Gerard Butler GALS

SEND GERRY 600 PRAISES FOR 300!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Guest greyeyegoddess

It is not easy to write to someone like Gerry; I'll admit it. I've never written a letter to any celebrity before. Emails, wishes online, but never sitting down to write a letter.

I think I may type it out first, because I seem to be able to think more clearly when I type. Put it away for a few hours or a day, come back and see if I still feel the same way. It can be quite a process. But you all have until the beginning of June to make sure Gerry gets something from all of you.

Maybe there's a beautiful photograph of some natural scene that you want to share with Gerry. Maybe a picture of your family dressed up for Halloween as characters from POTO.

If you've sent paypal payment and haven't received an email from ME confirming it within a couple days (although I've been trying to keep up on it daily), please PM me. The PM box is now ready to receive messages.

~alice

:music:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it away for a few hours or a day, come back and see if I still feel the same way.

That's a good idea Alice.

I have always had a hard time putting my feelings down in writing.

:hugs:

LMAO!! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! I think my cat would like. LOL.

*Sarah

My cat would have to have a CAT-illac cause he's so HUGE! :rotflmao:

Already sent in my contribution for this. I think it is a fabulous idea!!! I just wish we could see his face when he receives it, or a picture posted of Lolita in her little Fur-cedes! How cute would that be! Just counting the days until the convention!!!!

My cat would have to have a CAT-illac cause he's so HUGE!

OMG! Katie! I just spit my hot tea all over my screen! LOL! :spit:

a picture posted of Lolita in her little Fur-cedes! How cute would that be!

That would be the BEST!

Great idea phantomswoman!

Wow !!! This is a wonderful idea !!! & I love the FUR-Cedes !!!! That's sooo adorable & cute &

I think that Gerry & Ms Loleeeta !! will absolutely LOVe IT !!!

I'll get a check out to y'all soon !! and it would be great to see a pic of Ms. Lolita crusin' in it

someday !!! & Dad by her side too !!!

It is also wonderful for everyone to have a chance to Thank Gerr & Congratulate him !!!

Thank You -- Alice & All the Admins & everyone involved with this !!!!

amanda-t

Quick question...Since I am going to be in Vegas is it OK to just Paypal the money and then slip my note in when I'm there?

Deb

Guest greyeyegoddess

You know I'm going to be honest, if I waited for everyone to give me their letters and gifts in Vegas, I will miss out on some of the fun, because it will take a while to get everything together and wrapped up. I hardly met more than probably 50 fans last year, out of the few hundred we had last year. My fault and I hope to do better this year. I need to know, for the majority, how many items are going to be added in with the gift to Lolita.

I would really like to take care of this program before I go to Vegas and have fun. I know I'm not alone when I say that the hostesses and their helpers would love to have fun with all of you. Of course, I can't help it if you get your inspiration the very last minute before you arrive in Vegas. The most important thing is to get your funds in first.

Last year, we did the same thing and all letters needed to be in beforehand because they were all being put in a book. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to put things together yet, but if I know how many I am putting together, it would help. I'm driving, so taking extra stuff isn't going to be a problem this year.

If you decide to hand your items to me in Vegas, you'll have let me know beforehand and then you'll have to find me. My roommate spent a whole day looking for me last year. You have a better chance of getting it to me by sending it to me than spending your fun time, looking for me and worrying whether or not you find me to give your letter to Gerry. I know how frantic fans can be.

Send your funds first...that's what matters at this time right now.

~alice

Guest greyeyegoddess

I haven't quite figured out how the best way to do this, but I'm going to start a list here for those who I've received items from, but I don't have an email..since I don't want to put people's name out there, I'll put your first and last initial and state or country. You are welcomed to PM me.

Just a note, this is not everybody who has sent stuff in, just those I don't have an email for. Other than that, you should get an email from me if I have receive your funds and gifts.

~alice

D.M from VA

Just sent my paypal payment ($40) for TWO letters/gifts.

I'm hoping that hubby will send a few words to Gerry. I think he's been wanting to tell Gerry, "Hey, what about all these crazy women, huh?" :rotflmao:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Omigosh Katie, that would be wonderful to have some of the supportive hubbys send in letters. I think that would be hilarious!

I think I'm going to suggest that to our local group. We have a bunch of supportive hubbys who like hanging out with the gals.

~alice

Sent in my money via Paypal -- NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE TO HIM THOUGH! I am soooo not good at this (yes, I'm a writer, but it's not the same as fiction writing!).

And does it have to be on pretty paper, etc? What's the format?

Guest greyeyegoddess

Sent in my money via Paypal -- NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE TO HIM THOUGH! I am soooo not good at this (yes, I'm a writer, but it's not the same as fiction writing!).

And does it have to be on pretty paper, etc? What's the format?

There really isn't a format for writing letters. You can use any kind of paper, lined or not lined, or note cards, and the text can be written or typed. It's up to you how you want to form your note or letter to Gerry. Make it a reflection of you as a fan. It's just the size that you need to take into account. That information can be found on the first post of the thread.

Here's another idea that I posted on the Support Center-share your excitement and congratulations on Gerry receiving the Stuntman award for his work on 300.

Thanks!

~alice

Guest greyeyegoddess

HELP HELP!!!!!Okay I have read the do's and dont's of sending a praise, but I'm having a blonde moment and wanted to know if its possible to send Lolita a gift. And how big can it be. I'll be sendind a postcard type letter as well.

For the rest of the fans, I will get back to you about this.

Back-

You are more than welcomed to send a gift for Lolita, but if you send a gift for both Gerry and Lolita, it will be $20.00 per gift. Plus, it will still have to fit within the gift measurement guidelines. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or PM me.

This info has been added to the first post.

~alice