Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

'300' Have You Seen It?

I seriously doubt this film will be an Oscar contender for anything.... maybe the special effects/CGI

This is not the sort of work Hollywood awards.... even though I think Gerry's performance is deserving. The values this film promotes are not in line with the current mood in Lala land.

Swannie

I seriously doubt this film will be an Oscar contender for anything.... maybe the special effects/CGI

This is not the sort of work Hollywood awards.... even though I think Gerry's performance is deserving. The values this film promotes are not in line with the current mood in Lala land.

Swannie

You have a good point, Swannie. And I agree, except that I think it could win for special effects or whatever category would cover the CGI work. It's not going to be a HOLLYWOOD favorite, I'm sure, but it IS going to be a big money maker, and money talks in LaLaLand. I do think Gerry will have much more marketability after this and will be in a better position to pick and choose future roles. I hope so, anyway. And I'm surprised at the serious critics who DO like the film. Our Orlando critic is pretty tough on movies, and he gave this a 4-star for being a rockin' good time.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for continued success.

Hugs,

Marcia

Whether any movie is an Oscar contender or not makes no never-mind to me. I go to the movies to be entertained and maybe to think a little. This movie did that for me and then some.

When a piece of carp (not a typo) like The Departed wins for Best Picture, I have no use for the Oscars, frankly.

But back to 300 - I love the artsy feel of so many of the scenes in this movie. It really felt like the graphic novel was being lifted off the pages and brought to life.

Xerxes. I can't help it. He looks like a big golden drag queen. Santoro's acting was good. I felt it. But still, I almost laughed. How are you intimidated by someone with a feminine swagger and golden panties?

Jen

Hiya, Jen! Just wondering...have ya ever gotten into a knock-down, drag-out fight with a "big golden drag queen?" Let me tell you from personal experience...it's about as scary a situation as you would EVER want to be in! (Don't ask me how I know. Suffice it to say there's not much I haven't done or seen in my 63 years!)

:cunning:

I agree with you that's just what Xerxes looked like...and that's just why I found him profoundly evil and frightening. (NOT that I'm afraid of your average drag queen or at ALL homophobic. Just that when you see anyone that extreme, you know you need to tread softly and be vewy, vewy afraid!)

I shivered every time Xerxes spoke. It definitely worked for me.

Hugs,

Marcia

LOL. Ya know, I can't say that I have gotten into a fist fight with a drag queen. I guess if he were seven foot tall, I would be a bit scared.

Hint for the drag queen: If you're gonna fight me, remove your facial piercings first, mkay? I'm not a physical fighter, but I'm going to forcibly remove your cheek rings if I have to!!!!!!!!

I didn't shiver when he spoke. I guess it just didn't work for me. And his lips grossed me out when he was trembling. In real life, Rodrigo Santoro is cute (and I say cute because to me he's the pretty sort of hot instead of the highly masculine sort of hot like the G-man), but in the movie when he got hit by Leonidas' spear, it looked to me like he was going to squeeze out a tear or two, throw down his golden chain-ery in a hissy fit, wrinkle up his nose and squeal, "oh my god, you guys, he just totally messed up my lip ring! ugh!" and start a slap-fight.

Still, though. I get your point. The lowering of his voice probably did a lot to help that. I guess I just saw him as trembling on the verge of impotence instead of on the verge of a maniacal killing spree. I just needed more manliness to offset the spartans, I suppose.

I did love the scene when the Captain lost it over his son. Very nice. And I think the most touching scene, for me (as opposed to the scene with the most touching...LOL!) was the end where Leonidas was wounded, on the verge of tears, and dying, looking up at the sun through the rocks, and thinking of his Queen. AMAZING, Gerry. His slack face and the look in his eyes, his whole body language, was brain melting.

Jen

I loved everything about this movie! I went into the theater thinking I was going to see a really fun, badass, gorefest, over-the-top, outrageous & politically Not correct, unique movie-------and I was not disappointed!! And it was so much more than I was anticipating---so many strange & beautiful layers! Zack did a wonderful job casting the perfect actors to their perfect characters!!! And I gotta say....I just love the way Gerry is maturing...physically, mentally,professionally & spiritually! These mature dimensions are very obvious in his interpretation of Leonidas. Though I sincerely doubt that any character Gerry plays will replace The Phantom in my heart---this is right up there with The Stranger & Beowulf!

Debrasue

Edited by Debrasue

GALS,

I've loved reading all your comments.

I've seen the movie twice now. First, at midnight with a couple of friends & then last night with a large group of Gerry friends.

It is an amazing movie on several different levels for me...like art and poetry in motion (words I'm borrowing from a friend but it just describes best what I'm experiencing). Gerry's performance is pitch perfect. Visually for me, Zach could have ended the movie when he zooms in on the King with his arms splayed and all the arrows & then slowly zooms out unitl it looks like the page out of the graphic novel. Nice speech at the end but not needed in my opinion. I thought the love scene was beautifully done but would have enjoyed seeing more of the KING. There must be a lot of that love scene on the cutting room floor. Everything about this movie is stunning.....even the credits. I love the music.

I'll see it again tomorrow at the IMAX.

At both showings, there have been young guys (high school or college age) in red capes carrying swords. Some have designed their own t-shirts with pictures from the film with their own witty sayings. This has greatly enhanced my 300 experience. Didn't expect it, so it has just cracked me up. Is anyone else seeing this type of thing?

Okay....that's my experience.

Nadine

I was really impressed with the music too. In fact, I just got home from buying the soundtrack. :music:

At both showings, there have been young guys (high school or college age) in red capes carrying swords. Some have designed their own t-shirts with pictures from the film with their own witty sayings. This has greatly enhanced my 300 experience. Didn't expect it, so it has just cracked me up. Is anyone else seeing this type of thing?

At the showing I attended yesterday with Texas Gramma, our mandolls were the only ones in costume. We were approached by several people who wanted to buy them. :D

Got the special edition soundtrack and it kicks arse TOO!! Bravo Tyler Bates, Bravo. . .good mix of ethnic old world instruments and modern rock! If you get the soundtrack listen to "Returns the King" first. . .*thud* that song does me in every time.

Di

Hi nade! I think I am the only person here in Elsinore who has been waiting for so long to see this movie-----I was actually the most vocal in the whole theater! Yeah!! But this type of movie invites--no compels you to participate! I had a really boring crowd---except the guys around me did catch a little of the 300 fever just before the end--the last battle scene. Maybe my enthusiasm was infectious--but I just couldn't sit there & not be moved to reaction!!!! Sounds like you had an awesome crowd, nade! You think it was the AZ State University Guys? That's so cool!

Debrasue

LOL. Ya know, I can't say that I have gotten into a fist fight with a drag queen. I guess if he were seven foot tall, I would be a bit scared.

Hint for the drag queen: If you're gonna fight me, remove your facial piercings first, mkay? I'm not a physical fighter, but I'm going to forcibly remove your cheek rings if I have to!!!!!!!!

I didn't shiver when he spoke. I guess it just didn't work for me. And his lips grossed me out when he was trembling. In real life, Rodrigo Santoro is cute (and I say cute because to me he's the pretty sort of hot instead of the highly masculine sort of hot like the G-man), but in the movie when he got hit by Leonidas' spear, it looked to me like he was going to squeeze out a tear or two, throw down his golden chain-ery in a hissy fit, wrinkle up his nose and squeal, "oh my god, you guys, he just totally messed up my lip ring! ugh!" and start a slap-fight.

Still, though. I get your point. The lowering of his voice probably did a lot to help that. I guess I just saw him as trembling on the verge of impotence instead of on the verge of a maniacal killing spree. I just needed more manliness to offset the spartans, I suppose.

I did love the scene when the Captain lost it over his son. Very nice. And I think the most touching scene, for me (as opposed to the scene with the most touching...LOL!) was the end where Leonidas was wounded, on the verge of tears, and dying, looking up at the sun through the rocks, and thinking of his Queen. AMAZING, Gerry. His slack face and the look in his eyes, his whole body language, was brain melting.

Jen

I think you are right that our BGDQ (Big Golden Drag Queen) WAS on the verge of tears, and ready to throw a hissy-fit. The thing is, Drag Queens are often MEGA in touch with their Inner Bitch, and nobody fights meaner, even with long nails and shaved eyebrows. There are many of them you don't want to :fook: with, if you'll pahdon my...ummm...Scottish! I saw a LOT of meanness and cruelty in that BGDQ...NOT that he would want to endanger HIMSELF, oh no! But that he would order cruelty upon cruelty rained down upon the heads of anyone and everyone who aroused his ire. Mano a mano, no match for a Spartan, of course, but sitting up there on his throne and dispatching his minions....oooooh, shivering again, just thinking about the opportunities for him to slake his bloodlust!

I agree with you about Rodrigo...very cute, in a pretty boy way, though not my type, particularly, but certainly nothing like his Xerxes in looks or apparent temperament. I thought his acting was brilliant, especially when the spear struck Xerxes. He had bought into his own legend of godliness and it was obviously a rude awakening to discover he still bled like a mere mortal. And his fury over a wound on his FACE of all places was so obvious. Yep...the Prelude to the Mother of All Hissy Fits, with hell to pay for anyone in the path of his hordes.

I cried in several places, actually...when the captain's son is beheaded and his wild grief washes over him; when Leonidas is kneeling and looks up, as you mention, and mostly when he reaches for the hand of his dying soldier (I get all the names mixed up) and tells him it has been an honor to live beside him. And of course, as the camera pulls out and they are lying there, pinned to the earth by a thousand arrows. But hardest of all, when Dilios (I think that's right) gets back and returns the pendant to Queen Gorgo. A woman, wife, mother waiting for news of her husband in battle, like so many thousands of woman have done since time immemorial. That was heartbreaking to me.

All in all, a movie to be thought about, watched again and again, talked about, pondered and enjoyed for a long, long time.

Hugs,

Marcia

Jen

I think you are right that our BGDQ (Big Golden Drag Queen) WAS on the verge of tears, and ready to throw a hissy-fit. The thing is, Drag Queens are often MEGA in touch with their Inner Bitch, and nobody fights meaner, even with long nails and shaved eyebrows. There are many of them you don't want to :fook: with, if you'll pahdon my...ummm...Scottish! I saw a LOT of meanness and cruelty in that BGDQ...NOT that he would want to endanger HIMSELF, oh no! But that he would order cruelty upon cruelty rained down upon the heads of anyone and everyone who aroused his ire. Mano a mano, no match for a Spartan, of course, but sitting up there on his throne and dispatching his minions....oooooh, shivering again, just thinking about the opportunities for him to slake his bloodlust!

I agree with you about Rodrigo...very cute, in a pretty boy way, though not my type, particularly, but certainly nothing like his Xerxes in looks or apparent temperament. I thought his acting was brilliant, especially when the spear struck Xerxes. He had bought into his own legend of godliness and it was obviously a rude awakening to discover he still bled like a mere mortal. And his fury over a wound on his FACE of all places was so obvious. Yep...the Prelude to the Mother of All Hissy Fits, with hell to pay for anyone in the path of his hordes.

I cried in several places, actually...when the captain's son is beheaded and his wild grief washes over him; when Leonidas is kneeling and looks up, as you mention, and mostly when he reaches for the hand of his dying soldier (I get all the names mixed up) and tells him it has been an honor to live beside him. And of course, as the camera pulls out and they are lying there, pinned to the earth by a thousand arrows. But hardest of all, when Dilios (I think that's right) gets back and returns the pendant to Queen Gorgo. A woman, wife, mother waiting for news of her husband in battle, like so many thousands of woman have done since time immemorial. That was heartbreaking to me.

All in all, a movie to be thought about, watched again and again, talked about, pondered and enjoyed for a long, long time.

Hugs,

Marcia

Oh Marcia, you just reminded me again of that part when the Queen accepts the pendant from Dilios! :tissues: And when his commrade in arms reaches for his hand and they exchange those heartwrenching words! OMG!

Now see there were probably more parts to this movie that I loved! I have decided to go see it in an IMAX theater with my son-in-law and then I will most likely get the same reaction you guys all did! The theater I went to STUNK!

:kisswink: Fran

Fran - the theater that you saw it in really took away from your experience. You should try to see it again in a better place if you can. But we promise we'll still love you even if it still isn't your cuppa tea! :kisswink:

I haven't seen it on IMAX yet, but I'm planning on it. I may see it one more time in a regular theater first just to have a more normal experience with it.

Yes, Mr. Pansy Arse God-King was shocked to find out that he still bled. As much as I wanted the arrow to pierce him in the throat, the slice he got did more mental damage to him. He was going to have to live with a scarred face from here on out. *gasp* I wanted to pick out all of those piercings though. :lol:

Nadine - I go back and forth on that final speech of Dilios. It went on a bit long to me. But then he WAS rallying the troops for a new battle. I agree. I think it could probably have ended with *sob* Leonidas laying there with his men with perhaps a small bit of narration as a conclusion. But then we would have missed Dilios going back to Gorgo. :confused:

And what about that scene with the child when that village was destroyed. Did that not absolutely break your heart? When he picked the child up(girl, I think?) it made me want to cry at how touching it was. OH OH OH -- I keep remembering things. What about the scene with his son, when he was teaching him to fight. LOVED that.

And what about that scene with the child when that village was destroyed. Did that not absolutely break your heart? When he picked the child up(girl, I think?) it made me want to cry at how touching it was. OH OH OH -- I keep remembering things. What about the scene with his son, when he was teaching him to fight. LOVED that.

Jill, I felt the same thing. I saw him pick up that child who collapses, and I had to reach over to grab Chris' hand. "See how wonderful he is with kids???"

Just melted my heart. How does he keep doing that?

Okay... I'm NOT reading anymore reviews! These reviewers are PISSING me off. Good thing no one is bloody listening... because 300 is rocking the box office!!!!

I have soooooo much to say about this movie, but I'm too tired right now! :crybaby:

Swannie

Let me just say that, after seeing it the first time (at the premiere) and the second time (in St. Louis), BOTH times I left the theatre, I was so pumped up, I didn't know whether I wanted to go home and fook or fight!!!

I hope that's the reaction Zack was looking for!! LOL!!!!

I can say this, I've already added my review and after seeing it more than five times already, including the IMAX version, it stays true, never NEVER has a movie that I've seen more than once held my attention, and I usually don't go see a movie more than twice, but this, this has not only held my attention but it's still made me hold my breath, got me pumped, made me wince and broken my heart.

I love it all from the visuals to the soundtrack (I'm a music lover so the soundtrack is big for me), I can't say enough good things about this movie, it's impossible to in one post.

It's engaging, it's stunning, it's massive and it's got to be one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The acting IS SPOT ON--just a glory to watch, Gerry is always good, but still every time you see him it's like the first time because he has such range it's as if he recreates himself for each character..watch this movie and then say watch, Phantom or watch Dear Frankie, or watch TR2 and you'll be like, "Is that the same actor?" YES IT IS, he's that good, he's just a wonder to behold and we are all lucky to have the opportunity to not only watch a fine craftsman at work but to see an actor that knows what the word RANGE means.

He is LEONIDAS in this.

Let me just say that, after seeing it the first time (at the premiere) and the second time (in St. Louis), BOTH times I left the theatre, I was so pumped up, I didn't know whether I wanted to go home and fook or fight!!!

I hope that's the reaction Zack was looking for!! LOL!!!!

Yeah, I felt that too!! I swaggered out of the theater and drove home with the radio cranked to rock and roll!

I absolutely loved every minute of it. Gerry was incredibly amazing throughout, and I teared up when he was dying and when his wife got the news. As for Xerxes, he reminded me of a lot of guys I used to know in Greenwich Village!

The theater was mostly full of men. It was funny--at the part when the Spartans (don't remember their names) were overlooking the Persian army with Astinos (I think) and they were telling him they were all revved up to fight and ready to die, etc and he looks incredulous, the guys in front of me said "you know he's thinking, we're rolling with the wrong guys" The audience loved it-the men sure were into the gory stuff. Me, I was engrossed in Gerry (and the rest of the amazing spartans), although I loved he movie itself too!

-Isabella

I am watching box office news and feeling very glad for Gerry right now. He needed some notoriety and it seems like although the count is about 60% good, there isn't a bad review of Gerry's performance (unless I missed maybe one). he has to be feeling proud reading about what people thought of his abilities. He totally saved that movie.

Our packed, but quiet audience REALLY liked him. The apple scene and on-going smirkiness played really well. Had it been another "unknown" actor, I don't think that person could have pulled it off as well. The film community should now be giving G more respect and oportunity to work in good roles because of 300's showcase of him. Yay, Gerry!

300 was a good movie, but I wouldn't call it great. Shoot me now. I think Gerry was wonderful and THAT is what kept the movie going, I think. I liked the style of the film with the unusual coloring and grainy-ness. I LOVED the music which I worried was going to be too intrusive and video-gamey.

Gorgo was terrific, but get that girl a jacket! She looked like she might " fall out" at any moment but the sticky tape must not have melted under the hot lights. Her surprise vengeance elicited the loudest response of the evening-more than the battle scene stuff, if you can believe it.

No, this won't be an award winning film except for in the special effects category. One reviewer said something about the script and movie being so "over the top" that if anyone who had a hand in creating it had pushed it an inch farther, the whole thing might have been too cheesy and predictable. Fortunately, Gerry was the glue in this film and brought the appropriate amount of quiet intensity. Really really really fantastic job. They all held back their performances fairly well, and that helped too.

I did enjoy G's enhanced eye color when he was wearing his helmet. And men in mascara (eg Leo, Atilla and Johnny Depp) are the secret to my sexual happiness. Sigh.

Yay, 300!!! I may sneak out on my own to see it again tonight. :claphands:

I was lucky enough to see 300 a week before it actually came out. Miss Bella invited me to see it with her on the Navy base and I drove 5 hours just to see it! It as awesome! The theater was full of Navy guys and their families and the reaction from the crowd was just so cool! I won't ever forget when the moonlit butt scene came on screen, the entire audience was quiet and one woman behind and to our left yells out "HEEEEELO!" I cracked up.

Then I went to a midnight showing on Thursday with Isabeau and we had awesome seats. The crowd was still enthusiastic but not as "HooooRAH!" as the Navy guys had been. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the Navy men are serving their country and so have a better connection maybe with the Spartan warriors? At any rate, after the movie was over and Isabeau had cried her last tear for our King Leonidas, we walked out side and saw to our horror that the damn movie theater had spelled Gerry's name wrong! The stupid man put Gerard Butlert instead of Butler! I was ticked and we went to find someone to make them change it right away! After a half hour of searching, I finally found a manager and he said they would take care of it.

Butlert. Yeah, right. EEEEEDIOTS!

As for the movie itself: I had a feeling I would not like the movie, but would love Gerry's performance, as always. I was very pleasantly surprised! I thought the movie was visually stunning, the music was moving and the writing was kick arse! I love the humor that was peppered in with all the seriousness. I love the romance between Leonidas and Gorgo. I was completely and utterly grossed out by the ephors (sp?) and their oracle. And I really want Xerxes' lip gloss!

There were so many good scenes that I cannot pick just one favorite, and the same goes for the lines in the movie. The fighting was awesome to behold, the way they moved was beautiful even though there were limbs flying every which way and people were dying horrible deaths all over the place!

I've seen it twice now and will be going again on Sunday with a few Non-Gerry fans (which is ludicrous that there is anyone who isn't a fan, IMHO) and hopefully this will convert them.

I also thought I would not be able to stand the goat beard that Gerry wears because I've been hating it the entire time leading up to the movie release, but I didn't even notice it except for one scene! Yay for that! But I still prefer the non-goat-bearded Gerry, MTML as The Whoreskateers would say!

I saw it last night and was absolutly pleased! Lol. You guys are saying it all. The movie was a visual masterpiece ( the CGI was amazing!) And Gerry did a excellent Job. I loved everything about this movie. My sister and me were standing in line for the movie and our theater had four different areas for 300 lines set up. The whole expeiriance(sp lol) was awsome! :claphands:

Great Scot, five fooking pages already and the movie just opened YESTERDAY!?! (You know who the Great Scot I'm speaking of is... :tasty: )

Damn, I LOVED this movie. FOOKING INCREDIBLE I TELL YA!

My fiance and I went to Opry Mills and watched it on the IMAX screen. OH MY GOD, I will NEVER go to the regular theater again after seeing this fooking incredible movie on the IMAX screen.

It was SOLD OUT. Not an empty seat in the house. And this theater could hold like five hundred people I'd bet.

We met up with some Tarts from the area (thanks Katie for getting the advance tickets, it was sooo worth it!).

This movie is a piece of art. It was amazing. I can't put into words to describe it really. Gerry was incredible (along with the moonlight scene...there were actually some WHOOs in the audience. I giggled. My fiance didn't like it. :lol:) He truly acted like a king who would do anything, even risk death, to save his people from slavery.

David Wenham was great too. (Of course I loved him from LOTR, which I also love...) But seriously, who else could play Leonidas like Gerry did? Umm....no one!

That's the greatness of Gerry. He has the ability to get into the character's thoughts and mindset.

Gerry, honey, you rocked in this film. You ruled the screen and were fabulous in it! You are a king in my eyes.

Moral of the story: never piss of a Spartan king. :bonk:

I wonder what fiance would think if I wanted to name our son (granted we have one...) Leonidas. Or even Gerry. :tasty:

By the by...I found the Men's Health issue with Gerry in it at Barnes and Noble.

Oh yes, and I bought it. :lol:

Edited by Gerry admirer

Okay! Now that I've had a day to digest this film and bring some balance back to my emotions...

Have I said yet that I loved this film? I haven't? Well.... I-LOVED-THIS-FILM!

Now down to more details.

But where to START...?

Many have said that the Leonides of the graphic novel is far too hard and cold, and I agree with that. Works for the novel, but it wouldn't have come off well at all in the film...and thankfully they didn't take that route. Even though they showed the sort of things he went through as a child, we see from the very first shot of Leonides as an adult doing what? Teaching his son about honor while his wife looks on with affection. I loved the image of his son (i think his name is Pleistarchos?) trying to pull him down at the leg with all his might. And then after Leonides takes him down, he gives him a quick kiss on the top of his head. Such a simple thing, but it spoke volumes about their relationship, how much they love each other as father and son.

Right off we go to the famous "This-is-Sparta!!" scene, where we get another glimpse of Leonides and Gorgo's relationship...the look on Leo's face when the Persian messenger says "This is madness!" is priceless...something we didn't see in any of the trailers. I interpreted it as how one feels when their behavior is called into question...and we're left to wonder if they're right, doubting ourselves. How wonderful that Leonides turns to his wife for support, looking to see if she will confirm the Persian's accusations, or if she will hold her husband up in his actions.

I loved Gorgo's line, "Only Spartan women give birth to real men." That got a w00t and hollar outta me! Very much in a you go girl! way.

The Ephors made my skin crawl...which I'm sure that was the idea...especially when the one licked the Oracle's face. *gah* Leonides's impatience with them was great...trying to get it past their thick skulls and "senseless traditions" how important it was to go to war. But of course the fact that they were being bribed...ugh...nasty buggers. When the tremendous amount of gold was poured out before them by Theron and the Persian...I remember thinking how worthless that money seemed to me. It wasn't an idealistic thought, but a gut reaction within me...what's the point of all that money without holding onto values and principles that give our lives meaning? Made me sick. Which again, is what I think that moment was going for.

Good night, this review is taking longer than I expected...I'm gonna post in pieces, I think...

One more thought in this post...the much GALS-awaited love scene... :lol:

Such a wonderful scene...the heart of it being Leonides and Gorgo's discussion beforehand. Leonides is a strong, confident man, but still with insecurities, which he approaches Gorgo with, and she's able to help him see his way clear. We can only assume that this has worked both ways in their years together, their mutual strength holding each other up. As for the love scene itself...in addition to it being beautifully & stylistically edited, and in showing their passion and deep love for each other...it was crucial to Gorgo's story. I've heard some people say that it wasn't needed.

Heck YES it was needed. One of the most difficult scenes for me to watch was Theron taking his payment from Gorgo...his line (which was twisted into an awesome, cruel irony later), "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. I am not your king." When he said that last bit, I wanted to shout, "You're damn right you're not!!" The contrast between that and the love scene between Leo & Gorgo was astronomical and downright stark. It shook me to the core, and left a print on my emotions. The pains that Gorgo went through in trying to get support for the 300, most especially her beloved husband, made me hurt far more than watching spears pierce.

Need a breather...TBC...

So far -so good, ~Mel!!!!!! And I'm so with you there on the love scene & the scene where she would do anything to help her country & her man!!!!!!

Debrasue

So far -so good, ~Mel!!!!!! And I'm so with you there on the love scene & the scene where she would do anything to help her country & her man!!!!!!

Debrasue

Thanks, Debra! Man, it broke my heart...