Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

'300' Have You Seen It?

Damn, Damn, Damn! How can I be as eloquent as all y'all have been? I suppose I'm still in shock and must take an hour or so to compose my thoughts.

I went with a friend, not a Gerry fan, and definitely not her kind of movie. Her comments were, "there was no actiing in that movie," which sort of pissed me off. Yeah, there were its good and bad parts, (as you've all so brilliantly put to words) but no acting? Are you friggin KIDDING ME?

So far, I'm saying AMEN to everything you all have said so far. I'll go with that until I find the right words.

Pam

I saw two showings today, and I'm exhausted. I may write a full length review when I've had some sleep... but for now, all I can say is that I am as proud of Gerry, as if he were a blood relative.

This film truly showcases his growth as an actor, in my view, mostly by the measured and more quiet, introspective moments of the film. That's where I really felt the intensity and intelligence of Leonidas.

To be honest, I found that I could not take my eyes off him... all 6'2 gloriousness of him. When I wasn't looking at his legs or his groin, or ripped torso, I could not take my eyes off his mouth... his eyes.

He stunned me... he broke my heart and he made me proud.

I have much more to say, but the brain is freezing up.

Night all... I'll write more later!

Swannie

Okay....Where to begin? Lets see well, I went and saw "300" last night with my friends Nia and Josh. I cannot even breathe right now let alone think. It was so stunning , so utterly mesmerising. The visuals were out of this world and the music just added a whole layer to the over all story....at part so indescribabley beautiful. Though there were some rather odd-ball battle creatures within the fight scenes, it in its own wierd kind of way added something overall. Lena was so kick-arse as Gorgo and there were times when the whole audience was cheering her on. David Whenham was so superb as well and was a really perfect narrator. I must admit the moonlight shot was rather nice and the sex scene...idk hard to describe(its not a bad thing though). On a more shallow note, I could not stop starring at Gerry`s bulging muscles, and that...voice!

......Gerry, oh my lord, I have never seen a performance like his in my entire life. That man is through and through Leonidas, a true king.That one sequence where he knocked out like 30 guys in one beautiful choreographed battle-dance....left me speachless. His whole performance left me speach-less actually. Gerry was just magnificent, like there are no words to describe what I felt, what I feel right at this moment. There were so many emotions mixed together at such an intense degree that I cannot even muster how to sum it all up.

And Yes I cried, those last moments, I just felt in a way such heart-break...you know just staring into his eyes at the last moment. I coudlnt even tell you how I felt, it was so intense.

When it was over, I walked out of the theater in this overwhelmed, surreal, stunned state of being, trying desperately to recap what I had just witnessed. When my friend Nia turned to me to see the look on my face, she looked into my eyes and she told me and I quote," You look as though you went to Heaven, saw it and came back". Bewildered I looked at her at just plainly nodded and silently mouthed "Yeah"...I dont think words were really required.

So there Gals is my 300 saga, and I plan on seeing it over and over again.

~Sarah

Edited by AngelofMusic

There are heartbreaking moments, like when Astinos dies infront of his father. The Captain, you could see how proud he was of him, but at the same time, he really wasn't supposed to show it, so he would give him "the father" look..but you knew he was scared for him as well, he was his father, no matter what he said about having more than enough to replace him, no matter what it means to be a spartan, his reaction to what happens is totally what I thought it would be, plus it gave the Spartans such depth, they aren't just warriors they are HUMANS, with feelings..but Leonidas showed that first...

Although heartbreaking this was my favorite scene. I saw the movie in advance a couple weeks ago and went last night w/a few Midwest Lasses - Wahoo! Right before he died him and Stelios had a fierce battle and they did it as Gerry stated in that Cinemax clip in a Kicka** way! The look in his father's eyes when he saw the Persian coming was priceless. Spartans are supposed to be tough and to not show fear, but you could see the hurt in his eyes when he watched his son die in such a fashion. They pretty much knew their chance of dying was high, but to witness it was just so emotional.

I just loved the movie. Yes, Gerry commands the screen, but truly ALL the Spartans even the little unknown ones in the background command the screen. I mean to have all those nicely tone fit men standing with their cods and red capes I mean come on. Gerry is loved, but I have to give those others a bit of credit because they were YUMMY! :cunning: I've liked Michael Fassbender since I've been watching him in "Hex" and he rocked just as much as Gerry. I've adored Vincent Regan for about 5 yrs. as well and he was an excellent Captain.

I've read the reviews and a few of the them had an issue w/the setting not looking like Greece but favored something out of a computer game, etc... and I say that's okay. I think most people are expecting an epic true life drama and are a bit disappointed that they don't get this. Hello, the story of the 300 Spartans is true, but this particular version is based on a comic book as I thought was understood by now. Why are some people still going into it expecting true life. I loved the sepia effects w/the touch of color. It worked for me.

Last night when I went I turned to my friend afterwards and asked her if she liked it. She turns and says "I shed a little tear at the end there. What kind of wuss am I turning into." Well I understood what she was feeling but my moment was during Astinos death. That still gets to me.

Well, I'm going out to dinner w/a few more Midwest Lasses and seeing the movie afterwards so it should be fun. I'm going to see it tomorrow w/my hubby. After this weekend I would have seen it 4 times. You know what, I think I can squeeze in a few more showings if I'm up to it. I plan on seeing this again and again and again....

Cassie

Wow....King Leonides ISN'T sexy to ya?

*gulp* An erm....antonymn to my feelings! (it's all good, no worries! i happen to find leonides incredibly sexy...becoming a quick favorite of my Black Velvet)

Hehehe...poooooor Abrock! I've sent you into total shock now, haven't I? I don't quite know how to explain it, but it isn't that Leonidas has no sexuality, per se...he's reeking of it! Masculinity drips off of him (and runs down those thighs in rivers....Oooooh...what an IMAGE! ACK!!) He has all of that in spades. It's just that for me, personally, I want to see his FACE! I can't fall "in love" if I can see his face! (Or at least HALF of it...peeking out from a mask, maybe?) So I never felt the same kind of connection for Leo as I did for the Phantom, for The Stranger, or even for Dracula. I'm a FACE kinda gal, I guess. Now if I could have given him a quick shave, brushed those silly bangs off his forehead and thrown the helmet off a cliff, I would probably have swooned dead away from the sheer beauty of him.

BUT...having said all of that...I really would not have changed anything about his character. He WAS King Leonidas and the way he looked made it all work for this part. It was just perfectly done and his acting was supreme. I don't have to fall "in love" with every character he plays. I just have to BELIEVE in every character, and I absolutely believed in Leonidas. And THAT'S what's important in a role like this.

And I am STILL mind-boggled at how good the movie was. It was so much MORE than I expected, even with all the clips I've seen and things I've read. I loved it. Everything about it. But when *I* get to play Queen Gorgo, I'm makin' my man shave, stylin' his hair differently, and throwin' away that Marvin the Martian helmet!!! At LEAST while we're in the BEDROOM!!

Smooochies to ya!!

Marcia

Xerxes. I can't help it. He looks like a big golden drag queen. Santoro's acting was good. I felt it. But still, I almost laughed. How are you intimidated by someone with a feminine swagger and golden panties? I half expected him to flip a wrist and prance down his golden stairs. I know that's horribly, horribly stereotypical of me, and I've got gay friends that don't ever do that stuff, but gees. I also know that's what he looked like in the comic. But I think they over did it.

Last night I asked my girlfriend if she thought Gerry looked good and she was like "Yeah, but you're going to think I'm weird, but that Xerxus guy was hot. Who's that guy?" I told her who he was and what he has been in and she was like "Oh, I know who's. I don't know I think it's something w/the gold paint, the body piercings or his height w/the speedo, who knows, but it works for me." I dropped her off (she parked at my house) and as she's getting in her car she's like "I got to get home and google some people." She's not a Gerry fan per se. She puts up w/me for the sake of it although she does find him attractive. Nope, she wanted to get home to google Rodrigo, Michael Fassbender and Tom Wisdon (Astinos). Silly woman. :lol:

Cassie

Xerxes. I can't help it. He looks like a big golden drag queen. Santoro's acting was good. I felt it. But still, I almost laughed. How are you intimidated by someone with a feminine swagger and golden panties? I half expected him to flip a wrist and prance down his golden stairs. I know that's horribly, horribly stereotypical of me, and I've got gay friends that don't ever do that stuff, but gees. I also know that's what he looked like in the comic. But I think they over did it.

Last night I asked my girlfriend if she thought Gerry looked good and she was like "Yeah, but you're going to think I'm weird, but that Xerxus guy was hot. Who's that guy?" I told her who he was and what he has been in and she was like "Oh, I know who's. I don't know I think it's something w/the gold paint, the body piercings or his height w/the speedo, who knows, but it works for me." I dropped her off (she parked at my house) and as she's getting in her car she's like "I got to get home and google some people." She's not a Gerry fan per se. She puts up w/me for the sake of it although she does find him attractive. Nope, she wanted to get home to google Rodrigo, Michael Fassbender and Tom Wisdon (Astinos). Silly woman. :lol:

Cassie

I'm tellin' ya, it's a good thing there's vanilla, chocolate and strawberry..................

:lol::lol::lol:

Hugs,

Marcia

When he turns around with tears in his eyes, no... I'd say more like crying, it tore me up. My God that was sad.

The love scene being in segments like that wasn't quite what I wanted. I wanted a full shot of them together if ya know what I mean. She's gorgeous but I would have liked to have seen a little more King. Wouldn't we all? :kisswink:

Bonnie

When he turns around with tears in his eyes, no... I'd say more like crying, it tore me up. My God that was sad.

The love scene being in segments like that wasn't quite what I wanted. I wanted a full shot of them together if ya know what I mean. She's gorgeous but I would have liked to have seen a little more King. Wouldn't we all?

Bonnie

It was very sad and then he say's the my queen line knowing it's the end.

Truly emotional.

I think they showed more Gorgo and oracle because this was geared more to a male audience.

Hi everyone and I hope your still talking to me?? I have to explain what my evening was like last night at the movie theater... First off they didn't show 300 in the main theater but in the smallest one! The picture was lousy to begin with during the previews of regular movies (you know no special effects ) and part of the time we had a split screen! It was totally freezing in there and my sister and I could not get warm. I kept my coat on thru the whole movie which of course made it more umcomfortable because I hated the arms of the seats! The sound was awesome that much I can say... Gerry was awesome...Lena was awesome.... so I really did like parts of it. Especially when Lena(Gorgo) Got her revenge! The end was heart breaking although I knew it was coming I still teared up as a matter of fact my nephew kept asking me if I was all right... The audience really had no reaction except for a little laughter now and then. They didn't cheer when I thought they would... they didn't applaud at all but you could hear a pin drop during the movie so I figure that was something! Our local Newsday gave the movie 2 1/2 stars!! The new Clive Owen movie got 4 stars?? So I think that you have to have a special liking for this type of movie...thats all I'm saying and I think in the long run I'm worried that it won't live up to all the hype and I will be very very sad.... Marcia, I agree with you about the beard but that was part of his character and I guess as long as we know whats underneath it (Gorgeous-ness) we got thu that part huh? Believe me I far from hated the movie ...I found it to be awsome in a lot of shots ...I think I'm just too old fashioned and would like someday to see Gerry play a character that looks like him and is not tampered with but just a good old drama, love story, mystery or just a regular movie...you know like Burns!This is the last I'm going to say about it and I am truley happy for everyone that got a chance to see it happier yet that we can express our true feelings about it to one another!

Please don't hate me because I'm an old fart!

(((HUGS))) Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Awwww Frannie...

1. You're not an old fart.

2. No one...I repeat NO ONE is going to hate you for your opinions and they are certainly not going to stop talking to you because of them! Not when they're rendered in your typically cheerful and fun loving manner!

You are entitled to your opinions and as well as the opportunity to voice them.

Love ya Fran! :kiss:

edited because I can't type

Edited by hobbes3

Guest greyeyegoddess

Fran, don't worry. I already met people who love Gerry, but this movie isn't their type of movie. No problem. We still luvs ya!

I had to remember what I thought and felt about the movie...I tried to take more mental notes last night again.

I think if there is really anything that isn't liked about the movie...it's kind of the fault of the comic book...because things like the beard, Xerxes costume, the immortals, the beasts...all come from the comic book. Don't blame the movie if you haven't looked at the comic book. :kisswink:

If anyone read the comic before the movie, maybe you can understand this.

I guess in my own mind, the characters were more bawdy, yet stiff in the book. No feelings about anything. Gerry did an excellent job allowing his character to show what little feelings a Spartan could feel-friendship, honor, love. I was most impressed with how the movie dealt with Leo and E----- how ever you spell his name...the hunchback. In the comic book, Leo is downright mean! You almost want Leo to get his up and comings. In the movie, Gerry's character is somewhat sympathetic, adding, "My friend, I cannot use you."

Also, most definitely, the very last scene with Leonidas laying there, definitely puts a lump in your throat, especially if you've had any kind of deep exposure to Christianity or Catholicism...or anything with similar stories like that. I'm not saying that it represents anything, but it definitely reminds one of something.

I was really scared at what the movie would do with Gorgo's character, since there isn't much in the book. Lena's portrayal was excellent! And again, Gorgo was a b---- in the comic book, but a defender and a great help to her husband in the movie. There was more of a love story in the movie than in the comic...where there is none.

Just before I saw this movie the first time..ahem...I had just watched one of my favorite war movies, Glory, on AMC. The movie was shown with comments from the cast and crew. One particular comment I remembered was from Morgan Freeman, when he mentioned that as soon as the troops had uniforms, they felt they were part of the union. This reminded me of Game of our Lives, when the players kept asking when they would received their uniforms--which in turn came back to remind me when the hunchback wanted to be a part of the Spartan army and when he couldn't, he sided with the Persians. It seemed it was important for him to belong, because he wanted a uniform. I just thought that was interesting.

After watching all the clips before the movie was out, I regret that I watched them after I saw the movie. There were still surprises, but for instance, the love scenes were kind of all shown in the clips or the international trailers...even the pictures, as the film would have it. I really thought there was going to be more to the scenes...but maybe for my sake, it was a good thing there wasn't more.

I would have to say that even if Gerry wasn't in the film, I still would have seen it, but probably on dvd. I like these kinds of movies, even if everyone else doesn't-like Troy, Alexander, King Arthur, etc.

DANG those eyes! If it weren't for Gerry's eyes during the movie...feeling the frustration, the heavy responsibility, the inner conflict, the leadership, his love, planning the next move that would count, I think half the story would have been lost. Close ups on Leo's eyes was part of the comic book, too. But it was nice to know those were Gerry's eyes.

If I remember anything else after our luncheon and movie today, I'll be back at ya!

~alice

:music:

(really crushing on Stelios now)

I would have to say that even if Gerry wasn't in the film, I still would have seen it, but probably on dvd. I like these kinds of movies, even if everyone else doesn't-like Troy, Alexander, King Arthur, etc.

DANG those eyes! If it weren't for Gerry's eyes during the movie...feeling the frustration, the heavy responsibility, the inner conflict, the leadership, his love, planning the next move that would count, I think half the story would have been lost. Close ups on Leo's eyes was part of the comic book, too. But it was nice to know those were Gerry's eyes.

If I remember anything else after our luncheon and movie today, I'll be back at ya!

~alice

:music:

(really crushing on Stelios now)

Right there with ya Alice. I like this genre as well and would definitely have seen it anyway.

And you are right on the money about The G's eyes. The dialogue was sparsely written but everything you needed to know about Leonidas was in Gerry's eyes. There were times, especially during the battle scenes that they were darkened but during the closeups, they were portals into the King's mind, heart and soul. Everything that The G said he hoped to portray was all right there.

Xerxes. I can't help it. He looks like a big golden drag queen. Santoro's acting was good. I felt it. But still, I almost laughed. How are you intimidated by someone with a feminine swagger and golden panties?

Jen

Hiya, Jen! Just wondering...have ya ever gotten into a knock-down, drag-out fight with a "big golden drag queen?" Let me tell you from personal experience...it's about as scary a situation as you would EVER want to be in! (Don't ask me how I know. Suffice it to say there's not much I haven't done or seen in my 63 years!)

:cunning:

I agree with you that's just what Xerxes looked like...and that's just why I found him profoundly evil and frightening. (NOT that I'm afraid of your average drag queen or at ALL homophobic. Just that when you see anyone that extreme, you know you need to tread softly and be vewy, vewy afraid!)

I shivered every time Xerxes spoke. It definitely worked for me.

Hugs,

Marcia

Just wanted to tell you guys that the movie critic for the Orlando Sentinel gave 300 FOUR stars. It's his hightest rating, and his review is superb. He GOT it. And even the things he didn't care for he understood why they were that way. I've written to find out how and where to share it with you guys so you can read it for yourself.

I saw or heard no bad responses to the film during our viewing, though because it was midafternoon, the theater wasn't packed. The sound was wonderful, and the quality of the film was excellent. I think our AmStar did a great job of showcasing it properly.

Hugs,

Marcia

One of my favorite scenes (which is well, hard to choose because my favorites are...half the movie) is when Leonides is giving Delios his last orders to return and tell their tale. Just such a great quiet, male moment, two men who revere each other as brothers, Leonides as the older brother (even though Gerry is younger than David...but go with me here :kisswink:) letting his younger brother know of his love and respect for him. Beautiful moment. Gerry's subtle smile...always grips my heart.

~Mel

Inspiring.

If there's one word to describe this film, to me it is "Inspiring". I seriously wanted to go kick some serious arse by the end of this movie. . .alas there were no Persians or Xerxes around to do so. To just think, 300 men stood against so many. . .and whilst they had aid from neighboring cities, in the end it was the Spartans that stood against the Persians. They fought against the tyrannies of darkness for their right to one thing. . .

Freedom

What is the value of freedom in our world today?

I was awestruck from the thundering drums at the beginning to the rolling credits at the end. . .and every person that was involved in the making of this film, you definitely have a right to be proud of this film. In a way it was like the comic book, yet the movie allowed us to see the "man" behind the Spartan. When Delios was telling his stories, the Captain's mourning for his son, beholding the tree of death, Leonidas telling Ephialtes he could not fight amongst the rank of the Spartans, the passionate love between Gorgo and Leonidas. . .

While this film may not be complete history, it IS in fact a part of the true story. What matters is that these Spartans, these men of valor and honor still live on today, they are not forgotten and ARE remembered in our hearts. These were real men, and whilst we may never know who the real Leonidas was. . .we have a taste of it through Gerry's portrayal. Gerry's acting was impeccable, his body language and those eyes said more than the few words he spoke in the film. Not once did I think of him as an actor, HE WAS LEONIDAS in heart, body, and soul. Breathtaking performance!

300 Spartans. . .300 sons. . .300 husbands. . .300 fathers. . .300 men. . .their battle cry still rings in my heart after last night.

Ooooo, OOOOOOh, OOOOOOOH! *me, waving my hand in the air, and shouting, "Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter, call on meeeeeee!* (Boy, am I dating myself there!) I just thought of another thing I wanted to comment on...the MUSIC!!! I kept reading things like "loud, head-banger music" and I was expecting something AWFUL. (I took earplugs just in case, because I didn't want to leave with a splitting headache, and I often DO hate soundtracks that distract me from the movie I'm viewing...my lovely Dracula 2000, for one.)

Anyway, I was as suprised by the soundtrack as I was the overall movie. I thought the music was BRILLIANT! Barbara said "magnificent" and I agreed. It fit every scene to perfection. Those pounding drums during battle made my heart pound in synch and stirred my blood. The ominous sounding choral bits were fraught with emotion and power and just put you RIGHT IN the movie. I can't wait to buy the soundtrack, and I never DREAMED that would happen! Anyone else find the music profoundly moving?

Hugs,

Marcia

This movie touches on so many themes that are universal throughout history. Defending your freedom. Defending your family and home. Standing up to evil. Standing by your comrades. Wanting to belong (the hunchback.) I could just go on and on.

One thing I found, my attention didn't waver once during the movie. Not once did I look to see how much longer it would go. It just kept propelling me forward thru this story. Even, the second time knowing what was coming, I was still mesmerized.

To add to what others have said.

Fran - It really is cool if it isn't your cup of tea. It definitely isn't for everyone. But thanks for not blasting anyone that does love it!! :kisswink: You can come in here anytime and say what you think.

I have to agree (Marcia, I think it was you) I don't love the beard either. But it stayes pretty true to the comic book so I just figure it's part of the "costume of Leonidas) I'm so glad that he gave Gorgo and Leonidas more of a relationship in the movie. The strength that he gathered from her went straight to my heart. As for sexy, oozing out of every pore. Gerry's eyes will always draw me in no matter what he's got over his face. It's what got me first in POTO and continues to this day. Whether or not this picture alone would have made me turn into a puddle of goo like I did with POTO, I don't know. But I have to think that I would have definitely wanted to know more about the star of 300 if I didn't before. Gerry spoke absolute voumes with his eyes throughout the movie. In those moments when he was quiet and brooding, you could see so much was going on in Leonidas' heart and mind. Windows to the soul, to be sure.

I loved the way the love scene was edited. You knew what was going on but it wasn't just SEX. You saw the love and passion that they shared with other. I thought it was beautiful and artistically handled. Gerry's moonlit shot followed by the thighs of wonder shot on the bed are still making me weak. Maybe that's why I've had a hard time focusing still. :lol:

I liked that some of the shots were in slo-mo while others were in normal speed. It gave the battle scenes a very balletic feel to me. I know that sounds weird but it just added to the artistic feel of the film for me. But I was glad it wasn't overused, like in some movies.

I know the creatures were over the top but I agree that they added to the "myth-like" quality of the story that was being told. We know that legends grow over time. This story was being told as Dilios was preparing to lead men into battle. To encourage them to be strong. If those 300 Spartans could face those beasts, then we can stand strong and face what will be facing us. I dunno, just my thoughts on that. My take on the the guy with the swords on his arms was that those weren't meant to be his "own" arms. Just attachments to his arms since his job was executioner of those that failed. Oops, my bad. I meant to say disciplinarian. :lol: His job would be a bit quicker if he wasn't having to wield some big ol' axe.

Xerxes WAS a big golden drag queen. But I thought that fit the role perfectly. Talk about opposites when you compare the kings. Here's Leonidas about as manly as men can be. Willing to take the lead in battle. Putting himself on the line each and every time. Willing to fight and die along his men. And then you have "pretty boy" who is shocked to find that he can actually bleed. Watching him up at the top of the cliff, viewing the raging battle going on below and him not willing to even break a nail. I wanted to pull one those cheek rings out of his face. BUT Rodrigo has amazing eyes and did a wonderful job with what was probably a pretty difficult role.

Pam - Your friend said no acting? *sigh* I guess I'd have to agree to disagree. :confused:

Cassie - I don't blame your friend for wanting to google Michael Fassbender. He is one sexy man, IMO as well. I'll fight in the shade with him anytime. :cunning:

I loved that the movie had quiet times as well as the big ol' kickass battle scenes. A perfect blend for me. And finally the music. I thought the music was absolutely fabulous. It moved the story along but was never distracting.

Sorry that this is so freaking long. It wasn't my intention. I guess my thoughts are beginning to gel. Now I just need an editor. LOL

I have to agree (Marcia, I think it was you) I don't love the beard either. But it stayes pretty true to the comic book so I just figure it's part of the "costume of Leonidas)

Hiya, Jilly! Yeah, I think the beard was PERFECT for Leonidas. It gave him exactly the look he needed for this role, and I know it looks just like the comic book, too. (Oh, excuse me...I meant "graphic novel" of course! :kisswink: ) Just because it doesn't turn me on doesn't mean I wanted them to change his look. Nope. The look was right, even if it wasn't MY kind of look. (BTW while I do love Gerry's eyes, it's his MOUTH that does it for me. For my heart to beat faster in "THAT" way, I need to see those lips!) But I'm sold on the way they had him costumed for this role. As I mentioned before, I don't have to fall "in love" with every character...I just have to believe in them. And the way he looked and acted (especially acted) made me believe he was a Spartan king through and through.

I thought the love scene was beautifully done, too. It just was not anything like all the stuff I read. But it was visually a work of art, and so much better to watch than the usual more graphic and explicit stuff. You are right that it expressed so much of their feelings towards each other...you knew just how solid their love was. It was perfection. (Trying not to dwell on the moonlit right thigh, here!)

What did you think of the soundtrack?

Hugs,

Marcia

This movie was amazing. AMAZING! I laughed, cried and all of that. I was touched by it. There were alot of women at the Atlanta IMAX. I was kind of shocked but it was mostly frat boys.

Cassie

I'm tellin' ya, it's a good thing there's vanilla, chocolate and strawberry..................

:lol::lol::lol:

Hugs,

Marcia

The first thing I thought of when I saw Xerxes was that he reminded me of an Egyptian Pharoh, and even more so like Ra from Stargate the movie and Apophis from Stargate SG-1. At least they were true to that model of big men with feminine beauty having a God/King complex.

Jen, the way you wrote it yesterday had me laughing so hard I was almost peeing my pants, Hon! You're precious! :rotflmao:

hugs,

Pam

Edited by Football Princess

The soundtrack is the next thing on my "To Buy for Jilly" list. I thought the music was absolutely fabulous. When it needed that driving rhythm, it was there. When it needed to be quiet - it was.

The music simply added to the wonder of this movie to me. Never once, IMO, did it distract or detract from the main thing-the images on the screen. I wasn't totally sure when I heard it was going to be such "modern sounding" music. But honestly, I don't think it could have been done any better.

Landa - same for me too. So far, I've totally been in the minority in the showings I've seen. MAYBE 10% women but I doubt it's even that high. Just keep passing on the word to girlfriends. This movie has ways to appeal to just about everybody.

I can't wait to see it on IMAX. :tasty:

The soundtrack is the next thing on my "To Buy for Jilly" list. I thought the music was absolutley fabulous. When it needed that driving rhythm, it was there. When it needed to be quiet - it was.

The music simply added to the wonder of this movie to me. Never once, IMO, did it distract or detract from the main thing-the images on the screen. I wasn't totally sure when I heard it was going to be such "modern sounding" music. But honestly, I don't think it could have been done any better.

Me too Jill. I'd love to hear Nathan's opinion of the music! Hey Swannie, grab your son and have him post his opinion about the music...

I'm home after taking my little one to his gymnastic class. Not feeling well, so I figure I must rest before I go back to see "300" for the 3rd time tonight w/a few GALS. To be honest, this movie is NOT going to win any Oscars for acting, but definately w/the effects and costumes it should be a shoo in. It's a bit over the top, but who cares, I just love this movie. I love the story, the scenery regardless if it's all CGI I love it.

But, lets get gushy here and discuss a very important part of this movie - the luscious bodies standing around. I mean OMFG! I tried, but I cannot think of another movie where it had this many men in so little clothing this fit. Each and every one of them I would love to just touch their 6, 8 or even 10 packs. Nothing like a bit of dirt and sweat mixed in to heighten the look. Gerry is the KING and his body rocks the best yes it does. But a close second is Astinos. Yum! I have to put Delios's and Stelios's together even though one is leaner than the other. I'm sorry, I've seen it twice and enjoyed the entire movie. Tonight, I'm going shallow and I'm there to observe the bodies a bit more intensely. Maybe I'll catch a quick "cheek" pop out by mistake or something. :cunning: I'll still pay attention of course, but I have to look at the bodies. ~SLURP~

Cassie