Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Suz

The Oscars

Or maybe he feels that probably next year he'll be all over the Oscars and wanted to skip them..but hey, all the pics haven't come out yet, so who knows.

And the A listers, there are some gloriously wonderful actors that are A listers..and you know, pretty soon, one actor that's near and dear could be one as well. I think over the past few years the "oh, you didn't win that year so we'll make it up to you this year" awards have died out and people are once again earning them for the roles that they rock in. Granted I do think that some nominations leave you scratching your head, no denying that at all.

I mean look at Leo, say what you will, but if he had done What's Eating Gilbert Grape today instead of when Tommy Lee Jones (not taking anything away from him at all) won for the Fugitive, I think Leo would have won..the Oscars are changing and I think for the better.

Or maybe he feels that probably next year he'll be all over the Oscars and wanted to skip them..but hey, all the pics haven't come out yet, so who knows.

And the A listers, there are some gloriously wonderful actors that are A listers..and you know, pretty soon, one actor that's near and dear could be one as well. I think over the past few years the "oh, you didn't win that year so we'll make it up to you this year" awards have died out and people are once again earning them for the roles that they rock in. Granted I do think that some nominations leave you scratching your head, no denying that at all.

I mean look at Leo, say what you will, but if he had done What's Eating Gilbert Grape today instead of when Tommy Lee Jones (not taking anything away from him at all) won for the Fugitive, I think Leo would have won..the Oscars are changing and I think for the better.

:boink: Hey you guys don't have to beat me up ...look I'll do it myself! :wall: When I said A-listers I was referring to whom they stop on the red carpet all the time and gush over! I didn't mean the winners. Sorry, guess I should splain next time!

:confused: Fran

Fran, NO EXPLINATIONS NEEDED, ever, no beating up, never!!!! :kiss:

Nope, I totally understand, they do stop certain people all the time, go over to wire image and look at how many pictures of that TomKat and look at how many are of Damian Lewis, or even anyone else, seriously, even Leo or Martin, I mean they were nominated and Martin won and they only have a quarter if that.

Edited by moonglow

I was pretty happy with the Oscars. I was quite happy that the Departed won best picture and that Martin Scorsese won best director (it was due time). I have been a Scorsese fan for years and have seen all his movies. Not to mention that I am also a bit of a, now don't stone me Gals :boink:, Leonardo DiCaprio fan also. He is a good actor.

But it wasn't a bad show, a little boring mind you but most of them tend to be. I was pretty happy with show it self. I was disappointed though that Gerry wasn't there or at any after parties.

I loved Jennifer Lopez and Penelope Cruz's dresses. Jennifer's was very Grecian and I heard early that a lot of the styles this season have big Greek influence and wondered if 300 had anything to do with it. Penelope's dress was very beautiful and quite old Hollywood.

Hugs

Erica

Edited by Erica78