Better With Butler GAL

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

Can't some of you verra verra clayvair (clever) GALS create a photo manip thing and come up with a cross between our beloved Gerry and this Jason guy? I've started re-reading the books. I've missed Jamie and Claire. SIGHHHH.

#5 zanyzombie

zanyzombie

Mad for Marek MOD

• Mods
  • 23,763 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:39 PM

I was taking a peek over Diana's web site and noticed where people have offered
or donated pictures to who they think some of the characters could be.

Well, I noticed the picture of Gerry (as Jamie) and it isn't a very good one of him.

So, I emailed Diana a picture of Gerry. A Martin Pope head shot.
The one in my siggy.

This was her reply...

Dear Suzanne--

I don't actually write romances <smile>, but I'm glad you've been enjoying OUTLANDER (this is the only one of my novels that has anything of a classic romance structure). I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the books in the series, which carry on the story of Jamie and Claire. I like romances, but a modern romance is strictly a courtship story; the story is over when the hero and heroine come together. I really wasn't interested in writing the same kind of story over and over--but _was_ very interested in what it takes for people to be married over the course of a long time. To say nothing of the political, social, and geographical movements of the last half of the eighteenth century. <g>

Anyway, thanks very much for the attractive picture of Gerard Butler; I'll add it to my collection!

Best,

--Diana

#6 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

Gerry's P.S. I Love You GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerry's Shamrock Lady, Gerry's Shamrock siggy piggy

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Hey Outlander fans!

Just checked on Diana Gabaldon's website and there are some more panels from the Outlander graphic novel that is being written. There are some pictures of a very young Jamie Fraser! :wuv: Nice! I love what the artist has done! Check it out!

Here is the link
http://www.dianagabaldon.com/

#7 zanyzombie

zanyzombie

Mad for Marek MOD

• Mods
  • 23,763 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up Shamrock! Murtagh reminds me of Sean Bean a bit. Jamie is definitely cute but he'll always be Gerry for me. I wonder why she decided to do graphic novel?

#8 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

I found this quote by DG in her earlier newsletters on her web site that explains a little. Quote: Graphic Novel (so far untitled) - a graphic novel, for them as don’t know, is a sophisticated comic book for adults. (And I do, of course, delight in my Very Sophisticated Readers.) [g] Ballantine, the publisher for this, asked me for a “new” Jamie and Claire story, set in the Outlander universe-but not necessarily just a straightforward adaptation of Outlander. So that’s what they (and you) are getting: a story that sort of cuts at an angle through Outlander. This story is told from Murtagh’s point of view, and begins somewhat before the events described in Outlander (the non-graphic novel). unquote And I agree! Gerry is Jamie in my heart and mind when I read the saga. In the artist's rendering Murtaugh does look a lot like Sean Bean there! (I had Sean Bean in mind for Stephen Bonnet).

#9 Luv

Luv

Attila's Slave GAL

• Guests
  • 236 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Sweet Carolina GAL

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

Awww...I've just been re-reading Outlander the past couple of nights. So this is neat to see.

Jamie in my mind looks like no one I've ever laid eyes on. I like it that way. (But he does sound a bit like Gerry.)

#10 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

According to her bio at her website, she wrote comics for Disney way back when:

Dr. Gabaldon holds three degrees in science: Zoology, Marine Biology, and Quantitative Behavioral Ecology, (plus an honorary degree as Doctor of Humane Letters (though no one has yet explained to her just what a humane letter is) and spent a dozen years as a university professor with an expertise in scientific computation before beginning to write fiction. She has written scientific articles and textbooks, worked as an editor on the MacMillan Encyclopedia of Computers, founded the scientific-computation journal Science Software Quarterly, and has written numerous comic-book scripts for Walt Disney. None of this has anything whatever to do with her novels, but there it is.

This is obviously a genre she enjoys. I can't wait for the graphic novel AND for the release of Echo.

#11 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

Rejoice Outlander fans! :woohoo:

On her blog Voyages of the Artemis Diana Gabaldon gives a pub date for AN ECHO IN THE BONE! September 22, 2009! Also there is a picture of the bookcover of ECHO. Check it out! :woohoo:

Here is the link:
http://voyagesofthea...s.blogspot.com/

#12 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Anyone else besides me excited about this? Can't wait for the next book from Diana Gabaldon of the OUTLANDER saga! It's getting closer now! I am in the middle of a re-read of A BREATH OF SNOW AND ASHES, taking my time on this re-read. LOL, I wonder how many times any of ya'll have re-read the books? I read the first one OUTLANDER about 3x, and the rest at least twice. Love Love these books! Anyone heard any more on the possible development of an OUTLANDER movie? I haven't heard anything for a while. :sad: Diane

#13 P.S. I love Gerry

P.S. I love Gerry

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

This is what brought me to Gerry and Gals in the first place! I was reading Outlander and googled in images, "Jamie Fraser", and up comes a picture of Gerry. I realized he was the wonderful actor from PS I Love You, one of my very favorite movies. I started reading and looking up Gerald Butler every chance I got. Before I knew it, I was convinced that Jamie should be played by Gerry. Now I love Gerry for who he is.....and not just the parts he plays. I can't WAIT for Echo to come out. I am currently listening to Outlander on CD in my car.

#14 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

OUTLANDER FANS!

Been a while since posting anything here but wanted to let you all know that...

Long awaited Book 8 of the OUTLANDER saga that Diana Gabaldon is currently writing now has a title!

WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD

Go to her website for more information on Book 8 and other news of what's happening with her books.

http://www.dianagaba...ht-has-a-title/

I recently purchased the OUTLANDER 20TH Anniversary edition. Love it! It has a lovely red faux leather cover with gold graphic and raised lettering that feels so nice in hand. Inside are a red ribbon page marker, and a sample CD of OUTLANDER: the musical. Did anyone else purchase this must-have for OUTLANDER addicts like me?

Can't wait for THE SCOTTISH PRISONER to be published November 29, 2011! Diana is still in the final stages of getting that one ready.

here is a link to an excellent blog OUTLANDISH OBSERVATIONS that really keeps you up to date on everything Diana Gabaldon and OUTLANDER. The blogger even has a countdown for THE SCOTTISH PRISONER.

http://outlandishobs...s.blogspot.com/

Thought you might enjoy a little update.

Happy reading,

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked, 08 September 2011 - 05:32 AM.

#15 Trekkiegoober

Trekkiegoober

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerrys Scottish Slave Gal

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

OUTLANDER FANS!

Been a while since posting anything here but wanted to let you all know that...

Long awaited Book 8 of the OUTLANDER saga that Diana Gabaldon is currently writing now has a title!

WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD

Go to her website for more information on Book 8 and other news of what's happening with her books.

http://www.dianagaba...ht-has-a-title/

I recently purchased the OUTLANDER 20TH Anniversary edition. Love it! It has a lovely red faux leather cover with gold graphic and raised lettering that feels so nice in hand. Inside are a red ribbon page marker, and a sample CD of OUTLANDER: the musical. Did anyone else purchase this must-have for OUTLANDER addicts like me?

Can't wait for THE SCOTTISH PRISONER to be published November 29, 2011! Diana is still in the final stages of getting that one ready.

here is a link to an excellent blog OUTLANDISH OBSERVATIONS that really keeps you up to date on everything Diana Gabaldon and OUTLANDER. The blogger even has a countdown for THE SCOTTISH PRISONER.

http://outlandishobs...s.blogspot.com/

Thought you might enjoy a little update.

Happy reading,

Diane

#16 Arwen

Arwen

Beowulf's Sword GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hi Diane Thank you so much for all the info and links you have posted. I also purchased the 20th anniversary edition, very impressive, although I understood it to only be issued in USA, I obtained my copy through Amazon.uk and recd it within about 6 days. The CD from the musical was terrific too. Of course I have to read it again now. Looking forward to her new book coming out and also the Scottish Prisoner re Lord John and Jaime and his time in prison, its all on the boil gals. Hugs JUne

Edited by Arwen, 20 September 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#17 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hi Diane

Thank you so much for all the info and links you have posted.

I also purchased the 20th anniversary edition, very impressive, although I understood it to only be issued in USA, I obtained my copy through Amazon.uk and recd it within about 6 days. The CD from the musical was terrific too. Of course I have to read it again now.

Looking forward to her new book coming out and also the Scottish Prisoner re Lord John and Jaime and his time in prison, its all on the boil gals.

Hugs
JUne

Hi Arwen! and Trekkiegoober :wave:

Love your quote "its all on the boil gals!", arwen! :funnyup: That's so true where ever we find Jamie and Claire or in the case of THE SCOTTISH PRISONER--just Jamie this time. :attila: and Book 8 Wow! can't wait for that. :sword: :scotlandflag: :beo:

:hugs:

Diane

#18 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hello OUTLANDER-Diana Gabaldon fans,

Did you get a just released copy of THE SCOTTISH PRISONER yet? I was happy to find mine in the mail when I got home tonight. (The email said it would not be delivered till Dec 5.) This is a book about Jamie Fraser's time at Helwater when he was still a prisoner after Claire has returned to her own time.

Diana has a page on Facebook and she often answers the posts to her on her wall. She has replied to me a few times. She is one author who prefers to stay in close touch with her fans.

Check her out on Facebook and her web site.

Putting up the siggy I made of Gerry as Jamie Fraser. You can see who I picture when I read Diana Gabaldon's books. :scotlandflag: :sword: :beo:

Posted Image

Slainte' and happy reading.

Diane

#19 Trekkiegoober

Trekkiegoober

Erik's Angel GAL

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerrys Scottish Slave Gal

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hello OUTLANDER-Diana Gabaldon fans,

Did you get a just released copy of THE SCOTTISH PRISONER yet? I was happy to find mine in the mail when I got home tonight. (The email said it would not be delivered till Dec 5.) This is a book about Jamie Fraser's time at Helwater when he was still a prisoner after Claire has returned to her own time.

Diana has a page on Facebook and she often answers the posts to her on her wall. She has replied to me a few times. She is one author who prefers to stay in close touch with her fans.

Check her out on Facebook and her web site.

Putting up the siggy I made of Gerry as Jamie Fraser. You can see who I picture when I read Diana Gabaldon's books. :scotlandflag: :sword: :beo:

Posted Image

Slainte' and happy reading.

Diane

Hi Diane
I have ordered this book but havent received it yet.
Anything that involves Jamie Fraser is a must read
for me. I LOVE her books. Can't wait for the next one
to be published. Any ideas on when that will be?
Debbie

#20 BlueJean

BlueJean

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 3,343 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Shamrocked - love your Jamie siggy. BonnieBJ

#21 Shamrocked

Shamrocked

• Contributing Member
  • 2,739 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi Diane
I have ordered this book but havent received it yet.
Anything that involves Jamie Fraser is a must read
for me. I LOVE her books. Can't wait for the next one
to be published. Any ideas on when that will be?
Debbie

:wave: Hi Debbie!

Here is a link to Diana Gabaldon's blog with a quote on her Book #8 noted in my post above: WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEARTS BLOOD, which she affectionately calls MOHBY OR MOBY for short at times. Also some excerpts from the book if you are interested in those. She hopes to finish writing it end of 2012 and it will be 2013 before it is published. She does manage somehow to stay on track with her many projects she has going.

http://www.dianagaba...n_hearts_blood/

Have you rec'd your SCOTTISH PRISONER YET? I have begun to read it slowly--it is a smaller novel than her OUTLANDER books.

BonnieBJ: :thankyou: very much, galphriend. One day if I ever get the time, I want to make more of Gerry as Jamie Fraser.

Happy reading,

Diane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users