Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

I rewatched Gerry's Leno last night and I have to say one part just wrenches at my heart - when Jay says "you were already famous" and Gerry looks kind of like "Umm. no..." (only among his fans!!!) and then says "Finally, FINALLY (throwing his head back) I'm in a movie that people have seen!" Then he looks so grateful as he says "Thank you" towards the audience. I kept wondering if I HAD been in the audience would I have yelled out "We've seen all of them!"?? Probably not, even though I would have thought it.

I felt the same way when I heard that! If he ONLY KNEW how many of his films we've seen or own. That tough exterior of his doesn't cover up the big marshmellow he is inside....maybe that's why we ladies LOVE him so much!! Not to mention his enormous talent as an actor, those eyes, that mouth, those thighs...well, you get the idea!!

IMO, he seemed so mellow the other night, less figidty and very relaxed. Like everyone else, I could listen to him talk for hours and hear all of his stories. I think he's taking most of this hoopla over "300" quite well and is keeping himself grounded.

Alice...that's good news about your Dad! Wish I had a heart of a 17 yr. old!!

I've been trying to reach Nancy alll day today...I think she fell off the face of the earth!! We usually try to touch base everyday. Maybe she's in the bathroom balling her eyes out over seeing Gerry ONE MORE TIME and THIS TIME, it did her in!! :pant::funnyface:

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and those of you who celebrated Passover, I hope you had a joyous one.

JUDE

Hello my friends!

Hey Jude (gosh that sounds like a song!) ...Maybe Gerry recognized Nancy after seeing her so much this past month that they decided to hook up and take off!!

Alice, that's wonderful news about your dad....what a relief that must be for you and your mom.

Frannie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my toes crossed and of course I'm saying a prayer that this will be the people who decide they just can't live without your house! So, if they DO decide to buy it .... do you and hubby already know where you're going to move to? I mean, if you need a place to stay you can always crash at my house (just got to get here). And, Yes dear, I fixed up my guest room for you...but since you're so chicken you won't fly I figured I wouldn't let it go to waste...lol. Actually some dear friends are coming out from New York for a week to look at job opportunities and the housing market out here. We met them a number of years ago when they were in the air force. They moved next door to us and right after moving in Paul got sent overseas for 9 months. So we took Emily into our family as hers was back on the east coast. Not long after Paul got back Emily was sent to the middle east! So than we took care of Paul while she was gone...lol....they feel like our kids in many ways.

Erica, where are you? I miss you girl!

If I don't get back to post between now and Sunday, I wish everyone a truly blessed Easter.

hugs and love,

Sue

Edited by irish

...Maybe Gerry recognized Nancy after seeing her so much this past month that they decided to hook up and take off!!

Ya think so??? No wonder I haven't heard from her all day!!....I would disappear too!! Can't wait for all the details!! :cunning:

JUDE....sing away!! :pointy:

I rewatched Gerry's Leno last night and I have to say one part just wrenches at my heart - when Jay says "you were already famous" and Gerry looks kind of like "Umm. no..." (only among his fans!!!) and then says "Finally, FINALLY (throwing his head back) I'm in a movie that people have seen!" Then he looks so grateful as he says "Thank you" towards the audience. I kept wondering if I HAD been in the audience would I have yelled out "We've seen all of them!"?? Probably not, even though I would have thought it.

Ya know, he had the very same gesture and look on his face the very first time we saw him on Leno in Jan 2005.... when he said something about the Phantom and when we all yelled and clapped, he said "Oh, thats lovely" with a look on his face like he was so grateful that anyone liked it.

That has always just killed me, that he would ever wonder for even one second whether or not anyone appreciates and loves the movies he is in and the parts that he plays.

What is so amazing to me, is that as amazing as 300 is and how much I love him as Leonidas, there have been sooo many amazing parts he has played (in equally amazing movies!) such as Phantom, the Jury, Dear Frankie, Beowulf and Grendel and on and on.

(edited to add: just how many times can Cheri say Amazing in one verrrrrra long sentence????? :funnyabove: It's just Gerry, he brings out the "Amazing's" in me!!! tee hee heee)

I know I am "preaching to the choir" here because we all know what some people are only just now starting to discover.....but, I find it so sad that that look on his face of uncertainty and a kind of amazed (theres that word again!) gratitude is something that he carries with him STILL....and I will never forget the day I met him at Leno in April 2005...he looked around at all the people and said, "I just don't get it...this is all for me? why???" and I said, "Because you are worth it!!!"

I love that Gerry is so humble and so seemingly oblivious to so much that we all see in him....it certainly keeps him grounded and so down to earth and *human*....I just don't like to think about him ever doubting himself for one minute because of some stupid critics or box office numbers.

But, as we all know, it is the box office that will allow him to do so many things that he has wanted to do...and hopefully now, projects like "Burns" will get the funding and backing they need to finally be made.

Sorry I have not been around much....Just not feeling so well....but I am always sending you all my love and you are in my heart and in my prayers, as well.

xoxoxoxCheri

Edited by gypsygirllovesgerry

WEll just a fly by again, I fell again today. but this was funny. mY daughter Monica and I were sitting on the sidewalk out front and the dog was out with us and we were next to the garden and I had a drink I reached down to get it and me and my lawn chair fell over into the bushes. Monica laughed so hard and I did too it was like slow motion. she said its not funny Ma but it is. The dog started to lick my face. I was laughing and Monica was taking a piicture of me on her phone. hahah a Well she could not get the dog to stop licking me and she said let me help you up. Well I came close to hitting my head on a big rock in the garden Thank the Lord I didn't. But I said no don't touch me let me get up see if my hip is ok. Wellshe got the lawn chair out from under me and we noticed thecity animal control truck at the fence and I thought Oh they are going to get the dog. but no he saw me on the ground and drove in the driveway and wanted to know did I need to go to the hospital and Monica told him, no I was just on my way in a few minutes to my bone dr. ahhahaaha. he said be sure you drive her and she is ok. he stayed in my yard until I got up and walked around. So then he left but it was really so funny I am ok. But the bone dr she didn't like it she gave me shot in my hip of cortizone so I will be ok but she said what am I going to do with you. !!!!! I will be sore tomorrow in my neck I think because it don't move anymore. but I am ok and I wish I knew how to get the pic off my text messages I would send it to you but it has numbers and stuff on it I don't understand and either does monica. anyway HOpe all is ok with everyone prayers for all that still need them. lu ya'll Betts

Ahhh Betts, I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself anymore than you already hurt. Take care of yourself dear lady (but it did remind me of something I would do... :rotflmao: ).

Cheri, I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You are so lucky that you got to meet him when you did. I hope you feel better soon.

:wave: Pilar down there!

hugs,

Sue

Guest pilaraquarius

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darling Alice...that is STUPENDOUS news...I'm right there with ya babe! (HUGE sigh of relief)...

BIG HUGS to SUE, FRAN, BETTS, NANCY, JUDE, MEL, MOUSIE, DAWN, CHERYL and ALL MY OTHER GALS!!

Somebody is running RAMPANT with my story in the pub...so I had to come back in here to my OASIS OF SANITY and take a few deep breaths... :rotflmao:

There....I feel much better!

:wave:

Edited by pilaraquarius

:wave: Hey Gals!

I have had quit a busy week so I haven't been around to much. I just stopped by quick to say hello and catch up on my Gerry news and see how my Gals are doing. I have to get ready for church now, its holy week so, if there are any other Catholics here, you now there is mass every time you turn around on holy week. Yeah Yeah maybe I am not the best catholic around but I do try. Then work has been quit hectic. So if I don't get back into the SC before Easter I would like to wish everyone who Celebrates it "A Very Happy Easter" and to those who don't....Have a Great Weekend!

Alice: That is such wonderful news.

Sue: Hey how have you been? Sorry I have been away so much, I hope things calm down soon. Miss ya too. :yourock:

Cat: So glad you enjoyed 300, its amazing isn't it.

To all the Gals/Pals great big hugs.

:hearts:

Erica

Edited by Erica78

Alice just came by for a quick read and saw the great news about your Dad!! It's always good to log on and read "HAPPY" news!

NANCY HEY NANCY!!!! There are gals out looking for you ! Where are you ...are you out with you know who??? Did you two hook up?? :funnyface::cunning:

Sue, I haven't the slightest idea what were doing or where we are going if we sell but I think I better get one!! Apparantly Bobby's not too worried... Oh we can stay with family til we decide but I'm looking at a couple of houses....something much smaller just for the two of us! :confused: I would love to talk him into coming out your way but he has his feet planted firmly in the LI sand.... I just found out though that my niece...Peggys daughter is moving to CA but I don't know exactly where yet... She's the one that went to Vegas but I think she's having trouble finding employment there. She went to bartending school so she has that certificate...Who knows? Oh to be young and carefree again....lalalalalalalalalalalala................

BETTS!!! I am so glad your ok.... It sounds like you were laughing more than you were ouching so that's a good thing... BTW...may I ask what were you drinking?? :kisswink:

:wave: Jude, Zany, Pil, and Erica...anybody else I missed :wave: to you too!

{{{HUGS}}} Fran

Hey lovely gals...

Did anyone catch Gerry on David Letterman last night? Maybe I'm missing the thread, but no one is talking about it. Unless, my daycare provider was pulling my leg because she knows I gush over him she told me today when I picked up my son that he was on Letterman last night. I told her she meant Leno, but she said no Letterman. hum...

Cat - I knew you would love the movie. It's Gerrypendous yes it's.

Anna - Still jealous you got to met Anthony Head. *sigh* Thanks for the links.

Nancy - Lucky woman. Any news on your interviews?

Must go play with the kid now. You ladies have a good evening.

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

Cassie, I think she was pulling your leg. I saw the end of Letterman when he was thanking his guests. Though I don't remember who they were, I would have if one of those thanked had been Gerry.

Regarding that Leno appearance. When Gerry remarked that "FINALLY I'm in a movie that people have seen". I saw him mouth "Thank You". But was it just me, or did it look like Gerry teared up a little. For just a second, he looked really emotional, but quickly got control of himself and laughed. I thought my heart would fall out on the floor. It was so touching! Please watch the clip again and tell me if it is just my imagination!.

Sue

Watch it again? Must I? OK, you twisted my arm so I'm going to watch it again right now. I wasn't really watching HGTV anyways!

OK, I'm watching and I don't think he teared up but he did seem really grateful in that way Cheri described when he said "thank you, thank you" first with a laugh but then he looked down with a very serious look on his face which indicated he really, REALLY is touched to finally FINALLY have a successful movie from a BOX OFFICE standpoint. I know he is touched by the stories he hears about what impact HE has had on people's lives, but interestingly as much of a $$$ impact as 300 will have, on his career, I don't think it will ever carry the emotional impact that Phantom did - the impact that changes people's lives the way Phantom did, inspiring people to new dreams. I could be wrong, I'm only guessing.

Another observation that made me giggle - when they go to the commercial break he laughs and says "do I ever shut up?" We love how much he talks. Gerry - get in a room with us and we'll let you talk to your heart's content and we'll NEVER ask you to shut up and we'll never ask you to censor yourself.

Cassie - according to the Late Show website the guests last night were Bernie Mac, Paula Abdul and Joss Stone - no Gerry. It was a repeat of the March 19 show.

I think I saw Nancy post in the California Dreaming section last night and she hadn't run off with Gerry YET. She's just really tired from all the running around.

Hey Jude ...Maybe Gerry recognized Nancy after seeing her so much this past month that they decided to hook up and take off!!

Don't I WISH!!! :swoon::butterfly::omg2: :Yee-Haw: :baby: :thud:

I'm SO exhausted just keeping up with Gerry while he's in Southern California!! :thudstars:

I did see him today... :omg: In "300"!! :p

TEXAS GRAMMA: I saw it too...three times!! Gerry does look like he was going to get choked-up at that part you mentioned...but just to be sure, I'll watch it right now before bed...Gerry before bed :ohbaby2: ...how nice!! :inlove:

Shall I say Hi to everyone, or will I forget someone??? Here goes: SUSAN, FRAN, JUDE, SUE, TEXAS GRAMMA, BETTS, (Thnaks for sharing your little mishap and letting us all have a giggle with you, but only because we know you're ok), ALICE, CASSIE, ERICA, LIBBY, PILAR, CHERI, and CAT.

Love to you all and then some!! :rose:

And to GERRY: :barebum: That scene in 300...so nice!! Thank you!! :seeyou::kisswink:

Well Nancy,

I'm glad to know you're still with us...but I was hoping for ya!!! So are you telling us that Gerry wore you out? :pointy:

hugs to all and good night!

Love,

Sue

P.S.

Oh yeah, the job interview from Wednesday...I didn't feel good about it myself, I mean, the interview went okay, although it was 2 HOURS!! But I did not feel good. I was really too tired from the previous two nights of not getting enough sleep, all thanks to GERRY!! :p It was at 1130am and when I got there I felt very dizzy just walking thru the parking lot. Then I had to complete a 3 page app, and three docs allowing them to credit check me, background check, and finger-printing...(it's a bank). So then, when I get up to interview with the gal, I'm feeling dizzy again, but I can't let on to it. I just felt out of it.

All thru the interview, I felt like there was a fan blowing in my eyes...I hope I wasn't squinting, but my eyes were burning and I think it's lack of sleep. The glare from her window didn't help and the chairs were so uncomfortable...and my hand was aching from filling out the app...I just really didn't feel very "peppy" like I did last week when I did the phone interview with her.

I did a short phone interview with the bank my x-boss is at, on Monday, but he said there are two openings so I still need to call the other person.

I tell you, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I was in a skirt and stockings, like I've worn ALL my working life, and my Church-life(!!), but I've only had to wear stockings about 3 or 4 times this past year, and I am so un-used to wearing them now...I hate it!! And the office was so quiet, and the only other two employees I saw were both much older and I just felt like the noose was tightening around my neck!! :scared:

Sorry, I know I'm being dramatic, but I have had a lot of "freedom" in the past year with only working full time about 5 months of the year...and that was a very casual office. I just don't know if I can take it!! I don't know if I can stand being in a closed in office all day...with no inter-action with people. I envy anyone who gets to chose the one thing they most want to do in life, whether they went to school for it or not...how lucky to have a job you love!!

And check this out: My new gentleman friend, asked me about three weeks ago while I was out on a limo run...he asked me if I wanted him to buy me a limosine!! What is he thinking of!! I'll have to ask him to tell me exactly what he has in mind. :confused:

Alice - I forgot to mention that is great news about your dad. I'm glad he is doing better and that YOU may get a chance to go see "300" - finally!

OMG Cheri - I was just watching the 10 on E! and they had your guy DD on there talking about fake sex with Halle Barry and then she saying he was really GREAT at fake sex and she'll never forget it! I could just see you in a puddle with that!!

Well Nancy,

I'm glad to know you're still with us...but I was hoping for ya!!! So are you telling us that Gerry wore you out? :pointy:

:cunning::rotflmao:

FRANNIE: I meant to say how much I love your Easter siggie with Gerry and the Easter Bunny!! I really like Gerry's basket!! :yummy:

:gerrylicious::swoon::gerrygasm:

:embarassed:

Watch it again? Must I? OK, you twisted my arm so I'm going to watch it again right now. I wasn't really watching HGTV anyways!

OK, I'm watching and I don't think he teared up but he did seem really grateful in that way Cheri described when he said "thank you, thank you" first with a laugh but then he looked down with a very serious look on his face which indicated he really, REALLY is touched to finally FINALLY have a successful movie from a BOX OFFICE standpoint. I know he is touched by the stories he hears about what impact HE has had on people's lives, but interestingly as much of a $$$ impact as 300 will have, on his career, I don't think it will ever carry the emotional impact that Phantom did - the impact that changes people's lives the way Phantom did, inspiring people to new dreams. I could be wrong, I'm only guessing.

Another observation that made me giggle - when they go to the commercial break he laughs and says "do I ever shut up?" We love how much he talks. Gerry - get in a room with us and we'll let you talk to your heart's content and we'll NEVER ask you to shut up and we'll never ask you to censor yourself.

Cassie - according to the Late Show website the guests last night were Bernie Mac, Paula Abdul and Joss Stone - no Gerry. It was a repeat of the March 19 show.

I think I saw Nancy post in the California Dreaming section last night and she hadn't run off with Gerry YET. She's just really tired from all the running around.

Susan.... I completely agree with your statement here. I was just now putting together a DVD of the video Kelli made of Chanson de L'ange, and a note to be included for Gerry's gift with the Convention fund raiser. That brought to mind the creative process I have enjoyed for the past 2 years since first seeing Phantom.... and as I look back, I cannot help but be stunned by POTO's and Gerry's impact on mine and my family's life.

I hope that no matter how many more wonderful roles Gerry portrays in his brilliant star-dazzled future, Phantom of the Opera will always hold a special place in his heart. And it is my desire that he TRULY knows how he made magic with that role. Whether the critics and powers of Hollywood recognized it or not.... Gerry's portrayal of the Phantom was EARTH Shattering and SOUL slamming for many of us.... and I believe that like ripples on a pond from a single stone, the Phantom's touch will continue to spread outward.

I have been down with a monster migraine today (since last night).... so I've mostly been in bed.

Alice, that is wonderful news about your father!

I have missed the SC.

Take care all!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Alice - I forgot to mention that is great news about your dad. I'm glad he is doing better and that YOU may get a chance to go see "300" - finally!

OMG Cheri - I was just watching the 10 on E! and they had your guy DD on there talking about fake sex with Halle Barry and then she saying he was really GREAT at fake sex and she'll never forget it! I could just see you in a puddle with that!!

Ditto from me to Alice...I am so happy for you about your dear Dad!! Hug, hug, hug!!!

and STOP it, Susan, you are KILLING me :cunning: ....I want to know where and when and what movie and when can I SEE this "fake sex"??? With my babydoll honeybunches DD :heat:

.....I had to wait 9 years on the X-files to finally see a real kiss between Scully and Mulder...and the only real "romping" in a movie I have ever seen him do was in Kalifornia (a movie with a very frightening Brad Pitt, although the fake sex is not With Brad!!!! :rotflmao: ) and an otherwise kinda bizarre movie called The Rapture...oh, but wait a minute...Red Shoe Diaries!!!!!

Don't get me started! :blushing:

I swear, if we ever saw our Gerry in a movie like Red Shoe Diaries we would all die happy with Ginormous smiles on our faces!!! LOLOLOLOL

guess I better stop while I am ahead, or behind...oh sheeesh!! enough already , or I will be kicked to the Gutter! :funnyface:

Love you!!!

xoxoxoxoxCheri

P.S. Thanks for the mental image of DD....I oughta have some Sweet Dreams now!!!!

Susan.... I completely agree with your statement here. I was just now putting together a DVD of the video Kelli made of Chanson de L'ange, and a note to be included for Gerry's gift with the Convention fund raiser. That brought to mind the creative process I have enjoyed for the past 2 years since first seeing Phantom.... and as I look back, I cannot help but be stunned by POTO's and Gerry's impact on mine and my family's life.

I hope that no matter how many more wonderful roles Gerry portrays in his brilliant star-dazzled future, Phantom of the Opera will always hold a special place in his heart. And it is my desire that he TRULY knows how he made magic with that role. Whether the critics and powers of Hollywood recognized it or not.... Gerry's portrayal of the Phantom was EARTH Shattering and SOUL slamming for many of us.... and I believe that like ripples on a pond from a single stone, the Phantom's touch will continue to spread outward.

I have been down with a monster migraine today (since last night).... so I've mostly been in bed.

Alice, that is wonderful news about your father!

I have missed the SC.

Take care all!

Swannie

dearest Swannie....and Nancy too....I am so sorry that you are both not feeling well....I have been thinking of you both and praying for you....for health and for *peace*....and a great new job for Nancy, cuz you deserve it my sweetie!

and Swannie, have you ever read my story of the day I met Gerry after Leno in 2005? The Phantom is so special and sentimental to me because seeing the play was my first "official" date with my hubby David and after seeing Gerry as Phantom, the experience of it just snuggled into my heart and there it remains, as a sparkling, beautifully haunting memory, which I am so grateful to relive over and over again each time I see it.

I remember vividly getting absolutely incensed over the reviews and ripping them to shreds and feeling like I wanted to shake those idiot critics by the shoulders and say, "Are you SURE that you saw the same movie I did???"

and then, I decided I wanted to make a little "sign" for Gerry which read, "Thank you for making the music of the night". I just wanted so badly for him to *know* that someone really did "get it"...that there were people who saw that he put his heart and soul and guts into each moment of that film. I took the sign with me in hopes of giving it to him at the first Leno in Jan 2005, and we did not even know anything about anything at that point, didn't know that we couldn't bring signs into the show and really had no hopes of ever meeting him.

.....then Tamara (my sister) was diagnosed with M.S. just before that second Leno and we endured the whole "mosh pit" thing at CF that year so she could meet him...and it was such good medicine for her at that point...he just brought so much joy to her with that one shining moment with *that hug* ....and so, the whole Phantom **experience** is all tied together for me in this big ole "Gerry ribbon"....which is why I was such an emotional mess when I finally met him. Just being able to thank him for bringing some Light into my Tamara's life at a time when she needed it so much....and to tell him what *his Phantom* meant to me. I am so grateful for that!!!

I was cured forever of giving a flying fig what the "critics" say....and I have Gerry to thank...because if they could say the things they did to and about him after seeing the Phantom, I became convinced that they are all NUTS and therefore, not worthy of my heartache and rage...and that the only thing that matters to me is what I think about a movie....I don't need anyone to agree with me in order to feel good about any movie, book, c.d., etc.

I am just so sorry if it has hurt Gerry in any way and that he still may feel that he has to "prove" himself....and maybe there will come a time when he realizes that there are so many of us who believe in him and stand by him and support him every step of the way.

I am happy for Gerry that 300 is so successful...(1) because it absolutely deserves to be and (2) because being in a "hit" movie will enable him to do so many wonderful things he might not have been able to do otherwise.

I will always be grateful that Gerry "Made the Music of the Night"....because it lives and breathes inside of my heart and my spirit, *always*.

anyways!! Sorry to go on and on....this subject is a very tender one for me....

Love you!!

xoxoxoCheri

Oh Cheri....what a beautiful sentiment !...and how incredible that Gerry's work, persona and soul seems to shine to all of us....

WE GET IT!!.....when few were praising....We WERE!.....when critic's were blind...... WE SAW!.....When hurt showed in his demeanor ....WE felt it!

and now Hopefully everyone (or most) Will See, hear and feel what WE his Fans ALWAYS Knew!!

My Heart to all you Gals!!

Micky

WE GET IT!!.....when few were praising....We WERE!.....when critic's were blind...... WE SAW!.....When hurt showed in his demeanor ....WE felt it!

PAIRFECT! Micky.....as many times as I've seen Gerry's films, the one that touches my heart and soul will always be his portrayal of the Phantom. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Gerry IS the Phantom. I can't even say how many times I've seen the film but each and everytime, he brings me to tears with his performance.

I would love to know if he's even aware of the fact that we have annual showings of the film....maybe some time he'd like to sneak in and join the rest of us then he can see and hear for himself how much we LOVE what he does with that role.

Cheri babeee....I love hearing your's and T's story about that special night at CF!! That was MY time too with the MAN...and you know how I haven't recovered since!!

FINALLY....Nancy touched base with me late last night. She didn't mention anything about running off with Gerry but you never know, she might want to keep that to herself!! :funnyface: I guess it was a somewhat normal day for her.....going to see "300" once again!! :D I think if it works out, we're going to go and see it on Monday...and I thought I would be holding at three times ??

Bye for now....

JUDE

Edited by JUDE

Micky and Cheri... I couldn't agree with you more! I'm once again in a hurry...waiting for the people that are going to look at the house and I'm praying so hard that they make an offer.. I'll be back

{{{{HUGS}}}} to all my dear friends on a Gals...I wonder what I ever did without you guys! Thanks for being there in my bad times and my happy times. Luv Ya's.

Fran