Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 15th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 54 floors to go to reach 69 again!

The opening of "300" is less than 24 hours away now and what glorious things are on the horizon for Gerry. It is time for him to prepare for glory in his career, for him to get the recognition he so thoroughly deserves and we are along for the ride - and a wild one it will be, I'm sure! May we honor Gerry's accomplishments for the past 10 years, while anticipating with excitement what the future will bring his way, and therefore ours.

Posted Image

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Hey Ladies!! :wave: A new floor, and I still don't know what day it is!! :bonk:

I really don't and I can't believe I missed Gerry on all my usual entertainment shows last night...where was I? :confused:

Here's something that happened so quickly I really did not get a chance to post. Last Wednesday night, I got a call from my sis that my Aunt found she had a cancerous tumor and the surgery would be (tomorrow) the 8th. Then, Friday morning my sister had left me a message on my home phone while I was in Burbank, that my Aunt had gone in for pre-op testing last Thursday, and her kidneys were failing, so she was admitted to the hospital, but passed from heart failure during the night. It is just unbelieveable.

I have had such extreme emotions in the last week going from very happy to very sad. I have not been able to sleep in a week and cannot even concentrate on pursuing a new job. Sunday and Monday were great because I got to meet some friends in LA on Sunday and then the 300 premiere on Monday...it was so good to be so busy and out of the house. These last two days have not been good for me...too much alone time to think. But thank God, I can come here to Gals and find friends and fun...and Gerry!!.

Love you all!! :kiss:

Hi Nancy! It looks like everyone has gone to bed or something---all the gals who went to wondercon & the premier seem totally exhausted!!! Can't blame them! So sorry to hear about your Aunt!!! So sad! Don't know what to say except that I love you & hope the things that are happening to you right now don't get you too down. Everyone's been waiting to hear from you--we miss you!

Debrasue :erikrose: :hugs::hearts::butterfly:

Hi Debrasue, I think you're right..everyone has gone to bed...and everyone is so tired form all the Gerry excitement of this past wwekend. Me too, so what am I still doing up so late... :confused:

I have had three very long days with an hour-plus drive each way in just 4 days, and another coming up this Saturday for 300.

My Aunt's viewing is Thursday night and the funeral, (church and graveside) on Friday. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It was very sudden and shocking.

I just read the last and very first page of the now closed thread about Bad Behaviour and what is so disturbing to me is the perception of the after Leno meeting with Gerry and how every person there is being lumped together as if all of the 35 people there were behaving the same way. This is NOT true.

It is very unfair to say that (someplace else) will "ban" anyone in the video. What happened to INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY??? It feels very much like a lynch mob. What will they do? Call in others to point fingers and name names like a police lineup.

I think if anything, people will be afraid to share their stories and videos in the future. It makes sense to me now, how so many from (someplace else), no longer attend the events and get togethers they once used to. They have broken off into smaller groups. I think it goes both ways...some have broken off because they were singled out and criticized, and others because they wanted to not be lumped together in a group with a few bad offenders as is being done right now.

Goodnite for now.

Nancy- I'm so sorry about your loss, I sent you a PM

I too am upset about the fan behavior thread, but mostly about the hijacking of a very real topic that turned into a major snarkfest. That made me sick. So I am glad that thread is closed as it became something it never should have been.

So let us all move on and look to the next wonderful day. That next day being 300 DAY of course, which is tomorrow. HOLY CARP!!! And carp again cuz I can't see 300 until Sunday. I was planning on seeing it Fri. night, but it just can't happen.

Love you all!!

Nancy- I'm so sorry about your loss, I sent you a PM

I too am upset about the fan behavior thread, but mostly about the hijacking of a very real topic that turned into a major snarkfest. That made me sick. So I am glad that thread is closed as it became something it never should have been.

So let us all move on and look to the next wonderful day. That next day being 300 DAY of course, which is tomorrow. HOLY CARP!!! And carp again cuz I can't see 300 until Sunday. I was planning on seeing it Fri. night, but it just can't happen.

Love you all!!

:hello: GALS!

First of all, Nancy, let me offer my condolences in the loss of your aunt..something like that is difficult even when you've been expecting it, but for it to happen so suddenly and out of the blue is even harder. You and your family will be in my prayers as you mourn and adjust to this loss...

Secondly, I guess, as usual, I'm blissfully unaware of the recent goings on after the Leno show, mainly because I barely find the time to check in here at the SC periodically, let alone keep with all the other topics and threads. It always saddens me to hear that any of Gerry's fans would act that way, but it's also sad that anyone--or any fan site as well--would stoop to the "guilt by association" method of judging someone. Hopefully we all can learn from these negative--and thankfully, infrequent--happenings...and that's all I'm qualified to say about that subject, since I haven't actually read those particular threads...

Hope you all have a great "day before the big event :leochest: "!

:hugs: Alison

Good Morning GALS its a beautiful day here I have already walked the dog. Today is Midnight Divas father funeral and Nancy I am so sorry about your aunt. My prayers are still with you and your family. Tomorrow is feeding the homeless for me I love it Ilove to cook the food and then serve it. Sometimes we have so many and at other times not many at all. WE also make up 250 to go boxes for what we call the compassion van that takes them to 4 streets in town to a corner and people pick them up an dtake them to the apartments of shut ins. So the people I work with are so nice a lot of men who clean and cook and wash the pots and pans for the water is very hot. And they clean up all we do is cut stuff and put it out and serve. So we have it easy I think. I hope everyone has a good day, Irene, sue, Cat , nancy Alice, Amanda, Cassie, Landa, Pilar, Mousie, Beachie, Barbara , Shere, Suz Janet, Gemmie Erica, Poppy, Susan, Swannie, Christine, Libby, Amy, Alison, Peggy, Trixie, Bella, Mariane, Marcia , Suzanne, Anna , AimeeMarie, Binkie, Linda, Cricket, Desert, Lexie, Lady Yvonne, Dina and anyone I forgot I am sorry, love ya'll Betts

Nancy, I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt. I am sending you my thoughts and prayers.

Phan, you're in good company about missing all the hullaballoo. I haven't had the time lately to keep up on everything like I used to, but enjoy it vicariously through them, and that works for me.

Susan, I reallllllllllly hope you don't get the "icky-poo" that I've been going through for a week now. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that you stay well!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi GALS!

Yay, my pictures are back. I'll work on them later so I don't have that bandwidth overage again.

Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling better.

I have the biggest headache I have ever had right now. I fought off a 100 degree temperature last night. I'm almost ashamed to say that I sacrificed my body for 300 over the weekend....but it was fun! :cunning:

I think with everything going on yesterday, it kind of mentally got to me last night.

I'm so happy the day is finally here! Tonight, 300 is going to be released and it will be a big seller. I hope it's #1 for a few weeks, not just this week.

It seems like we've made the journey with Gerry. I still remember Gerry saying that he had something big coming around.

Watch out Spielberg and Ford...a new actor/director of action movies is moving on up....Snyder and Butler!

Hugs!

~alice

:music:

First off...Nancy My deepest Sympathies Sweetie! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. Second...I think we can all safely say being the sisterhood that we have going here ... when something like what happened after the Leno show comes up in our posts and we voice our opinions I think we all know that this group of Gals has been more than respectful and caring for the man that brings us all together. Nancy, you are right..even though you know you had nothing to do with what went on I can see why you feel the need to express your own opinion and because of the fact that you were THERE who has a better right to! So I'm still giddy over the fact that you got to meet him and yes to get a HUG!!!! So now...where are the pics?? I'm waiting ....I'm tapping my foot but I'm waiting..... :kisswink:

Betts, Look at you! You are one beautiful Lady... I know I tell you that all the time but I can't help it ..... So giving of yourself to others ...Wow! You just amaze me.. :kiss:

Okay now... 15th floor!!! we are climbing up the ladder fast it seems. Because of an actor named Gerard Butler and movies like Attila, Timeline, Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Tomb Raider, Dear Frankie, and others I have come to know and enjoy the company of some gracious, georgeous, gutsy, and intelligent women. Sharing all my happy times and sometimes not so happy times but mostly my goofy times with you guys have been the highlight of my Love and admiration for Gerry!

After 300 I think he is going to be where he should have been for a long long time!! On top of the world!! I think he will still be humbled by all the new admiration that's about to be bestowed upon him... Gerry is and always will be a STAR to me!!

(((HUGS))) to all who need them and ...those that don't!

:kiss: Fran

Good Morning GALS its a beautiful day here I have already walked the dog. Today is Midnight Divas father funeral and Nancy I am so sorry about your aunt. My prayers are still with you and your family. Tomorrow is feeding the homeless for me I love it Ilove to cook the food and then serve it. Sometimes we have so many and at other times not many at all. WE also make up 250 to go boxes for what we call the compassion van that takes them to 4 streets in town to a corner and people pick them up an dtake them to the apartments of shut ins. So the people I work with are so nice a lot of men who clean and cook and wash the pots and pans for the water is very hot. And they clean up all we do is cut stuff and put it out and serve. So we have it easy I think. I hope everyone has a good day, Irene, sue, Cat , nancy Alice, Amanda, Cassie, Landa, Pilar, Mousie, Beachie, Barbara , Shere, Suz Janet, Gemmie Erica, Poppy, Susan, Swannie, Christine, Libby, Amy, Alison, Peggy, Trixie, Bella, Mariane, Marcia , Suzanne, Anna , AimeeMarie, Binkie, Linda, Cricket, Desert, Lexie, Lady Yvonne, Dina and anyone I forgot I am sorry, love ya'll Betts

God Bless You Betty Ann,

Hugs from Anna X

Hi Debrasue, I think you're right..everyone has gone to bed...and everyone is so tired form all the Gerry excitement of this past wwekend. Me too, so what am I still doing up so late... :confused:

I have had three very long days with an hour-plus drive each way in just 4 days, and another coming up this Saturday for 300.

My Aunt's viewing is Thursday night and the funeral, (church and graveside) on Friday. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It was very sudden and shocking.

I just read the last and very first page of the now closed thread about Bad Behaviour and what is so disturbing to me is the perception of the after Leno meeting with Gerry and how every person there is being lumped together as if all of the 35 people there were behaving the same way. This is NOT true.

It is very unfair to say that (someplace else) will "ban" anyone in the video. What happened to INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY??? It feels very much like a lynch mob. What will they do? Call in others to point fingers and name names like a police lineup.

I think if anything, people will be afraid to share their stories and videos in the future. It makes sense to me now, how so many from (someplace else), no longer attend the events and get togethers they once used to. They have broken off into smaller groups. I think it goes both ways...some have broken off because they were singled out and criticized, and others because they wanted to not be lumped together in a group with a few bad offenders as is being done right now.

Goodnite for now.

Nancy sweetie, I have already sent you a pm, so sorry for your loss.

Anna X Posted Image

Good afternoon my friends.

Alice, I hope that you get better real fast....you DID sacrifice your health this past week to make sure all of us at Wondercon got taken care of! {{{hugs}}}

Nancy, I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your aunt. You are in my prayers. Death is hard enough but when it come that suddenly it really can take your breathe away. My mother died very suddenly many years ago and I know how devastating it was for me.....but as the years have gone by I have many times thanked God that He took her so fast and that she didn't have to suffer. Hopefully soon you will feel the same way.

Betts, I'm so glad that you are having another beautiful day my dear! You so deserve it.

Frannie, any news yet?

Peggy, I sure hope that Ron keeps it up! Now that would be such an answer to prayer.

I'm with you Alison...I missed all the controversy (and I'm glad I did)....but I did watch a video on youtube and I thought Gerry was having a good time ....the only bad thing I saw was the fact that the video was labeled with something like Stalking....and I just didn't think that was necessary (I must be oblivious). Gerry is a big boy and he didn't have to go in the midst of fans. Anyway Nancy, I am so SO glad that you were there and got a hug (wish it was me though) :cunning:

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Nancy, I'm so so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your aunt. You've had such a roller coaster of emotions these last few days, it's unbelievable. Please know that you have all the support in the world here.

As to the fan stuff that's been going on. Something that struck me today when I got a chance to just walk away from the emotions of it is this. Lots of folks were at these things. And there are very few incidents of something happening that could be viewed as not using the best judgement. We hear about them because they are an anomaly. The vast majority of the folks behaved just fine. Let's keep our eyes on the ball, everyone. And be glad that Gerry is getting the recognition that he deserves. He's a smart man that will not walk away from a fan base because a few people misbehave. And on that note, Nancy, I agree with you. We can't paint a whole group of people with a broad brush just because a couple of people are out of line.

Alice, I remember that too, when Gerry talked about the "something big" on the horizon. It was at the Red Eye premiere, I think. (Should I know that? :lol: ) He was so excited about it, I loved it.

Gerry - I can't wait to hear what the rest of the world says when they see you in this movie. Time for other people to catch onto to what we've already figured out. :kisswink:

Alice, I remember that too, when Gerry talked about the "something big" on the horizon. It was at the Red Eye premiere, I think. (Should I know that? :lol: ) He was so excited about it, I loved it.

Yep, I remember that too! It was at the Red Eye premiere... (hey, I know it too! hehe)

And now, nearly what...a year and a half later? 300 descends...! :claphands:

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. :hug99: Rollarcoaster ride indeed.

Erica, no worries, luv. We still love the stuffing outta ya, smoker or no. I'm impressed with how long you were able to keep off in the first place! :hug99:

Suz, you moved yet? I hate the moving process...but it's kinda fun to decorate a new place!

*crawls away* <---- about all I have the energy for right now...

My apologies to the forum in general...last night many emotions descended and I found myself lashing out a bit...those who where there know what I mean, those who weren't...better you don't. ;) In any case, I shall tie my tongue...or rather my fingers...next time.

~Mel

:hearts:

~Mel

*gasps*

You mean you're human A-brrrrrock? How stunning to find that out. :kisswink:

Big boob squishing hugs to you, hon.

Too much drama and not enough Gerry lusting I say!!!

:woo: :woo: for 300! :claphands::claphands::claphands:

*gasps*

You mean you're human A-brrrrrock? How stunning to find that out. :kisswink:

Big boob squishing hugs to you, hon.

Too much drama and not enough Gerry lusting I say!!!

:woo: :woo: for 300! :claphands::claphands::claphands:

Aye, yes, a little too much for my own good!!

I love ya to pieces, Jill!! You know, I really wish I could see 300 for the first time sitting next to you...Beowulf was an absolute riot, I love your reactions!!

Oh, I'm on the phone with my brother...he's coming with Mousie and I tomorrow to see 300! w00t! He was debating for weeks whether or not to see it...because I had the sly idea to show him the trailers.... *muahahahaha*

That WAS fun sitting next to you watching Beowulf. Imagine how bad I could have been if Tonya wasn't sitting right behind me. :D

Have fun with your brother.

That WAS fun sitting next to you watching Beowulf. Imagine how bad I could have been if Tonya wasn't sitting right behind me. :D

She was? Boy, I'M observant!! :doh:

So, looks like from the about.com interview that "Priest" isn't gonna happen. Wonder what's up next....

~Mel

'noon everyone. I got an A in algebra! WOOT!

Nancy: I, too, am sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your aunt. My thoughts will be with you and your family. :rose:

Alice and Susan: you gals feel better soon! :finger:

Tonya was sitting close by me??? :jawdrop: I am also oblivious!

I'm seeing 300 tomorrow! :yippee: 12:50pm MST. Whoohoo!

Mousie

You go an "A"? Mousie, that's AWESOME!!

:claphands::claphands:

w00t w00t!!

Okay, I'm antsy...I SO wanna go see 300 NOW...

Patience is...a...virtue........ *breathe* :D

~Mel

Congrats Mousie....an A???? I thought you were having trouble with Algebra....sure don't look like it now!!! I'm so happy for you dear! :claphands:

Mel, you? lashing out? darn, I miss everything! {just kidding}

hugs,

Sue

Guest pilaraquarius

Nancy...sweetheart..I am SO SORRY for your loss! (Gentle hugs)

SUSAN....You know we all love you...right? :kiss:

Good Evening Lovelies!!

I thought I'd share this story with you all.....fookin' RIOT!

I guess I still have the "Gerry shakabooty" all over me still BECAUSE...

On my first day back at work today....THREE customers at separate times of the day asked me on a date...LOL LOL LOL.....

I politely declined...but I must be looking a little different somehow....

Could it be I have that G "glow'? :whome2:

Must be.....hmmmmmmm.....

:wave:

Rock on, Pilar! The G-glow does somethin' to people, tell ya what!

Mel, you? lashing out? darn, I miss everything! {just kidding}

hugs,

Sue

I can get kinda....passionate...when my kin is attacked.... *ahem*

But! Here we be! I'm posting from a performance...there's a computer backstage, well, technically it's a podium computer for the student theatre on campus, where a number of classes are held, so it's a tech classroom computer...anyway. The show is in the blackbox theatre that's adjoined with this one, and whenever I'm not setting props or whatnot, I'm back here guarding the place. Nothing like browsing GALS to kill time!

~Mel

So, can I join in on the fun right here, or do I have to start from the bottom of the highrise?

Because I'm soooo prepared for glory my cell phone is set for an alarm to go off at 12:01am, signaling that "300" finally opens!!

(Damn RI for not doing any midnight showings....if I could get to one, that would be AWESOME)

Stacy