Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

Favorite King Leonidas line

Favorite King Leonidas line from the movie '300'  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite King Leonidas line?

• Madness! This is Sparta!
    • Spartans! Tonight we dine in hell!
    • My Queen, my wife, my love.
    • This is where we fight! This is where they die!
    • We're in for one wild night!
    • Give them nothing! But, take from them everything!
    • Before this battle is over...the world will know...that few, stood against many!
    • Spartans! Prepare for glory!
    • You don't know our women.
    • Let's give them a drink then!

Posted Image

There were a lot of great lines from this movie!

I picked 10 from King Leonidas.

Which one do you choose?

Edited To Say: If you don't see your favorite line listed - please post it for us on this thread!

Thank you! :wave:

I also really like when the Persians say, "Spartans! Lay down your weapons!"

And Leonidas says, "Persians, Come and get them!!"

That's fookin' awesome!!!

My favorite line was when the king was eating an apple while standing among the dead Persians and says he will meet Xerxes and he can at least be civil.

My favorite line was when the king was eating an apple while standing among the dead Persians and says he will meet Xerxes and he can at least be civil.

Oooh! That's great too!! "There's no reason we can't be civil." I cracked up at that!!

Also, I LOVE when Michael Fassbender chops the dude's arm off, and he says "Oh, my arm!" and Stelios (?) says "It's not yours anymore." I laughed out loud at that, too!!!

This movie is just FULL of good one-liners!!!

That was what I was gonna say anna! Seriously, I LOVED that! The theatre I was in wasn't nearly as vocally responsive to the movie as I'd hoped, but the whole theatre was rolling at that scene! LOVE IT.

~Mel

I have to agree, the "There's no reason we can't be civil." is my favorite.

Or the one where he says "I brought more soldiers" and ends it with a little smirk..loved that.

Guest greyeyegoddess

This will definitely be a movie with lines to live up to for a long, long time.

My most heartfelt one is when he tells Xerxes that "Before this battle is over...the world will know...that few, stood against many!"

A huge sense of pride was felt...even now writing it, I'm teary. The way he says it....GADS! :tissues:

~alice

:music:

Alice....I love that line too.

There were so many great lines in this film....but: Before this battle is over...the world will know...that few, stood against many!...is my favorite.

BTW: In 1992... a statue of King Leonidas was excavated in Greece....the inscription on it was: Come and get them! ...in Greek. Of course referring to the Persians attempt to come and get the Spartan's weapons!

I would definetely say that last farwell, he gives to his queen, "My queen, my wife, my love", that line killed me...so heartbreaking. You know that look in his tear filled eyes. :tissues:

Gosh, in spite of all the violence and everything, there is such heart and it is in its own way romantic.

I also love that part where that soldier says what an honor it was to serve his king, and Leonidas tells him something like what a honor it is to fight along side him.

There were so many great lines in this movie. I really liked it when Leonidas said "It was an honor living beside you." But when he had those tears in his eyes and said "My queen, my wife, my love..." I STILL can't stop thinking about it. It really, really really got to me. I've been depressed ever since that line. Seriously. Just like with Phantom, that one scene just destroyed me. I was so not expecting that. Even now... just typing about it sends me into another round of crocodile tears.

Damn Gerry! What's the secret? Why are you the only actor in the world who can do this to me with a single line or look?

Well, I'm really very proud of him. His hard work and dedication have paid off, and I feel honored to have "known" him before he hit the big time.

Kristin

The iconic moment for me in this film was when he says, "My Queen...my wife.... my love."

You have this Lion of a man standing there with arrows in his chest.... and those are the last words he utters.

I have NEVER seen ANY actor pour that level of emotion and soul into his voice, and out through his eyes.

I voted for "My Queen.....my wife....my love" since I think they truly summed up why he was actually there fighting.

But this movie is filled with so many lines that are touching or funny or just memorable in some way. Gosh, I'm still swooning aren't I... :lol:

I voted for My Queen....My wife.....My love.... unbelievable how beautiful he said it. Every line he spoke was incredible. Very emotion film for me - how about all of you? No wonder we all love this man so much!!!!!!!

Barbara

Edited by lugerry

I don't know if it was the line or the look on his face, but when Dilios asks if he has a message for the queen and he says "None that need be spoken." I just about lost it right there!!! Well, actually I did lose it. LOL! After the movie I heard someone say, "I heard someone crying and sniffling." That would be me! I was the only one walking out of the theater wearing sunglasses.

My favorite was by Gorgo: You're not going to enjoy this. It's going to take a long time. And I'm not your Queen.

My favorite was by Gorgo: You're not going to enjoy this. It's going to take a long time. And I'm not your Queen.

I was the only one in the theater that sorta cheered when she stabbed him. It was a very boring audience...

Football Princess, you did have a boring audience LOL! My whole theater cheered when she stabbed him. There was clapping and some of the guys in the theater were whistling. lol

My favorite line from Leonidas was : "There is no reason we cant be civil about this!" and when he meets up in the begining with the other army "You see my old friend...I do have more soldiers" Lol.

I liked the one where he said "You don't know our women."

I cracked up at that.

But then cried at his last line: "My queen, my love, my life..."

I really wonder what the Greeks think of this movie...

No doubt about it my favorite line is "There's no reason we can't be civil." Hands down no question about it. Especially because he said it with a mouthful of apple!

Favorite scene though was when Gorgo got her revenge. Awesome scene!!!

No doubt about it my favorite line is "There's no reason we can't be civil." Hands down no question about it. Especially because he said it with a mouthful of apple!

Favorite scene though was when Gorgo got her revenge. Awesome scene!!!

Sooo agreed!! The audience I was in cheered.

I was the only one in the theater that sorta cheered when she stabbed him. It was a very boring audience...

Really? My whole theatre cheered so much when she stabbed him that I could barely hear what she was saying, but I did realize she was saying his own words back to him. She ROCKED as a strong woman. GO GORGO!!!!!

The whole theater I was in started cheering too!!

And I loved soooo many lines! But, I voted for "You don't know our women." That was great, then when he said something like, "I could have sent some of them out here and they would have done as well" I can't remember the exact words, but it was great!

I also loved when Gorgo replied to the persian with "Because only Spartan women give birth to real men." :rotflmao:

I thought Gorgo was an awesome character! And I adored the sarcasm in Leonidas!

How about, "It would take more than the drunken words of an adolescent girl to make me lose my desire for you."

Yeah baby! King Me!

:cunning: