Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Jill, I see you are trying to push sh%t uphill with a pointy stick trying to keep Nancy from breaking out into her usual self....but good luck anyway :funnyface:

:funnyabove: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well, Cat, we all KNOW she's not as vanilla as she pretends to be. *snort* :lol:

:hugs: to you!

Jilly

I HEARD THAT!!! (But I don't know what I did....did I get spanked and not know it??? :confused:

Cat dear...I'm not sure who "Deeg" is...is this some sort of secret code??? :lol: Maybe I will just email you and see what's up...

I really don't know what day it is...I'm typing with frozen fingers because it is such a clear and VERY cold night tonight!! I got back before 1AM from a 7 hour limo drive with ten teeneagers!! (And they were NOT nice!!) And now I feel like I'll be up all night...Along with Anna :kisswink: , and maybe Cat??? :D

:omg2: Judy's here!! Now I don't have to play by myself!! :rotflmao:

I'm sorry but did I read this :funnyabove: comment right?? :funnyface::kisswink:

:cunning: Fran

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well, Nancy, we wouldn't want you to have to do that!! :lol:

:lalala::lalala::lalala:

Jill, I see you are trying to push sh%t uphill with a pointy stick trying to keep Nancy from breaking out into her usual self....but good luck anyway :funnyface:

:funnyabove: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well, Cat, we all KNOW she's not as vanilla as she pretends to be. *snort* :lol:

:hugs: to you!

Jilly

Yeah, I was VANILLA till I went to Vegas!! Thanks for corrupting me Gals!! Thanks alot!! I really appreciate it!! :funnyface:

And Cat, thanks for making me sit on that handsome Thunder from Down Under Aussie guys' LAP!!!!!!!! I can still see his golden tan chest with the sweat glistening on it, and that shiny silver nipple-ring...and those EYES!@!! :bonk: I wish I was still there!!! :woo:

Edited by Attila Girl

~~~Erica, so sorry about your sis being unkind to you!! Do you live at home with her? My younger sis can be so mean and say such terrible things it's actually scary...Really scary. But I moved out and now I don't ever have to see her or talk to her if I don't want to. It's great!! So much less stress.

Erica - Too funny. I skip to the end of POTO some days just to hear 4 little words..."Kristine, I looooove, you." hehehe

Sorry your sister hurt you. Hugs from your too absent adopted one sweetie!

Congrats Swan, and I can't wait to hear the music.

Betts, you are in my prayers dear. Hugs and waves to you all.

"My friends are my estate." ~ Emily Dickinson

xox

KB

Fran, I'm trying to send you a pm, but your inbox is full...meanwhile, thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU!!! What can I say? I'm pretty much verklempt right now!!!

I continue to pray for both you and Betts that your health issues might be resolved...

Good night, all!

Alison

Okay, I emptied it!! Seems like I'm always doing that...Sorry. :lol:

:kiss: Fran

Good Sunday afternoon everyone. Last day of my midwinter break-and of course the weatherman is predicting snowstorms here. As long there's no snowstorm for the 300 release here! I'd ski to the theater!

Erica :hug: sorry to hear about your sister upsetting you.

Betts-feel better soon

Fran!-how are you feeling? I know you mentioned selling your place before-where are you going?

Alison-adorable grandkids!

Everyone else I missed-sorry-there's so much catching up to do. Hugs to all!

As for me...you know I've told you about bad dating experiences lately. I think (hope) things are changing. I've been corresponding with a guy from eharmony (strangely, he was only on for a free weekend offer they had). After some e-mails and phone calls, I found him to be really open and honest about himself, his past, and what he's looking for. Friday night we met and it was amazing. We really hit it off-I found him smart, easy to talk to, and attractive. And...he has beautiful blue-green eyes that remind me of Gerry's!!! Based on the things he said, he was very attracted to me too.

Needless to say, the good night kiss was electrifying. :embarassed: He e-mailed the next day to say the date was "very special." We've already made plans for next week!

GALS, you're the only ones I can tell right now-I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but wish me luck with this one!

-Isabella

Edited by isabella_adores

Erica, so sorry to hear that your sister says mean things to you. It's too bad that ones own blood has to be mean to each other. I have the same thing with some of my children. Most of them get along but there are a couple that are always at one another. I guess it happens in every family. You know we're always here for you. It'll all blow over and I'm sure she didn't mean it. Things are said in anger that are hurtful and tho the words can't be taken back she will be sorry one day if she's not already. Keep your chin up and just think happy Gerry thoughts. :funnyface: :ohbaby2: :hearts::butterfly:

Betts, I hope your doctor gets your meds straightened out and gets you feeling better soon. You sound like you feel terrible. Thank God you don't have to do the shots tho. My Ron takes shots 4 times a day. Plus all the pills he has to take for other things. Now they found he has a lot of nerve damage in his legs and back and drop foot in his right foot. He's a carpenter and builds houses and of course he can't climb a ladder now so he can't do that type work anymore. Anyway back to you, I really hope the doc gets you on track soon.

:hug::rose:

WOW, 12 more days to go til 300!!! I can't wait!!!

Big hugs to all you Great Gals out there, the ones who need them and those who don't

Peggy

Isabella,

Good luck to you sweet lady---sending positive thoughts & energy your way!!! He sounds like a nice guy--time always tells!

Erica, I don't have any sisters & I can't imagine why they would want to hurt their own sister like that. I have three brothers who I would rather die than see them suffering in any way. So I do feel really sad for you! Is she having problems of her own she 's having a hard time dealing with? I't's sort of a rhetorical question---helps my try to understand why people can be so cruel when they are the ones who are hurting. Just a thought. I've always longed for a sister so I don't really know how it is.

kb, Sweetie--I love you! sometimes I fast forward to the scenes I need also---may be we should all pretend our name is Christine for just a few minutes just to hear those special words.

Love to everyone,

Debrasue

Hello Everyone!

Just checking back in to say, it's officially Springtime here in the UK!

I have been out in the car for a wee ride, the sun was shining so it was quite warm. There was a blanket covering of little white Snowdrops in the lanes and in an area of woodland we passed.There was masses of golden headed Daffodils and patches of Crocus, purple, white, and yellow.

The fluffy Catkins (Lamb's tails) were merrily swinging from the trees beside the fields where the pretty little spring lambs frolicked.

A beautiful picture of Spring time in rural Britain!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There must have been plenty of rain as the River Avon was in flood near Lacock Abbey, we made quite a splash as we 'forded' through the water.

We did managed to get a cup of tea in Lacock Village, where I picked up some postcards to send to friends before I needed to return home, a mere six miles but I felt that I had journeyed for hours.

I slept for 3 hours when I got back onto my bed, so much for ingesting all those vitamins!

Well back to catching up with the posts, and 'oggling' all the delicious pics of Gerry, he gets better with every one!

My favourite at the moment is this one,

Posted Image

My prayers for comfort for those in need, and my best wishes to all Gals,

And I am not envious at all of those who have see the 300, or even those who soon will...........well OK just a little bit then, I have to wait until 23rd/30th March, so it seems.!

Anna X Posted Image

Good afternoon all my sistahs!!!!!! Looks like it's kinda slow today but I know why cause it's Sunday!! I guess I don't have a life but I did find that this is the best time to go running Nekkid as a Jay bird thru the SC and then I thought ....what ta Hell nobodies gonna know it but me...and then I thought thank Gawd for that cause my days of being passable naked are well over!! So needles to say, I'm keeping my clothes on and instead I'm gonna SREEEEEEEEEAM.... So far two people were supposed to come and see the house today and both of these inconsiderate #@%$#&&^%$# didn't show up or even call! Sorry for the bad language on a Sunday!

OOOOOOH Anna, the pics you posted are so beautiful, I can't believe they're talking snow tomorrow for us.YUCK! Glad to see you back Hon. Oh and yeah the pic at the bottom.....my favorite one too!

Isabella, I am so excited for you. He sounds like a Sweetheart and I just hope I'm right!! Green eyes too??? THUD! You must keep us posted on this one.... BTW, when and if we ever sell this place I think we will probably stay right around here. We were thinking about N.Carolina but after visiting during X-mas we really weren't that enthused with it... So we'll probably just find a smaller place for just the two of us. That'll be cozy.. hehehehehehehehe..

Erica, I don't know if your sister is younger or older but I wouldn't put any stock in what she said in a fit of anger. I think she probably regrets it today. I hope you and her can patch things up between you. I have just the one sister and believe me we used to go at it ...didn't we Peggy?..... but now we are as close as two sisters can get... the only thing we disagree on now is which Gerry movie is the best!! :lol: Although we did have a disagreement a while back on whether he wore a wig in POTO and I WON!!! :D

Okay guess I better get off this puter and let my Hubby have a turn. He just likes to play games...it relaxes him... Gotta get him a laptop! Or one for me.....

Big ((((HUGS)))) to all my Gal and pal....have a Happy Sunday!

Edited by ladyfran

KIMBO!! Welcome back, hon!

Alice: so sorry to hear about the laptop theft. I hope whoever took it drops it on their foot! :cunning:

Have a happy Sunday, everyone.

Luv, Mousie

Good afternoon all! Wow, this thread has exploded since I last checked in here. I had to work yesterday evening. It was a good shift, properly staffed for once. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was getting a raise. Well, I finally got my first check with the new rate of pay, but it wasn't the same as the rate my supervisor had written on my evaluation, it was 16cents an hour less. I was supposed to get a 4% raise, but they only gave me 3%, so my supervisor called payroll and, get this, they said I was only entitled to 3% because on Jan. 1 a new point system went into effect, and although I qualified for 4% on the old system, by the new system I only qualified for 3%. This point system is keyed to a new evaluation form that hasn't been implemented yet. So, to make a long story short, they're using the old forms and the new point system. The date of my evaluation was Jan.2, so they said there's nothing I can do about it. :tantrum:

Alice-I'm so sorry someone stole your laptop. I hope they get many years of bad karma for that!

Alison-What beautiful grandchildren! Just precious.

Erica-I'm sorry your sister hurt you. I hope you two can work it out.

Anna-Those pictures are lovely. Thanks for sharing them.

Kristine-good to see you in the support center.

:wave: to all you lovely GALS! Hope you're all having a good day, enjoying what's left of the weekend.

Okay, I emptied it!! Seems like I'm always doing that...Sorry. :lol:

Hey, not a problem...I had to empty mind just the other day too! I sent the pm...

Erica, I am so sorry that your sister hurt your feelings. I have five sisters, and although we used to quarrel sometimes when we were young, now they are the very best friends I have, and I hope you guys can patch things up. It sounds like she maybe lashes out when she's hurting inside herself...

Isabella...THAT IS SO EXCITING! I read your post with goose bumps, especially the "electrifying kiss" part!! :heat: BEST OF LUCK on your date next week, and we'll be waiting anxiously to hear what happens!!

Debrasue, thanks for the reminder...it's been way too long since I watched POTO...feeling the NEED for another viewing...(I'm COMING, Geric, darling...! :inlove: )

Anna, yes, Britain is surely one of the most beautifully breathtaking places on God's green earth...thank you so much for sharing those gorgeous pictures! It's been 10 years since I was there last, and I'm longing for another visit...

Fran, I've been there...SOOOO frustrating when an appointment is made, you knock yourself out getting things ready, and NObody shows up...no phone call, no NOTHING!! :grrr2: Makes you want to :spontaneous:

Hi Mousie! :wave:

Lady Elissa, your story is another one that makes me just want to :spontaneous: Sounds so very unfair, but what can you do? :confused:

Gotta run ladies...enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Alison

Edited by phanphorlife

Hey Gals how is everyone today?

Well I am doing better today. I have learned through the years to let her snarky comments roll off my back, however they do tend to hurt my feelings. I wish we could be close and patch things up however I don't see that happening. She is a cold uncaring person, always has been. We get along sometimes but then she lashes out and hurts me and last night was the finale straw. She has always been the thin pretty one and I am a chubby Gal and she has always let me know that she is better than me for it. Last night she made fun of me over my weight to her husband, son, and son's friend and I overheard her and she told me it was my fault for being the way I am. She made me feel lest then human. But I realized this morning reading every ones comments here I don't need her. She is my older sister and yes she does have a LOT of problems of her own and now I do see that and do take it in to consideration.

I want to thank everyone for being so kind Peggy, Fran, Nancy, Alison, Elissa, Anna, Debrasue, Kristine, and Isabella

KB thank you my adopted sis (I am glad I have a kind one) That is so funny about rewinding to the end of POTO. You fast forward to hear your name and I read mine wear it isn't...LOL "Gerry on Erica" I wish...LOL

Nancy I am sorry about your sister to it sad when there like that. As I said before she is my older sister but I sure can't look up to here and yes do to the fact of some problem with her alcoholic husband they lost their hose and now she and her whole family also lives here at my moms, I moved back 3 years ago when my mom got sick and I take care of her, unfortunately my sister is to selfish to help.

OK enough about my pain in the %%% sister let now talk about Gerry :claphands:

Check back later ladies

Hugs and Kisses

Erica

Edited by Erica78

Hello everyone,

Just dropping by to say hi. I am closing on my new home on Wednesday. Moving will begin next weekend. I am not looking forward to it but it has to be done. I am excited about the house...just not the packing and unpacking.

My Aunt is such a fighter. The hospice nurse told us earlier in the week that she would not make it to her birthday. Tomorrow is her birthday and she is still with us. Her blood pressure has dropped quite a bit and she is pretty confused but she is still fighting. I got to spend some time with her Thursday night and it was great. She told me how much she loved me and that she supported me and was proud of me...but most importantly she told me that she would always be with me. I love her so much.

Hugs to you all,

Suz

OK Gals another funny story of my insanity: I am sitting here with my mom watching the per-Oscar stuff on E! and I have the computer on my lap. Well I was looking at the new Gerry pic and I hear a voice and I look up and see the 300 trailer and I scream "OH OH OMG that my Actor" and needles to say I almost made my mom choke on the cheesecake she was eating and everyone said "What Erica whats going on"

OK Clearly I am insane but I am sure have fun being insane.

Erica

Edited by Erica78

Wow Suz,

It's really something when it comes to inner strength in some cases it becomes a power house! I guess some call it the will to live.... I think it's wonderful that your Aunt will see another birthday and that she's able to talk with you and enjoy your company. She knows that you are there for her. My prayers are with her and you Hon.

Boy how I envy you....closing on your home. I just wish we could get this place sold. Showed it a couple of times this past week and once today. All you get is ....Oh yeah I really like this or that but NO OFFERS!!!

Erica, you are sooo funny. But no different then the rest of us!! I got my husband right up out of bed the other night because I yelled so loud. It wasn't a good thing for me to do to the poor guy cause of what my health has been like lately. I really felt bad ...but still got a chuckle over the look on his face when I told him what I was shouting about. :rotflmao:

Elissa, What the Hell is that all about! I don't know if that's legal?! I know a lot of people don't want to jeopardize their jobs by just standing up for their rights but I still think it's Bull s%#$@.

Okay, I was already here once today so same goes as before.... BIG (((HUGS))) and :kiss: too.

:wave: Fran

Fran and Alison, thanks for the words of support. My employer gets away with stuff like this all the time. I've talked to several other nurses who have been told their supervisors calculated their raises incorrectly, etc. Apparently, they're not doing anything illegal, and we have no union to back us up, so they keep doing it over and over again. Texas is a "right to work state" which means it is illegal for public employees like police, firefighters, teachers, nurses, etc, to go out on strike. I would look for a job at another hospital, but at this stage in my life, I really don't relish the thought of hitting the job interviews and starting over in another place. I've been at my current job for almost 13 years, and I really like my co-workers and unit, even though I gripe about frequently working short-handed.

Hi gals, I can't wait to see more new pics of Gerry tonight, hopefully. Just wanted to say hi before I get dragged off by family to do something else.

Elissa - :angry2: I am sorry that your employer cheated you (yeah, that's what they did). I hope you get some justice down the line.

Erica - Sorry that you had to put up with a difficult sister. :comfort: and :hug:

Suz - that's great! I will say another prayer for your aunt, that she has a great birthday despite her challenges.

Anna - beautiful springtime pics!

Isabella - best wishes on your new date!

Frannie, Cat, Susan, Alison, Jenn, Betts, Alice, Kimbo, Nancy, Swannie, DebraSue, Mousie, Mel, Peggy, Kristine, Marcia, Jill, Holly, Sheri, Marianne, Annie, Dawns, Lori, Desert, :wave:

Hugs,

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

:wave: To Anna...thanks for sharing the pictures of your English countryside...I think I will have to watch Howards' End this week!!

Hi Ladies! I got to see "Amazing Grace" on Friday and it's great!! A real movie, like movies used to be. It was just wonderful...everyone in the packed theatre really seemed wrapped up in it. It really was great!! And can I say that Ioan Gruffudd is just too cute!! (I already knew it, but I haven't seen him up on the big screen for a long time.) What a treat and a great movie. :D

I saw "The Bridge to Terabithia" today...very sweet but you're gonna :tissues:

Trying to watch the Oscars now...haven't seen any wonderful dresses yet... :confused:

Goodnight!! :kiss:

Am I the only one who noticed that the music they used during the tribute to those who passed during the year was the music from The Game of Their Lives??? I was so excited (David recognized it too).

This morning I got to about a block away from the Kodak Theater and took pictures. It was pretty darned exciting for me. Then I went "300" hunting. I found the poster, the 3-part banner, and a replica of armor with a knife sticking out of it in the front window of the Hollywood Book Poster Store. Then on Sunset Blvd. I saw the huge billboard at Cahuenga and the bus stop ad at Vine St. On the way home I saw the billboard on the 5 freeway at the Citadel Outlet Shops. I didn't see any on the side of a bus but I was excited by all those I did see.

After the Oscars I will download the pictures.

I knew I had heard that song somewhere!!!! Shame on me I didn't remember!!! I only saw the movie twice & it was a while ago. But you're right--that's the music!!! Thanks!

Debrasue

Irene--I love your siggy!! & phanforlife...yours also!! Such wonderful talented gals we have here! I'm so proud of you!

Edited by Debrasue

I think I've seenGOTL at least 10 times so that's probably the only reason I recognized it.

I'm closing this floor - be on the look out for #14 in a few minutes.

Posted Image