Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
moomoo22

Escape from New York

Go to Netflix and check out the trailer for that 1981 version of Escape. (they now have an extended edition of the movie or something). After you check out Kurt Russell (very hot in this trailer, BTW), look at the link below.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/gallery/di...=312&pos=12

Now someone needs to put a little eyepatch over his eye with photoshop! Please let Gerry look like this in his new movie, God. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeee!!!!!!!!!!! :claphands:

Posted Image

Already posted this elsewhere, Gerry is so 'Snake', just look at the similarity!

Anna X

Posted Image

Already posted this elsewhere, Gerry is so 'Snake', just look at the similarity!

Anna X

Oh I hope he does do this film, I've always loved him with his long hair (my fav being Timeline), so I think this role would be just amazing.

Smiles

Che x

He does look a lot like Kurt Russell's "Snake" in this picture.

I on the other hand hope he DOES NOT make this movie.

This film belongs to Kurt... among the most memorable of his roles. I loved the film and Kurt as Snake... He will ALWAYS be Snake Plissken!!! I own the DVD.

Sometimes "remakes" can be very very dangerous... look at the most recent: POSIDEON remake. Should have left it alone after making the very original - which was called THE LAST VOYAGE. They shouldn't have even made THE POSIDEON ADVENTURE.

I am very happy to see Gerry being recognized and being offered more roles, but he needs to do something "fresh" that he owns, not a rehash of a role that belongs to an icon among the stars of Hollywood and a film that already has a small cult following.

Example: Gerry owns Phantom... and no one will ever be able to do the role better in the hearts of movie fans... and not just because it is Gerry who played the part, but because Gerry was the "first" and it belongs to him.

:Erikunmasked: Erik's Ebony Eyes :reddeathsword:

P.S. - Just found this article from FILM STEW. This is what I am saying... I totally agree with their comments:

Daily News

Search Daily News:

A Questionable Escape Clause

Did CAA make the right pre-emptive move by packaging up actor Gerard Butler in a somewhat surprising remake vehicle choice? We're not so sure.

Monday, March 19, 2007 at 12:01 AM

By Dennis Michael

Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage.com Photo

Clowning around at last week's 300 premiere in London

The highest-paid actors, writers and directors in Hollywood surrender 10% of their paychecks to CAA (Creative Artists Agency) because they believe the House that Mike Ovitz built knows what's best for their careers. But has the talent agency been perhaps a little hasty in its post-300 handling of that film's star, Gerard Butler?

We're sure New Line Cinema, the winner of last week's Escape from New York remake auction, paid a pretty penny for the project, in which Butler is attached to reprise the role essayed by an eye patched Ken Russell back in 1981. But is this lightning speed commercial move in the actor's best artistic interests?

It's not quite Eddie Murphy's Dreamgirls-Norbit combo and, on paper, trying to solidify Butler's standing as an A-list Hollywood action star makes sense. But a remake of a 1981 film that is in itself a grungy genre classic, made by John Carpenter at the peak of his powers? Surely there were other action scripts floating around, and surely CAA didn't need to be in this big a hurry to make the mega-bucks leading man deal.

Their client's breakout Tinseltown calling card has just dominated the box office for a second straight weekend and though they could probably sell him in a remake of Driving Miss Daisy right now, what makes 300 so formidable is its originality. It's like nothing we've ever seen, treating historical subject matter with a new millennium, graphic novel, green screen touch.

But here we have now a project that follows an original and a 1996 sequel starring Russell, Escape from Los Angeles. That's right... 1996. The fact that CAA could tie in Neil Moritz’ Original Films banner and Black Hawk Down screenwriter Ken Nolan certainly must have played a factor. But somehow, we can't help but think that Butler - a formidably poised talent - might have wanted to wait a film or two before jumping into the tired old Hollywood remake game.

Edited by Erik's Ebony Eyes

At first I was torn about Gerry taking on this part, mostly because I too have always seen Kurt Russell as the one and only Snake Plissken. But thinking about it more, Gerry is the ONLY actor that could play the part! Can anyone name another tough, sexy, handsome, witty actor that could play Snake as well or better than Gerry? I can't! :confused:

While I do agree remakes are very dangerous, interesting that the Posideon remake was mentioned since Kurt Russell was in the remake of the Posideon as well as Emmy Rossem (6 degrees of Gerry?), Hollywood is counting on Gerry's NEW fan following to bring in lots of money to EFNY! What they are counting on is that Gerry's new following of fans are 18 - 25 yr. old fanboy, comic book geeks (sorry but that's what their called) and those fans have probably not even seen the original EFNY and only see Kurt Russell as some 'old guy' who played the father in Sky High and Issac Hayes as the guy who used to voice Cook on South Park! Scary but true!

So while those of us old enough to remember Kurt as Snake and would like to keep that part special to only him. The Hollywood remake machine sees a way to make new money on an old film by using Gerry's new found popularity! Such is the way of Hollywood.

Note: As for Gerry jumping into "the Hollywood remake game", what Dennis Michael is not taking into consideration is Gerry DOES have 2 more original films coming out...Butterfly on a Wheel and P.S. I Love You! So his point is moot.

Edited by Scorpio613

Gerry would be an awsome Snake! My dad heard about it on tv the one day and He loves that moive, He thikngs Gerry is a perfect fit for the role. Im so giddy abou the movie he has coming out. P.S. I love you, Priest! I can not wait LOL! DOes anyone know what happend to Burns??? I used to see posters for it but now thier gone.

At first I was torn about Gerry taking on this part, mostly because I too have always seen Kurt Russell as the one and only Snake Plissken. But thinking about it more, Gerry is the ONLY actor that could play the part! Can anyone name another tough, sexy, handsome, witty actor that could play Snake as well or better than Gerry? I can't! :confused:

While I do agree remakes are very dangerous, interesting that the Posideon remake was mentioned since Kurt Russell was in the remake of the Posideon as well as Emmy Rossem (6 degrees of Gerry?), Hollywood is counting on Gerry's NEW fan following to bring in lots of money to EFNY! What they are counting on is that Gerry's new following of fans are 18 - 25 yr. old fanboy, comic book geeks (sorry but that's what their called) and those fans have probably not even seen the original EFNY and only see Kurt Russell as some 'old guy' who played the father in Sky High and Issac Hayes as the guy who used to voice Cook on South Park! Scary but true!

So while those of us old enough to remember Kurt as Snake and would like to keep that part special to only him. The Hollywood remake machine sees a way to make new money on an old film by using Gerry's new found popularity! Such is the way of Hollywood.

Note: As for Gerry jumping into "the Hollywood remake game", what Dennis Michael is not taking into consideration is Gerry DOES have 2 more original films coming out...Butterfly on a Wheel and P.S. I Love You! So his point is moot.

'Scorpio613',

You have some good points... about "Gerry's new following of fans being 18 - 25 yr. old fanboy, comic book geeks". And that also poses another concern... type casting... in order to cash-in on that "crowd".

It will be interesting to see how 300 will affect the release of the other two films you mention.

I think the writer of the article is looking at the types of movies Gerry will be making after the success of 300. The other two film are either finished or in post-prod. and the success of 300 doesn't relate to his getting those roles.

You know... I just heard an ad for 300 on the FX Channel and there was one on HBO last night. That is very unusual. They usually stop the promo ads once the movie is released. Wonder what the deal it? Maybe "Not out of sight... Not out of mind"? :cunning:

:Erikunmasked: Erik's Ebony Eyes :reddeathsword:

Here's an article from Entertainment Weekly that will sure get us GALS and PALS angry! How dare Kurt Russell is to diss Gerry? How conceited he is. Yeah, he's the original Snake, but that doesn't mean he's the best. :grrr2: If it turns out that Gerry does better than Kurt, I'd be laughin' my butt off. :read:

Anyway... here's the article:

SOURCE: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20015465,00.html

Remake the Snake?

For Kurt Russell, there's only one true ''Escape From New York'' Plissken -- and it isn't the Scottish guy that's been cast in the remake

By Chris Nashawaty

Insomniac columnFor movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Kurt Russell's eyepatch-wearing badass Snake Plissken in Escape From New York is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1981 John Carpenter classic was in the works with Scottish actor (and newly minted 300 star) Gerard Butler as the new Snake, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Russell isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Russell sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Snake Plissken absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking The Thing and now Escape From New York. What's your take on that?

KURT RUSSELL: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

Some people are really attached to those movies.

Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

What other films of yours have been remade?

They remade a couple of Disney films that I made — Kirk Cameron did The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They made Backdraft into two television series, Rescue Me and Third Watch, both of which I never saw. They did Stargate.

But messing with Snake Plissken is a whole different level of heresy...

People come up to me and say, ''You played Snake Plissken.'' I didn't play Snake Plissken, I created him! Goldie [Hawn] and I were talking the other day about this, and I said, ''Man, this is weird, isn't it?'' And she said, ''When they were going to do a remake of Private Benjamin, I thought, 'I didn't play Private Benjamin, I created that role!''' I did Wyatt Earp — there's only been 50 of those. But I'll tell you what, I'll put my Wyatt Earp up against anybody's. I'll put my MacCready [his character in The Thing] up against anybody's.

What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Escape from New York, or play the Ernest Borgnine role?

F--- that! I am Snake Plissken! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Escape From New York that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

Posted Mar 20, 2007