Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
CanuckGal

Now I've seen POTO....

Ok, so after hearing all about the POTO i decided to also give that one a look as well. Reason i've never bothered before is because i'm really not a fan of musicals...

Sooooo, was i the only one that cried like a biga$$ baby towards the end when Christine was telling him he wasn't alone (his mask was off the entire scene and the operahouse was on fire)?? Cuz for someone who doesn't like musicals, i sure had a ridiculous flood goin on there.... :tissues:

I can't believe i just admitted that online... :doh:

Cannuck Gal,

I'm glad you are discovering the other things Gerry has done. This is the whole purpose of GALS. I hadn't seen very much of Gerry, but I happened to be neighbors with Dr. Em, and she drug me here kicking and screaming. I'd seen Drac 2000 and Timline, but it wasn't until Dr. Em and I went to POTO that I truly got an appreciation for this man. Slowly I've been seeing his other movies... just like you.

It doesn't matter what brings you to find Gerry. It caused you to find us, and you'll end up with a huge bunch of supportive wonderful friends. You just wait and see....

BTW, one of the BEST ways to see Gerry's movies is to join in with us for movie chat! OMG... what a hoot! We all watch the same movie at the same time. Bethy is in charge. We all vote to see what the next movie is and then we join in chat and watch it together. It's one of the most fun things I've been doing recently. Just click on movie chat and Bethy gives us all the info. Join us next time!

:hugs:

Pam

Yeah I didn't even give him 2 thoughts when I first heard of POTO but in May of 2006 on mothers day I saw the dvd in the store as a mothers day gift and bought it for myself. Mind you Midnight Diva had been telling me all along and I just fluffed???? it off. hahaa But I brought it for myself and it was not until that week end following that I watched it and boy did I get hooked bad. I called Midnight and said Why didn't you tell me??? she said I tried Idid over and over again. so Its been POTO for me every time as my main movie for Gerry. That brought it all to light for me. Now I get everything I can get my hands on to do with him and his movies. He is so great and so talented and so handsome and those eyes so pretty, and the music from POTO haunts you and what can I say I only wish I had listened like in POTO No one would listen. hahaa I didn't, and it was my lose, but not anymore. !!! Welcome to the Gerry Juice Cannuck Girl betts

POTO is addictive! And you are not alone either CanuckGal, I cry everytime I watch the movie. ( sometimes I have to be alone because my sister and best friend will be like " What is wrong with you!" Lol.) I felt like such a dork opening night seeing it at a theater, I was a running waterfall! LOl! It doesent get any better seeing it on stage either.....Still cried! LOL!

I bought The Phantom of the Opera last night and watch it. I have to say that I was blown away. I love Phantom of the Opera because I use to sing it in Choir class. I couldn't believe that I still remembered the songs. I have seen parts of this movie but never knew it was Gerry. The first time I ever saw Gerry was in Tomb Raider part 2 and I thought he was a cutie. Then I saw some of his other movies but never put two and two together. Even when I saw previews for 300 and wanted to see it I still didn't know it was him. I have to say he can really change his looks really well. Now my new hobbie is watching his other movies. That boy has talent.