Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

300! ~ 9 New Film Clips, IMAX Featurette

From IESB.net

Be sure to check this out!

Nine New Film Clips, IMAX Featurette and Behind The Scenes Footage from WB's 300!

Written by Stephanie Sanchez

Saturday, 10 February 2007

If there is one movie I have been dying to see this year it's Zack Snyder's 300 released by Warner Bros. March 9, 2007. Preview footage shown at Comic Con 2006 whet the palate of fans everywhere who have been followed its development with intense anticipation.

Image"300" is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy.

Inspired by the work of graphic novelist Frank Miller, creator of "Sin City," "300" is an epic adventure about passion, courage, freedom and sacrifice embodied by the Spartan warriors who fought one of the greatest battles in history. Co-written and directed by Zack Snyder ("Dawn of the Dead"), the film brings Miller's acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents in association with Legendary Pictures and Virtual Studios, a Mark Canton / Gianni Nunnari Production, "300." The film stars Gerard Butler ("Phantom of the Opera"), Lena Headey ("The Brothers Grimm"), David Wenham ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy) and Dominic West ("The Forgotten"). The screenplay is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and Michael B. Gordon, based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley.

"300" is produced by Gianni Nunnari ("The Departed"), Mark Canton ("Land of the Dead"), Bernie Goldmann ("Land of the Dead") and Jeffrey Silver ("Training Day") with Deborah Snyder, Frank Miller, Craig J. Flores, Thomas Tull, William Fay and Benjamin Waisbren serving as executive producers.

Joining Snyder behind the scenes were director of photography Larry Fong, production designer James Bissell, editor William Hoy, costume designer Michael Wilkinson, and visual effects supervisor Chris Watts. The music is by Tyler Bates. Warner Bros Records is distributing the score soundtrack album, comprised entirely of Bates' music, with the film's March 9th theatrical release.

Concurrently with the film's debut in conventional theaters, "300: The IMAX Experience" will be released in IMAX® theatres worldwide. This film has been digitally re-mastered into The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. 300: The IMAX Experience marks the thirteenth IMAX film with Warner Bros. Pictures to date. IMAX theatres will allow audiences to experience the Spartans' fight for freedom and glory on some of the world's largest screens, surrounded by state-of-the-art digital surround sound. IMAX®, IMAX® 3D, IMAX DMR®, IMAX MPX®, and The IMAX Experience® are trademarks of IMAX Corporation. More information on the Company can be found at www.imax.com.

"300" is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. This film has been rated "R" for "graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity."

Film Clips

This Is Sparta!

What Would A Free Man Do

Then We Will Fight In The Shade

Lay Down Your Weapons

Push Them Towards The Cliffs

You Must Be Xerxes

No Retreat, No Surrender, That Is Spartan Law

You Have A Story To Tell

Speech To The Council

IMAX 300 Featurette

300 Behind The Scenes - 12:00 Minutes

300 battles its way into theaters March 9, 2007

Note: Click on the 4way arrow, the end icon on the video window, and you can maximize the size of the

viewing window.

Videos are not available for download via our Multimedia; IESB does not permit them to be posted elsewhere. Should they become available to us from another source, we will add to multimedia!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! THESE CLIPS WERE SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!

Thanks so much for posting them!!! You've made my day!!! Is it possible to be even MORE excited for this movie!! Everytime something new pops up...it seems that it is!!

I love the line in the "You Must Be Xerxes" clip: "...you don't know our women" and the expression! OMFB...

I'm toast... Thanks again Barb!!

BLESS YOU!!! OMG OMG OMG Im even more excited.

:omg2: I cannot tell you how excited I am to see this movie, especially in IMAX!

I love the line about Xerxes not knowing the Spartan women and the look on Gerry's face...Priceless!!! :lol:

300 will be in theaters in 1 MONTH...can you believe it? :claphands:

Thank you SO much for posting these clips! :clap:

Edited by Scorpio613

I need a cold shower. I think I am going to have to take ice packs with me to see this movie or I am going to overheat.

THANK YOU, BARB, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I thought at first I didn't want to see the clips because I was afraid they'd give away too much of the movie. BUT NO, they were wonderful!! I agree with the others - Gerry's expression when he discussed Spartan women is almost worth the price of admission! (You will notice I made no reference to "Dudity" having anything to do with the price of admission - hehehehe)! :cunning:

Sue

WOW! This is going to be a GREAT movie!!!!! :claphands:

Thank you Gerry!!! :KingLeo:

:hug:

Joanie :hearts:

I am speechless.... those quiet moments of dialogue when Gerry's voice is very low... very intense and commanding.

He gives me chills!

Swannie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Maybe it's just me, and my crazy emotions, but I've got tears running down my face.

Where's my yellow towel???

Just a note for all you who are going to see IMAX. It gets pretty loud if you've never seen an IMAX movie. You can bring ear plugs that will let you hear everything, but keep the sound within an enjoyable range.

~alice

:music:

As in their original post at IESB, the promised 12 Minute Behind-the Scenes link is now 'active', and it takes a few minutes to load!

Link is the last in post 1, this thread,

or here

Barb, :D

Thank you so much - these are just great. The clip of "You Must Be Xerxes" is priceless. A perfect performance by our Gerry! Bravo!!!!!! Anticipation running higher and higher every day to see it all!!!

He is giving me more than chills!!!!! :embarassed:

Barbara :wave:

Maybe it's just me, and my crazy emotions, but I've got tears running down my face.

Just a note for all you who are going to see IMAX. It gets pretty loud if you've never seen an IMAX movie. You can bring ear plugs that will let you hear everything, but keep the sound within an enjoyable range.

~alice

omg, is it me or is Gerry's range of acting off the chart!!!!

I am so excited for him. This is his big moment for all the world to see what they have been missing

I am with you Alice I have tears running down my face.

Thank God I am here in the office alone

Edited by Bea

Thanks for the wonderful clips and the article.

I don't know about y'all, but I find myself sitting here wondering if I just glimpsed the full 10 minutes the movie that I'll be able to watch LOL I'm fully prepared to "watch" most of this movie with my eyes closed ... barring the 10 glorious minutes I just viewed...

(I concur -- the delivery of "you don't know my women... I could've sent them up here..." CLASSIC Gerry.)

~alice

I understand completely, Alice. I am going through the same thing. I know WE are not Gerry's friends, in the sense of having a relationship with him... but he is OUR friend, and we care about him very much. I feel so proud at this moment, as this incredible film comes to the screen... because that is our Gerry. The same Gerry many of us have been rooting for, for a couple of years now... and some of us even more than that. The same Gerry who called Bethy on Christmas Day, and the same Gerry who came to Las Vegas and gave Mel and I the Butler awards. We do have a connection with him.... and now we are watching gleefully as he is on the cusp of a huge break-through.

How can we not get choked up to see him succeed.

We love him!

Swannie

Guest greyeyegoddess

omg, is it me or is Gerry's range of acting off the chart!!!!

I am so excited for him. This is his big moment for all the world to see what they have been missing

I am with you Alice I have tears running down my face.

Thank God I am here in the office alone

Bea, what are you doing at work on Saturday????

Hugs!

~alice

OH MY GOD, THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE HUGE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LINKS.

March cannot come fast enough, I've been waiting for this movie since I heard it was being made and it's almost here and it's so SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EVEN IMAGINED.

OH AND GERRY IS JUST OUT OF THIS WORLD. Is there any genre this man can't do..really, he's just SO FREAKIN' TALENTED!!!!! I've been a fan from way back with DRAC..and I'm thinking that FINALLY he will get the recognition he deserves..he's one fantastic actor.

Some of the best ones, he and Gorgo talking about what to do and the Oracle and of course "you don't know our women" seeing as Spartan women trained just as hard as the men.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Edited by moonglow

Those clips were AWESOME! I totally loved the second clip. Sigh. *chants only one more month*

That Spartan Women line!!!!! Yes, and his expression!!!! I love warrior women & the men who appreciate them......I can't think of any one more appropriate to play Leonidas---it HAD to be a Scot!!!

Debrasue :terry: = :KingLeo:

Thanks for the links!!!!!

Edited by Debrasue

First, Perrin, I LOVE THAT SIG!!

And Debrasue, have you read how he wouldn't do a British accent especially with that "dine in Hell" line he felt it worked so much better with the Scot accent.

AND IT TOTALLY DOES..Scot accents are just that much more forceful..plus, I may be a little biased though, I love his accent when it's in full force.

I hope one of you fine gals can help me.. I am having a problem .. all it says is loading application and no clips... so I must be missing something... after reading all your fine post about the clips all I can do is :tantrum: lol

I hope one of you fine gals can help me.. I am having a problem .. all it says is loading application and no clips... so I must be missing something... after reading all your fine post about the clips all I can do is :tantrum: lol

I had that happen on my laptop Butlerzoned, but on my PC, I was able to get them to play. Wonder if you need some kind of extra active X control or something? More computer savvy gals than me will have to help you! Sorry, but hang in there, I'll bet you'll see them soon one way or another!

I am so excited about this movie, and for Gerry! As another Gerry fan since Attila and D2K days, this has been a long time coming! Two years ago, we thought it would happen with POTO, so my fingers are crossed that 300 will be the one to launch Gerry "with force and verve" and then "the world will know" about the Gerry Juice!

"They look thirsty!" "ha ha Well let's give them something to drink!" TO THE THEATERS GALS! TONIGHT WE LAUNCH 300!

YEAH BABY!

:kisswink: