Gerard Butler GALS

GB Fan Convention FAN VIDEO CONTEST

Abrock

ANNOUNCING…

THE 2007 VEGAS FAN VIDEO CONTEST!

THE WORKINGS:

This year the preliminary voting will happen right here on the GALS forum!

Each member, whether attending Vegas or not, will be allowed to submit ONE video for voting, via the GALS forum (a special subforum will be set up under GALS videos for the voting).

The videos will be sifted into categories (depending on the number of submissions, etc). The preliminary voting here on the site will have AT LEAST ONE ROUND, but more may (and probably will) happen, again depending on how many submissions are entered.

The FINAL FIVE videos, chosen by the GALS voters, will be presented at the convention on Friday night, where the final voting will happen among those attending the convention. The WINNER will be announced at the convention’s Saturday night ball.

THE CONTENT:

What can these videos contain?

Just about any type of fan video will do! You can submit a video on Gerry as an actor, or on Gerry the man, or a hybrid of the two, or focus on one particular film, or two or three or four…in other words, practically limitless! Just make sure your video actually contains Gerry as a central figure (meaning Gerry himself or one or more of his characters).

For example, submitting a video about Timeline where Paul Walker is the main focus, with just a little bit of Gerry here and there, probably isn’t such a good idea…this is, after all, for the GERARD BUTLER VEGAS FAN CONVENTION. :D

IF your video includes content owned by another fan or fansite, please please PLEASE obtain permission from said fan or site, and credit them accordingly in your video. Most especially: Fan photos and videos of Gerry, INCLUDING content from Vegas 2006, and any other video/photo that has Gerry meeting fans. Each photo and video uploaded to our site that belongs to a specific fan is marked with their name.

Each video in our multimedia section and picture in our photo gallery (with the exception of aforementioned content personally owned by fans) is free for use without contacting GALS admins or mods. (i.e. photo shoots, screen caps, etc). Razzi pics may be used if not intrusive…if you have a question about whether or not it’s intrusive, it’s probably best to stick with what GALS already has on the site.

What they CANNOT contain:

Material beyond PG-13. All videos entered in the voting MUST be suitable to be shown on the main forum. This includes video and audio content, including song lyrics. (no f-words please).

THE DEADLINES:

Beginning today, you may email a WORKING link of your video to the following address: melabrock@yahoo.com

MOST video formats will work… (i.e. WMV, AVI, MPEG 2) If you have an odd sort of format, please PM me (Abrock) and let me know what it is, and we’ll see what we can do. :D

All submissions MUST be received by Saturday, April 7th @ 12 Noon (Mountain Time)

Voting will begin on Tuesday, April 10th

The hows and whatnots of the voting will be explained as the voting is set up.

(since i'm running the contest this year, i won't be entering)

HAPPY VIDDING!!

Hi sweetie,

I am not a vidder as you know, but may I enter the Chanson vid... or would Kelli have to do that?

Hugs,

Swannie

Yo Swannie!

Technically, Kelli would have to...you could enter it for her (with her permission, of course!), but it would be her submission, and she would be the one up for the award. You may want to check and see, it's possible she may want to enter another video if she decides to participate, since only one video per vidder is allowed. :music: Thanks!

~Mel

Abrock, thanks for the info on the contest and also the comment you made sbout Connie's(Faenwyn) video that we collaborated on.I appreciate your mention of my involvement.Very excited about this.

Abrock, thanks for the info on the contest and also the comment you made sbout Connie's(Faenwyn) video that we collaborated on.I appreciate your mention of my involvement.Very excited about this.

My absolute pleasure, it was one helluva video!

Already starting to get entries! w00t!! I'm so verrrra excited, I can't wait to see what product will turn out from you very talented ladies (and perhaps gentlemen...?)

Dinna worry about rushing to get these vids entered, though...as long as it's in by April 7th! (although hopefully not everyone will send them all at once, lol!)

~Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Blu--love your siggy--so funny! I hope you do enter one--your vids are so cool!

Debrasue

Edited by Debrasue

[Wow wish I knew how to do it. I don't but can't wait to see them for the ones that can. I am so dense. But I know some of you who are so talented I can't wait to see them. Betts

Abrock...I'm planning to be at the convention in Las Vegas and I'm really excited to meet everyone. I'm updating a previous video I had available, and may have an entry.

Look forward to meeting you in Las Vegas.

beggs909

Way to go Abrock....excited about it....hope I can think of something good. My vid was at Vegas last year....so I was up against stiff competition....You.... But so glad you won and you were there to meet our sweety.

Will keep April 7th on my mind!

Have Mercy

Wonderful, wonderful!! Keep those enteries comin' baby! I look forward to meeting those of you in Vegas who can come (BAD Blu! ;) ) and I can't wait to see all this year's enteries! (I get to see them first...w00t! *grin* )

~Mel

Lady Elissa just alerted me to this. You can bet I'll come up with something to enter! I'll be i Vegas, too.

YIPPEE! I LOVE video contests!

• 2 weeks later...

REMINDER:

April 7th ain't that far away! Only THREE WEEKS!

Just a reminder. :D

~Mel

• 2 weeks later...

You'll be getting my entry today. I don't have time to make something brand new, but I did do this one on the last year. Seems to be a favorite of quite a number of people, so I'll give it a try.

Uploading it now!

I am going to work on my video this weekend. I may even just touch up one that I had previously done but I was wondering are their particular thems and what is the usually time on the vids?

My last question how do you want them sent? Rapidshare or yousendit or a different one?

I am excited to be a part of this, this year.

I am going to work on my video this weekend. I may even just touch up one that I had previously done but I was wondering are their particular thems and what is the usually time on the vids?

My last question how do you want them sent? Rapidshare or yousendit or a different one?

Whichever works best for you! I think yousendit is easier for me to download, but whatever works for you. :kisswink:

~Mel

Whichever works best for you! I think yousendit is easier for me to download, but whatever works for you. :kisswink:

~Mel

Mel,

Are you going to host these videos for voting since you want downloadable copies? Not YouTube, or Live Video? Not the persons own website?

Because I'm uncertain as to how the voting will take place to see the entries?

Thanks,

Trenna

Hiya Trenna!

Aye, they'll all be hosted in the same location, no worries there! Got it covered. :kisswink:

~Mel

Mel,

I sent you both Yousendit and Rapidshare links for my entry today!!

:claphands:

REMINDER!!

The scheduled last day to send videos is TOMORROW.

Due to some having technical issues (I can SO relate),

I will now accept videos through SUNDAY the 8th @ MIDNIGHT.

(send to melabrock@yahoo.com in a downloadable form)

Thanks everyone!

~Mel