Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
RezzRN

300 Audience appeal

:confused: Maybe I am just being picky but... in the 2007 Calvin awards: Best trailer, I saw this sentence; "This Spartans-fighting-a-lost-cause epic promises to be an atmospheric, visually orgasmic gladiator movie, making it the must-see movie of 2007 for gay men." This offended me. Did it offend anyone else? Couldn't they have just ended the sentence after stating it was a must-see movie?? :tantrum::tantrum:

They always feel the need to throw that in there. I dont know why though.

Guest greyeyegoddess

For some reason, when men have hardly any clothes on, it supposed to attract gay men...not regular, men loving women. Kind of reminds me of that one "guy who doesn't get it" critique.

Well, I've yet to see a bunch of guys who feel that way here. Where are they?

~alice

:music:

I guess I understand why that is thrown in so it didn't offend me. The previous owner of our house was a gay man and we still sometimes get the catalogs that came in his name - all of them of men in very brief briefs (g-strings, thongs, etc) with very well-defined abs and buffed biceps. So that is a look that appeals to gay men. One of the other early reviews indicated it would appeal to gay men and divorced women! But in reality it will appeal to gay men, married women, single women, married and single straight men, gay women. Really- it has something for everybody, except CHILDREN!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Whatever the critics think, which I still don't care for them, the real deal will be when as many Gerry fans are out on the red carpet, cheering Gerry on.

~alice

:music:

Exactly the point, Susan. It WILL appeal to everyone and I am SURE if men are gay they don't need some reporter telling them that this movie will appeal to them, they have eyes, right? I still don't understand why it upset me so...... it just did. Please understand... I am not aiming my irritation at anyone here. I LOVE you guys!! :tantrum::tantrum: