Gerard Butler GALS

GB Fan Convention Talent Showcase 2007

Songbird

Calling all Gerry Fans!

Do you sing, dance, play an instrument?

Are you the local star of dance, song or theater?

Do you dream of being part of a head-liner act for one special night in Vegas?

Then strut your stuff and let your star shine brightly at the 2007 Vegas GB Fan Convention!

Introducing the GB Fan Convention

Talent Showcase 2007!

Presented on Friday evening, June 8, 2007, at the Flamingo Vegas

immediately following dinner and music video presentations!

Here are the requirements and things you need to know:

1.) You must be a registered participant of the 2007 Vegas GB Fan Convention.

2.) You must be present and able to perform on Friday evening at the Convention.

3.) You must be approved to perform prior to the Convention. (This is necessary for scheduling and planning purposes.)

4.) You must submit an entry of your talent for consideration.

A. Only one entry per person.

B. If you sing, or play an instrument, only an audio entry is required. Your entry can be cassette tape, DVD, or VHS.

C. If your talent is visual in nature, i.e. dancing, please submit a video. Dancers, just submit the dance; you are not required to be in full costume for the audition video.

D. It is preferable that your entry be the "act" that you are planning for the talent showcase, but we will work with you to allow some flexibility for your creativity and necessary preparation time.

E. All entries and performances should be limited to approximately 3-6 minutes, please!

5.) Please submit entries to your Mistress of Ceremonies for the evening, Songbird. When you know you're ready to submit your entry, PM Songbird for the mailing address.

A. Your entry must be postmarked before April 1, 2007. This provides plenty of time for preparation and submission of your entry, consideration for approval, and notification to you in order to prepare for your performance in the Talent Showcase. It also allows time for us to make necessary equipment preparations for the show.

B. Please identify your entry by enclosing your name, your member name, and contact email address.

C. If you want your entry returned, please include a stamped self-addressed package for it. Otherwise all entries will be destroyed after the convention.

D. You will be notified of our decision regarding your entry, as soon as possible after the entry deadline, so that you will have adequate preparation time for the event.

6.) Only soberly prepared entries please!

A. By sober, we mean well-planned and polished. If your talent is as a stand-up comic, that is terrific, but have your act well-prepared. This is for the sake of the audience, and of those who sincerely want to perform.

B. Please - no nudity! Just in case someone out there is dreaming of being a Vegas showgirl and/or stripper for one night!

7.) FYI: There may be a limit to the number of performances at the convention. When we know for sure how much time can be allotted for this portion of the evening, and how many entries have been submitted, we will decide on the number of performances allowed.

A. If you are going to sing, it is highly recommended that you use a legitimate karaoke-type accompaniment CD for your selection. There was a little snafu last year where-by even a copy of a legitimate accompaniment CD would not work in the DJ's player.

8.) All pre-approved performers will be asked to attend a brief organizational meeting with Songbird sometime during the day Friday June 8, so that she can give you all the particulars for the evening's entertainment!

We hope to hear from YOU! good luck BREAK A LEG! :kisswink:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katie-bird....

I got so excited when I just now came upon your post! You are the pairfect lady to MC this fabulous event...and I CANNOT wait to see the talent of our wonderful GALS!!!!!!

So come on ladies..... show us your stuff!

GALS ROCK!!!!!!!

Swannie

Okay...where are all the talented GALS????? How come no one has come on this thread and posted that they plan to enter?

Come on ladies... don't be shy. From what I can tell.... this is NOT a competition, merely an opportunity for you to share your gifts with your GALS! And you will NEVER have a more appreciative audience than us!

So let's see some hands..... who is planning to enter?????

Swannie

Oh Swannie,

Courage is in short supply. I was telling Katie, "How Great Thou Art" and the Disney songs for the children are poor preparation for an audience.

I haven't sung publicly in years. Perhaps King Leo will share some of his.

:kisswink:

Kristine

Kristine,

You have plenty of time to prepare. Go out on a limb, step out of your comfort zone. You remember that ol' Kristine that's still lurking around inside you somewhere? Well, she's dying for a chance to show herself in Vegas! She wants to shout, "Look at me, I still got it!"

Swan is correct, this is not a competition. We're all in support of each other! If you can sing, then you deserve this chance, and by golly, we deserve a chance to hear you! *throws down gauntlet*

PLEASE!

And this isn't just about Kristine, it goes for all of you attendees! To further entice you, we're already in store to be entertained by a martial arts demonstration and a hula dancer!

Now c'mon all the rest of you diversely talented Gerry fans! Strut your stuff!

:hugs:

Katie

Yay!!!! I plan on entering! I do have a question though.....my hubby and I were going to perform a salsa dance. He IS a registered participant - so is it a problem if we dance together?

Erm, yeah.

I think y'all heard way more than enough last year. That was my snafu, darn it! :doh:

And April is soon...

Are there going to be categories for the singers? Or a theme?

Yo....love to all my GALS! :kisswink:

Jen

Yay!!!! I plan on entering! I do have a question though.....my hubby and I were going to perform a salsa dance. He IS a registered participant - so is it a problem if we dance together?

OMG Trixie! That sounds wonderful! No problem at all! (Will you be dressed as the Phantom and Christine? :cunning: )

Hugs,

Katie

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking that I might sing for the talent show. Although it is pretty scary, especially after the contestant videos I saw from last year.

Also, this month is sooooo busy, I don't know if I can decide and record what I want to sing by April 1st! Eeeek!!

If we are singing and just sending an audio recording, can we just put it on our computer and send it through e-mail? Or do we need to put it on a CD?

Heck, it sounds like I'm already committing to it, doesn't it? :lol:

I was thinking that I might sing for the talent show. Although it is pretty scary, especially after the contestant videos I saw from last year.

Also, this month is sooooo busy, I don't know if I can decide and record what I want to sing by April 1st! Eeeek!!

If we are singing and just sending an audio recording, can we just put it on our computer and send it through e-mail? Or do we need to put it on a CD?

Heck, it sounds like I'm already committing to it, doesn't it? :lol:

Hey Misty! Sending the recording through the computer will work great! Yes, it does sound as if you're committed. :kisswink: I sure hope so anyway.

Erm, yeah.

I think y'all heard way more than enough last year. That was my snafu, darn it! :doh:

And April is soon...

Jen

Heya Jen! I missed your post before now. I think we must have been posting at the same time that day and I left before I saw yours!

Please don't tell me that you're thinking about NOT participating this year!! We NEED you and your talent!

No themes or categories for the singers for right now. Did you have something in mind? :cunning:

A. If you are going to sing, it is highly recommended that you use a legitimate karaoke-type accompaniment CD for your selection. There was a little snafu last year where-by even a copy of a legitimate accompaniment CD would not work in the DJ's player.

Does this go for music that is burned onto a CD for our dance, too? Should I get the actual CD to bring?

Does this go for music that is burned onto a CD for our dance, too? Should I get the actual CD to bring?

It would be best, Melissa. I would hate for there to be a glitch with the music, especially since you and hubby dance so wonderfully :kisswink:.

I've read the guidelines for the talent competition, and I would love to sing. However, there is no way I could ever deliver a sober performance. :funnyface: I'd have to be pretty tipsy in order to perform in front of an audience.

Erm, yeah.

And April is soon...

Jen

Heya Jen! I missed your post before now. I think we must have been posting at the same time that day and I left before I saw yours!

Please don't tell me that you're thinking about NOT participating this year!! We NEED you and your talent!

No themes or categories for the singers for right now. Did you have something in mind? :cunning:

Well, there are several themes that would work, but basically I was just looking for something that would narrow my choices. Broadway, love songs, art songs, pop (though I suck at it)...so many choices, so little time.

Actually I was thinking about sitting this one out. There are so many new talents out there and I've already been heard. Plus I'm in a show that goes until mid-April and we're practicing every night, which doesn't leave much time for choosing and recording a song. But I might be able to pull something out of my butt...such is a performer's life, right? LOL.

Are you singing something Song? And Swan? If all of us '06-ers are going....

Jen

Jen, you should sing! I would love to hear you. I admire those who can sing since I'm so absolutely rotten at it! God blessed me with the feet, but certainly not the voice.

Pick a song you love, tape yourself, and belt it out girl!

BTW - ar4e you going to Indy next week?

• 2 weeks later...

:claphands:

Oh, Yes I want to enter my daughter Eden. She is an 0pera performance major and is working on two songs -- one from Phantom and the other from Celtic Woman, "You Raise Me Up".

I will contact Songbird.

So yes, count in Eden Barrington (aka Olperalicious)

:tantrum: