• 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56 - 60
    • 61 - 65
    • 66 - 69
    • 70 & up

This is an interesting poll that I wish I had seen a little sooner. I am 53, but feel like a 17 year old inside still. I remember when I joined gb.net back in Jan '05, I was way too embarrassed to put my birthdate on my profile. I had just turned 51 & thought everyone would think I was a weirdo for being on a fansite. It was very new to me to join one & even though I had lurked around for a few months, I just could not actually bring myself to register until I had to in order to join in on a thread I was very interested in. At any rate, needless to say, I no longer care about telling my age & it isn't a big deal any more. I notice that I am not exactly the only one in her 50's here or at the other sites. Plus I am not the oldest either! I love it that there are so many of all ages that have a mutual adoration for Gerry or have "GALS"! The conventions are even more interesting, so many different ages & we all have so much fun together! I can't wait for the next Vegas convention!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am an oldie but goodie and still think of myself as hot. I think I am 20 however. You know they say, "never let an old person in" and I truly believe that. Think young, be young and of course, a little botox never hurt anybody... hehehe... I'll never tell... :claphands:

Hugs, M

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DonnaKat

They say 40 is the new 20...so I guess I'm 20. :D

As far as the fan bashing goes, I've read a few of those comments myself and I just chalk it up to envy. The people bashing Gerry's female fans are most likely male, and are probably just jealous these same women wouldn't give them the time of day.

Besides, times have changed and some people just need to get with the program. When I was in my 20's, I had all these 'old coots' ;) trying to hook up with me. Some of them were over twice my age...some were even older than my dad! Ironically, now that I'm 40, I'm no longer attracting men my age. I still attract a few older men, but the majority of the guys who want to date me are ranging in age from early to mid 20's. Whodathunkit??

It seems that somehow, someway, and by no fault or effort of my own....I've become a cougar. Go figure. :confused: Oh well...I guess it's better than being called an old maid!

I know my age, but my (older) sister uses "Rissa" math when she gives her age, so I check with her weekly to find out how old I am. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Two reasons, Rider (welcome to GALS, btw!!)

1) other members under 14 haven't answered the poll.

2) there aren't a lot of members under 14 to begin with.

According to the poll, you're in the smallest demographic, and I'm in the largest... but hey, we're all fans here, that's what matters. :hearts:

~Mel

I like this poll as long as it is anynomous. It only assures me that I am not so crazy if, in my age, I started behaving like a teenager in a way. Now I found out that I am among the two most numerous groups! Will you continue with other sensitive issues (for example, weight?).

By the way, as to the polls in general, the question which film caused GALS in the particular case of each of us was already raised (probably several times), but it is difficult to join a poll already closed. I think this question is so essential that probably could be even a part of our profiles (I am sure still POTO wil be No. 1, but wanted to be sure about it).

Anyway, thanks for all the existing polls!

By the way, as to the polls in general, the question which film caused GALS in the particular case of each of us was already raised (probably several times), but it is difficult to join a poll already closed. I think this question is so essential that probably could be even a part of our profiles (I am sure still POTO wil be No. 1, but wanted to be sure about it).

Anyway, thanks for all the existing polls!

Hi Donnie!

The polls you're talking about that are closed were part of a "Gerry Movie Survivor" contest... it was a just for fun thing where a question would be up for a little while, and the results determined which movie was eliminated.

~Mel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting poll, nice to see all age groups represented. I did a similar poll on another actor forum I belong to and the results were pretty similar.

I'm 35, but sure don't feel it. I thought 35 would mean I was very responsible and mature. LOL! I still feel like a 16 year old on the inside. In fact it just feels like yesterday that I was leaving school and getting my first job. I don't know where the time has gone.

Fell in love with him when I was 42 (Attila) :attila: . Love him even more now! Edited by IListen

• 2 months later...

I will be turning 45 on sunday (7/8) and Damn proud of it-- no shame in saying my age!!! at this point it is the largestslice of the fan pie!!

Love you all

Annemarie :hearts:

I say good taste in good men, good talent, good heart, good soul, comes in all ages. Wisdom is only acquired with age, after all. It seems that we have a few wise ladies of younger ages, as well, but,

like I said good taste comes in all ages and all size packages. It doesn't take an Einstein to recognize

Gerry's unique qualities as an actor and a person. He is, after all, pairfect in every way possible.

The ones who criticize are only jealous because they are not great enough to be lusted after,

how old are these people anyway? And about that lusting comment: When you cease to dream,

you cease to exist. I have no intention of ceasing either, and where Gerry is concerned, they can

simply drop off the face of the planet. I have now earned the right to feel any way I want to feel

about anyone I want to feel it about. Double standard indeed. Men are expected to lust after younger

women, so why not the other way around. Do men think they are better at an older age so woman

should not lust after youth and vigor as well? Well, I always knew that men's brains were not as

large as their, well, you get my point, I'm sure. I reserve the right to still dream, and lust, especially

after Gerry until I'm at least 100 or in Heaven, which ever comes first. And when I get to Heaven I wil

be his guardian angel until he is in Heaven as well.

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin'

You and Only You.

Guest Winter Angel

I am 22 will be 23 this Christmas. :bow2: women who are more mature than me. It doesn't bother me that G is 16 years my senior. I will always love this man, even after my time on this earth is done. I have never truly been a fan before I saw Gerry. He is one of the reasons that make life worth living. He is a beautiful man. I can only hope and pray that he meets that special someone soon. What ever her age is, she is a blessed woman.

I just turned 39 in March. So I'm Gerry's age which is (if you know me well) an anomaly. I normally like older men, but Gerry is different. He's just a special person that I would love to meet someday.

• 2 weeks later...