Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #10

hey all-

I am soooooooo jealous that you all will be seeing 300 together this weekend. I wish I could be with you. I will be enjoying in tomorrow night. It is all over the TV now. Every time I see a commerical I just get a big stupid grin on my face. I hope everyone has a great time. I can't wait to see everyone in INDY.

Trix- HBP! How scary! See what Gerry does to us. :funnyface: I am glad you got it checked out chica. Now, you are gonna be uber healthy. I know you can do it lady. :claphands:

Miklyn- I got the goodies in the mail. I am going to a St. Pats party next weekend. I hope to pedal some of your wears there. If not, I am going to keep the stuff and try again before INDY. I hope I can get some stuff for you.

ROS- are you from OHIO?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are having a midnight showing of 300 tonight at one of our local theaters. If I didn't work tomorrow I would SO be going to that movie tonight. But I would never be able to function tomorrow if I did go to it. Besides, going to the movies at midnight by myself? Not such a safe idea, ya know? Who knows what kind of crazy people are out that late looking to start trouble. Someone robbed the Walmart yesterday, WALMART! Who does that? Anyways, as much as it's a temptation to go to the movie tonight, I will just have to wait. Now if I had him :leochest: with me for protection....that would be a whole different story. lol Well I'm off to get ready for bed. You all have a blast at the movie and tell me all about it afterwards. I have no problems living vicariously through all of you. :D Talk to you soon!

Only 14 days until Indy!! :partytime:

Hi Terra!!

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

I swear I am off to bed after this. I hate feeling like I have not down town so I procrastonate on going to bed. How stupid.

Anyway, Terra wanted to let you know I will have my goodies with me in Indy. So you can see it first hand also. Have fun at your St Pat's party. I played a lottery that was just here in Chicago and it is being drawn on St Pat's day. Keep your fingers crossed there are going to be 524 different payouts that night.

I'll be on tomorrow.

I am really gone now

Sweet Gerry Dreams

I've been out of commission for a couple days due to a sinus infection. Fill me in on tomorrow? What are we doing and where do we get our tickets... Pat... help...

Cassie

Hi all, just stickin my Wiscnosin head in to say :wave:

Have a great time tomorrow for those of you going together. Wish I could join you, but I have other commitments. so I get to miss the fun :tissues:

I've been out of commission for a couple days due to a sinus infection. Fill me in on tomorrow? What are we doing and where do we get our tickets... Pat... help...

Cassie

Cassie...get better NOW!!! The big day is FINALLY here! :woo:

Everyone...please check your email for an update on what is going on later today!

You all have my cell number so if you have any questions/problems, please call me.

Can't wait to see you all again! :pointy:

Prepare for Glory...it is going to be one WILD night!!! :yippee:

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613

SQUEEE...Dean Richards (of Channel 9) LOVES 300 and gave it his first A+ of the year!!! :yippee:

Alot of people saw 300 last night/this morning at all the Midnight showings and the word is getting around. This movie is going to be BIG!!! :wow2: But then we already knew that! :kisswink:

Can't wait to see everyone tonight! ;)

Edited by Scorpio613

Ethan and I are on the road shortly.......and we have MMG in the back looking FINE!

See you all later today!

TRix.....I brought my latest hooker boots for tomorrow night! You will like these ones!

Paulette

I must be the only one not out seeing 300 tonight. But I will be going to see it on Sunday. Hope everyone is having a blast! Just don't get arrested tonight. At least wait for Indy to get into that kinda trouble. LOL

A guy I work with went to see 300 at the midnight showing last night and said he really liked it a lot. Also informed me that the movie was sold out completely so the theater played it on two different screens to accommodate the crowds that were there. First night playing and already doing great! I bet Gerry is having a blast with this one! Also the guy I work with told me that he wants to go see the movie again. How cool is that? I am so happy this movie is doing so well already. Not that I'm surprised, we already knew it was going to be HUGE! :fans:

I'm off for the night. Talk to you all soon!

Stacie

helllo alll

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! I saw the movie, I saw Gerry on the big screen. I was so freakin excited. The movie theater was PACKED. Not a lot of women. Gerry is a super star. People were clapping and laughing. It was freakin cool. :claphands: CONGRATS GERRY!!! YOU HAVE MADE IT!! :goodjob2:

I hope someone is on tomorrow. Trix I was thinking about calling you and screaming over the phone. I was so silly the whole time in the theater. I miss my GALS.

Just popping in to say WOW...What a night! :throw:

The GMCL's got together (19 in total) and went to see 300 in IMAX!!! I think we are all still trying to wipe the drool off our chins and dry our eyes! What an Awesome movie! :cheer2:

This was my second time seeing it but it still keeps me mezmerized from beginning to end! Gerry is Spectacular! What an actor...what a man! :inlove:

Tomorrow we get together for our Spartan (Greek) dinner and off to the theater again to see 300! Unfortunately it won't be in Imax, but seeing Gerry's deliciously firm buns again on any screen is fine by me! :cunning:

Terra...so glad you got to see the movie! :claphands: Wasn't it Awesome!!! :woo: I am sure you will be seeing it again and again! I know I will! ;)

Edited by Scorpio613

hey all-

are you all still recovering from the moive? :cunning: I had dreams about it all last night. Love that. I was hoping you all would be on sometime. Yes, Pat. I hope to see it again and agian and agian. I 'm silly. But I clapped when Gerry's name came on the screen. :claphands:

Just got home from tonights gathering. We had a great dinner at the greek restaurant. Paul is going to get to enjoy my left overs.

We saw the movie again, it looks so different going from IMAX to a regular screen,but it was still amazing. I absolutely love this movie and I think Gerry does an amazing job in it.

I am going to hit the hay but I will be on tomorrow as I clean my apartment.

Terra I am hoping for some good Gerry dreams tonight.

Here I am again posting after seeing 300 again with the GMCL's!!! :p

We had alot of fun tonight! First we met for dinner at a lovely Greek restaurant. I am so glad we had a private room considering we had MMG joining us for dinner! Then a friend brought in a special gift for one of the ladies...the 6 ft. bus stop poster of Gerry from 300!!! It was beautiful! :swoon: I will post a picture of it later. We had a great dinner and a tasty Gerry cake but our real dessert was waiting for us at the theater...Gerry and his 300 spartans! :cunning:

Seeing 300 was wonderful as always, but I will say it was different seeing it on a regular theater screen compared to IMAX! It wasn't bad, just different. IMAX really makes a difference! So if you haven't seen 300 in IMAX, I highly recommend you do! ;)

After the movie some had to go but a few of us went to a restaurant and spent some time talking Gerry and other stuff. It was nice! :D

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend! I know I did! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones! :hug99:

I am wiped out so I am headed to bed with visions of 300 Spartans in my head! :pant:

Sweet Gerry Dreams to all, :leochest:

PatKay

Hey Girls....Glad to hear that the get together was fun and how about THE MOVIE!! It was awesome..I saw it with my guys!! They loved it!!

It is great to see Gerry get credit for his phenomenal acting skills!! FINALLY!! Hopefully, I'll be able to see you all soon.

We are going to see Tom in Fla. on Wed...I'm looking forward to that! :claphands:

Linda/Swetster

Hey ladies,

Just woke up and i'm all a glee in anticipation of seeing it again today. I have my tickets for the 12:35 show and I'm stoked! Wahoo!!! Also, for you ladies who liked the yummy Astinos, here's an interview from the premiere of him. He kept his hair long. I like him w/short hair, but he still looks quite cute if I may say so.

http://movies.about.com/library/weekly/bl300premtw030507.htm

I had a blast last night w/you ladies. We must do it again and soon! WTF? I think my son and hubby busted through the wall. What are they doing? All I hear are "BOOM, thump, BOOM". Must go inspect this mess. Boys jeez...

Cassie

I am getting ready to run out to the grocery store but I wanted to share this is ya'll had not seen it yet.

The estimated total through Saturday for 300 is $52.2m. Our boy is wiping out the box office this weekend.

I can't wait to see what the ending total after today is.

There is so much to read about this weekends opening... I can't keep up with it!

Hello everybody! It was a pleasure to meet you in person and get to chat with some of you, I hope to be able to do more of it and visit with those I didn't, next time around. Butterly or PS perhaps?

I would have liked to have gone out after but I was so nervous about getting back to Midway this morning - and I did get lost again! Made the flight though, thank God!

Thank you for the goodies, such a nice touch, and when the pictures are posted, I'd love see mine with Faux Gerry to show my stepmother. She just can't belive I picked up and flew to meet total strangers over an actor! "Online chatting is for sexual deviants." (Well, that part might be true but sexually deviant over Gerry!)

She'll be glad to know you were all real ladies not 60+ year old men in disguise!

TMI coming - in frustration over being lost again on 294/55 etc. I had the radio off to concentrate on where I was and where I should be...my mind went to the movie....I ended up shouting my rendition of "This Is Sparta!" several times and it was really a good stress reliever! Of course it came with the visual of his face shouting it, uber powerfully...King Leonidas has great teeth...Oh, sorry mind wandering!

Show me those box office numbers! The King has slain the Wild Hogs! I hope he's been smiling so much this weekend that his face hurts! Back to reading the headlines above....

Good Afternoon!

This weekend was a blast for sure! I have absolutely fallen in love with 300! I can't wait to go and see it a few more times at the theatres (especially IMAX).

It was great to see everyone again and I'm excited to see ya'll in Indy in 2 weeks.

PatKay - Thanks so much for putting the theatres and restaurant together for us. If it weren't for you we certainly wouldn't have gotten in to have the IMAX Climax!

Ray - I'm such an a$$! I saw you across th way at the theatre and thought "I need to go and introduce myself when I'm done talking". Of course I flaked out and remembered while driving to the bar afterwards. I figured you might be there, but then you weren't. I hope you don't think I'm a snob - I'm just a dingbat. Next time I promise to chit chat!

Terra - We missed you wooooman! I'm so glad you got to see it, though. The movie just sticks in your head, doesn't it? I teared up a little at the end the first time, but the second time I was very choked up. I was sitting inbetween Miklyn and PatKay hoping they wouldn't look at me because I was maing some pitiful faces!

Swetster - We missed you, too! Glad you got to see it also. Have fun in Florida seeing Tom!

Cassie - Girlfriend, you are a riot! I had such a great time getting to know you and chatting all night. I know we met at B&G, but it was so brief. I even told my husband how much you had me laughing! Can't wait until next time!

Stacie - We missed you at this one, but in 2 weeks girl - watch out!!~!! I'm verra excited!!!

Anyways, I'm lurking around. We've all stayed in our jammies today and lounged. Don't think we're doing much tonight either! :p

Edited by Trixie

ROS - it was so cool to meet you this weekend. I hope to see you at more gatherings. I know the first time it is very overwelming. I still remember my first gathering. I am glad you made it home ok.

Terra and Stacie - I will bring the your goodie bags from this weekend to Indy.

I am beyond excited that his movie has done so great. They are saying that it looks like $70m for the whole weekend. That would be amazing

Patkay - Thank you for getting the tickets and restaurant arranged for us.

Cassie - We will miss you in Indy but I can't wait to party with you in Vegas.

Edited by Miklyn

Miklyn, you met Ray?? When and where was I? Now I feel like a bigger a$$!!

Isn't it awesome that 300 did so well its first weekend?? I'm so happy for them!

No your not it is like everything gathering. You want to talk to everyone and some how you always miss someone. I am sure everyone feels that way. I know I do

Evening ladies! So I finally got to see 300 this afternoon. All I can say is :claphands: As for naked Gerry..... :pant: OMG!!!! Trixie, I was tearing up at the end of the movie too. And I don't know about the rest of you but I think Lena did a wonderful job as the Queen. She was one tough woman when she needed to be.

I am sooo ready for Indy to get here. Thankfully time seems to be just flying by. It will be here before I know it I'm sure.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing 300 a few more times. How much of the $70 million in ticket sales do you think are repeat customers? lol I'm sure it accounts for a lot of the sales. I think I'd be happy to go just for the "moonlit" scene. :cunning:

Anyways, I'll be popping back in later. I can't wait to see the final totals for the ticket sales for the weekend. :wow2: