Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greyeyegoddess

SEND GERRY 600 PRAISES FOR 300!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Send Gerry 600 praises for 300!

2007 convention fundraiser

"300" isn't just the biggest film hit for Gerry, it is also the biggest blockbuster of the year! So let's show Gerry our support and have your note arrive to him in style!

We have purchased a special gift for Gerry's significant other…Lolita - for the dog who has everything – a "Fur-Cedes!"

Posted Image

What to do:

Send in your note, letter, tiny (4x6) scrapbook OR other small gift, along with $20.00 (checks written to GBGALS) to:

Alice Patterson

1090 B St. #116

Hayward, CA 94541

(don't worry, it's a mailing address. If you come to that address, you won't find me...LOL!)

Paypal payments can be sent to registration@gerardbutlergals.com

We will enclose all gifts in Lolita's "vehicle" which we will give to Gerry and Lolita after the convention, or if we are lucky AT the convention!

Your $20.00 will go towards defraying our mounting convention costs – with any surplus going to our charity, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Alice will keep track of how close we are to receiving "300 x 2" notes of appreciation and will keep our members informed as to how close we are to making our goal and Lolita's "Fur-Cedes" with gifts will be available for viewing at the 2nd Annual GB Fan Convention in beautiful Las Vegas, NV!

Items need to be in Alice's possession by Saturday, June 2, 2007 in order to make it to Vegas.

This is Vegas, dawg!

Questions:

Should this thread be protected or something. The reason why I'm asking is if this is to be a "surprise" gift for Gerry wouldn't he or his people see it if they so happen to sneak on the site? I'm sure you can feign surprise, but it kinda loses something if he already knows about it. Just a thought.

Even though it is a gift for him, it will still be a surprise for Gerry what gifts and letters you send. Since we want everyone to know about this, hiding it in a special area for members doesn't quite work here, since the information is on the front of various sites. Some people only have time to read the latest news and this information needs to be seen by everyone. I hope that makes sense.

Remember how last year we could also send a letter? But does it need to be something that you can open and read before giving it to Gerry?

Those of you who were here last year know that the letters were read or scanned over to make sure they weren't disrespectful, x-rated, or had personal requests like "Call me at.....". The rules still apply. No "Will you call me?" or "Will you marry me?" or "Will you visit me?" or any kind of invitation or innuendos.

Personally, I don't want to read what you have to say to Gerry, but I also don't want to hand over a car full of special requests.

So in the end, YES YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP YOUR LETTER OPENED JUST IN CASE.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the 4"x6" dimension is referring to the "tiny scrapbook or other small gift", and that our note or letter can be written or typed on a standard piece of paper...8 1/2" x 11".

Gifts should no bigger than 4"x6", which is about the size of a regular sized photo. CD's are ok, too. Letters should not be novels. They should be able to fit inside a standard envelope, no bigger than 4"x9". The smaller the better this time.

Can our personal message include our phone numbers?

As last year goes, you can include personal information such as your name (I hope), your address, even phone numbers. I think Gerry will be tickled to know where he fans are from. :cunning: I'm sure that if you have written him a letter before, you probably sent him the same information.

It's the personal requests that are not allowed.

And does it have to be on pretty paper, etc? What's the format?

There really isn't a format for writing letters. You can use any kind of paper, lined or not lined, or note cards, and the text can be written or typed. It's up to you how you want to form your note or letter to Gerry. Make it a reflection of you as a fan. It's just the size of the paper/letter that you need to take into account.

wanted to know if its possible to send Lolita a gift. And how big can it be. I'll be sending a postcard type letter as well.

You are more than welcomed to send a gift for Lolita, but if you send a gift for both Gerry and Lolita, it will be $20.00 per gift. Plus, it will still have to fit within the gift measurement guidelines.

Just a reminder that this is a F-U-N-D-R-A-I-S-E-R, and those contributing are rewarded with the knowledge that any gifts given to Gerry and/or Lolita will find a more direct path to the recipient, than if you would have mailed to the fanmail address.

If you want that assurance, you must contribute the $20. If you do not wish to contribute to the fundraiser, you can feel free to send gifts to the fanmail address and hope said gifts are delivered to the intended recipient(s) at some undefined time in the future.

My one questions if I do the payment by paypal do I just enclose a copy of the receipt so you know that I did pay the $20 and that is why a check is not in with the card? Just curious how I am supposed to do that if paying by paypal.

If you have paid through paypal, you should have received an email from me. If not, let me know.

I usually put in my email that if you are sending a letter or gift, I will try to let you know when I receive your items.

I am keeping track of paypal payments, checks and gifts. But I am human and might skip someone. Please PM me if you have sent something and haven't received a confirmation yet. When I get the letter or gift, I'll let you know.

I have one question for you: I had made for Gerry's birthday a beautiful charm in 10 karat gold representing "Glencoe" and I do not know where to send it to him. Could I send it to you with the $20.00?

Yes, this will be the perfect way to get the gift directly to Gerry, without going through a mail service and waiting to see when he does make it back to London.

So you want to write something to Gerry but you can't figure out what to write...

Here are a few suggestions-

-Thank Gerry for the inspiration in your life. What has changed since you became a fan?

-If Gerry came to your area, especially for the premiere or press circuit of 300, or various tv shows, thank him for taking the time to come to your area (I'M REALLY HINTING THIS FOR THOSE WHO CAME TO WONDERCON!!!!!)

-Tell Gerry how many time you've see 300 and what you liked about the movie...aside from the gratuitous scene. LOL! He knows it was.

-Tell Gerry, briefly, why you became a fan.

-Give him a letter with words of inspiration or encouragement.

-Poems, a short story, or a scrapbook page of what you've done, or possibly what your local fans have done.

-A postcard from where you are from.

-Congratulate Gerry for his 2007 Stuntman Award.

-For those who dare, have your hubby write to Gerry too.

-Make a cd of songs that you would like to share with Gerry, or songs that remind you of him.

-A picture of your local Gerry Fans.

More ideas to come. Suggestions welcomed.

April 30, 2007

1) Get your funds in asap. If you are sending a check, letter or gift, send it soon, because the price of mailing a letter and packages in the US will be going up after Mothers' Day, on Monday, May 14th--two weeks from today!!!!

2) I don't know if any of you noticed, but Breast Cancer Awareness is getting hyped up again in retail. I just came from going through a few stores today, all the stores are selling pink stuff again. Any extra that we get will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. So even though we are asking for 20.00, you are most welcomed to send in more.

That is the cutest thing!

"Fur-Cedes!" LOL! I can picture Lolita in it right now!

What a GREAT idea! :clap:

Very cute! I'll be thinking about what I want to say in a note to Gerry while I'm doing other, less fun things, tomorrow, and will try to get it in the mail next week.

LOL Can I have Gerry in a Furcedes?

Going to send the man a congrat card on the huge success of 300!

:ohbaby2:

I Love it. I will absolutely send something for the "fur-cedes".

LMAO!! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! I think my cat would like. LOL.

*Sarah

One of the reasons I LOVE GALS is because of classy gestures just like this! Last year, I gave Gerry mine and Nathan's Chanson demo CD.... this year.... hmmmmm.

Guess I will have to wait for inspiration to strike!

Thanks Admins and Mods... I know you must all be working your fannies off about now!

Swannie

That is just too cute!! :claphands:

What a great idea...I will very happily contribute.

Marianne

Count me IN!!

Sue

Too cute!!! I'm so excited!

I'll try to see if I can send in something before the deadline. I do so hope he surprises you GALS and shows up there again! :D

I'll probably send a note too, but as per my usual practice, I'll be dragging along (to Vegas) the gift I made for Gerry going on 2 years ago now...that thing is more well traveled than I am! It's been to Montreal, Vancouver, California, back to me in FL and then to Colorado...and I still have it...The good news is that I have been able to continuously update it and make it better sooo....................I'm really really hoping there is a way for me to either give it to him personally (oh what a dream) or have someone else give it to him for me (option 1 would be ideal!)

Now to think of ideas for my note................

Must think quickly on what to send. I loved the gift last year and this is just as lovely. A Fur-cedes - the ultimate in doggie style. I'll figure out something soon and get it in. 2 months 1 day away from Vegas Baby!

Cassie

This is a Spectacular idea!! How cute is the "fur-cedes" Hell...I want one! Now let me see..a note huh? how long can it be? Just kidding.... I will gladly make a contribution even if I can't go..**sniff** **sob**

:claphands: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

:pointy: This is an awesome thing you have thought up. I only wish I could be at the Convention to share in this. :claphands:

Sherrell/Bermos :rose:

Guest greyeyegoddess

I think one of the neat things about this is that even if you can't go, you can still participate in the convention by participating in this.

I have a lot to say to Gerry about 300 in a little itty bitty card.

~alice

:music:

I'm happy to participate in this project and the Fur-cedes is just PAIRFECT!!!! I'm sure Gerry and Lolita will love it.

This is so COOL and AWESOME Ladies :claphands::claphands::claphands:

The little car bed is just too adorable........just right for :lolita:

I'm off to compose my note :p

Thanks for the opportunity to do this for Gerry

Rae :thankyou:

Wow! What a great idea. I'm definately in! :claphands:

Wouldn't it be something if he's able to show up again? After 300 he might not even be able to breathe. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can make it.

Either way, he's gonna love this idea :hearts: and I want to thank you for coming up with it. You GALS are always sooooo creative.

Love ya, :inlove:

Donna

I love, love, LOVE this..a Fur-cedes..what a great idea!! :claphands: :yippee: Lolita, you are gonna be one pampered pet.. :lolita: ..as if you're not already! Although I wouldn't dare to hope we could be honored with his presence two years in a row, who knows? Either way, I will definitely participate...*runs off to begin composing note to Gerry*

Alison

Edited by phanphorlife

Great idea!!! I'm in. :bow2:

I'm sure Lolita will love it.

Any news about Gerard's accident? His whiplash injury etc.? :sick: If he needs nursing, I'm always available.....

Cailleach

This is a great idea :claphands:; however, should the 4x6 note be sent on something like glossy photo paper in order to retain it's original state? Yep! There is always one of us in the bunch but it's a reasonable question. :funnyface:

How large is the car? Doggie size in order to stuff all of our 600 notes inside? Neat idea! I'll be more than happy to chip in! My prayer is that Gerard will come back to the convention again.

Unfortunately, I can't get there but will drink from Charlotte a toast to ya'll in spirit! As always, never do anything that I wouldn't do. If you do then this time I'll have to arrange for bail long distance. Next time I'll be in jail with you and say "Darn! :cunning: That was fun!" This said in jest, of course! :pointy: :funnyface::D

Cheers! Janet :lolita:

Send Gerry 600 praises for 300!

2007 convention fundraiser

"300" isn't just the biggest film hit for Gerry, it is also the biggest blockbuster of the year! So let's show Gerry our support and have your note arrive to him in style!

We have purchased a special gift for Gerry's significant other…Lolita - for the dog who has everything – a "Fur-Cedes!"

Posted Image

What to do:

Send in your note, letter, tiny (4x6) scrapbook or other small gift, along with $20.00 (checks written to GBGALSl) to:

Alice Patterson

1090 B St. #116

Hayward, CA 94541

(don't worry, it's a mailing address. If you come to that address, you won't find me...LOL!)

Paypal payments can be sent to registration@gerardbutlergals.com

We will enclose all gifts in Lolita's "vehicle" which we will give to Gerry and Lolita after the convention, or if we are lucky AT the convention!

Your $20.00 will go towards defraying our mounting convention costs – with any surplus going to our charity, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Alice will keep track of how close we are to receiving "300 x 2" notes of appreciation and will keep our members informed as to how close we are to making our goal and Lolita's "Fur-Cedes" with gifts will be available for viewing at the 2nd Annual GB Fan Convention in beautiful Las Vegas, NV!

Items need to be in Alice's possession by Saturday, June 2, 2007 in order to make it to Vegas.

This is Vegas, dawg!

This is one of the funniest and cutest things I've seen!!!!!! I will get to work on my note right away. Funny funny :rotflmao:

This is a great idea :claphands:; however, should the 4x6 note be sent on something like glossy photo paper in order to retain it's original state? Yep! There is always one of us in the bunch but it's a reasonable question. :funnyface:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the 4"x6" dimension is referring to the "tiny scrapbook or other small gift", and that our note or letter can be written or typed on a standard piece of paper...8 1/2" x 11".

Edited by phanphorlife

OMG that Fur-Cedes is just TOO CUTE!!! :p

Great Idea! I will be sending my contribution very soon! :D

:goodjob2: