Gerard Butler GALS

Will Gerry be @ GBcon?

parislovesgerry

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris, since Gerry has a huge and passionate fanbase in Japan, my guess is, he will probably make the premiere there.... but then, I don't think any of us really expect him to ever attend the Vegas Con again, like he did last year.

Last year, he had to be in Vegas for his friend's premiere, and he was on his down time, so he was able to fit us in. 300 has taken him to a different league in his profession, and as I understand it, he is even now fielding offers and being courted by studio heads. My guess is, his schedule will be too tight to fit in a visit to the Con, (although I'm sure he he'd love to hang out with us if he could!)

I'm not saying that there is NO chance of him showing up at the Con, I mean we can always hope... but I don't think it's very likely.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2291&p=.htm

Since the Japan premiere of the ultra-awesome 300 is on 6/9/07 then it's likely that our baby won't be making it to the lovely GBcon. I know that it's going to be fabulous anyway, but I had been hoping that Gerry's lovely self would make an apperance.

Thoughts?

Paris.

I sure hope so. Yippee!

Guest greyeyegoddess

This was asked before. The movie is being released in Japan on June 9. The premiere usually happens before that. In Brazil, the premiere was almost two weeks before the move was released. The movie premiered in the UK a week and a half before the release. Release dates and premiere dates are usually different. Unless Japan handles their premieres differently, the premiere allows the actors to do press before the movie is released.

I don't know if Gerry is going to be in Vegas. Last year, I was adamant about him not coming because I couldn't see any way for him to come, and I was wrong. So I don't know.

~alice

:music:

Last year, I had a certain 6th sense sort of feeling that he would be there. I just somehow knew it, and even shared this hunch with a few (Swannie, DrEm, Jenni, etal). Because of this overpowering belief, I was one of the very first to sign up for last year's convention. However, after he sent Tonya and Jereme, as his representatives, and we learned from them that he was suffering from neck and back problems after BOAW filming, I was very confused and in my self-doubt, convinced myself that I had been wrong. It didn't really matter by that time, 'cause the convention was so much fun and I met so many wonderful new friends. Anyway, when he did show up, I was as surprised as everyone else and gained more confidence in my intuitions!

If anyone wants to know what my "esp" is saying about Gerry's appearance at the 2007 Convention, I will be more than happy to share it with you. There is a catch, though. The only requirement is that (whether you are joining us in Vegas, or not) you must participate in our fundraiser, click here for details: Send Gerry 600 Praises for 300. I will obtain a list of those contributing and PM my prediction to you, within 3 days after end of fundraiser.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to have psychic powers, a true prophet is never wrong. I've missed my guess on occasion, but not often. Just one more example... the first time I saw Gerry act, in POTO, having no idea who he was or anything about him, AND before I fell head over heals in love with Gerry Butler, the man, I had the most positive assurance that this man would recieve an Oscar within 3 to 5 years of that time......(300? Could it be?)

This is true. Last year Libby kept telling me Gerry would be there, but I just could not see it. Especially with Tonya and Jereme being there... it just seemed way too good to be true!

And bloody hell..... it was, and he did, and she was right!

Big time kisses and hugs for you Libby! I luvs ya!

Swannie

Here's another thing to think about:

As great as it would be for all of you attending to see Gerry, his showing up at the same convention a second time would probably not be in his best interests as he'd be boxing himself in in terms of expectations. Everyone would expect him to show up, not only at GALS' conventions every year, but also at other conventions. Plus, if he showed up at GALS again and didn't show up at conventions at other web sites, there could be sore feelings.

Something to consider.

Guest greyeyegoddess

You mean, again....

But one must realize that this is NOT a GALS convention. This is a GB FAN convention. Everyone is invited. I think that it would be a great reason for Gerry to come...to show how delighted he is to see how well his fan sites are getting along.

Again, I don't know anything...

~alice

:music:

Well the point is, it's Gerry's choice, and it would be on HIS terms. I'm pretty sure no one would know until the last possible minute, one way or the other.

It's fun to speculate though... :kisswink:

I really wish I could go and meet other fans, and visit a city I've never been to before. I would probably be afraid of getting lost or something...I even got lost in my own city last week! lol I'd be like: "Help! Someone help me find the GB convention!" :tissues:....but you guys would have helped me out right? lol Unfortunately I have grad school on weekends and I already have to miss two classes in June...:fook:...or else I would so be going.

My thoughts????

Well, in lieu of consulting my magib 8 ball, I'm going with the gut here.

I think a big old no. Sorry, but that's my feeling.

My advice - go to meet your GALS. I was there last year, and I can tell you with no hesitation and no embellishment - even before Gerry showed up (and I didn't think he would last year either - just goes to prove how much I know!) it was a blast meeting my GALS and other GB fans. I've been to the UK and CO .net Cons too (I'm a loyal Tart and GAL), and anytime that you get to see your girls is worth the trip! So go for your GALS and to have fun - you won't be disappointed, I promise!

Jen

OK!OK!OK!OK!OK!--- NOW, NOW..... Gals come on-- there is always room for optimism. The point of the convention is not the fact of whether Gerry will be there or not-- YES the convention is in his name. but we are going because we want meet those we havent met and see again those we have! Last year was amazing to those who were there (and great for those of us who werent to look at the pics and video) . We can always dream!!! But dont by any means expect that he will be there and if by chance he does show then thats just the icing on the cake!! I plan to have a great time.. and cant wait to meet you all!!!

See you soon!!!

Annemarie

PS-- Wuli-- as far as rooms go I am reserved but wont know where til we check in.....

Something to consider.

Oh, believe me...many considerations have been made on my part! And of most, if not all, of those going. The best advice, which has been said, is not to expect. Go to meet the GALS, and all the fans, to have a great time and party!! Most of the best times I had last year were finally meeting these wonderful women I'd been talking with on the board for months. And then, I truly connected with a few that I hadn't talked to much online beforehand...which was soooo cool! Meeting friends and making new ones...that's truly priceless.

Man, Vegas is sneaking up on me...I keep thinking it's far away, but really it's less than two months away! How the heck did THAT happen? Where has this year gone....??

:hearts:

~Mel

FUNFUNFUN, I can't wait to go. I'm so glad that it's happening in Vegas! The way that they have Vegas set up it's like a fairy tale place. You FEEL different, like you have no worries. I love it.

I can meet the Gals, do fun things together, then do special things with my husband. I can't wait. I finally have something to wear to the costume ball that I can fit into. Speaking of fitting into something, what about all of the buffets? My favorite one so far is at Luxor!

Is there going to be Kareoke?

Actually my favorite buffet is at the Flamingo! It is the greatest food, but also the whole room over looks the tropical garden/pool area in the rear of the hotel. The whole back wall is glass. It's gorgeous.

As for Gerry showing up. Not counting on it or even thinking it will happen. I'm going to meet ya'll and have a blast.

I would be shocked even more than I was last year if we had a repeat appearance this year. I'm a GB convention junkie (hi Jen, my fellow GBcon junkie) - I go to them all - entirely because I want to see my friends and meet new ones who share my interest in this most amazing man - and to see the places where the conventions are held. I love going to Las Vegas and this will probably be my only trip there this year (sometimes I get to go 2 or 3 times in a year) so I'm planning to make the most of it.

I'm with you Susan in that I'm going to make the most of it. I'm looking forward to seeing last year's crew of GALS who made it and to meet some of you for the very first time. As Jen stated, last year's convention was a blast before Gerry even showed up. He just added the icing to the already delicious cake. Now, I would be lying if there wasn't a small pinch of me hoping that he makes an appearance and could stay a bit longer. But, even if he doesn't I know that I'm going to have tons of fun.

Oh BTW, if he does happen to want to make an appearance, could he possibly show up either before we eat or way after? That was a lot of bloody steaks wasted after his departure. :D I mean who could eat after the man was in our presence.

Cassie

No kidding, Cassie - can you believe how much of that meal went to waste (instead of to waist) because the Gerry Juice filled us up so much we couldn't eat another thing!

I just can't even describe how excited I am to be going to Vegas with all of you this year.I look forward to meeting all of you and seeing a few I have met before.The events they have planned I'm sure will be so much fun.Even through all the hardship with my hubby about going, nothing is gonna bring me down.

I have convinced myself that Gerry won't be there, but I credit myself as being honest , so I must admit in the back of my mind and deep in my heart I pray somehow he will, but, again, as you all have said, the "MAIN" reason, I am going is to meet and be with all of you!!!!If it happens , I will fall to my knees and thank God, because I can't see myself being able to do things like this very often(money & hubby) and I kind of see this as maybe my "only " remote chance.If not, I will still thank God for giving me this opportunity to be with all of you and letting me live life for a few days.

Edited by redroseblackribbon

I'm with you Susan in that I'm going to make the most of it. I'm looking forward to seeing last year's crew of GALS who made it and to meet some of you for the very first time. As Jen stated, last year's convention was a blast before Gerry even showed up. He just added the icing to the already delicious cake. Now, I would be lying if there wasn't a small pinch of me hoping that he makes an appearance and could stay a bit longer. But, even if he doesn't I know that I'm going to have tons of fun.

Oh BTW, if he does happen to want to make an appearance, could he possibly show up either before we eat or way after? That was a lot of bloody steaks wasted after his departure. :D I mean who could eat after the man was in our presence.

Cassie

Or, perhaps, stay and eat with us???

Nice thought, huh?

LOL, Paris.

Cassie

LOL!! MAN, that was interesting...

I think most of my steak would have been eaten beforehand if they'd given us something sharper than BUTTERKNIVES to cut the stupid thing with! *ahem*

Most of my energy was spent sawing at it...

~Mel