Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Abrock

The erm...affection scene

Guest greyeyegoddess

:funnyabove: :rotflmao:

Omigosh! I think because Gerry talked a lot about the behind the scenes, I was expecting more...but I'm glad it wasn't more. I'm not fond of nudity in my entertainment anyways. I like mystery too, and there was just enough skin for me in those scenes. Actually, a little more of Gorgo than I wanted, but I'm not the director.

~alice

:music:

LOL Mel, I had forgotten all about that. Must go watch it again.

I have to say I really thought it was a good amount, and I'm glad they didn't go with the every Spartan for themselves version, for their last night together, it was perfect..well, almost, cut one of the Gorgo flashes and add in Gerry.

I must say I couldn't drool that much when that scene came about. I went with my brother. It was a good love scene, would of loved to see a little more action from Gerry, but all in all it was great.

I am speculating that Gerry is a playful lover, maybe likes his women to be a little rough on him ;)...

Maybe, but he's said he's "not a rough lover" so who knows...

My mind is drifting to that snuggling comment..which really killed half my brain. :heat:

I thought the scene was done so well. Beautifully edited and just enough.

Just a few comments,

That "moonlight" shot gave me paplitaions and for a second I was so mesmerized that I thought..."I've got to pause this" **where's my damn remote** :lol:

And then when Gerry was sitting on the bed ...OMG!!.... how incedibly erotic!!! My eyes were rapidly scanning his entire 'shadowed area' (I couldn't help myself I actually pulled off my glasses, made sure they weren't dirty or smugged) Me bad!

But honestly, I didn't want to see full frontal; imagination is a wonderful thing and IMHO really, really adds to a scene lke that.

Marianne

Edited by celadon2

I thought I was the only one cleaned my glasses this is too ironic I did the same thing :rotflmao::rotflmao: it was a gorgeous scene :pant::heat: betts

Ditto on seeing more of Gerry's expressions. Other than that I thought it was beautifully done. I was with my husband when I saw it so I was a bit nervous of my reaction. I have reached the age where I have the occasional hot flash and I could feel it coming on after Gerry's "butt" shot! Boy did I suffer. I dared not start fanning myself during the scene!! :heat:

That scene was done with taste, it wasn't raunchy...but yet...Gerry's naked bum...and when he sat on the bed.... :heat:

I hope Lena realizes how lucky she was.

Edited by Rayne

Guest greyeyegoddess

I found myself thinking about the DVD the other day. Wondering if it will be a 2 disk boxed set with tons of extras. The very next thought was I can't wait to get it in my computer to cut that love scene frame by frame!! :rotflmao: I have become addicted to playing virtual paper dolls with the pieces of video.

* I guess that I should explain that frame by frame thing. When the interleaving is removed, you can see what is in the overlapping parts of the film and sometimes you can see a few frames that weren't supposed to be there. A couple of times, I have found pictures that were not even part of the movie that I was working on. A lot of times I find parts of stunts and effects that you are not supposed to notice. It is like finding buried treasure.

I'm very curious about that frame by frame thing. What program do you use?

According to Zack the only thing left out was some other beast he decided not to use. I hope he was kidding. There has to be more cut out. THERE JUST HAS TO BE!!!!

I'm really hoping for a two disk-er too! I guess I better start making that holiday list now...and of course, I have to have more than one copy, because if it goes anything like POTO and Dear Frankie, I'll be without the extra copies for a long time. In fact, I never did get my extra copy of Dear Frankie back YET! Just a note, never let any Polynesian borrow anything. I can say that because I am Polynesian. What happens is that they borrow, then other family or friends borrow and well, you can say goodbye to whatever it was. Luckily, my mother, who is Polynesian, taught us never to borrow anything, which is why I wind up buying more than one copy of Gerry's movies.

~alice

Seeing his naked body sitting on the bed was enticing and sexy enough. I may joke about it, but I really don't want to see Gerry's "frontal nudity." I like the mystery.

I think they way they shot his body half in shadow was delicious.

Swannie

Ditto, It was all tastefully done. The mystery is what keeps us going back for more !!!!!

I think the love scene was perfect, except I'd have liked to see Gerry's face more too. I know, that's the only way most of us will ever get to see that face that way!

....on a side note: You know the first thing we are going to do when the bedroom scene is available for screen caps is to adjust the contrast and brightness to see what we can see - c'mon fess up! Who among us is going to take the high road???? What do you want to bet Zack thought of that, and covered stuff so we couldn't do it? (Think I should join the Gutter Gals???) :humph:

Sue

Yes you SHOULD join the Gutter gals. :lol:

If I knew how to do screencaps, you can bet I'd be playing with the shadow and light in that scene. But as it stands in the movie, I still think it was beautifully done.

The thighs - that scene sitting on the bed. :thud: :thudstars: :swoon: :spontaneous:

Hehe....I know how to do screen caps!!

But most likely Stef will beat me to it to get them up on the site.... :spit: :tasty:

As for playing with light and shadow....? Guess it just depends on which side of my Black Velvet is dominate at the time. :D

~Mel

The question is...

Would you accept bribes to be nudged a certain way? :lol:

I'm kidding you know. He's fully clothed in your Black Velvet video and I still :swoon: when I see it! :kisswink:

I can just see Zack cruising around the Gerry sites, catches drift of what we are looking for on the DVD. Decides he is going to have some fun with us so he goes back to his editing room, checks that scene and realizes that when lightened up something not-so-wee may be revealed - so he sticks a little black box over it and types in words that can only be seen when you lighten the frame on the DVD - it says

"sorry GALS,

Love, Zack"

I think the love scene was perfect, but I do know that many of Gerry's female fans were disappointed it wasn't more graphic... and just more.

I loved the flashes of their intimacy, and didn't need to see more than what was shown. I thought the scene was artistic, and showed just enough physical heat/passion, crowned at the end of the scene with tenderness. The only change I would have liked, is to see more of Gerry's facial expressions in that scene....

I agree...I could've used more of that wonderfully expressive face of his. But that's it. I was honestly a bit squeamish about watching the scene, because it had been touted to be so incredibly hawt. LOL But I came away feeling it was beautifully and artistically done (though I coulda done without the boobie shots! :D ). However, I realize that I, as a 33 year old woman, was NOT the target audience for this film! *grins*

Kelli

I wanted to see a little more Gerry...I mean his FACE. :D I like the mystery too...don't need the front shot. I looooooved it when he was standing at the window and sitting on the bed. :tasty:

You know what I find fascinating? For two years.... ever since Phantom, I have been drowning in lust for this man. Truly.

I have used my imagination to visualize every possible angle of his naked body.... and in the first days following the birth of my Phantom obsession, I could barely think of anything but Gerard Butler.

As I watched Don Juan prowl across the stage in PONR, I gazed open mouthed at every part of Gerry's face and form, imagining what he looked like under those clothes.

Same with still photos. The mystery of what was inside the jeans.

Seeing him with my own eyes, in all his naked glory, wreathed in moonlight, and as spectacular as a greek nude statue.... I was in shock.

Truthfully.

The shots of him sitting on the bed were a revelation.... he surpassed my imagination. But now it's just sort of weird, because my feelings for him go much deeper than just lust. I really care for him as a human being.

And now I have seen him naked. It's a little like seeing a dear friend naked.... and in a sense, it feels a bit intrusive.

But then again, I am a very modest person when it comes to my own nudity. Somehow to me, the human body, naked... is sacred.

I probably sound like a weirdo, but that's how I feel.

Swannie

Guest greyeyegoddess

And now I have seen him naked. It's a little like seeing a dear friend naked.... and in a sense, it feels a bit intrusive.

But then again, I am a very modest person when it comes to my own nudity. Somehow to me, the human body, naked... is sacred.

No, it doesn't sound weird Swan, and maybe for once I agree with you...LOL!

As much as I love Gerry, I can wait to see more of him....I'm in no hurry. I guess I wouldn't be considered much of a gutter gal.

What's even stranger is that I really don't like rated R movies. Even with some of my other favorite actors, I'll buy the movie, to support their work, but I just have no interest in seeing the movie.

Brendan Fraser and "Crash". I love Brendan dearly--I have no interest in the movie, but I own it. Go figure. Still in shrink wrap.

But for some reason, I'll go see what Gerry does, even with such a rating.

~alice

Oh, Swansong, if you think you are weird, then you are in good company with the rest of us other weirdos! I don't think you are weird. Nor do I think I am weird, we just admire a beautiful man! Gerry has a beautiful body! That was evident in Tomb Raider and POTO! Being able to view it unclothed in 300 was a privilege. I admire his long legs, big hands, beautiful expressive eyes, hairy chest and all the rest that goes with it! He is a vision of beauty, clothed or unclothed! :heat:

I can just see Zack cruising around the Gerry sites, catches drift of what we are looking for on the DVD. Decides he is going to have some fun with us so he goes back to his editing room, checks that scene and realizes that when lightened up something not-so-wee may be revealed - so he sticks a little black box over it and types in words that can only be seen when you lighten the frame on the DVD - it says

"sorry GALS,

Love, Zack"

:funnyabove: :rotflmao:

The shots of him sitting on the bed were a revelation.... he surpassed my imagination. But now it's just sort of weird, because my feelings for him go much deeper than just lust. I really care for him as a human being.

Swannie

I understand what you're saying Swannie in that he surpassed anything I could have imagined. I have to say, though, for me, the nude scene was so beautifully done it didn't feel intrusive to me. More of a frontal view, yes it would have. But with the color palette that Zach chose as well as the careful use of shadow, it just strikes me as totally artistic. I loved it.

No, it doesn't sound weird Swan, and maybe for once I agree with you...LOL!

As much as I love Gerry, I can wait to see more of him....I'm in no hurry. I guess I wouldn't be considered much of a gutter gal.

What's even stranger is that I really don't like rated R movies. Even with some of my other favorite actors, I'll buy the movie, to support their work, but I just have no interest in seeing the movie.

Brendan Fraser and "Crash". I love Brendan dearly--I have no interest in the movie, but I own it. Go figure. Still in shrink wrap.

But for some reason, I'll go see what Gerry does, even with such a rating.

~alice

Alice - Crash is an amazing movie. Watch it when you get the chance. Powerful performances. The movie caught me off guard at how much it affected me. Definitely a must see, IMO.

"sorry GALS,

Love, Zack"

OMG Susan you made me spit my tea out all over the place!!! :funnyabove: :funnyabove:

I think I can play around with the light and shadow thingy though!! Not that I would ...but I could!! :cunning:

:stars: Fran

It might have been said already, but I believe that the love scene showed how in control Leonidas was by NOT showing his face. It showed how he took control of Gorgo and pleasured HER.

He controlled her over and over again....

*THUD*