Gerard Butler GALS

Therese Raquin to film April, 2007?

Lady Ski Bum

First thing you're gonna have to remember is that IMDb is not always accurate. I don't know about TR, but I DO know that the director (or some other big wig) for Priest just walked off the project...

Therese Raquin to start filming? Going to my happy place for a little lay down!

This is playing at Lyttelton Theatre in the UK at the moment, it is a fantastic novel which adapts well to the stage/screen.

:yippee: Gerry in a love/murder/mystery/thriller........lots of passionate scenes promised!

Anna X

Posted Image

Edited by Anna

Therese Raquin to start filming? Going to my happy place for a little lay down! :yippee: Gerry in a love/murder/mystery/thriller........lots of passionate scenes promised!

I'm with you, girl!

I love the heroes but give me a good Gervillain any day... :tasty:

kissy xxx

Yeah, but Laurent is a wife-beater in the book. I appreciate that Gerry is, in his own words, drawn to "darrrrk" characters, but I don't have any desire to see one of Gerry in the role of wife-beater and/or rapist. I hope the screenplay doesn't draw on these elements of the character.

Hopefully there will be official confirmation of a start date before too much longer. April is not far away.

I hope that the character of Laurent is not watered down. If it was I think it would unbalance the movie. He has to be very dark, passionate and dangerous, degenerating into guilt-ridden madness. I realize that the beating aspect of the role would be difficult to watch but I think that this is more likely to be implied rather than seen.

Just a thought..

If they are due to start filming TR soon, could this be why in the most recent pic of our man at the pre-oscar party, he has a completely new & different look?

I guess soon enough, we shall see...

That story is so emotionally draining & depressing!!!! But there is just no way it can be watered down & still have that overwhelming sense of despair & hopelessness. If that's what he's working on now----whew! Gerry & who ever plays Therese has their work cut out for them! Goes into some really deep, dark, twisted places. For me it's a very disturbing story to read, & if Gerry puts half as much power,passion & intensity into Laurent as he did The Phantom...I don't know if I even want that visual image playing in my head! I'm such a sissy these days!

Debrasue

Edited by Debrasue

Exactly. And with the recent articles released describing Gerry's tentative state of mental "unrest," I worry about him having to take himself "there." I'm such a "mom..."

Just a thought..

If they are due to start filming TR soon, could this be why in the most recent pic of our man at the pre-oscar party, he has a completely new & different look?

I guess soon enough, we shall see...

That is exactly the same idea, that crossed my mind, when I saw the last pictures. The change in appereance could mean the preparation for shooting. And it´s not just hair cut short and smooth face. He has his hair also dyed dark again and also his brows. I have to say I would love to see him play this role (and not because it is supposed to be shot in here :yippee: ... well, not only :D ). It is so challenging role to play.

You hear so many stories of actors who do a film like that and it really affects them badly. I do hope that if the producers/screen adapters stay close to the original book Gerry is at least able to leave that character at 'work' because otherwise i would really worry for his mental health. I read this while i was at college and geez 'dark' doesn't even begin to touch the surface, but i do respect the man and his film choices, but i'm with Holly and Susan Sporran in that i'm not sure i want to see this 'side' of Gerry although i know it's not real. I know this may make me sound like a boring old fart, but is a film with a happy ending really so bad?

I think Gerry will do just fine & possibly bring a better(or more insightful) interpretation to this very tragic character (look where he took the Phantom!) Also because he is an excellent & talented actor I don't think we need to worry about his mental state too much--he is an actor-not a psychotic--and in his own words he loves to go into those "dark" places! Actually I wouldn't want to see this movie if Gerry weren't Laurent--because I have no sympathy or empathy for either Therese or Laurent as it is. So if Gerry can make Laurent into someone who might possess some glimmer of remorse & anguish--someone we could feel compassion for--I think only Gerry could do that! Just my opinion--cause I was ready to put a bullet into both of those two whiney wretched characters myself if the ending hadn't happened the way it did!

Debrasue

Edited by Debrasue

You hear so many stories of actors who do a film like that and it really affects them badly. I do hope that if the producers/screen adapters stay close to the original book Gerry is at least able to leave that character at 'work' because otherwise i would really worry for his mental health. I read this while i was at college and geez 'dark' doesn't even begin to touch the surface, but i do respect the man and his film choices, but i'm with Holly and Susan Sporran in that i'm not sure i want to see this 'side' of Gerry although i know it's not real. I know this may make me sound like a boring old fart, but is a film with a happy ending really so bad?

Hi Sweetie, haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well with you... Yeah you know I have to agree with you. Gerry seems to be able to take on a role and make it his own but with his own twist! For some reason he makes the bad guys look good dont ya think? I've never read anything about TR so not really sure just how dark of a role this would be for him but I'll bet he'll give it justice and do a stunning job with it! Do you think he would take it on if he thought it was too nasty of a role for him?? That would be my next question to everyone. What are your thoughts?

:D Fran hehehehehehehe...you an old fart????