Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Guest greyeyegoddess

Awww...watching GOTL/Miracle Match was our first local Gerry activity. We also yelled when Gerry got on the screen, and we watched it twice that night. Ahhh...the memories.

And for all you who are new, and those not so new here, just a reminder that if you are having a blast online with all of us, just think of all the fun you'd have by coming to our Las Vegas Convention in June and meeting up with all your friends who get the Gerry Juice! We had such a blast last year. I can't wait to see all of you fans this year.

~alice

:music:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I gave the impression in my previous post that I wasn't excited for Gerry's success, it was totally uinintentional, and I freely admit that my sadness is selfish, simply because of the fact that he will not be able to spend as much time with his fans as he did in the past... At the same time, I can't help feeling nostalgic, knowing that we'll have to admire him more from a distance than we did in the past, simply because he'll be less accessible...that's all. I understand that it's a part of the progression of his career, and that we, as his fans, can't have it both ways. I couldn't be more thrilled for him, and I wouldn't change that for the world...Go get 'em, Gerry! :claphands:

You GALS have a great day!

:hugs: to all of you!

Alison

Edited by phanphorlife

If I gave the impression in my previous post that I wasn't excited for Gerry's success, it was totally uinintentional, and I freely admit that my sadness is selfish, simply because of the fact that he will not be able to spend as much time with his fans as he did in the past... At the same time, I can't help feeling nostalgic, knowing that we'll have to admire him more from a distance than we did in the past, simply because he'll be less accessible...that's all. I understand that it's a part of the progression of his career, and that we, as his fans, can't have it both ways. I couldn't be more thrilled for him, and I wouldn't change that for the world...Go get 'em, Gerry! :claphands:

You GALS have a great day!

:hugs: to all of you!

Alison

Alison, that wasn't the impression I got. You just shared a thought with us which is what we do here and gave us all something to think about. I think we all agree as far as feeling a little sadness cause we certainly are gonna lose Gerry to the rest of the world but at the same time we're all happy for him because he is getting the recognition that we all knew was going to happen someday! How could it not? So really putting our thoughts and feelings down here in the SC gives us the opportunity to discuss how we all feel about this!! Good subject I would say!

:claphands: Fran

:rotflmao: I know I am repeating myself here but Gerry could be filmed reading the back of cereal boxes and I would be happy!

I do hope that as Gerry was in the UK he got up to Scotland for a break....and to see his Mum. Posted Image

Anna x

FLOOR 16 WHOOPIE!! We are climbing the ladder and speaking of that so is our guy! I was just thinking today that we have quite a few newbies and it very well could be because they got the Gerry juice from 300! My sons girlfriend Erica said that her sister and her husband went to see 300 in the city yesterday at an Imax and she said they loved it! Now once again Ericas sister said she was surprised because she never really liked movies like that... Then she say's to Erica ....is that the guy you were telling me that Davids mother is nuts over? Yeah that's what she said NUTS over... :funnyface: Who me? Anyway after that statement she say's to Erica well he is HOT! I think we now have another one that got the Gerry juice... They just keep on keepin on!!

:cunning: Fran

Betts, Susan, Elissa, Trekkie, Alice and I thought I saw Isabella ...anyway ladies nice sharing the first posts on the 16th floor with ya's. If I forgot anybody forgive me ..it's all because of all this flowing Gerry juice!!

((((HUGS)))) Fran

lol Frannie, so you are NUTS over this guy....well, my son's friend said to me the other day "hey, I saw YOUR GUY in that new movie 300" Posted ImagePosted Image...oh Yeah, that's MY guy alright!! :cunning:

To answer Susan's question is the first post....to me "Gerry Juice" is Gerry's personality. Yeah, he's the most gorgeous guy on the planet...but there are others that come close....but NONE of them have Gerry's personality to me.

Alison, you made me cry too....that was so beautiful and no, I didn't take it that you aren't thrilled with Gerry's success...we all are....but, for me, I feel the days of Gerry being able to meet with his fans has come to an end and never having met Gerry it does make me kind of sad.

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

In some ways I think it will make Gerry sad too - to lose the ability to interact personally with fans from time to time. It may still happen, but I think it will be rarer than it has been over the past couple of years. So I understand the nostalgia for what was, and the wish that we could hold onto that while still allowing him to go out into the world where the masses will recognize him. It's a bit of a conundrum I think... we want him to have the success he has dreamed of and worked so hard for, but it was nice when he was our special secret too!

Hi everyone-

Alison-just read your post-how very well put. :tissues: It is a sort of bittersweet time for us all, happy as we are for Gerry.

Fran-#1 for the cause of "converting" new ladies to the Gerry Juice!!

What a day at work, the kids were all jumpy (spring fever?). I've had heart palpitations (not Gerry induced, unfortunately) the past few days. I think it's stress (or maybe my caffeine addiction). If it continues, I'll have to go to the doctor-blech.

Hugs to all!

-Isabella

Good Evening ladies, HI my sweet Anna, Fran, Isabella, sue, Alice, Susan, Alison, Cat, Star, Dawn I know how a bad back feels I live in constant pain with mine, they want to try botox shots in my neck I can't move it at all. I hope it helps. Has anyone had any for that problem let me know? Anna you have had a time hope you are feeling better too. Its been a long day today. The coumadin clinic for me and change that medicine again for 2 weeks and then back again, but some of my prayers were answered today, some money problems were taken care of and it really helped. My neighbor came over there are 3 guys :cunning::cunning::cunning: that go to college and they come over now and then and told me last night someone tried to get into one of their trucks under the carport. so I was to be careful and they were looking out for me if I ever need them. !!!! I heard my dog bark next time I will let her out. But they scared whoever it was away. We have a time crime is up in our city, we ousted our police chief and now if we can our mayor things may change. I am alone on weekends all day and all night so I am glad for the dog. I made my Hunny chocolate chip cookies, he don't need them but he wanted them so I obliged. It keeps him away from my computer and what I am doing :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Fran you sound like me some days I am verra verra naughty and crazy and silly and other days down and out. Maybe when Midnight Diva ever comes here to visit me we are going to be wild. I can't wait. We are going to paint this old town red. Well ya'll have a good night and Gerry dreams to all. lu lu Betts. :reddeathsword: :ohbaby2:

In some ways I think it will make Gerry sad too - to lose the ability to interact personally with fans from time to time. It may still happen, but I think it will be rarer than it has been over the past couple of years. So I understand the nostalgia for what was, and the wish that we could hold onto that while still allowing him to go out into the world where the masses will recognize him. It's a bit of a conundrum I think... we want him to have the success he has dreamed of and worked so hard for, but it was nice when he was our special secret too!

Amen to that! It was awesome when we had Gerry all to ourselves, and at the same time, I want EVERYONE to know about him, and I want to keep him to myself! It's so.... complicated, really. He's a superstar now.... Wow....

Ok, I'd better go before I get all mushy and sentimental on you all!! *huggles all*

Guest greyeyegoddess

I feel like an era is gone... :kisswink:

Last Saturday, I picked up the last MH issues that happened to be left over by the magazine person, because the new ones were already there. What was funny was that the new issues weren't as scattered around like last months...

Tomorrow, those of us who don't get Entertainment weekly delivered to our house, should be able to find it at the grocer's or other stores that sell entertainment magazines.

Hugs!

~alice

Hi gals! I'm sorry I haven't been around much--I've had a lot on my plate work and family wise. I just read some of the comments, especially Alice's about a bygone era, and I agree--while I am happy for Gerry because of his success, those days when he was very close to fans is probably going to be a good memory in the future.

Hugs to all you gals. Say a prayer for me, would ya? My boss just told me today he wanted to take me out to lunch tomorrow to discuss "modifications" to my role, whatever that means. Hopefully it's something good. I'll keep you updated.

:comfort: to those not feeling well.

Irene :hearts:

Nancy my friend, if I had got to see Gerry at the Premiere in London you would have heard me scream! And then everyone would have complained about my enthusiastic reception! :rotflmao:

And I must enclose this pic, it's enough to melt granite, :inlove: Posted Image

:rotflmao: I thought I would have heard you Anna!! :lol:

Hope your procedure went okay.

Just 4 more days till you get to see Gerry in 300!! :yippee:

And thanks :kiss: for posting that new-old Gerry pic with the kitty... I LOVE it!! SEXY!! :pointy:

Hey Ladies... :wave: Wow, I was just off the site for a little over 24 hours and there's a NEW floor!!

I have mixed emotions on how to reply to some of the concerns stated about Gerry becoming so "big" or "popular" that he forgets his fans, or will be so busy he may not have time to meet them as he has in the past.

I recall in the very first Gerry interview I read over two years ago, it stated that he was Hollywoods most "famous" "unknown" actor...that he could walk around the streets of LA and not be noticed. And Gerry said he just wanted to be able to fly economy and eat at Burger King... :rotflmao:

When you read about when he saw "Trainspotting" on the stage in Edinburgh, did he say he wanted to win an Oscar someday??? I don't think I've ever heard him say this??? :confused: He just knew that acting was what he wanted to do. I just saw a clip of him being interviewed outside of the panel at WonderCon and he mentioned doing some films (in his past) just because he needed a job, or had bills to pay. As a working girl myself, I can relate to this...you may not get your dream job, but you've got a job, and you do have bills to pay. And it seems to me that Gerry has truly enjoyed how much privacy he has had, and doing what he wants. In any profession, making it to the "top" may not neccesarily be the goal of everyone. Sometimes just steady work is enough.

I picture Gerry as the kind of guy, that wants to act and get paid for it, and feels lucky that he gets to act for his profession. I get the impression that he loves acting, (how many of us can say we love our job???), and wants to better himself with each new role just for his own personal goals, not for public accolades or so that everyone in the world will know his name.

Is this making sense?

I better stop now because I am just too tired and I must get to bed. I'm losing my train of thought. I have been so BUTLERIZED in the last two weeks, I really am exhausted!! :kisswink:

I was waiting up for ANNA, but she's not here yet, so I'll say goodnight, and Good Morning for now. :wave:

Nancy :kiss:

Edited by Attila Girl

:rotflmao: I know I am repeating myself here but Gerry could be filmed reading the back of cereal boxes and I would be happy!

I do hope that as Gerry was in the UK he got up to Scotland for a break....and to see his Mum. Posted Image

Anna x

YES YES YES I couldn't agree more..... just that scottish burrrr would turn me on......

Spot....{{{OO}}}

Hi Nancy and Betts big hugs for you too.

Susan, Sue everyone, love ya but gotta go to bed now. Live is so busy these days I just get time to catch up, say hi and run.

Loves ya's all

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

While I don't think Gerry is in the profession for accolades or awards, obviously what other people think hits him in a deep spot. He was so anxious to get out and see 300 (several times) during opening weekend to see what the audience reaction was. He's made comments in the past that would indicate that criticism of his Phantom cut deeply, and he is also touched when he hears about how that role inspired others. So while I certainly do believe he acts because he loves it, it is his passion and he has a wonderful talent for it, he also has a heart and soul that bleed, and for that reason some level of accolades will impact him. And recognition on a higher level than he has experienced to date will also (hopefully) bring him a wider selection of roles to select from, and maybe even bring the funds necessary to make the films that his heart desires (like Burns). He may lose some of his anonymity in public, and that is sad for him, but if the upside is that it brings him a bigger and better and more fulfilling career then hopefully it is worth the price.

Now I must get to work, the boss was hoping for another report by noon and it's gonna be a stretch to accomplish that!

Greetings! Ladies.....:D

I couldn't agree more with what has been said regarding Gerry's career from here on out. I guess we can just view it as an end of an era and on to a new one....a bit different.

I also agree that Gerry is in the acting profession because of the love of it and the challenge of the varied roles he takes on. I really don't think all the other "stuff" is his thing, I'm pretty sure he is grounded enough to stay on task. Time will tell how he continues to handle all the newfound attention he's going to get. Something tells me however that he'll still be that adorable goof ball who happens to be the most gorgeous and talented SCOT to walk the earth!! :pointy:

Whenever the subject of how the critics were so down on him for his role in POTO, my heart just breaks for him. For most of us, that's where we discovered and fell in LOVE with not only a wonderful and very talented actor but we got to know what a caring and loving human being he is and one who puts his heart and soul into every role he takes on. If I could tell him one thing it would be how much his portrayal of The Phantom touched my heart personally and as far as I'm concerned, he IS the ONE AND ONLY PHANTOM!! :erikrose:

I hope he knows that at anytime and place 24/7, if he feels the least bit at odds with himself, he can go to his GALS and TARTS and any of the other fan sites for love and encouragement ALWAYS!!

Wonder who's taking care of Miss Lolita while Gerry's bee-bopping around the globe right now??? :lolita: I've been taking care of my sister's cocker spaniel, Maggie for a few days...Gerry could've dropped Lolita off here with us and she'd have a great time!! :kisswink:

JUDE

Edited by JUDE

Hey everyone!

Indeed Alice, yesterday while on a hunt for the 300 soundtrack (which was nearly impossible to find...so many places were OUT OF STOCK) I also snagged a copy of EW. Took a lot of pride-swallowing to do it...I thought, if I just focus on Gerry as Leonides, and ignore the magazine title, I'll be fine... :kisswink:

I went to FYE and they were out of the soundtrack, so I went about a block over to Barnes and Noble, and the helpful salesman searched through recently-shipped boxes to find a copy for me. The special edition of the soundtrack is on backorder, he said...they're waiting for the label to make more. Surprise hit indeed...

This music is SO beautiful...Tyler Bates has become a favorite of mine. Right now I'm listening to "Goodbye My Love" which tears my heart out. I can barely stand (in a good way) to listen to "Message for the Queen," as that one tears my heart out and stomps all over it. :tissues:

And then there are tracks like "To Victory" and "The Hot Gates" which are just pure adreneline and arse-kicking! :claphands: Both types of tracks give me goosebumps all over....

Anyway, must go do some work... haven't seen 300 in a week, and won't be able to for about another week...getting antsy!! *paces*

Loves to all!

~Mel

Drive by...

TY, totally...wish we'd known then, there's supposed to be some nice courses in Vegas...I'm hoping to get in a round in Kentucky, that is if the weather is ok..

I will be relocating to Lexington on Monday for another month or so before finally returning home, hope I can remember where my house is...I keep hoping to get out to see the film, but with the migraines, the back and my supreme hatred of movie theatres, I just don't know...

Anywho. ttyl

Dawn

Hi Dawn -

Sorry about the migraines and back spasms!! But if you can possibly make it to the theater "300" is the kind of film that really HAS to be seen on as big a screen as possible to get the most out of it. I keep shelling out for IMAX showings (at $14 to $15 a piece) because the IMAX Experience of '300' is great! But I've seen it in large regular theaters too. I just highly recommend it on as big a screen as you can manage. I'm guessing it will be around for awhile so opportunities should continue to be available.

Hugs,

Susan

Well here I am late again. The day for us is almost over but just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all. I don't get here as much as I used to any more... Guess I have to take care of that other thing...LIFE! As boring as it may be if I don't pay bills, clean house, do laundry , look at new pics of Gerry...whoops, how'd that get in there? You know all those every day pains in the Arse things! Right now I'm sitting here starting to get chilly cause either our thermostat went down or the furnace. I'm hoping for the thermostat. Of all nights it's gonna be a cold one tonight... Have to cuddle up with someone that likes to cuddle!! :cunning:

Now here we go again, every time I get on something disturbs me. Gotta go!

(((HUGS))) to you all, Fran

Hey Fran!

Okay, I love this picture...

Posted Image

Three cheers for male fan enthusiam! I can just see it now...

"DUDE!! It's the KING!! Hey man, hey, you are AWESOME! Totally completely A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Man, can I get your autograph?? You ROCK!"

*shakes out of inner-dude mode*

I'm back!

~Mel

:funnyabove: Cute MEL!! Is this London???

DAWN: Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me!! :confused: I seem to recall your back went out before, but I never believed it had to do with horses!! :Yee-Haw: :kisswink: Remember this: :cunning: (don't forget to "click and roll").http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/Atti...erDownUnder.jpg

FRANNIE: You crack me up!! :funnyabove:

CAT: :kiss:

ANNA: To the Lady of the House . :rose:

LADY ELISSA: Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say! :thankyou:

And to EVERYONE ELSE: :hugs:

And to PERRIN: :barebum:

:lol::rotflmao::lol:

Edited by Attila Girl