Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

'300' Have You Seen It?

:cunning: Love the man and his body but prefered Phantom to 300....Too much blood and nipples for my taste. But would have loved to be the leading actess :bonk:

I absolutely LOVE everything about this movie. Especially this :leo2:

Just visually stunning in every way. It really is like nothing I've ever seen before and I watch it again and again.

Chrissy

I dont have words for this!

I just have to say it was the best movie Ive seen in like forever! The acting, the story, the wardrobe (or lack of it)lol!

The cinematography, it was like turning the pages inside Frank Millers comic books, the colors were so rich, they were almost unnatural!

The ultimate scene for me was when King Leonidas was about to charge Xerxes in the end when they thought he was gonna give in, and the narrator goes into how he had to remove his helmut, the shield was too heavy etc, that entire scene was brilliant and amazing!

I got the dvd for a gift when it came out and they keep showing it on cable as well.

I wish i had the words to describe my emotions on this movie but I dont :(

Edited by Guest

Guest greyeyegoddess

I still get chills with this movie. There were a lot of people who were at a loss for words when they saw this the first time. It just hits you.

~alice

:music:

I still get chills with this movie. There were a lot of people who were at a loss for words when they saw this the first time. It just hits you.

~alice

:music:

You got that right!!! We just watched this on movie chat on Saturday night and all of us were in awe of the spectacle that is 300! This is one of my all time favorite movies. And yes the scene at the end is brilliant! Especially, the line where Leo is dying and looks to the heavens and says"my queen, my wife, my love". That gets me every time! (I'm getting veclempt just thinking about it!) :tissues:

Funny this thread should come up today of all days. I have literally seen this movie 300 times as of 4 p.m. this afternoon. It's a long story as to why, but even now, the movie strikes a cord with me that I don't quite understand...

300 of the most delicious men in Hollywood! A buffet of smooth muscles and abs. Simply divine! Great story and visuals. It feels like the graphic novel. Yes, my husband is a comic book collector and has this book.

:leo2:

"my queen, my wife, my love".

ooooh! yesssss! that part too, tears ar ein my eyes for that and I think the amount of times I have seen this movie is almost head to head with the amount of times Ive seen Memoirs of a Geisha...

lol!

I have a stupid question

Does anyone know why the animal the young Leonidas killed was a wolf and not a lion?

Did Frank Miller change that in his comic book?

thanks

Lost the count of times I saw this movie..... hot and great!!! And the sooundtravk is amazing!!! Needless to say that I have the dvd's and soundtrack. LOved the colors and the way they move..... quite interesting!

*guest* -

Are you saying that Frank's novel originally had a lion in it?

I dont know what Miller had in the comic but I believe the story of King Leonidas had him slaying a Lion and that is

why he was named King Leonidas. I read it years ago in some mythology book or something and was wondering if

maybe Frank Miller decided to change it to a wolf and why and thought somebody read the comic and knows if he had the

wolf in the story or the lion

Ahhh - yes, that would make sense regardng his name and all.

I'm wondering if it's purely geography - would there be a lion roaming in Greece or more likely a wolf? Could it be that simple? Hmmm, don't really know.

It's a great question though. Now I want to find out! That new collectors DVD comes out soon. Perhaps Zach will talk about it? :p

oH! shizzzzzzz! I forgot I have the 2 set collectors with Zach commentary, never got a chance to view the extras

maybe something is on there about this.

I know wolves were roaming in Euroasia and Europe as well as North America and in Greece wolf flesh was used and there was a

lot of Lions in the mythology and Asiatic lions lived in Greece but yeah I want to know now as well also because thery have King Leo referenced to a lion in

the movie like when they say "His Roar was loud" so Im curious who changed it and was it changed from the myth and either

way lion or wolf I love it :)

I think the name means lion like

Edited by Guest

I think Gerry once said the name means "lion's son". I think.

Yeah - check out the director's commentary while that scene is playing - maybe Zach mentions it.

Let me/us know if you find anything. I think I'm going to get the collectors edition and it's supposed to have a lot of images from the graphic novel so we can see if it was originally a wolf or a lion.

ETA - just looked it up and according to Wikipedia it means 'Lion-like' AND 'Lion's son'!

Edited by HazelEyes

I guess the name means both then :)

I viewed the extras last night, I cant believe there was all that info and interviews with Gerry, im a dork for not

viewing them I just end up watching the movie all the time.

Anyhoo part of my question was answered. They showed millers comic book and the page with the young Leo

and the wolf, so it was a wolf in the comic book that Frank had.

Part 2 of my question would be did Frank change it to a wolf from the actual myth, because I cant seem to remember what

myth book I got the Lion from and its killing me just because I hate not knowing accurate details ARRGH!

Frank didnt mention anything in the interviews, so it's a mystery until I find the source of that lion myth

frustrating :tantrum:

btw...those extras on the dvd amazing :wuv:

and a deleted scene with whats his face hunchback where he is cursing the Gods, his parents, King Leo

it was hilarious I know i should feel bad because it's a sad moment but he kept saying "damn" so many

times it was amusing and the way he said it and wise decision on Zachs part to omit it and him falling off the cliff and still being alive

it was too much lol!

if anyone ever finds a source of King Leo and the actual animal he was to have slain please post and thanks Hazel for answering the post

:)

Edited by Guest

Maybe because a lion is regal and the beast Leonidas slays as a boy is used as a metaphor for the Persians later on. They're likened to a wolf (usually a negative kind of beast in stories - attacking the innocent) ravening the Greek countryside and preying on the natives. Therefore, he slays a ravaging, scavenging wolf rather than a regal king of the beasts. (Or maybe I took one too many lit courses when I was young. :) )

Jane

Edited by Jeb

That does make sense Jeb. Nice thought.

And it makes sense that Leonidas would be named after an animal that is considered to be regal.

*And, to be later played in a movie by a Scotsman from a country that has a rampant lion in it's flag* :lol:

I loved this movie, it was to me, one of Gerry's finest performances. The passion and power he gave was felt straight to my soul, I had an anxiety attack at the end when he called to his queen, that was so beautifully done, he blew me away right there. It's a role, I don't know of many actors that could pull it off like he did and he deserves much praises for his overwhelming ability to portrait such strong characters and really make it believable.

I loved this movie, it was to me, one of Gerry's finest performances. The passion and power he gave was felt straight to my soul, I had an anxiety attack at the end when he called to his queen, that was so beautifully done, he blew me away right there. It's a role, I don't know of many actors that could pull it off like he did and he deserves much praises for his overwhelming ability to portrait such strong characters and really make it believable.

That scene still makes my chest hurt to this day. Sometimes I cry and sometimes I dont but I ALWAYS feel it

yeah that could be it too or maybe the source I read about the lion was incorrect

there are so many discrepencies in movies and myths anyway

I was thinking even though they wouldnt want to have him kill off a regal beast it could be

symbolic in a good way like Hercules and the Nemean Lion. Hercules had to slay him but

only by wrestling him with his bare hands. It was significant of his bravery and an honor

to him and the lion both. Thats from Greek Mythology.

Wolves get a bad rap in myths and mythology and even in modern day. They usually dont attack unless

provoked. The damn government is trying to kill them off like they do with the wild Mustangs and sell the

meat to wealthy Japanese exporters! that SHizzzz! pisses me off!

sorry for the O.T

check this out

http://action.defenders.org/site/PageServe...wolves_homepage

I loved on the extras when he was interviewed and said he wanted to add a touch of madness to the King and they show him eating the apple scene while he is saying it. That scene is GREAT! He looks a bit to the left while eating it in the middle of battle lol!