Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

'300' Have You Seen It?

Yes, killing a lion to confirm his 'kingliness' (LOL) could have worked, it just wasn't the association Miller was trying to make.

I've always had a soft spot for predators. They often get a bad rap, everybody feels sorry for the sweet little antelope or the fluffy little bunny. But the predators are just trying to feed their babies, too! LOL Wolves are beautiful animals, loyal to each other and prudent in their killing. It's hard to get humans to share the environment sometimes though and tough for animals to live as they should in the wild when there is less and less "wild" everyday.

Jane

yeah I was talking about the myth in general not that Miller should have used the Lion :)

I liked that they used the wolf too, it seems sexier and more intense

It was perfect the way it was they didnt need to add or detract anything from it xoxo

and I agree with you about what you said about nature so true, like upstate they keep building these fancy houses then they get scared when the bears come and the game people shoot them. It was their land and if you keep building mansions in the forests

where the heck are the bears gonna go Its crazy!

It was stylelistic, CGI, Frank Miller, Zack Snyder and then 300 almost naked men and one had the title of king. What ever the draw/marketing it made a bundle even surprising the "insiders" on the film. Twenty four million for opening weekend was expected and when it climbed to eighty million all hell broke loose with joy and Gerry was along for the ride of his life.

thanks for that link I love their music too

I saw them perform years ago on some talk show that's where I heard of them

Oooh...I can't wait until I'm home and can watch that (dang firewall blocks YouTube at work!) I just saw TSO in concert last Friday and what an incredible concert - I'd love to see how their music is used in a 300 video. If I EVER seem to have the time to create a real moving-picture video myself there is a TSO piece I want to use for it - possibly with POTO clips or possibly a bunch of different Gerry movies.

300 was AMAZING but I'm sure everyone knows that by now. I loved the visual effects and the way the scenes were done to give the feeling of a graphic novel. This is one of Gerry's best performances by far, very powerful. He is such a talented actor, bringing dimension to his characters. No one could have done it better. Two of my favorite scenes illustrate this raw talent.

The first is the scene where the Atheneans meet up with the Spartans on the way to battle and Daxos questions the Spartans committment when he discovers so few have showed up. The following dialogue ensues:

Daxos: I see I was wrong to expect Sparta's commitment to at least match our own.

King Leonidas: Doesn't it?

[points to Arcadian soldier behind Daxos]

King Leonidas: You there, what is your profession?

Free Greek-Potter: I am a potter... sir.

King Leonidas: [points to another soldier] And you, Arcadian, what is your profession?

Free Greek-Sculptor: Sculptor, sir.

King Leonidas: Sculptor.

[turns to a third soldier]

King Leonidas: You?

Free Greek-Blacksmith: Blacksmith.

King Leonidas: [turns back shouting] Spartans! What is your profession?

Spartans: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!

King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.

Watch clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IReMfvamQ28

The second is the scene at the end of the of movie when King Leonidas realizes it is over and he calls out, "My Queen, my wife, my love." Watch clip here:

Very moving.

that scene is great and the last one well... no words for it

I think I said this before I also love the scene with the apple he looks a bit crazed in a cool and calm way ;)

This is one of my favorite movies!!

* My hubby gave me one of my Christmas presents early....He bought me the Limited Collectors Edition. So, guess what I'm about to watch tonight. :cunning:

This is not where I should be posting, but I just watched One More Kiss for the umpteenth time. I can't find it on the board. So, I'll go here. This is one of my favorite all-time movies. Gerry is just soooooooo gorgeous in this. This is young Jamie Fraser. So, He can't go back in time, but for heaven's sake, the powers that be have got to cast Him as the slightler older Jamie. I hate to beat a dead horse, but if Outlander does not star Gerard, I'll be up in arms forever. Gerard is Jamie. Gerry, please, go for this.

I think I said this before I also love the scene with the apple he looks a bit crazed in a cool and calm way.

*guest* , I loved the irony of the scene; King Leonidas' question about being civil and Captain's stabbing of the Pesian. I tried finding a video clip of the apple scene but to no avail.

King Leonidas: [on being told the Persians are coming to parley] Captain, I leave you in charge.

Captain: But, sire...

King Leonidas: Relax, old friend. If they assassinate me, all of Sparta goes to war. Pray they're that stupid. Pray we're that lucky.

[He takes another bite of apple, as the Captain notices a Persian soldier, still alive]

King Leonidas: Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil, is there?

Captain: [stabs the Persian] None, sire.

thanks for trying to find it :)

I would burn out my iPod battery if you did watching it over and over!

I LOVE IT!

its a brilliant scene and I wonder who's idea it was for the apple!

Something I noticed this morning while watching the godbye scene....From the distance shot you can tell he's looking at his queen and when he takes the shield from her it takes him a second or so to look in her eyes like it's hard for him to look in her eyes. It's like he's saying you are my queen and I'll love you forever. There's sadness, love, and pain in his eyes.

April

I love this movie! I've probably watched it 30 times and I just love it more and more. It has to be one of the most intense and well-made movies ever...IMO. There are too many fantastic Gerry moments to pick just one...he just rocked this movie...ALL THE WAY! Definitely one of my very favorites!!!

I must have watched 300 at least a dozen times, partly because my fiance loves that movie too. You should have seen him the first time my friend Rachael and I watched it in theatres with him in tow. He was our DVD commentary! I am not kidding he was remarking on every spear stab, sword slice and all the blood. Rache and I decided to wait until DVD to watch it again, since we had a feeling my finace would do it again.

It had been just Rachael and I the first time, he joined us the second time. Needless to say there was plenty of flesh to feast our eyes on! I enjoyed the history of the film as well as the men(one in particular of course). Greek mythology and history are two of my past time fascinations, which reminds me of something. If you watch Clash of the Titans, watch the original first. When you compare the storylines, you'll see what I call the bombing of a classic. The original was much better. The newest film is made for nothing but computer graphics and action scenes, not that I don't like that kind of animation. I am sure if they were that advanced in visual effects back then, the Kraken would have been a lot cooler. I like the new Kraken, but disliked how they presented the storyline on this one, especially dissing on an old character from the orginial. There was a mechanical owl that was in the older one and they called it a piece of junk? Bubo the owl, junk? You got some nerve! He was a great creature feature.

getting back on topic, you have got to see this film to believe it, Gerry makes a very sexy Greek king! If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

I love 300 ! I was feeling brave and strong when I was watching it :)

one of my Gerry faves !

Also, I like the line Now, the more you sweat here , the less you'll bleed in battle.

I think about it now that I'm in the beginning of my professional career an still have a lot to learn.

Edited by Phantomess