Gerard Butler GALS

A little slice of heaven...

We got to meet Gerry in New York City! On Friday 10 of us from the Northeast group met in NYC for a day of fun. We came from NY, NJ, CT and ME. As Lisa/Adoring has said, we wanted to try to get standby tickets for Conan's show. I was up at 4:00 am for a 5;40 train and arrived in the city by 7:30 where I met two other fans. We cabbed it to NBC and after standing in line until 9:00 gabbing, laughing and educating others in line, we were given the tickets and told to report back at 3:45.

Since we had lots of time to kill we had breakfast to regroup and decided to go see 300 again. We were hoping for IMAX, but all of them have been sold out since 300 opened. I love seeing 300 with Gerry's fans, it's so much more fun and meaningful (and, you know, all those little inside jokes that people don't understand). Much walking in the rain (I had to buy an umbrella) to the movie theater. Back to the studio to check in and then more regrouping. Back up again to be told that they were cutting off the tickets at #26...I had #43. Eventually only one of our group was able to get in as two others were cut out of the line as well. I'm sure Gerry was disappointed that there was only one of his true fans in the audience.

While we were waiting for our friend we all decided we would like to see the arrivals of the celebrities for the day and found out at which NBC entrance they usually arrived. We knew we were in the right spot as there were paparazzi gathered there. (How do they find out these things?) The first to arrive was Liv Tyler and she was rushed right in...the paparazzi stormed her SUV and her. I was able to get a picture however...she is very beautiful.

A little while later Gerry arrived and Alan popped out of the car first. Gerry could hardly get out of the car because he was stormed by the autograph seekers and razzi. All of a sudden they seemed to come out of nowhere. They are really pushy and rude! Fortunately I was positioned up front and was able to get some great photos of Gerry (I have sent them to Barb) and I was able to talk to him. Some of the ladies got pictures autographed. If you thought he looked wonderful on Conan, he looked fabulous in the flesh...tanned and his eyes are really light. I had not noticed his unbuttoned shirt at that point and it was blue...not gray the way it looked on TV.

We took a little rest then (legs and feet sore and tired) and found out that Liv's and Gerry's cars would exit from the driveway across the street after the show. We had just about given up when Gerry's car came out of the garage and thankfully there were no paparazzi then. Gerry put down the window and spoke to us for a little bit. I asked Gerry if I could give him a letter and he said sure. I have been carrying this letter around for months in the hopes that I could put it directly into his hands. With it I included a picture of his Mum and me in Scotland last year. It was so important to me that I didn't want to send it to the fan mail address. The ladies got autographed pictures and I got to squeeze his hand. Unfortunately he had to get underway so that was it.

It was a few minutes later that it hit me...I actually got to put my letter into his hands!

You have no idea how truly wonderful Gerry is until you meet him in the flesh. We've all seen pictures, videos, interviews, etc., but there is nothing equal to the real thing. He's almost overwhelming and so magnificent!

I am so grateful for all my friends I have met through Gerry...we're all a little bit crazy and fun and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Thank you dear Gerry for bringing us all together! I believe it is much easier to meet Gerry if you are in a small group...those days of meeting him with a large group are over I think.

Gerry is truly one in a million!

:claphands: :woah: : :thankyou::kiss: :inlove:

Guest greyeyegoddess

That was a nice ending to a hectic day. Congrats for meeting him and being respectful fans.

All this time we were upset at fan behaviour, and well, the paparazzi and autograph hounds have us beat! It's been weird following Gerry's success and to see this happening. It's really sad. So does that mean that the next time Gerry's around here, I'll have to suit up in football gear in order to protect myself? LOL!

It's the paparazzi's job to find out where celebs are (Gerry's a celeb!) They have people who give them information or they pay people for information, and for shows like Conan, they've already been there before. There are pictures online from other shows.

~alice

:music:

Dragon Slayer, I'm so happy for you! How wonderful that you got to give Gerry your letter. I'm sure he was glad to see the pictures from Scotland with his mum too. From the descriptions of the autograph hounds and razzi, it's no wonder that the celebs despise them.

Dragon Slayer, I don't know how but I missed your experience...WOW! Have your feet touched the ground yet?? It's so nice to hear these good stories from a lot of you and I hope one day I'll have the same experience. By the looks of things though that is probably never going to happen! My good friend got to meet him and look into those gorgeous eyes and I think she's still mesmerized cause I haven't heard from her that much!! I'm so happy for her and the rest of you guys... I've heard before that he is more gorgeous in the flesh!! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

:wave: Fran

Marg - I am so happy for you to have been able to deliver your letter right into his hands, along with the picture of you with his mum. I am sure it will warm his heart and he will truly appreciate it.

I'm sorry that only one of you got into the taping - the most obvious thing during that interview is that the one thing that would have made it better would have been more of his fans in the audience to play off his natural bawdy humor. I wish we could let him know that we were hooting and howling in our own living rooms as we watched him!!

Guest greyeyegoddess

I hope that this isn't going to be a continuation...not having the fans come to watch his tv appearances. That would be a bummer. I hope that the whole group was there as friends, family or people who work with the stars that day...which is what I can only imagine. Weird that tickets weren't available as before the show was announced...or as the show was announced.

~alice

Guest Aislinn

Dragon Slayer!!!

Congratulations on meeting Gerry and getting to give him your letter. How wonderful that he was able to see loyal, true fans in the midst of all this frenzy.

(hugs)

Ashley/Aislinn

Marg,

How exciting for you!!!!!What a drem come true.I have the same dream.I have had my letter written for months because if I was ever lucky enough to get that close to him, I'd never be able to express what I want to say to him in that short of a time.I pray ever day that I will have my chance someday.But the fookin razzi I think is gonna ruin any remote chance I might have had.But I won't give up my dream.So happy for you lucky lady.I'm glad the fans he did talk to were so respectful of him.

I hope that this isn't going to be a continuation...not having the fans come to watch his tv appearances. That would be a bummer. I hope that the whole group was there as friends, family or people who work with the stars that day...which is what I can only imagine. Weird that tickets weren't available as before the show was announced...or as the show was announced.

~alice

Alice, the audience was made up mostly of tourists visiting NYC...they didn't have a clue who Gerry is. Our one friend (and us while standing in line) was educating the people around her. We were all in different places in the line and showed pictures and talked a lot about our favorite person. A little PR goes a long way!

Conan's show gets booked up months in advance...when I called his show there were no tickets available until some time in May. The day we went to Leno there were no reserved tickets honored and it was first come, first served. Probably 3/4ths of his audience were Gerry fans. We were so disappointed to say the least at Conan. The thing of it was there was a very small group of us...only 10.

:wall: :grrr2:

Ladies, I was just looking at the pictures that Marg, Rosa and Laurie took. One of the pictures that Laurie took, Gerry was smiling, hugely!! It had to be because Marg, Sue or Laurie told him that there was a small contingency of fans there. That he loves us is enough for me. I can deal with the fact that this may be my one and only chance to be within five feet of him. What I would not ever be able to deal with is not spending time with you all. Gawd, this is the best of the best times!!

Edited by Adoring

Marg, Rosa ~

Again, I am so happy for you (and jealous too!) and the other eight who schlepped into The City to support HIS BOO-LICIOUS MAJESTY. I believe he knew who his true fans were in that crowd and appreciated your being there.

Rosa ~ I too was somewhat choked up to read that he asked you " ... not to do anything." This is what's its come to. We all want this fame and recognition that he's worked so many years for, but HIMSELF ~ THE MAN will develop a complex that he can't step out of a building without the possibility that some overzealous fan will hurl herself in front of the vehicle he's in, at his head ... or at THE BOD in general! Get a grip people!!

Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't "come home" for this event. I sometimes tend to get somewhat belligerent (e.g. "NYC don't mess with me attititude") when I step out of the airport in my home town, and I probably would have ended up in my own shoving match with those a$$holes who take pix for a living! There behaviour was inexcusable, but much of the world's "media" seem to be that way. I'm really beginning to feel for those who are on the receiving end of their "attention."

Brava Ladies for demonstrating to G how classy some of his fans are!!!

Here's hoping I may still have a close encounter with "Cousin Boo"myself ...

M

Edited by Maureen Butler

Marg,

My PM is not working, but I had to tell you that I am sooooo very excited for you. Persistence pays!! Did Gerry recognize you from San Francisco? Are you still feeling like you are in a dream?? I am so glad you got to hand him the letter. I just sent one with a poster to sign to the fan mail address, but I'm sure I won't hear back for at least a year, if at all. To be able to hand it to him is so personal, I hope he was reading it in the car.

So now what? If he ever appears on Oprah, you are welcome to stay here. You are a lucky charm!!! What a month you've had!!! It just keeps getting better and better. It was so much fun spending time with you and the others in LA. And I thought we were lucky then!!!!

Congratulations!

Diane

(Lemndrp)

Alice, the audience was made up mostly of tourists visiting NYC...they didn't have a clue who Gerry is. Our one friend (and us while standing in line) was educating the people around her. We were all in different places in the line and showed pictures and talked a lot about our favorite person. A little PR goes a long way!

Conan's show gets booked up months in advance...when I called his show there were no tickets available until some time in May. The day we went to Leno there were no reserved tickets honored and it was first come, first served. Probably 3/4ths of his audience were Gerry fans. We were so disappointed to say the least at Conan. The thing of it was there was a very small group of us...only 10.

:wall: :grrr2:

You ladies had started the great GB information process. I just came through with the follow up. When I was the last one standing, it was like a bit of floodgates opening - "Who's this guy?" "You're all in the fan club?" "What has he been in?"

The couple behind me was on vacation from Oklahoma. The husband was a RABID Conan fan. They'd waited in line the day before and just missed the cut off, so they were already a bit miffed at being as far back in the line as they were. The husband was so adamant that he'd get in that he told his wife that if it came down to a split, he'd be the one going in. Funny enough, on the almost final count, they were split. So he and I went into the set together. Then, his wife was also allowed in.

After the show, while I was trying to reconnect with our crew, the couple came up to me. They both admitted that they were impressed by the interview...and the wife finally agreed to go with the husband to see "300". There were others that took a moment to say how much they enjoyed the show. There were even a couple of people who asked for the website.

It felt like a bit of validation, moving from being seen as "fangurl" to being part of a group who knew what we were talking about. :rotflmao: The day was great and well worth the travel.

Seeing Gerry was the tasty bit of frosting on a great cake - a rich layer cake of friendship. :gerrylicious:

The time spent with the ladies in NYC was priceless ~ a day of laughter, hope, tears, and happiness. :hugs:

Loved watching the special wishes come true! :yippee: :claphands::woo:

Dawn (WK/moodbluz)

:angry2:

(and had I been outside, the White Knight would've hip-checked those durn 'razzi to the curb for pushing the ladies around!)

Edited by White Knight

Ladies, I was just looking at the pictures that Marg, Rosa and Laurie took. One of the pictures that Laurie took, Gerry was smiling, hugely!! It had to be because Marg, Sue or Laurie told him that there was a small contingency of fans there. That he loves us is enough for me. I can deal with the fact that this may be my one and only chance to be within five feet of him. What I would not ever be able to deal with is not spending time with you all. Gawd, this is the best of the best times!!

Hey Lisa~ That's the picture I took for Laurie. Just saying.......

~Donna

Edited by turqeyes

I heard all about this from lugerry and I'm so happy for you all (yet a wee bit jealous.)

But that's okay, I'll have my turn sometime (hopefully!)

And I'm really sure it's more than a 'little slice of heaven'. I'd call it a Heavenly Experience...oooh I so wish I could have been with you all!!!!

But then I wouldn't have 'been' with you all, I'd be flat on the ground, passed out from all the excitement.

Then I wonder what Gerry's reaction would be...*goes off into dream-world...*

By the by...where are you gals's pictures?

Edited by Gerry admirer

OH do you have pics? how wonderful for you Marg. I am so happy. And I know he will be with the pics of his Mum and everything good for you GAL. Betts :stars:

raina...the pictures are posted on the front page of the Forum here, way down at the bottom. I was also in one of razzi pictures from HQ looking adoringly at Gerry! I think I got some verra good pictures.

:tasty: :claphands: