Gerard Butler GALS

SEND GERRY 600 PRAISES FOR 300!

Guest greyeyegoddess

I've been so busy I keep forgetting I need to get my letter/pic or whatever I want to send in to you Alice. Oy vey. I need to put time in my mental clock to do this this weekend or I'll never get it done. *sigh* I cannot believe that time is going by so fast.

Cassie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyeyegoddess

Ok Cassie. Should I PM and email you? LOL!

I've received a few mailed checks every week so far. I know that many are waiting, but send your payments in first then figure out what you are going to with the letter or gift. We have just a little over a month left of this fundraiser.

I'm still putting my letter together...I know how it is.

~alice

:music:

Okay, everything will be in the mail either tomorrow or tuesday! I just have to get some stamps! It been awhile since I sent a letter! LOL

Brumie

:lolita:

Creativity is what keeps life exciting and makes it an adventure! The idea of the "FURCEDES" is hysterical, and is just another example of GALS working hard to make the convention fun for us members, and a major success! You all have a winner with this project!

Has anyone heard whether or not Gerry has actually seen the last project, which was the book for Margaret? I read her response where she told him about it via the telephone. That was another definite winner.

We are sending a gift for Lolita, and a note for Gerry. We are so excited about attending our first Gerry event, and really look forward to meeting all of you!

:swoon: Sue2 (MyPhantomsSong),and Jeni Hart (Mad4Marek) :watchclock:

I worked on my card until the Gerry-appropriate hour of 3 a.m. this morning and I think it is just about done. I may try to "fancy it up" a wee bit before sending it off to you, Alice.

OK, I just checked this thread again...got caught up in some other (real life--what's that again?) things and I was thinking I had completely missed the deadline but now I see I still have some time! :claphands:

I definitely have a note to send along to Gerry so I'll be taking care of that this week. The postcard idea is a good one b/c anyone who knows me knows that once I start talking/writing, I generally can't stop! So I'll try to limit myself!

Can you believe my hubby and I just booked a trip to Vegas over the weekend....for the week BEFORE the convention??? I'm so mad I have to miss it by just a week! (We've been planning this since before I actually drank the GerryJuice and unfortunately couldn't put it off until the actual convention weekend) I know you all will have such a super time no matter what! :pointy:

Hi!

A Fur-cedes! What a great idea for Lolita!

I have one question for you: I had made for Gerry's birthday a beautiful charm in 10 karat gold representing "Glencoe" and I do not know where to send it to him. Could I send it to you with the $20.00?

Please let me know. I wish I could attend the Convention this year but I won't be able to unfortunately.

Bromweynlise

oh ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I have my card all done for this and I just keep forgetting to paypal in the money... Bad Jenn. I will try to remember tomorrow after the paycheck hits the bank!

Hugs,

Jenn

Guest greyeyegoddess

Yes, this will be the perfect way to get the gift directly to Gerry, without going through a mail service and waiting to see when he does make it back to London.

Remember fans, you have ONE MONTH AND TWO DAYS to get your funds and gifts or letters to me!

JUNE 2, 2007!

~alice

Hi!

A Fur-cedes! What a great idea for Lolita!

I have one question for you: I had made for Gerry's birthday a beautiful charm in 10 karat gold representing "Glencoe" and I do not know where to send it to him. Could I send it to you with the $20.00?

Please let me know. I wish I could attend the Convention this year but I won't be able to unfortunately.

Bromweynlise

Guest greyeyegoddess

After I went out to lunch, some things popped into my mind...this will also be updated on the front page:

1) Get your funds in asap. If you are sending a check, letter or gift, send it soon, because the price of mailing a letter and packages in the US will be going up after Mothers' Day, on Monday, May 14th--two weeks from today!!!!

2) I don't know if any of you noticed, but Breast Cancer Awareness is getting hyped up again in retail. I just came from going through a few stores today, all the stores are selling pink stuff again. Any extra funds that we get will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. So even though we are asking for 20.00, you are most welcomed to send in more.

~alice

:funnyface: I FINALLY sent my paypal payment in! Better late than never. I'm such a procrastinator.... :cunning:

Anyway Alice.... I will send my "gift" to you sometime this week!

Hugs,

Jenn

I'm a procrastinator too. I meant to have my letter done weeks ago, but I've had so many things on my mind and I've been so tired lately that it keeps being put off. It will get it done though. lol :stars:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Fans,

You have ONE MONTH (June 2, 2007) to work on your gift or your letter and your funds. The sooner the better, especially for those going to Vegas. We have to pack, find outfits, dresses, and get hair done, nails done, make plans, etc. This is the easy part.

I added another gift idea. How about making a cd of music that reminds you of Gerry or music that you would like to share with Gerry?

~alice

I am going to work on this tomorrow. I do want to get it done and on it's way to I can concentrate on everything else for Vegas.

My one questions if I do the payment by paypal do I just enclose a copy of the receipt so you know that I did pay the $20 and that is why a check is not in with the card? Just curious how I am supposed to do that if paying by paypal.

Thanks

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi fans,

You have LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS TO GET YOUR GOODIES IN!

I am writing my letter right now, but I know that I will change some things. It's typewritten, so I can go back if needed. I decided that I am also going to give Gerry his own copy of the video I took from Wondercon.

I'm still waiting for those of you who had the chance to see Gerry at either comic conventions to write your thank you letters, notes or whatever.

~alice

I finally wrote the letter and now just have to reprint it and add the gift (Alice you know the CD) and send the $$ and I will be all done-- Alice you should have it be the end of next week!!

:hearts:

Annemarie

I swear I'm going to send in the moolah and letter in this week! I have a very forgetful mind!

Alice, the check is in the mail!!!!I swear!!!I'm mailing it out in the morning.I have written my letter, but haven't decided on the perfect gift yet, so I will send them as soon as possible.It will be there in time to get packed for Vegas!!!!

Amy

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hello fans! I just want to let you know that if you sent something last week, I probably have it in my hands right now, and hopefully by tonight will email or PM those who sent me checks and stuff for Gerry. It was nice to see a bunch of goodies for Gerry and Lolita.

Keep them coming. Just to let you know, that address is not my home. It's my mailing address and so I have to go and pick up the letters every few days.

It's getting exciting!

Thank you to those who sent in funds and stuff!

~alice

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi Cassie,

I haven't picked up my mail since Tuesday, so if it came between Tuesday and today, I haven't gotten it yet. I'll let you know. I won't be able to pick up the mail today, but I'll make sure that I get the mail tomorrow and PM you if I get it, k?

The address is not my home; it's a mailing address like a Fed Ex or Mailbox etc. It's a local print shop. I have moved too many times, and for some reason, my mail didn't always make it to my hands when I had it delivered to where I lived. It's safer to have it like I do now.

Unfortunately, it's located on the other side of town, in the middle of the downtown area. But so is everything else in town...my bank...the post office...so I have to go there anyways. I'm expecting to make more frequent trips as the date gets closer.

Thanks everyone!

~alice