Gerard Butler GALS

3/18 - 300 IS THE WORLD'S TOP MOVIE AS IT CONQUERS US BOX OFFICE AGAIN

zanyzombie

Contactmovies.com

March 19, 2007

300 IS THE WORLD'S TOP MOVIE AS IT CONQUERS US BOX OFFICE AGAIN

War epic 300 is all conquering at the top of the US box office for a second successive week - and it has become the biggest film in the world too.

The instant cult film, which stars Scottish actor GERARD BUTLER as the leader of a band of heroic ancient Spartans, took in $31.2 million (GBP16 million) over the weekend (16-18MAR07) to take its 10-day tally to a staggering $127.4 million (GBP65.3 million).

The film, based on a graphic novel by SIN CITY creator FRANK MILLER, broke records last week (11MAR07) when it claimed the third most successful opening for an R-rated movie, and became the month of March's biggest debut ever.

And, after wowing audiences in America, the period war film has turned its attention on the rest of the world; it's also the new number one box office pull in international markets, earning an added $15.6 million (GBP8 million) from chart-topping stands in 13 countries.

It opens in Britain, France and Spain this week (ends23MAR07).

Elsewhere on the new US box office chart, SANDRA BULLOCK has scored the best opening of her career with psychological thriller PREMONITION, which debuted at number three behind JOHN TRAVOLTA's WILD HOGS comedy film, with a healthy $18 million (GBP9.2 million).

19/03/2007 02:05

Contactmovies.com

March 19, 2007

300 IS THE WORLD'S TOP MOVIE AS IT CONQUERS US BOX OFFICE AGAIN

War epic 300 is all conquering at the top of the US box office for a second successive week - and it has become the biggest film in the world too.

The instant cult film, which stars Scottish actor GERARD BUTLER as the leader of a band of heroic ancient Spartans, took in $31.2 million (GBP16 million) over the weekend (16-18MAR07) to take its 10-day tally to a staggering $127.4 million (GBP65.3 million).

The film, based on a graphic novel by SIN CITY creator FRANK MILLER, broke records last week (11MAR07) when it claimed the third most successful opening for an R-rated movie, and became the month of March's biggest debut ever.

And, after wowing audiences in America, the period war film has turned its attention on the rest of the world; it's also the new number one box office pull in international markets, earning an added $15.6 million (GBP8 million) from chart-topping stands in 13 countries.

It opens in Britain, France and Spain this week (ends23MAR07).

Elsewhere on the new US box office chart, SANDRA BULLOCK has scored the best

Well Gerry.........it looks like your'e on your way...... Bravo!!!!! :claphands::claphands::claphands: :yippee: :pointy:Congratulations to YOU, Zach, and the whole cast for a Job Well Done

19/03/2007 02:05

That must be another stab in the hearts of the critics! They tried to attack the movie first, but when they found that they could not stem the tide...or should I say, tsunami... that is 300, they started taking pot shots at the audience. They are now getting desperate, because they used to be able to destroy a movies chance before it even reached the theater. Just think about what they did to Phantom of the Opera! Many of us never even got the choice to see it on a big screen, because the critics where so rabid in their attacks of ALW, many theater owners did not want to touch it. With the internet, personal commentary and word of mouth was louder than the pompous cries of movie critics.

I am sure that I am not the only one here who dislikes having her intelligence questioned. I do not much care for being called a fanboy either. :tantrum:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Faenwyn,

I'm wondering about that. Did Hollywood completely miss us again? Did we do something that backfired on us? I mean, we supported Gerry's work, but does Hollywood realize that Gerry's fan base had something to do with the success? Or did we have anything to do with it?

Did we do enough? I think I read somewhere about percentages of people waiting to see this movie. Was it 50 or 60 something percent were action or comic book fans? And only 10-30 percent were waiting for this movie because of the actors?

Well, I guess the only way we'll know is if the next two movies-Butterfly and PS I love you become hits too. Only then, will we know if the fan base is strong enough to pull Gerry's work through...no matter what.

Whatever happens, I'll still be here.

~alice

:music: