Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Misty W

PM Box

Toward the top of my screen where I have the options to click "My Controls", etc, it says that I have -1 New Messages. Does anyone know what this means? I click on it and go into my messenger but there isn't a new message.

Did something I sent not go through maybe?

It won't go away even after I go into my messenger.

Thanks! Any help is appreciate as I am stumped! :doh:

:kisswink:

Even after I've read a new message that notice will sometimes still remain when I return to main forum. It will usually disappear if I refresh my screen.

I hope this helps.

Beaches

Misty, I'm not sure.... When you are on the screen with your messages, is one of the little brief case-looking symbols (on left side of message subjects) darker blue than the others? If so, you have missed reading that one and the "1 message" alert should go away after you open it. If not, maybe refresh the screen, then try deleting temporary internet files on your computer, reboot your computer. I'm really at a loss here, guessing.

Let me ask around and get back to you.

Hugs,

Libby

I've got it too. It's constantly at -1. At one point I did have two new messages and it read -3

Misty ~ Have you read all your messages?

Maybe, the 1, is one you missed.

Misty ~ Have you read all your messages?

Maybe, the 1, is one you missed.

Nah, mine say's the same thing 1 new message and there's nothing there. I just figure it will clear itself eventually.

:confused: Fran

Give it a couple of days to see if corrects itself.

If not let us know.

:hugs:

Well, at least it's not just me! Mine started saying -1 New Message (NEGATIVE ONE MESSAGE) today, too. Weird!

Issy

Thanks Stef for checking it out for us!

I'm so glad to hear it isn't just me!

:kiss:

It looks like all is back to 'normal'!

Thanks, Stef :hearts:

Mine is still saying -1, but as long as it's not causing me to miss any PMs, I guess it really doesn't matter.

Issy

No need to rush Stef. We know you will get to it when you can.

I love all the new Gerry pics you've posted on the main GALS pages, and the 2007 Fan Convention in Las Vegas logo on the home page and your siggy is absolutely rocking!

BTW, I love that new hosted by gbgals.com logo you have put on all the gallery pictures that are posted. It took me a while to even notice it, *you know... looking at Gerry always comes first* but I like it. You do so much for the site and us.

Thank you for all your hard work and all the little things you that you do for us. We do notice! :hug99: :claphands:

Beaches

I LOVE all the new photos you posted Stef.

They look beautiful.

I had the same thing happen with my message counter. But I cleared out my temporary files and cookies. Restarted my computer and it took care of it. :confused: I'm not sure if that's really why it worked, but it's back the correct # now.

Guest pilaraquarius

Everything's fine on mine now...I hope it's the same with everyone elses'. :wave:

Yep! Mine too!!!

Thanks for all your hard work Stef!!!

Mine's still messed up. It says "-2 New Messages", even though I deleted one that I sent to myself.

Stef, there's no rush to fix it....take your time, we can all appreciate how busy you are. It only bugs me because I'm totally OCD about stuff like that.

Stacy

Mine's still messed up. It says "-2 New Messages", even though I deleted one that I sent to myself.

Stef, there's no rush to fix it....take your time, we can all appreciate how busy you are. It only bugs me because I'm totally OCD about stuff like that.

Stacy

Stacy,

I seem to have joined the '-2 New Messages' club now too! :lol: I'm a bit OCD myself sometimes. Like people's VCR's flashing "12:00" really bug me!!

My guess is it's a glitch in the system that ultimately won't change anything. Just check your message box to be sure you aren't missing anything.

My little (-1) just popped back up after being gone for a few days.

We just need to be Zen about this and let it go. :lol:

I seem to have joined the '-2 New Messages' club now too! :lol: I'm a bit OCD myself sometimes. Like people's VCR's flashing "12:00" really bug me!!

Hey Katie - I can't change the time on one of my VCR's. (Daylight Savings Time thing ) Are you gonna come out and help me with it? :lol:

Well mine only says -1 so either I'm more special than the -2s or less special :lol:

Hey Katie - I can't change the time on one of my VCR's. (Daylight Savings Time thing ) Are you gonna come out and help me with it? :lol:

No Jill, it only bothers me if I have to LOOK at it! If I ever come out there for a visit, I'll fix it for ya! Plus, I want to take our picture in front of Songbird St. :kisswink:

Well mine only says -1 so either I'm more special than the -2s or less special :lol:

In your case, I'd say less special Dawn. :lol::bonk: :barebum: