Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  becozy : (30 October 2014 - 06:56 AM) Posted Image Gerry in Malibu Yesterday
@  becozy : (29 October 2014 - 07:27 AM) Gerry at the Lakers game last night with new g/f ... thread here
Posted Image
@  becozy : (28 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) Posted earlier: 10/28 - @GerardButler set to appear at Hollywood Film Awards Nov. 14th
@  becozy : (27 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Posted Image  Posted Image10/27 - GQ Character: Gerard Butler
@  may : (27 October 2014 - 05:28 PM) :presents: Happy Birthday Sebbied; I hope your day was fantastic!
@  BlueJean : (27 October 2014 - 06:29 AM) Thanks, Elissa........let the games begin!  :claphands:
@  Lady Elissa : (27 October 2014 - 06:16 AM) Week 18 of the Gerry Character Survivor Game is ready. See post #220 for this week's instructions. http://www.gerardbut...=9#entry1522480
@  Jiko : (26 October 2014 - 11:10 PM) Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes :ty: :hugs: Jindra
@  becozy : (26 October 2014 - 09:24 PM) :party: Jiko!! All the best to you!
@  becozy : (26 October 2014 - 07:32 PM) Geostorm is filming around Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Monday, Oct. 27 Source
@  Paisleyscot : (26 October 2014 - 06:51 PM) I've made some HB Gerry Avis. If you'd like them help yourself!  Thread HERE
@  lugerry : (26 October 2014 - 12:38 PM) Happy Birthday, Jindra. Sending lots of best wishes your way!
@  Toriblair89 : (26 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Happy birthday Jindra!!! :presents: :dancegal:
@  BlueJean : (26 October 2014 - 06:01 AM) Happy Birthday, Jindra - Cheers! :presents:
@  Jiko : (25 October 2014 - 10:52 PM) Thank you Kathy :thankyou: :rose: :hugs: Jindra
@  Forbes girl : (25 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) Happy Birthday, Jindra "Jiko". :bday: :presents:
@  Toriblair89 : (25 October 2014 - 08:18 PM) Paisleyscot, yes it works! Thank you so much! I appreciate it! And I'll read through the "how to" as well.
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Dayna will be updating the Forum...if we go 'dark' or wonky for a bit, that will be the reason! :rose:
@  becozy : (25 October 2014 - 06:49 PM) Elissa, there is a glitch somewhere! I'll pass this on to Dayna. So Sorry for the problem!
@  Lady Elissa : (25 October 2014 - 04:12 PM) Make that "as a protected forum" Doesn't ask for a password, just says the access denied message and contact administrator.

Photo

Between selections suggestions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Susan~Sporran

Susan~Sporran

Erection Supervisor Admin

• Admins
  • 9,853 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tet-signed & Tattooed GerAdamaholic FANmily GAL with a charitable purpose

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Some have requested a place to suggest other books that we might want to read between the selections for the club. We have readers who finish the chosen books very quickly and might be looking for others to occupy the time between so this is the place.

I just finished a new book today. It was written by a Tart and is a fan fiction of what happens to Erik after Christine. This version is unlike any other I've read - it is a story of not just surviving but thriving and I was very satisfied with the outcome as have been all the others I know who have read it. It is a very satisfying story which took a direction I had never considered and paired it with some ideas which had crossed my mind.
My only criticism was that it is not well edited. This complaint isn't about the story because both the plot and pacing are very good, but there are several spelling and grammatical errors that the editor/publisher should have caught. This is based on Gerry's Phantom, not the Leroux version, and it is easy to picture him in it. I highly recommend it - even some people who are very opposed to POTO fan fictions have liked this book.

Title: Into the Light
Author: Debra Whitehead

Available through the Amazon link in the GALS Boutique.

#2 givemeabeach

givemeabeach

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 10,381 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Black Velvet Gal; Beach Piggy.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the info, Susan. I've heard about this book, and I was interested in finding it. Okay, I'm off to the GALS Boutique. :wave: Beaches

#3 Fiona64

Fiona64

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Erik's Alto GAL

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

I highly recommend the following books, all of which I have read recently: -- Oxford New Classics translation of Emile Zola's "Therese Raquin" -- Pandora Drive, by Tim Waggoner (but only if you like books along the lines of Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes") -- Dance of Death, by Linda Fairstein (a sort of "Phantom of the Ballet" mystery) -- "Angel of Music," by Carrie Hernandez (three novellas in the Leroux Phantom canon)

#4 givemeabeach

givemeabeach

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 10,381 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Black Velvet Gal; Beach Piggy.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:47 AM

I highly recommend the following books, all of which I have read recently:

-- Oxford New Classics translation of Emile Zola's "Therese Raquin"
-- Pandora Drive, by Tim Waggoner (but only if you like books along the lines of Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes")
-- Dance of Death, by Linda Fairstein (a sort of "Phantom of the Ballet" mystery)
-- "Angel of Music," by Carrie Hernandez (three novellas in the Leroux Phantom canon)

Wow, nice selection of books. Thanks for the suggestions, Fiona.

I've never read Therese Raquin. Hmmmmm!

I love Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes." One of my all time favorite books. I will check on Pandora Drive by Tim Waggoner.

I've yet to find a Phantom theme that I don't like.

I hope some of these books are available at my library because I can't afford to buy all of them. :lol:

beachie

#5 heISmyGspot

heISmyGspot

Battery Operated Mod

• Mods
  • 5,809 posts
  • Location:the buffet table, currently serving chicken to Terry AND One-Two
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Lewd AND Lascivious Mod; Transcriber of Gerry's Burr WhoDat?! in Tulsa Gal

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:20 PM

"Men in Kilts" by Katie MacAlister is a fun "Scottish-themed" contemporary romance read -- lotsa Scottish landscape and "Scotspeak." Made me laugh out loud on a couple of occasions. Good tide-me-over book...

#6 Susan~Sporran

Susan~Sporran

• Admins
  • 9,853 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Tet-signed & Tattooed GerAdamaholic FANmily GAL with a charitable purpose

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:16 PM

I loved Men in Kilts!! There are so many phrases in there that her heroine uses to describe her feelings when she meets her Scotsman, and as their feelings develop, that sound like they were right out of the words GALS use to describe Gerry. The book is quite funny and I really enjoyed it. I was reading it last year when I met Dr. Em and Football Princess in Las Vegas and I kept reading sections out loud to them because they were just so GALS-like!

#7 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,625 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:18 PM

I loved Men in Kilts!! There are so many phrases in there that her heroine uses to describe her feelings when she meets her Scotsman, and as their feelings develop, that sound like they were right out of the words GALS use to describe Gerry. The book is quite funny and I really enjoyed it. I was reading it last year when I met Dr. Em and Football Princess in Las Vegas and I kept reading sections out loud to them because they were just so GALS-like!

It's one of the books I have under the bed in the "to read" pile. Maybe I'll bring it to Vegas.

(Like I'm going to get any reading in. :lol: )

#8 Beware_of_Italics

Beware_of_Italics

Johnnie's Addictive GAL

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

Men in Kilts is A MUST! I absolutely loved that book. Very funny, and ya gotta love those Alpha Male Scot's. :inlove:

Seriously, read it people. It's very funny. My only gripe would be that the ending was pretty boring.

#9 snogdog69

snogdog69

Archie's Ocean GAL

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

I just finished "Pug Hill" by Alison Pace. It is a quick read and thought it to be very appropriate considering G's new baby, Lolita. Hope you enjoy. :lolita:

MJ

#10 romanticbabyboomer

romanticbabyboomer

Jackie's Yellow Towel GAL

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

My favorite author is Laveryle Spencer but she no longer writes. Does anyone know of another author who writes in her style.? Her books usually have a hearbreaking theme where you think the two lovers will never get together but the end is always happy.

#11 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,625 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

I just finished listening to the audio version of James Patterson's Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas. A very touching story that I can't say too much about without spoiling it. I haven't read any other of Patterson's books but my understanding is this is a very different style than he normally writes. I was very caught up in the story. The way he writes from the mother's point of view was wonderful.

#12 Susan~Sporran

Susan~Sporran

• Admins
  • 9,853 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:18 AM

I read the book when it came out a few years ago. It is very different from his usual stuff which is mostly murder mystery. "Suzanne" is more like a Nicholas Sparks book.

#13 Isabeau

Isabeau

Marty's Tongue GAL

• Contributing Member
  • 1,037 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

• GALS/PALS Name: Gerrymania Recruiter, Gerry's Strawberry Scoop, Dr. Billy, Evil Genius!

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:38 AM

First off, obviously, the Diana Gabaldon 'Outlander' series. They're not a quick read, but well worth the time! Next, Wilkie Collins 'The Moonstone' and 'The Woman in White'. They were written in the 1860's, but I loved the plot and pacing, esp. in Moonstone. Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, very sexy! Isabeau

#14 Erika_Kire

Erika_Kire

Yasha's Cherry GAL

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

I have a few books to recommend that are all "adult" reading... Sloane Taylor's "Teddi Turns On" (one of four books) Teddi is a travel agent and widow venturing through Germany. Very, very sexy read. It's available at www.triskelionpublishing.net for $5.99. Her next book, Lonnie Heats Up, comes out this winter. I've read part of it and it's even better than the first. It's the "book of the month" for my website in November. Robin Schone's "The Lady's Tutor". (Kensington, paperback) is hot, it's fascinating, and it's Victorian. This will keep you guessing til the very end. It's a great read. It was my "book of the month" on my website last month. Okay, this is just wrong of me but I'm also going to nominate my own book BUT for a good reason. The Viking Stones is available through www.triskelionpublishing.net for $5.99. Now through December, 50% of all royalties are being donated to the Humane Society Calumet Area, which just suffered a devistating fire this week. Thankfully volunteers and apparently bystanders managed to save all 300 animals inside the no-kill shelter when a fire broke out in the laundry room. However, the building suffered some 30-50 thousand dollars in damages. If you don't want to buy a book PLEASE consider donating directly to the humane society at www.hscalumet.org and help them recover. Animal lover and writer, Erika

#15 discoveringme

discoveringme

Gerry's 3 AM GAL

• Emeritus Moderator
  • 8,625 posts
  • Where Are You From?:

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:26 AM

I just finished up a book by an author I happen to know but hadn't read any of her stuff before now. Her name is Karen Sandler. Based on her website, she seems like she writes romances typically. This one that I read, Unforgettable, is classified as a paranormal romance. Up until Jenni's book, Touch a Dark Wolf, I hadn't read any books in that genre. But, I found this compelling and I enjoyed it. Maybe I've found a new genre perhaps? The story was intriguing. Unfortunately, it's out of print but I found it at my local library and I also found it used on Amazon. Just something fun to add to the "To Read" pile. Which is way better than a "To Do" list any day! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users