Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greyeyegoddess

Gerry fans meet up...in Hollywood

Guest greyeyegoddess

I posted this already on another thread, but when Dr. Em asks me to do something-like post this on a separate thread, I do it! :kisswink:

When I woke up today, I realized that I had been up almost 40 hours with a scattered hour of sleep since Monday morning...15 minutes here, 30 minutes there. (ooooh, now I'm paying for it...)

My dvd recorder didn't come in today! I'm bummed! I was hoping to get the convention video online tonight. If I don't sleep, I'll work on the next transcript from the convention.

I left the bay area around 8 am (late) and got into L.A. about 1 pm. I offered to pick up Dr. Em and Stef of GALS from the airport after two. I didn't have a nice top, so I found a Nordstrom's rack right before the airport. Found not one, but three black tops.

I was having fun driving down to L.A.

I spent the few hours before the premiere, meeting up with everyone. Saw Jenn, Susan, Suzanne and her group, Holly, Marissa, and a bunch of other people, who I can't remember now...LOL. Serves me right for not writing everyone's name down. Actually, I found the Admin of GB Angels to be a delightful person, like Dr. Em. We had pizza delivered while we were getting dressed.

Holly got us a stretch limo (we pitched in our monies to pay). Twenty of us got into a white, Escalade limo and drove to the premiere. It was a blast to sit with all these women (and one husband-Linda' s hubby-GB Angel's admin). We got to the red carpet, but passed up the area to pick up our tickets, so we had to ride in again. It was fun watching the people outside wondering who was in the car. We arrived after 6:30 pm.

It was a neat experience to see the fans everywhere on the streets. It was also mentioned that WB passed out 100 flyers on the street for anyone who wanted to come to the show.

Unfortunately, when you go to a premiere, unless you are a star, you can't hobnob around. You have to go into the theater and get your seats.

I had never been to the Graumann's theater. It's nice...for it's age.

WB provided free popcorn and drinks.

My seat was all the way in the front. I was laying on my back to watch the movie, which I guess when it comes Gerry, that's not a bad position. LOL!

I saw a few celebs come in. I recognized Lena.

Another thing about a premiere. The theater turns off the lights when the big stars come in, so you focus your attention on the screen, not the people coming in.

We thought that Gerry and Zack would watch from the balcony booths above us. I was told that Gerry was in the middle of the crowd. Lucky people!

Before the show started, I had a chance to meet a lot of fans from all over the websites. LOL! I love it when fans say, "So YOUR greyeyegoddess!" LOL! Does that mean I'm notorious? Infamous? A problem?

The audience loved the movie...I do have to say that this was the first time though, that there wasn't a standing ovation-dang it! I should have just got up! The two IMAX movies, we got up and applauded. Maybe they don't do that in L.A. I don't know.

BUTTTTTT.... There were hoots and hollers for Gerry when he first appeared on the screen, and well that moonlight stance...I could hear a lot of big gasps and sighs. Made me giggle....

For once, though, no one laughed at Rodrigo's character. The other two times in San Francisco, there were some giggles.

After the movie ended, by the time the credits were done, half the theater was out. I saw the guy who played the "son", walking around. Very tall. Lots of very tall, handsome men.

As the last of the theater goers were walking out, including me, we saw a crowd of people and Gerry's head sticking above. People getting autographs, giving gifts, etc.

Yes, I caught a glimpse and a few pictures of Gerry. He looked fantastic, but a bit annoyed or concerned. Around Gerry were at least 3-5 body guards, trying to move Gerry and his entourage out to the street, to get to the after party at the Roosevelt hotel-across the street.

One of the other admins had a ticket to the party and invited Dr. Em. They truly deserved it. The rest of us waited to see if we could get into the party...but no such luck. While waiting for the admins to come out, we saw the two boy actors from the movie, the "son" again, that guy who played in "Thank you for smoking", the other guy from Beauty and the Beast, and probably a bunch of the Spartans. A look a like Bono was walking the streets.

I was just glad that someone from GALS got in to represent us. And rightfully, it was Dr. Em.

Susan got a picture with Ioan from Fantastic Four and Amazing Grace. Most of the actors from the movie 300 were there, as pictures are coming up to prove it. I just never saw them around. Saw Zack and wife arriving and leaving the theater.

We hung around until 11 pm...movie ended 9:30 pm. Back to the hotel by taxis, I stayed in a quiet room with Dr. Em and Stef, who was feeling ill during the movie, and watched Craig's show. I left after Gerry's segment was done.

It was an honor to be at the premiere. The only disappointment was that no one came to the front of the theater to introduce the movie, actors, crew, or anything like that. This was not my first premiere, so I had a little expectation. That was weird. We got in, the movie started when the lights turned off. But from hindsight, I can understand why. It would have been nice if they did it after the movie, though.

If it wasn't for winning a ticket, I wouldn't have gone for anything. In fact, Thursday night, I was really hoping I wouldn't win. I really went there to see my friends who were coming for the movie, who I had missed deeply missed. I had a feeling, after the Leno incident, that a view of Gerry would be difficult to capture. Some were lucky and some just enjoyed knowing that the premiere had finally happened.

I'm really tired as I have had about an hour's worth of sleep since 6 am yesterday. I don't know how I did it, but I did.

The things we do...

I know that a lot of our local gals are still in L.A. going to screenings and the like.

All in all, it was definitely Gerry's night.

(one more day of bandwidth problems).

Thanks to WB for the tickets, Gerry and crew for the evening and all the fans who made the night a very special evening.

~alice

:music:

Thank you Alice for taking the time to share that. It sounds like everyone who went could use some much deserved rest now!

Debrasue

My seat was all the way in the front. I was laying on my back to watch the movie, which I guess when it comes Gerry, that's not a bad position. LOL!

:funnyabove: I ALWAYS sit in the front row if possible but I know that's just me...my husband and friends all think I'm nuts.

Thanks for sharing this Alice! Now go to bed!

Thank you so much for your detailed account. Sorry it wasn't all you hoped for, but it sounds like you had fun anyway.

Before the show started, I had a chance to meet a lot of fans from all over the websites. LOL! I love it when fans say, "So YOUR greyeyegoddess!" LOL! Does that mean I'm notorious? Infamous? A problem?

:funnyabove: all of the above Alice, all of the above!