Gerard Butler GALS

Pics of Nathan and Di!

Swansong

Hi everyone,

We managed to get some sweet photos of Nathan and Di while she was here for his B-day.

awwwwwww.......

(Update: added Di and Nathan's story, post 14)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Swansong

Thanks Swan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They are so adorable together!!*whispering*Not trying to jump the gun here, but if they get married someday, can you imagine the guest list with all of us GALS!!!!Maybe you could invite Gerry, since he is the reason they are together.He'd love their story!!!!

I wish them all the best!!!

Amy

Edited by redroseblackribbon

Well it IS quite a story.... and I will be happy to share it when I have a wee bit more time... later tonight, maybe.

The story is still unfolding.... (Amy.... not a hopeless romantic, are you? tee hee)

Swannie

Swannie, :wave:

Thanks for sharing the photos!!! Di is such a lovely gal and I am so happy that her and Nathan have hit it off.

Such a nice romantic story....yes like Amy and Pilar...I am a hopeless romantic and find Di and Nathan's romance :inlove: such a refreshing story.

Hugs, Linda

Nathan and Di's story:

As most of you already know, my son Nathan has suffered through over 3 years of a devastating illness. In the Summer of 2003, he became very ill, and once his symptoms were diagnosed in late October (after several trips to the ER) he had emergent surgery to remove his colon in mid December. Without telling the whole long story here, that initial surgery led to many life threatening complications and several months in the hospital, followed by 5 more surgeries, pneumonia and peritonitis over a 2 year period. He was a very sick young man whose body weight dropped from 265 llbs (he's 6'3 and large boned) down to 160 or less.

Last year in early winter, although Nathan had been recovering and was doing better, he had a flare-up.... and once again, experienced the same symptoms that led to his first surgery, and wound up in the hospital again. Finally, he was diagnosed with crohns disease (the earlier diagnosis was ulcerative colitis, but the two diseases can mimic each other, and it is often next to impossible to tell them apart)

During this very difficult and frightening resurgence of Nathan's illness, I spent a lot of time in the GALS chat room at night, seeking and receiving support from my wonderful GALS friends, one, a lovely young lady whose screen name is "Naois" and whose real name is Diana. Di and I became friends, and she, along with the other ladies would listen patiently as I described what Nathan was going through. Not only was he severely physically ill, and pretty much bed-ridden.... but he was also understandably depressed and had really, no friends. Another long story, but his finace of nearly 2 years broke up with him following his (what we thought was) final surgery. So Nathan was very lonely and sad.

Well Di, out of the sweetness of her heart, began to ask me questions about Nathan, and suggested that I somehow get him to come into the chat room. I can't remember the time frame, but one night, I finally convinced Nathan to come into chat, and Di of course was in there, as well as all the other regulars. Nathan hung out with us for a bit, and then I recall him popping in there several more times over a period of weeks.

She knew his whole story through me; what he had been through, his physical and emotional condition, his devastating scars, and the challenges he faced for the future (at that time, he was so ill, we were seriously not certain what the future held for him) and still... Diana reached out to him.

Unbeknownst to me, he and Di were becoming friends, and their friendship grew over time as they got to know one another through Pms and instant messaging.

Fast forward a few months, when Nathan and I began working on the orchestral accompaniment for the Chanson de L'ange aria, and between Nathan's new social interaction and making music again.... he slowly began to pull out of his depression. Next thing I know... I'm in Las Vegas, standing in front of the gorgeous and Uber-sweet Gerard Butler, who is hugging me and giving me the Butler award for my rather shaky performance of the aria Nathan and I composed (which Gerry heard and saw by way of Jereme's video)

From the magical and surreal Vegas experience, things began to swirl into the stuff of dreams.... as Nathan's passion for music was once again re-ignited, through the GALS, Dr Em, and even GB, who praised Nathan's work.

With predisone and new medications prescribed by the GI doc, Nathan began to recover physically.... experiencing welcome relief from his pain, re-gaining a healthier weight, and living a more normal lifestyle (no more pain meds...yayyyy!).

I suppose it was later in the summer of last year, when I began to notice that Nathan talked a lot about Di, and she mentioned him a few times in chat as well, so being a mom, I sort of picked up on the fact that they were becoming very good friends. Gradually through their own private connections... that friendship grew into something more over the next months into the New Year.... culminating in Nathan traveling to Texas in February, to finally meet her face to face.

Well you just never know what it will be like to meet someone in person.... when you have come to know them on-line, through photographs and phone calls, but apparently this meeting only confirmed what they already knew in their hearts.... they cared for one another.

It was for real.

Just this week, Di flew to Portland to surprise Nathan for his b-day (and boy, was HE surprised!), and they will be seeing each other again at the Vegas Con in June.

So here we have a perfect example of how my entire family has been blessed by our association with Gerry, and with his beautiful and loving GALS....

Meanwhile, Di and Nathan's story is to be continued, so keep them both in your thoughts and prayers. :kisswink:

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Swannie, what a wonderful story! I am so happy for Nate and Di, and for you and Bill to finally see Nathan truly happy again!

Issy

Swannie, They look like two peas in a pod!! Very cute and Nathan looks a little shy...Is he? Thanks Sweetie for sharing your pics with us!

:yippee: Fran

You know something, Bonnie Anne? Everytime you tell us this story, I'll be like a little kid after my favorite bedtime story... "Please tell it to me again, Mommy!"

It's beautiful, maybe we could make a movie starring Gerry as Nathan and Nathan (of course) can write the score... And have a simulation of Grease's You're the One That I Want competition open to GALS members to cast Di!!!! Of course, Di could be Di, but then Nathan would rather play Nathan. :rotflmao:

**snif** :tissues: What a sweet story! I wish Nathan and Di all the very best - might know he'd fall for a Texas GAL!

Once again, our lovely Gerry has touched lives. Is there no end to the man's magic???

Sue

Swannie, They look like two peas in a pod!! Very cute and Nathan looks a little shy...Is he? Thanks Sweetie for sharing your pics with us!

:yippee: Fran

Yes, Fran.... Nathan is shy.

Libby... I don't think Di would mind playing herself if Gerry were to play Nathan..... can we BE any sillier?

Swannie

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.... they look so cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story Swannie!!

Hugs,

Jenn

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the cute couple and retelling the story again. Very nice. I'm assuming you knew she was coming and didn't bother to tell him, hence the surprise?

But, I have to say one thing - your house looks WAY too clean. OMG, I would have to have them stand in a corner just so you wouldn't see the scattered toys and dog hair everywhere. :lol:

Cassie

Libby... I don't think Di would mind playing herself if Gerry were to play Nathan..... can we BE any sillier?

No, you misunderstood. It's not Di I was worried about playing opposite Gerry, it is Nathan I didn't figure would care too much for Di playing opposite Gerry!

Just to clear a couple of things up:

Di first contacted me through a HUGE email commenting on my musical abilities. Then I started talking to her in chat till oh...4am sometimes. Then we started talking via Skype and the phone. Mostly skype since it didn't cost either of us anything.

During this whole time, she was attending college and various classes. But then there was a was a time where she decided she wanted to join the Marines (I hope this isn't TMI Di :) but it's part of the story)

There was also a point where she was drifting away, and I let her. But then she sent me a letter. And after talking to her again, I told her to NEVER do that again lol She humbly agreed.

She announced to me she was going to enlist January. Because of all your support in selling my CD's to you, I had a bit of money sitting in a bank account waiting to be used for something. So I decided to buy a plane ticket to Texas with that money. So in essence YOU ALL PAID FOR MY FIRST VISIT. Also thanks for Binks for getting me the free Hotel room. Theres no way I would've been able to come down there if I didn't have that.

Even though I knew she was going to enlist, I told myself I had to meet her before she goes. Otherwise I would've regretted it the rest of my life. Another one that got away...

Well, since the visit went well, I think she changed her mind. :)

I'm sure there could be a book on this but I don't have the time...